Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
LisaW. Online
#1 Posted : Tuesday, April 16, 2013 10:09:18 PM(UTC)
LisaW.

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 146 time(s) in 102 post(s)
Hello ladies...finally getting the courage to host:) I hope you like the sketches I have chosen for this week. Excited to see what is going to be shared.

Extra credit: I sure have been filling up my scrap boxes lately so the extra credit is to use some scraps.

Edited by user Friday, April 19, 2013 7:42:39 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users thanked LisaW. for this useful post.
cstanzione on 4/17/2013(UTC), DeeScraps on 4/18/2013(UTC)
LisaW. Online
#2 Posted : Tuesday, April 16, 2013 10:23:50 PM(UTC)
LisaW.

United States

My samples

Sketch #1...My Mother's Day Card

Cartridge: Stretch your Imagination for the oval

Cuttlebug: Squares

Sketch #2...stretching this one a little bit but my cousin's theme for her wedding is double hearts. Her wedding colors are red and black with a little white (her second marriage so she is wearing a red dress). She is going with a western theme so went to my scrap box for the pattern paper.

Cartridge: George for the hearts cut at 2".

Stamp: CTMH

Sketch #3...Same cousin that is getting married in a few weeks...her oldest son is graduating (school colors green/gold). Again went to my scrap box for the patterned paper and the gold/green paper. Went to all my local scrapbook stores and none of them had any graduation embellishments (they said they don't get them in until closer to graduation...hello graduations are starting in a few weeks). Was going to go with bottlecaps but the ones I found and bought were too big. Finished it off with the diploma instead.

Cartridge: Locker Talk for the graduation cap
Wild Card for the diploma with green ribbon around it.

Ribbon: Walmart

MS punch

TurtleBug Offline
#3 Posted : Tuesday, April 16, 2013 10:56:46 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Was thanked: 936 time(s) in 602 post(s)
Lisa,
Thanks so much for Hosting this week, the sketches are great, except #1 is hard to see. I clicked on it and it sent me to your Photobucket and it is still too small, I will use your sample instead to follow the sketch...no biggie!ThumpUp

When I first saw #3 I thought to myself "Oh! Oh!... what can I do with this sketch", but when I saw the sample you gave us, I got all kinds of ideas in my head for my card...THANKS!

The Extra Credit is one we can all relate to and all three sketches are perfect for us to use our scraps on.

As soon as Dee puts up the Ad Color Challenge for this week I will get going on these sketches.

You did awesome with your first ever Hosting Week!Cool

Edited by user Tuesday, April 16, 2013 11:05:48 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

DeeScraps Offline
#4 Posted : Wednesday, April 17, 2013 6:10:44 AM(UTC)
DeeScraps

Was thanked: 715 time(s) in 546 post(s)
Hello everyone. Here are this week's colors. As always, doing a card with the "Ad Colors" is optional.

Dee

[img=http://][/img]
 1 user thanked DeeScraps for this useful post.
cstanzione on 4/17/2013(UTC)
britishgirl Offline
#5 Posted : Wednesday, April 17, 2013 9:44:31 AM(UTC)
britishgirl

Was thanked: 238 time(s) in 143 post(s)
thank you for the new sketches really really hope i can at least get one done just have not felt like doing anything crafty lately still getting over being sick
TurtleBug Offline
#6 Posted : Wednesday, April 17, 2013 2:20:25 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

LisaW.
#1 - Great Mom card, like the oblong shape to it.. Pink/Brown color combo is one of my favorites. Like the mix of paper patterns, too.
#2 - Very nice, perfect for her wedding theme. LOVE how the hearts resemble a Tux and a Wedding dress, so cute! The red western paper pattern really defines the theme. The happy couple will love it!
#3 - Love this card, you did an awesome job interpeting the sketch. Like the Graduation ribbon and how well you co-ordinated the card's theme.

Dee,
Thanks for this weeks' Ad Colors. They are a very different color combo from what we have had before. I really like them, now to go through my stash and put them all into a card!Smile

My DGDs First Holy Communion card I posted about on BingoLady's Challenge is finally finished and will share it next.

