Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

86 Pages«<7273747576>»
rm920 Offline
#2191 Posted : Tuesday, April 16, 2013 5:30:10 AM(UTC)
rm920

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
good morning all...

Lizzy - you are re-doing your entire house. It will be so nice, fresh and beautiful you won't want to leave! You have been doing so many projects that I can't keep up. And a wedding next weekend also! You will probably enjoy being away from all the confusion for a few days. Hope things continue to go well on the home beautification projects. Did you get the items for the gift bags picked up?

Laurie, you on a busy streak as well. I agree that having somewhere to store things while projects are being done is a great idea. Do you have the painter lined up yet? Hope your creative streak continues as you make projects for your sale.

Carrie, how is NYC?

I was saddened to hear about the bombing in Boston. My heart goes out to all affected.

Nothing exciting here.

Hope everyone has a good day.
imnchghere Offline
#2192 Posted : Tuesday, April 16, 2013 5:54:50 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

Was thanked: 99 time(s) in 77 post(s)
good morning.. Kind of seems like Monday, since Jim worked from home yesterday. My friend who does the crops at her home has one today. I wasn't sure it was on for today, but she sent an email last night asking who was coming. I have nothing ready to work on and I hate hauling a lot of stuff, so I am not going.

Rhonda, I am so glad that you got lots of quality time with Drew and Payton. Sounds like you had a fun time creating also. Did you manage to get some pictures for your explosion box?
both of my girls were involved in theater in high school and I always enjoyed the productions. One of the local area high schools did Grease recently. I would have enjoyed seeing that.
I think it won't be too long before Jim will have to cut our grass. He had planned to put down weed/feed yesterday (why he stayed home), but they were calling for a chance of rain, so he couldn't. Never did rain, so we went to Lowe's and got boards for a new garden box and a new power washer. We also found the replacement cover for the gazebo and we got a new bench for the yard.

Lizzy, you keep making more progress. WOW!!!! 11 book cases. I'll bet that made a huge difference. Now it is wedding week and it appears you are pretty much ready for the big day.

Laurie, you are also moving right along. I just can't imagine getting our house ready to put on the market. I would definitely not be able to do it so quickly.

Rhonda, I see you popped in while I was typing.

I am off to the PO shortly to mail 2 cfs boxes and then to the bank to make a society deposit. When I get back home, I will either go for a walk or ride the bike. Then I will get back to the purging/trashing. Looks like I will be heading to CA in the next month, so I have got to get moving on the house projects. Supposed to be a drizzly day.
I_M_BLEST Offline
#2193 Posted : Tuesday, April 16, 2013 6:00:59 PM(UTC)
I_M_BLEST

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Hello ladies!

We are home. Had a really good dental clinic.

I have not read the posts but Lizzy, I saw your post on FB. I am so very sorry for your loss.

I am really tired, trying to wait for dark to go to bed. haha I will catch up tomorrow.
rm920 Offline
#2194 Posted : Wednesday, April 17, 2013 5:01:15 AM(UTC)
rm920

good morning....

Paula, glad you made it home safely. Can't wait to hear how the trip went.

Pat, I did get a few pics but still need a few more for the explosion box. Earlier in the day Saturday, the kids had their pictures taken by a photographer, so hopefully there will be enough pics to use from that sitting that I can finish it. Will post pics when it is finished. I understand about the weather getting in the way of Jim's plans. I also wanted to get more spraying done but the rains moved in. We are supposed to get more rain today. But don't want to complain as we need the rain.

Lizzy, you are down to your final day at home. Hope things are going well and you are ready to head to Las Vegas. Fun times!

Nancy, how are things in your area? Did you visit the Dr about your toe?

Laurie, did you get a painter lined up?

Last night I had some paperwork to deal with. Tonight I hope to either work on a layout or do some research.
imnchghere Offline
#2195 Posted : Wednesday, April 17, 2013 7:15:35 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

good morning.. Paula, glad you had a good clinic. What is on your plate this week?

