Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

Crafty Doodlebug Offline
#1 Posted : Wednesday, April 17, 2013 8:11:25 PM(UTC)
Crafty Doodlebug

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
So, I received an email late last night - letting me know that Gypsey linking had finally arrived. It was too late last night to work on it, so, as soon as i got home tonight - I re-read the email - followed the directions - and everything is working - all of my cartridges that were linnked to my Gypsey - are in my CCR. Thank you ProvoCraft for fixing this!!!!! Wonderful!!!!!Love Love Love
 1 user thanked Crafty Doodlebug for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 4/17/2013(UTC)
melodylanedesigns Offline
#2 Posted : Wednesday, April 17, 2013 9:20:48 PM(UTC)
melodylanedesigns

Was thanked: 1948 time(s) in 960 post(s)
I made a video. I saw an update in CCR and turned my camera on just in case it was good news. I was too excited and you can tell by my reaction.
inky-smudges Offline
#3 Posted : Thursday, April 18, 2013 4:50:51 PM(UTC)
inky-smudges

Mine worked!! I waited until I actually had time (and brain power) to devote to this. All is well in the Gypsy/CCR world!! I am SO EXCITED with this update. All I have left for Cricut machines are the Mini and the baby personal one. The mini was a Christmas present and seems to be pretty good friends with my Silhouette Cameo. (No fighting anyhow that I am aware of.) I'm looking forward to trying out the Mini now. It's just been sitting there kind of looking lonely. :)
theprocdb3be7f8 Offline
#4 Posted : Thursday, April 18, 2013 5:26:36 PM(UTC)
theprocdb3be7f8

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
The sync part went less than smoothly (the update froze my screen on the G and I had to just let it die from lack of battery power). When I revived my g it was able to link to CCR. All my carts are there. I designed a page with carts I own (Gypsy font and Disney Pooh) in CCR, went to cut and keep getting a message when I save in CCR that some features may not be supported on the G. When I import to the G, the cutting file is there but it is filled with lines (kiss of death). Of course, when I hook it up to Expression and try to cut the mat goes blank and it says cutting is finished with no cutting. I have the current version. Ugh! Anyone actually successfully cutting after the update?
LeslieMcGrath Offline
#5 Posted : Thursday, April 18, 2013 5:39:28 PM(UTC)
LeslieMcGrath

I too received that email regarding being able to link my gypsy to my CCR. BUT,,,, I have also heard that when doing so, you will lose all the free carts we got in an update a few years back. I think that there were 6 of them, which I love them and would hate to lose them. But, I don't want to lose my $20 credit!! What is a gypsy girl to do?!?!Blushing Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!
Lady Bug S Offline
#6 Posted : Thursday, April 18, 2013 6:29:38 PM(UTC)
Lady Bug S

United States

Was thanked: 81 time(s) in 78 post(s)
Originally Posted by: melodylanedesigns Go to Quoted Post
I made a video. I saw an update in CCR and turned my camera on just in case it was good news. I was too excited and you can tell by my reaction.

TFS the video.
CricutGena Offline
#7 Posted : Thursday, April 18, 2013 7:18:12 PM(UTC)
CricutGena

Was thanked: 998 time(s) in 320 post(s)
Originally Posted by: LeslieMcGrath Go to Quoted Post
I too received that email regarding being able to link my gypsy to my CCR. BUT,,,, I have also heard that when doing so, you will lose all the free carts we got in an update a few years back. I think that there were 6 of them, which I love them and would hate to lose them. But, I don't want to lose my $20 credit!! What is a gypsy girl to do?!?!Blushing Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

Hello, I just wanted to let you know that you do not loss any images that you own by linking your Gypsy to Craft Room.

-Cricut Gena

Edited by user Thursday, April 18, 2013 7:19:16 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

LindaStarks Offline
#8 Posted : Thursday, April 18, 2013 9:09:52 PM(UTC)
LindaStarks

Was thanked: 42 time(s) in 37 post(s)
Gena, are you saying that we wont loose our free carts , and if so what do we do I would be really upset so I an just waiting and doing nothing
CricketCMV Offline
#9 Posted : Thursday, April 18, 2013 9:49:52 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Was thanked: 8174 time(s) in 4793 post(s)
I think CricutGena is saying if you do lose them.....you can call PC and they'll help you get them back! Right, CGena!!?