Edited by user Wednesday, April 17, 2013 2:21:31 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked TurtleBug for this useful post.
DeeScraps on 4/18/2013(UTC)
BingoLady Offline
#7 Posted : Wednesday, April 17, 2013 2:27:46 PM(UTC)
BingoLady

Was thanked: 953 time(s) in 641 post(s)
Lisa thankyou so much for hosting.Nice shetches and your cards came great.

Dee thankyou for the nice colors, I know twwo of these colors I don't have,
so I guess I have to make a trip to Micheals.BigGrin
 1 user thanked BingoLady for this useful post.
TurtleBug Offline
#8 Posted : Wednesday, April 17, 2013 2:44:04 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Hi Ladies!
Wanted to share my dear Granddaughter's First Holy Communion card I made for her for this Saturday. Her favorite color is purple...I think I over did it!!LOLLOL

I used a real metal Cross and covered over the Roseary beads with white Enamel Accents. No Cricut, but lots of Cuttlebug and a Spellbinder cut. I found the image on the Internet.
TFL!!Smile

Edited by user Wednesday, April 17, 2013 2:53:43 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

TurtleBug attached the following image(s):
CommunionCard2013 001.JPG
 1 user thanked TurtleBug for this useful post.
*NanaDonna* Offline
#9 Posted : Wednesday, April 17, 2013 5:21:31 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Was thanked: 2591 time(s) in 1353 post(s)
Lisa, thanks for hosting. Love the sketches they have a lot of potential to use up some scraps.Smile something I am sure we all need to do.

Dee - thanks for the awesome colors I hope to get them into a card this week.

Lisa - WOW love all of your cards #1 pretty pretty great choice of paper combination. Reminds me I have to make a Mother's Day card. #2 awesome I love it!. the "dressed up" hearts is a fantastic idea. I just may have to scraplift that one.Wub #3 great graduation card perfect paper and love the cap.

Turtlebug - very very nice card for your granddaughter Holy Communion. Love the different purples. Great image and I love the way you placed that cross at the end of the beads. I remember that crossWink
 1 user thanked *NanaDonna* for this useful post.
Gisele Offline
#10 Posted : Wednesday, April 17, 2013 5:33:18 PM(UTC)
Gisele

Was thanked: 549 time(s) in 339 post(s)
Lisa – Thanks so much for hosting! Great sketches and love the extra credit of using our scraps! Beautiful Mother’s Day card – like the combination of brown and pink and works well for the ad colours! Wow! Great wedding card in the bride’s theme – love how you embellished the hearts as his ‘n hers! Wonderful grad card – great papers and wonderful personal touches with the cap and diploma!

Dee – thanks for the ad colours!

Turtlebug – love your first communion card! Lots of nice personal touches with the embellished cross, pearls, dainty lace and using her favourite colours. Very tasteful with the purple – looks perfect!
 1 user thanked Gisele for this useful post.
BingoLady Offline
#11 Posted : Thursday, April 18, 2013 11:12:14 AM(UTC)
BingoLady

hello ladies where are you.BigGrin here is my # 1 sketch
BingoLady attached the following image(s):
# 1 sketch 069.jpg
 1 user thanked BingoLady for this useful post.
DeeScraps Offline
#12 Posted : Thursday, April 18, 2013 6:27:34 PM(UTC)
DeeScraps

Was thanked: 715 time(s) in 546 post(s)
Lisa W.....Thanks so much for hosting this week and for the wonderful sketches. I never thought about how hard it would be to pick the sketches and then make sure they are the right size. You did good.

#1. Very pretty Mother's Day Card. I liked the colors you used and how you combines the prints. You came close to almost all the Ad Colors for this week without even trying!

#2. What a really cute and unique wedding card! It's perfect for a Western Wedding. I especially like what you did with the hearts. Very clever.

#3. Wonderful Graduation Card. The paper you used works great and I like the ribbon you used and tiny diploma. So nice. The MS punch works well with the card.