Lizzy, I am not sure when you leave for the wedding, but my thoughts will be with your family for a beautiful and memorable time. Also safe travels for all. We look forward to hearing all about it when you return home.

Rhonda, I think we might be able to get the weed/feed down this weekend. At least I hope so. We will also continue working on the flower beds. I am going to try to do a couple small beds by the deck stairs today and maybe around the pond.
I am sure you will have plenty of fun pics to choose from the sitting. Even the bad ones are hard to resist.
I have some layouts I would like to work on from the recent meeting, but I want to visit the scrapbook store in Gettysburg first. I am hoping they might have Civil war specialty papers that I could utilize. We had 4 re en-actors attend the meeting in uniform.
I also want to work on my research. I have had some info surface lately that could be my g-uncle Ralph. But until I can get in there and dig some more, I am not sure it is in fact him.

Well, this has taken me longer to type than I had planned. Time to head out to the yard.

QtnSasyCarrie Offline
#2196 Posted : Wednesday, April 17, 2013 12:09:12 PM(UTC)
QtnSasyCarrie

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered

Just wanted to let you all know that I am home. With the Boston bombings, security in NYC was tightened way down. The cabs that came into the hotel area were swept by police before they were let in. Laguardia was closed for a while yesterday because of a suspicious backpack so everything was delayed. Got patted down by TSA too. What a mess!

I just learned that the carts on the Gypsy can now be sinked with CCR. Hallelujah! i am so ready to get rid of that little eyesore.

I will have to go back and read.
I_M_BLEST Offline
#2197 Posted : Wednesday, April 17, 2013 8:02:06 PM(UTC)
I_M_BLEST

Hello ladies,

Cleaned my new house today. Came home had lunch and thought I had the rest of the day to catch up and do L. Got my first load in when my sister reminded me I said I would help with the Wed. dinner. ugh!! After that was done I dropped off the extra food at the shelter. Got home and watched Survivor. Heading to bed now. Guess I will have to do L after my Thur. house.
We were all in bed before ten last night. Heading there now, DH still is not feeling well.

Carrie, glad you are home safe and sound. Didn't think about Boston affecting your trip, glad it didn't too bad.

Posted pics of our trip on FB today. It looks like we played more than we worked but really, we didn't. I don't know the actual count but I know that we treated more than 200 people. And most of them had many things done, cleanings, multible fillings and extractions. (one 24 year old girl had fourteen teeth pulled)

Pat, I have friends that do the Civil War re-enactments. They love it!

Rhonda, what a great time you must have had having the girls over. Very nice!! :)

Off to bed...

imnchghere Offline
#2198 Posted : Thursday, April 18, 2013 3:59:14 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

good morning.. woke up way too early. I decided to just get up. I see on FB that Lizzy has arrived in LV and others will be arriving today. Exciting times.
Paula, nice pics you put on FB from the trip. Hope your Thur house goes quick, so you can get back to the laundry.
Rhonda, were you able to do some research last night or did you work on the layout?
Laurie, how are things going with your house projects? I forget if the craft show is one day?
Carrie, bummer on the airport delay, but understandable. Things were a little tighter here down town and on the metro, but we are used to it.
I thought of you when I saw the announcement re the gypsy linking. I don't have my carts in the CCR, but I do use it for cutting. I've not used it to design layouts.
Nancy, where are you these days? Hope everything is ok?
Lizzy, enjoy the next few days. It is another milestone in Sarah's life.

Well, my day is in plan b mode. We had a brief shower about 5am and so getting into the yard isn't happening. I guess I will work on some de-cluttering instead. Maybe I will tackle the bathrooms. Under the sinks would be a good start I am sure. I will be going for a walk and maybe a bike ride also.
Have a good day everyone.

I_M_BLEST Offline
#2199 Posted : Thursday, April 18, 2013 5:51:59 AM(UTC)
I_M_BLEST

Good morning.

Pat, we got a ton of rain too. It stormed thru dinner time. An alarm went off at church when there was a lightning strike. When I woke up at 4 it was still storming and the water was out of the creek, all the way to the base of our hill. Now there is sand and debrie all over the lawn.