Char
Tina E Offline
#10 Posted : Thursday, April 18, 2013 10:18:26 PM(UTC)
Tina E

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 438 time(s) in 114 post(s)
Besides my G/CCR not being "uplinked" I have had some issues cutting from my G.

Before the update, I had not problems when cutting. Now, It continues to tell me to check the "Blade Depth", no matter which setting I have it on". I click ok and it acts like it is going to cut and then STOPS. I have to tell it again to cut. Sooo, I am having to tell it to cut for each page I load 2 times. It is very problematic when you are cutting several sheets.
Crafty Doodlebug Offline
#11 Posted : Friday, April 19, 2013 5:19:00 AM(UTC)
Crafty Doodlebug

Originally Posted by: melodylanedesigns Go to Quoted Post

Thanks for sharing - too funny.
Crafty Doodlebug Offline
#12 Posted : Friday, April 19, 2013 5:20:02 AM(UTC)
Crafty Doodlebug

I did not loose any of mine -
MayCheung Offline
#13 Posted : Friday, April 19, 2013 5:08:36 PM(UTC)
MayCheung

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered

what $20 credit are you referring to?
ChristineSmith4 Offline
#14 Posted : Saturday, April 20, 2013 9:55:25 AM(UTC)
ChristineSmith4

Was thanked: 42 time(s) in 12 post(s)
I was not able to link, Black Letter and Smiley Cards which are the free cartridges for my Gypsy, but I own Tag, Bags,Boes and More and it is not linked to my Craft Room. I have tried 3 times. When I do, the disappear from the Gyspy, but when I update with Cricut Sync, they are back on the Gypsy just not CCR. I really love these carts and use them with the Gypsy. What should I do now?
Yodlo Offline
#15 Posted : Saturday, April 20, 2013 3:15:17 PM(UTC)
Yodlo

Can anyone tell me how long the Gypsy CCR linking process takes? Mine is in progress and has been going on about 15minutes.

CarolynLane Offline
#16 Posted : Monday, April 22, 2013 11:03:14 AM(UTC)
CarolynLane

I uplinked my gypsy to craftroom - it was seamless - all my free cartridges came over just fine! Love it. I spent the weekend using my cricut with just my laptop, no gypsy and no cartridges! Yahoo - thank you!!

The entire process took less than 15 minutes - my gypsy was recently updated
Sherri Kay Offline
#17 Posted : Monday, April 22, 2013 2:17:05 PM(UTC)
Sherri Kay

United States

Was thanked: 2413 time(s) in 2165 post(s)
Originally Posted by: ChristineSmith4 Go to Quoted Post
I was not able to link, Black Letter and Smiley Cards which are the free cartridges for my Gypsy, but I own Tag, Bags,Boes and More and it is not linked to my Craft Room. I have tried 3 times. When I do, the disappear from the Gyspy, but when I update with Cricut Sync, they are back on the Gypsy just not CCR. I really love these carts and use them with the Gypsy. What should I do now?

Christine, give PC a call and they will tell you what, if anything, you need to do. I know there are some things they are aware of that they said they are fixing. You'll never know unless you give them a call. Smile
cactipuddin Offline
#18 Posted : Thursday, May 09, 2013 3:09:07 AM(UTC)
cactipuddin

I never received an E-mail. Maybe they havn't got to everyone yet?
MThorfinns Offline
#19 Posted : Sunday, May 12, 2013 5:05:02 PM(UTC)
MThorfinns

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I didn't get an email either. I just opened up CCR and looked to see if anything was new. Update your Gypsy using Gypsy Sync. Then open CCR. It will ask if you want to install the CCR update. Go ahead. When CCR opens after the update installs, connect your G, click on "options" at the top left of CCR and then click Link Gypsy. I didn't have any trouble at all and didn't lose any cartridges, including the free ones that G owners were offered a while back.
 1 user thanked MThorfinns for this useful post.
cactipuddin on 5/19/2013(UTC)