Turtlebug....Very, very pretty Communion Card for your GD. The colors and everything you used work well together. It will be even more special to her because you used her favorite colors!

Bingolady....What a nice and cheery Get Well card. I love the colors you used and, of course, the embossing. The ribbon is perfect for the card and really "pops." It's so nice to have extra get well cards. I never have any done when I need them.

I hope to work on some cards this weekend.

Dee

1 user thanked DeeScraps for this useful post.
TurtleBug on 4/18/2013(UTC)
cstanzione Offline
#13 Posted : Thursday, April 18, 2013 10:32:34 PM(UTC)
cstanzione

United States

Was thanked: 282 time(s) in 185 post(s)
what hapened to the sketches there gone says they were deleted
TurtleBug Offline
#14 Posted : Thursday, April 18, 2013 11:58:40 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Originally Posted by: cstanzione Go to Quoted Post
what hapened to the sketches there gone says they were deleted

Hi Cindy,
I think Lisa is trying to repost her sketches because #1 posted too small. I am sure she will have them up again soon. If it helps you, in the mean time you can go by the card samples she posted for us.
Hope this helps answer your questionSmile
*NanaDonna* Offline
#15 Posted : Friday, April 19, 2013 3:13:35 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

First I want to say God Bless everyone in Boston and the USA!

I did finish my sketch #1. Extra Credit I used the scraps of the flowered paper.
I set out to make this into my Mom's Mothers Day card then it dawned on my and I went back
and looked, the flower paper is the scraps left over from when I made her birthday card last year.OhMyGod Can you tell her favorite color is purple Tongue
So with that said I turned it into a birthday card.
The scalloped oval was cut using Craft Room Basics in Craft Room. TFL

Joyful Carol Offline
#16 Posted : Saturday, April 20, 2013 8:56:28 AM(UTC)
Joyful Carol

Was thanked: 661 time(s) in 306 post(s)
Sketch #2 I used Victorian Romance for the Victorian couple kiss silhouette. I cut them at 3". I used an embossing folder for the circle frame. I used markers for coloring in the flower and leaves and then used a Q-tip and two different colors of green ink for the vines and circle. I just used the old fussy cut method to cut around it. I embossed the red cardstock. The only piece of red cardstock that matched my flower was not large enough for my card.Blushing I improvised by cutting the piece and separating it with white card stock.Sneaky WOW!ThumpUp I could not believe the result after I ran the black ribbon through the middle of the white!Love I matted the red and white piece with a piece of black cardstock. I added some clear glitter glue on the red flower and dark green leaves to give them a little sparkle and added the three clear gems on the ribbon. I am going to use this an anniversary card for some dear friends. I tried some new and innovative things, and I am very pleased with the result.Smile
Joyful Carol attached the following image(s):
Victorian Kiss.jpg
*NanaDonna* Offline
#17 Posted : Saturday, April 20, 2013 10:27:27 AM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Happy Saturday everyone. Boy it sure has been quiet around here.

Bingolady - lovely card, I love the colored paper and pattern. The ribbon matches perfectly

Carol - So pretty love love all the sparkle. Great way to use up those scraps and adding that ribbon. So far to try new things.

I hope all is well with Lisa our hostess. We haven't heard from her since she posted the sketches.
TurtleBug Offline
#18 Posted : Saturday, April 20, 2013 2:07:39 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Originally Posted by: *NanaDonna* Go to Quoted Post
Happy Saturday everyone. Boy it sure has been quiet around here.
I hope all is well with Lisa our hostess. We haven't heard from her since she posted the sketches.[/b]

NanaDonna,
I'm still here!!
I've had a very busy Friday and Saturday...Went to the Dentist and later we went out to dinner with NanaDonna, BingoLady and Hubbys and then headed over to NanaDonna's house to play Poker. Today went to church for my DGD's (she looked SOOOO pretty!!) First Holy Communion and small reception afterwards, came home for a about two hours and now getting ready to head out to the park for my DGS's Little League game...then going to dinner to celebrate my DGDs special day! WHEW!!