I have hairapy this afternoon, forgot about that. Tomorrow I am doing a Stampin up card camp with Deb. Saturday is dress rehersal for the princess and preteen pagent. It's like running downhill.

What an exciting time for Lizzy!!

What is everyone else up to?
Tina E Offline
#2200 Posted : Thursday, April 18, 2013 6:04:20 AM(UTC)
Tina E

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 438 time(s) in 114 post(s)
Originally Posted by: I_M_BLEST Go to Quoted Post
Thanks Pat!

1. finish up the details left on the pink cards and package them up to give away.
2. Start getting the pictures off the old computer.
Since #2 will take forever, that's all for now.

The best way to do your #2...get an external hard time (can find really cheap-they are always on sale). Plug that baby into your computer, select all and tell them to go to your HD (mine is Iomega). That simplied the process by forever!

My list:

Get through 1 box (yes just one) that is still unopened after the remodel 2 years ago. Before you think oh my that lady is busy/lazy/etc. Know that it seems no matter what box I go through I find something that reminds me of my son, who died while serving in the USMC, 2 years ago. Yes I admit I am still weak and find it hard to manage to get through anything that is his/was his/picture of him, or any of those little things. The difficult part is deciding what to do with the things. Haven't managed to get to the point of donating. I know I will, but just not there yet. Some still have his smell on them and I am thankful.

If I can manage 1 box a week, I should be able to have them all opened and put away by the end of the year.

Feed/water dogs/cats. Do dishes, get clothes out of dryer. Get ready to pickup the rescue dog in AL and take to NC over the weekend.
Nancycs Offline
#2201 Posted : Thursday, April 18, 2013 10:25:56 AM(UTC)
Nancycs

Good afternoon. I just wanted to let you all know all is well with me.

I ended up getting strep last Sunday and it took a bit for me to get to 100%. Now I am trying to get things together to go scrapping on Saturday. I will be working on a couple of LO's I didn't finish last time and then it will be Riley's grad party and graduation. I am sure I won't get past that.

Lizzy (((HUGS))) to you!

I hope everyone is having a great week!
I_M_BLEST Offline
#2202 Posted : Thursday, April 18, 2013 6:12:08 PM(UTC)
I_M_BLEST

Where is everyone??
rm920 Offline
#2203 Posted : Friday, April 19, 2013 4:57:26 AM(UTC)
rm920

Good morning all from chilly Kansas. We have wind chills in the low 20's this morning Sad And we are not supposed to get near our normal average temp at least for the next week. Guess I am glad I haven't gotten the flower beds ready for planting.

Paula, the pics from the trip were beautiful. Glad you were able to help so many people. Have you caught up on everything at home?

Lizzy, I don't know if you are checking in - but hope everything goes smooth for everyone. Best wishes for the Bride and Groom. Did you get the gift bags put together?

Nancy, sorry about the strep. Glad you are on the mend. You have had a rough last several weeks. Have fun at your scrappping this weekend.

Pat, I see you are still on the decluttering path as well. Did you get your plans settled on your trip to CA?

Carrie, airport delays can be frustrating but I do understand why security needed to be stepped up a bit. We encountered that when we flew out to Switzerland in the weeks after 911. Glad the trip went well for you. Did you learn lots of new and exciting things?

I am ready for the weekend. This week has seemed so long. The kids are coming over tomorrow. Drew is going to finish the wall hanging she started for Payton's room.

Tomorrow morning is the annual Master Gardener's annual plant sale. I want to buy my bedding plants but have to decide where I can keep them until the ground dries a bit and hope it doesn't freeze again!
imnchghere Offline
#2204 Posted : Friday, April 19, 2013 7:20:19 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

good morning from dreary MD. We have rain moving towards us but not sure how much will break apart when it hits the mountains. We can use the rain.
Rhonda, I hope you are able to get some plants from the sale. You should be able to protect them with some kind of light covering. Our dogwoods have bloomed and that is supposed to be an indication of no more frost/freeze. I hope so, although I can't do much with the pending trip to CA.
Have a fun time tomorrow crafting with Drew and playing with Payton.
Paula, I know I am a busy person, but you are always on the go. Have fun at the stamp camp. I used to do them years ago, but I am not a stamper, so I never end up making more. I do need to make four Just Because cards and hoping I have a stamp that I can use. Otherwise, I am going to have to print it.
Nancy, sorry about the strep. That can take you down. Hope you are productive this weekend with your layouts. I am going to miss the next one day crop, because I might be out of town. I might treat myself to a 3 day the end of May.

Nothing is set yet for going to CA. It will all depend on what & when they can do any treatment for my Mom and when my sister thinks will be the most beneficial time for me to be there. There a LOT of ifs playing into things. Hope to have a better feel for timing this weekend. All I can do right now is be prepared to go.

Have a great day everyone..
QtnSasyCarrie Offline
#2205 Posted : Friday, April 19, 2013 11:16:37 AM(UTC)
QtnSasyCarrie

Hello. It went from 83* yesterday to 45* right now. Yuck! What is with this up and down weather?

I have been on go, go, go. The things I learned at the show are all being implemented at the office. It is going to be a long training period for the rest. Everyday I bring on a little more. I got a mammogram yesterday (reminder to make sure you all get yours) and I have a call back for next week. I hate this but I am sure it's just scar tissue from the surgery. Either way what can I do?

Pat hope you get your trip worked out soon so you can get a good price on tickets and everything works out for your mom.

Rhonda I sure hope your freezing is over too. I think you could get your plants and put them in a sunny window for a week or 2. We usually don't get flowers, etc. until mothers day.

Nancy have fun this weekend. i am sure you will find lots to work on.

Paula hope you are having a fun class. Are you running downhill or uphill?

Tina E Welcome! So sorry about your son.

Well I have to get back to work. I have to configure the iPad EMR app to work outside the office or on the cellular line. The iPad thing was bought at the show to be able to help speed things up for Doc but so far it only works at the office and not at the surgery center. Hope this is an easy fix. I would really like to get home early and connect the gypsy finally.
imnchghere Offline
#2206 Posted : Saturday, April 20, 2013 8:44:36 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

good Saturday morning.. sunshine, but it's windy and cool here.
Carrie, I hope the mammo results are as you suspect. And that you got the iPad app working.

We have a lot to do out in the yard today. Jim is putting up the side and net panels on the gazebo right now. After lunch we are going to work on A new garden box. Hopefully we can get it filled today from one of the others and then re-position the one we empty. We placed them too close to each other last year. Live and learn. Plan is to empty and move until we get all 4 set up. Plan is to also put down the weed/feed since it is not supposed to rain for the next 24hrs. I am also going to cut back all the spent daffodil blooms in the front island and pull any weeds out there. There aren't many since the bed is full of healthy plants, but I do see some dandelions have snuck in.
I know my allergies will give me a fit out there, but I as long as there are no *gnasty gnats* in my face, a benadryl will take care of the allergies.

This evening I am going to print some pictures for the society album. Tomorrow we are driving up to Gettysburg to do some find a grave photos and stop at the Scrapbook Store. They have a lot of specialty papers for G'burg and the Civil War that will work for my pages I think. Have not been to the store, but it is good size and very convenient. We will probably have lunch up there, then head home. Anyway, I want to take a couple of the pics from the meeting so I can match papers.

Rhonda, I hope you have a fun day, buying plants and spending time with Payton and the kids.

Hello to Tina. I saw that you posted on the CFS thread. That is a fun group and we look forward to having you join us there.

rm920 Offline
#2207 Posted : Saturday, April 20, 2013 9:00:49 AM(UTC)
rm920

Good morning...

Pat, you have a busy day planned. Hope you can get all the boxes moved. And then a drive to Gettsyburg. I was there in 1973 and would love to go back sometime. Hope you can find the paper you are looking for.