And......How's everyone's week-end going?! Hope not as hectic as mine!LOL

I have my #2 sketch card half way done and hoping to post it later tonight.

LisaW. Online
#19 Posted : Saturday, April 20, 2013 3:09:49 PM(UTC)
LisaW.

United States

I am here...just been a little crazy.

I got up to work at 4:45 this morning for 4 hours, went to look at a house at 9:30 a.m. (yucky housse), grocery shopping out of the way, short little snooze, card made, and now going for a walk to the library and hopefully back to work on the other card from last week and catch up here with the wonderful cards posted so far. Somewhere I gotta make beds too as I had my kids strip their beds this morning, lol.

This is from last week's challenge...but need an opinion. I have teacher appreciation in a couple weeks. My daughter's teacher is male so of course that was my first challenge. I wanted it to be kind of mature as he is sending off these kids to middle school. I used the ad colors. Do you think it would be an okay card? My sticker doesn't fit with the colors but does say "best teacher ever," which is my daughter's opinion. He has been a really fun teacher for the kids and sure has made it a great year for them.

Cartridge: A child's year
George (rectangle)

LisaW. Online
#20 Posted : Saturday, April 20, 2013 6:40:44 PM(UTC)
LisaW.

United States

I didn't like the sticker so I stamped it...the only stamp I had.

I think it is a little better now.

LisaW. Online
#21 Posted : Saturday, April 20, 2013 7:09:17 PM(UTC)
LisaW.

United States

Evening ladies

Hope everybody is having a good weekend so far.

We actually had very nice weather today so DH and I went for a very long walk. I was dragging my feet on the way back.

Learned a few things when hosting. I was trying to free up some space in my photobucket acct. Didn't realize deleting my sketches would delete them from this post.

Dee: Wonderful ad colors this week...planned on doing another card with the ad colors but since my mother's day card had the colors I will work on last week's sketches.

TurtleBug: Beautiful card for your granddaugher...I like how you did the lace with the purple.

BingoLady: Love your color choice for your get well card...pretty.

NanaDonna: Beautiful sketch #1 in the purple/turqoise...is the paper CTMH?

Joyful: Georgeous card for sketch #2 and wow you had lots of techniques going on there...would never have guessed on the red. I will remember to try that when I am short on paper instead of just scrapping it:)

Hope to see some more wonderful sketches. Supposed to have game night but daughter's friends came over so I am going to go get some beds made and then come back and figure out what to do for another card.

Lisa

Edited by user Saturday, April 20, 2013 7:10:07 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

BingoLady Offline
#22 Posted : Sunday, April 21, 2013 11:46:25 AM(UTC)
BingoLady

Hello ladies

Donna , very pretty Mother Day card for your Mom, I like the flower paper.

Carol, awesome card, love the circle , and the silhoutte makes it even
more beautiful.

Lisa, again I thank you for hosting, The teacher will love it. I like
the silhoutte of the little boy you added.

BingoLady Offline
#23 Posted : Sunday, April 21, 2013 11:49:22 AM(UTC)
BingoLady

my # 2 sketch I used the ad colors, it is simply, my brain wasn't
working to good. I was sick all night, some kind of stomach bug.
BingoLady attached the following image(s):
# 2 sketch 060.jpg
Joyful Carol Offline
#24 Posted : Sunday, April 21, 2013 3:02:56 PM(UTC)
Joyful Carol

Was thanked: 661 time(s) in 306 post(s)
Sketch #1
Finished with this sketch and realized-NO cricut!Blushing I suppose I could have used the cricut for the rectangles and scalloped circle, but it just seemed easier not to do that. Anyway, I liked the sketch and here is my attempt to do it justice. I did kind of use the colors- do I get credit for that? LOL LOL
Joyful Carol attached the following image(s):
celebrate in pink and brown.jpg
*NanaDonna* Offline
#25 Posted : Sunday, April 21, 2013 3:46:32 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

I finished my sketch #2 yesterday but didn't get to take the pictures.
Met my daughter and her hubby for breakfast today she lives 100 miles away so we met in the middle.
Sketch #2 for my Mom for Mother's Day
Cut circle with Craft Room basics
Paper from K & Company flower pack I got a while back on clearance at Michael's. This was a piece left over from another card I had made.