Tina, thanks for the tip on the external drive. I have one I have never learned to use. Maybe know I will get it back out and put it to use. I can understand how just unpacking a box can bring up so many memories. {{Hugs}}

Paula, did you learn lots of fun stuff at your SU class? Have fun at rehearsal today!

Carrie, were you able to figure out the iPad app that was giving you fits?

Nancy, hope you have a fun productive day today.

I did get out and get my new bedding plants this morning. I leave here in a bit to go pick up Amber. She will help me finish up lunch. Then the kids should arrive. I think the girls want to work in the craft room. Thats OK with me. I will babysit! Might have to put Cody to work on a few tasks for me as well!

Laurie what are you up to?

Lizzy, I'll bet things have been crazy for you. Hope things are going great. Can't wait to hear all about it.
rm920 Offline
#2208 Posted : Sunday, April 21, 2013 5:11:26 AM(UTC)
rm920

Good morning all....

Looks like everyone is having a busy weekend.

Yesterday was very good. Little Payton is growing so fast. Can't believe she is already 7 weeks old. Amber and I got lots of snuggle time with her. Drew and Amber did some crafting. Cody helped with a couple of things. So all in all it was a good day.

What is everyone else up to this weekend?

Pat did you and Jim get to enjoy the outdoors yesterday? Hope you were able to finish your list of projects! Are you headed to Gettysburg today?

I need to get busy and finish the 2 wedding cards I need for next weekend. I have the plan for them but need to get them made! I also want to get back to genealogy. I found some military records for a relative I want to research further.

Have a great day!
imnchghere Offline
#2209 Posted : Sunday, April 21, 2013 5:32:04 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

good morning.. another sunny but very chilly morning. Only 36*, but at least the wind has subsided.
Rhonda, what a super nice day you had yesterday. What kid of plants did you buy? We went to Lowe's and got bags of top soil for the boxes, but no plants other than 2 Boston Fern for the front porch. I need to have time to plant them. When I got home, I realized I should have at least bought some marigolds for around the veggie garden. Since I'm still not sure when I will be heading to CA, I am kind of in limbo. We did get a lot done in the yard. Jim put down the weed/feed and I cleaned out the front island as well as the side yard. I put the cages around the peonies also. Jim got the new box assembled along with a new bench for under one of the trees. The old one had wood slats which had rotted. I think we might p/u another one of the metal ones as we have 2 more wooden benches on their last season.

I printed my pictures last night to take to G'burg. While they were printing I talked to my Mom. She is "doing a little better each day", but was waiting for her pain pill, so she was a little edgy. She was also concerned about the minutes on the prepaid phone my sister had gotten her. Evidently incoming calls are deducted from them. I had no clue, but I will sure keep that in mind. Evidently "lots of people" had called her to see how she was doing.

Rhonda, I see you just posted. I too, have some cards to make. I need a few Just Because and I don't have a plan for them. Today I am hoping to get one the blending water tools to use with the SU crayons I bought. Maybe I can get them made tonight.

Tie for me to make sure I have everything I need to take to G'burg. Hope everyone has a beautiful Sunday.

rm920 Offline
#2210 Posted : Sunday, April 21, 2013 11:53:30 AM(UTC)
rm920

Hello again...

I have finished laundry, cleaned out the flower pots on the patio and finished the two cards I need to next weekend. Now I am off to search through military records.

Hope everyone is having a great day.

Here are the cards I made - different that what I imagined - had to make do with supplies I had on hand.
rm920 attached the following image(s):
100_0544.JPG
Flee57 Offline
#2211 Posted : Sunday, April 21, 2013 1:13:48 PM(UTC)
Flee57

good afternoon Friends!

Rhonda, the cards are beautiful!
us
everyone is pretty busy this weekend. I've been up to my eyeballs in things to do. I have the rest of the day and tomorrow to finish up on what I have to do before my contractor guy comes in and starts working. They are going to start on replacing the back door and the shed door. He says there won't be any problem with getting the house ready for the 2nd. I have a lot to do tomorrow. Taking Sadie to the Vet. She isn't acting right and she seems like she's in a lot of pain. She'll get up on the bed but she cries because she's afraid to jump down. There was a little bit of blood on the rug she sometimes sleeps on the bathroom floor. I'm beginning to think she might have a UTI. I would think that would cause a bit of bleeding. Anyway, I'm worried. She's not been sleeping and she just won't settle down anywhere. I'm wondering if it's all the changes. I just hope it isn't anything serious.

Well gotta get back to work. I think Lizzy is driving home tomorrow and she said she'd probably call me while she's driving in the middle of nowhere. Can't wait to hear allabout the wedding.

Later!
imnchghere Offline
#2212 Posted : Monday, April 22, 2013 7:32:34 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

good morning friends.
Rhonda, I love the cards you did. Simple, but very creative. I might have to tuck that idea away for future use.
Laurie, I hope all is well with Sadie and the vet can get her fixed right up. Glad also, it is looking good to put the house on the market for the 2nd. I don't think we could get our house on the market by May 2014. Not that it is falling apart, but so much to do to bring it up to speed to sell.
Lizzy, looking forward to hearing about the wedding. Not sure when school starts again, but I hope work done while you were in LV went well and you are getting closer to being ready to put your house on the market.

We had a busy weekend and while we got a lot done in the yard, there is still much to do. If the weather would just warm up a little more.
We went to Gettysburg and got a few more pictures, but the best was the scrapbook store. OMG.. it was awesome when it comes to pattern papers. It is a 2 story row house and each room is themed. I wasn't interested in plain cs, so not sure how much of that they had. They also sell their own line of laser cut titles and 12x12 papers that are made from photographs. The ones for Gettysburg were great. They have limited general use scrapbook supplies which makes sense, because people are going to buy those things at M's, J's and chains with coupons. They had whole wall of Graphic 45 papers and others that I only see on-line. LOVE, that they are only 45 mins away. Just need to remember change for the parking meter.

Still no plan for CA. Waiting on the results of the xray of the lower back fracture, which should be Wed. Then they will try a steroid injection for the hip pain. If that works, the trip will be whenever I want to go. If the injection doesn't work, then hip replacement will be scheduled and I will have to go out for that. Lots of if's.

Hope everyone has a good day.

QtnSasyCarrie Offline
#2213 Posted : Monday, April 22, 2013 11:59:38 AM(UTC)
QtnSasyCarrie

HAPPY EARTH DAY!

Rhonda and Pat sounds like you are celebration earth day with the plants and flowers and garden talk.

Pat i would love to see that store. Sounds like a good one. I have never been to Gettysburg so that would be fun too. Hope your mom's results come back good. Hip surgery at any age is hard but at her age it will be harder. <<HUGS>> for you and for mom.

Rhonda the cards are pretty. Are the weddings this weekend already? Sounds like you had a very productive weekend.

Laurie poor Sadie. She definitely sounds like she is hurting. I sure hope it's a simple fix. Did you check her for any wounds?

Lizzy how was the wedding? I miss your house updates.

Paula where are you?

Well I have on the news and they are saying that arrests have been made with direct correlation to the Boston bombings and that NYC was a prime target. Yikes I am so glad I am out of there. I am designing ads, emails and web pages for the office today. Will also be taking over the social media as the people we hired are awful at it. Poor Jim who has no idea how Twitter works let alone Facebook, has accounts for the business for both. I took a look at his Twitter account and asked him why he is following several thousand foreigners and does he know what they are even tweeting? I thought the poor guy was going to faint. So he asked me to take it over.

I_M_BLEST Offline
#2214 Posted : Monday, April 22, 2013 8:06:53 PM(UTC)
I_M_BLEST

Hello

I am still around. Just been busy, busy. All day practice Sat., then church. Sunday Tay had a concert and today, Mon. house.
Tomorrow I am doing both my Tue. houses. Monster house has gotten off schedule and it works best for her to do it this week. So...Serina's mom is going to clean with me so we can do both tomorrow. Ugh! If we survive, we will do it again in two weeks. Tay is back to work so I don't have him helping anymore.
Oh, I have sorted through 2009 and 2010 pics on the computer and ordered over 200. I also sorted through 2008 pics that I ordered awhile back and put them in order. I have a lot of scrapping to do!!

Carrie, that twitter stuff is greek to me. It's nice that you can help out with it.

Rhonda, your cards are really nice. It sounds like you had a good weekend.

Lizzy, are you catching up on your rest or did you jump right back in working on the house?

Laurie, how is Sadie?

Pat, glad you did well at the scrapbook store. Sorry about your mom's situation. How long do they have to wait to know if the shot works?

Off to bed...
lizzyea Offline
#2215 Posted : Monday, April 22, 2013 9:31:18 PM(UTC)
lizzyea

Hi friends and a welcome to Tina,

As you probably know from seeing my post on FB, the wedding was fabulous! Almost everything went off without a hitch...better than without a hitch. There was one BIG hitch - I'll get to that later, though. Sarah was beautiful, Yash was handsome, the bridesmaids were lovely, all the guests were happy, the reception was great, everyone had a fun time. Being with the family was perfect! Our next reunion will be right after Christmas of 2014 so we already have that date and can plan far ahead for it!

The MGM Grand was a great venue. Their wedding chapel and personnel were perfect and the pastor who presided was fabulous. He emphasized the commitment factor - commitment through the good times and the bad; the concept of unconditional love; and the fact that there will be good times and bad and that real love will survive those times. I loved those words and think that young couples need to hear, really HEAR, those words.

Sarah's dress was a huge hit. Everyone thought it was fabulous! She looked great. Her makeup and hair was beautiful. Terry made the first toast at the reception and it was wonderful. I wish I had a recording of it! Kat made a toast and so did my BIL. The food at Emeril's was to die for...and it was way too much! The service was fabulous, too. Sarah had ordered a cake from a bakery and it was great! The frosting wasn't that sicky sweet stuff and the cake was very moist. The stuff between the layers was some kind of mild chocolate. Overall, it was a 5-star wedding!

The big hitch was that at the last minute Yash's family was unable to make it because their flight was canceled too late for them to reschedule any other flights. It was incredibly sad and unfortunate and very disappointing, especially for the little girl who was supposed to be the flower girl. However, we managed to move on and have a good time despite this disappointment.

Now, I'm back home. Today, I was exhausted and managed only to pack one box, get the dog, and sleep all afternoon. I think I'm a wee bit blue but I'm allowing myself to be blue and sleep and tomorrow, I will hope to feel less that way.

Terry left from Vegas for a trip to Chicago and will be home on Wednesday. The interior painter is here today and will be for the next two weeks painting. The flooring guy came today to measure. Tomorrow, I hope I can get more done. This lack of motivation is not very good. I return to work on Thursday, so my time to get much done is running out. Oh well....I'll get it done!

I'm glad to hear you are all doing well...sorry I'm not going to do a good job of individual comments. I know Nancy had strep; Carrie is back from NYC; Pat is decluttering and planning a trip to Chicago; Laurie is frantically getting her house ready for the market; Paula is home from Kentucky and working on two monster houses tomorrow with Serina's mom as well as sorting and ordering pictures; and Rhonda is bonding with the new baby and enjoying every single second of it! We hopefully have a new friend, Tina, who will return.

Upon that note, I am going to return to my Mad Men marathon.

rm920 Offline
#2216 Posted : Tuesday, April 23, 2013 4:25:55 AM(UTC)
rm920

Good morning....

Lizzy, so glad to hear the wedding was fabulous. I feel so bad for Yash's family. How sad for them to have to miss the wedding. Was the wedding taped so at least they can watch it later? Things are really progressing in your house. It will be so nice and new you won't want to leave! I didn't realize you had to return to work so soon. You deserve a rest.

Paula, glad you checked in. Lots going on up there for you. How was the concert on Sunday? Hope you and Serina's mom can survive both your Tuesday houses. Yes, you need to get busy with all of those picture. I need to get back to layouts as well. I am so far behind, I will never catch up.

Carrie, glad you are there to help DH navigate the social networks. I do have facebook, but do not understand twitter etc.

Laurie, how is Sadie doing?

Pat, the scrapbook store in Gburg sounds awesome. I would love to spend some time in a store like that. As it is I have to travel to Topeka for a decent scrapbook store.

Nancy, how are you doing these days. Hope you have recovered from the strep.

Well Mother Nature is throwing another curve at us. We will have a mix of rain, sleet and snow today with a freeze warning tonight! Come on Mother Nature - it is late April! Glad I kept my new plants inside.
imnchghere Offline
#2217 Posted : Tuesday, April 23, 2013 7:07:49 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

good morning... Lizzy, I am so glad to here that the wedding and everything else was perfectly fabulous. Sad that Yash's family had to miss it, but those things happen. I could read your excitement in your post.
I had a feeling you would be returning to work soon, but didn't realize it was this week. You have made great accomplishments this break, all things considered.
Carrie, I almost spewed tea all over the laptop at your comment about Jim & twitter. I have had a twitter account for a long time. I don't use it much though and just have a few friends I follow on it.
Paula, you sure are one busy person with all the houses. I can barely clean my own. That is a lot of pictures you got printed. and LOTS of scrapbooking in your future.
I might know something about Mom tomorrow evening when I talk to my sister. If they are able to do the steroid injection and it works, she should have quick relief and be able to come home in a day or so ( I think).
Rhonda, I hope your current weather doesn't move our way. It is supposed to be a little warmer this week and getting well into the 60's, maybe near 70. I want to be able to get back to the yard and work more on weeds and general clean up.

Time for me to get on the road. I will be back later.

lizzyea Offline
#2218 Posted : Tuesday, April 23, 2013 10:24:17 AM(UTC)
lizzyea

Good morning, friends!

Well, I'm up and waiting for the Terminix inspector. I don't know where my painter is....he's usually here by 8:00, but I know he will be here. He may have had to stop off somewhere to get some supplies.

After my Rip van Winkle act yesterday, I am going to have to really hit it hard today.

Pat, I hope the steroid shot works for your mom. I know those can be really great and very effective.

I don't envy you, Rhonda, with the winter weather. Thankfully, your plants are still indoors. I'm glad you don't have any spring plantings to get harmed! Hopefully, this will be your last blast.

Paula, how did your house cleaning go today? With all of your scrapping to be done, perhaps we need to plan a long scrapping weekend? I'd sure like one after I retire!

Carrie, what's going on with you?

It's after 10:00 and I'm still waiting for the Terminix inspector. Grrrrr..... I'm going to get this posted and start working. I'm sure as soon as I get into something, he'll show up.

I'll be back later.
Flee57 Offline
#2219 Posted : Tuesday, April 23, 2013 12:40:45 PM(UTC)
Flee57

I forgot to come in yesterday to let you all know that Sadie is ok. She does have a UTI so got antibiotic for that. Her hip displasia and arthritis is bothering her. He said her right leg has lots of muscle mass but her left doesn't so she is babying her left. The bleeding could be from the UTI. She got tested for heart worm and came back negative. She got some shots and her 3 year rabies which was due in June. Said her heart sounded good. I'm relieved.

My contractor guy is here today. Sadie has been great so I didn't take her out and drive around with her all day. He put in a new back door, a new shed door, prepped all the rooms for painting, said my trash company would take the junk i want hauled away (Got Junk is coming Sat for min of $100...now I get to cancel). Now they are putting my new faucets in. Busy day!

Later!
Flee57 Offline
#2220 Posted : Tuesday, April 23, 2013 12:53:49 PM(UTC)
Flee57

Ok, so my contractor took out all my junk by the road and he even took out the 10 bags we had to take out tonight. I must have had good junk. There are 5 cars out there going through it LOL