Gisele Offline
#26 Posted : Sunday, April 21, 2013 5:41:08 PM(UTC)
Gisele

Was thanked: 549 time(s) in 339 post(s)
Hello everyone! I haven't been around as I had company since Wednesday...they finally left at 2 pm today. I enjoyed it but it is harder to entertain with my 2 children in exams and hubby out of town! I had intended on making some cards once they left but then was enticed to try CCR as they now have the capability of linking with the Gypsy. The update worked well for me..yay!

Sorry to be not more active on the past 2 week challenges but I hope we can keep going too. I will be willing to host soon too!

I'm off to design this week's cards and will post them tomorrow and comment on the great cards. Have a great evening!
TurtleBug Offline
#27 Posted : Sunday, April 21, 2013 6:48:34 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

BingoLady
#1 - Like the orange colors with the cute floral ribbon, and the pattern paper is very pretty, too!
#2 - Your Ad Color card is very nice. You matched the AC very well, like the BG paper and double row of ribbon for the border.
Sorry to hear you are not well...something you had at the restaurant Friday night, maybe????

NanaDonna
#1 - LOVE this B'day card!! The torquoise and purple combo looks so pretty together. Too bad you won't be sending it to your Mom after all...but just remember October 21, 2013. ok!?LOL
#2 = WOW!! Love, love the floral BG paper and very delicate flower cut in the circle. Like the use of all the pearls. I think you have all the AD Colors in here, too. Your Mom will enjoy recieving it!

Joyful Carol
#2 - You really did capture the Victorian look with this card and you well deserve to be proud on the way it turned out. It is very pretty and I can see all the details that you used to make it. LOVE the silhouette cut and how her dress spills out of the circle cut.
#1 Ad Color Card - Very pretty, bright and colorful!! Love the BG pattern paper and the ribbon with the blingy edges looks so pretty, too!

LisaW.
Our fearless leader for this week has returned!! So glad all is well with you and you had time to go house hunting again...it is a HUGE decision to make when buying a house, not surprised you and your DH are being cautious in picking one.
Last Weeks' Card - I think it is a perfect card for a Teacher and like the schoolboy silhouette. I like the second card better with the "best Teacher" stamp. I think this card is done in the Ad Colors for last week, right??
TurtleBug Offline
#28 Posted : Sunday, April 21, 2013 8:36:22 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Finally had a chance to finish by first card...way not like me to barely be posting my first card on a Sunday. On a mission to finish the other two tonight!

My #2 Sketch Card & Ad Color Challenge:

Sentiment - Stamping Cartridge
Circles and Butterfly - From my scraps stash
Embossing - CB "Perfectly Paisley" folder
Base Cardstock - DCWV "Rustic" Collection Stack
Added yellow gems to the Butterfly and "Salmon Pink" pearls to the border. The border is sheer Organdy brown ribbon. I inked the edges of the white circle with pink stamp ink.
TFL!!Smile

Edited by user Monday, April 22, 2013 10:58:24 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

TurtleBug Offline
#29 Posted : Sunday, April 21, 2013 11:14:14 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Sorry, no Cricut! Using up my scraps and old pre-cut images I have, on all three cards this week.

My Sketch Card #1
:
Photos - Cut from a calendar...summer Monsoon season in Arizona
Tag - Spellbinders "Trio Tags"
Sentiment - Computer-generated and printed on vellum
Added sheer pink ribbon and made a "bow" from embroidery thread.
TFL!!Smile

TurtleBug Offline
#30 Posted : Monday, April 22, 2013 1:49:54 AM(UTC)
TurtleBug

I DID IT!! Finished my cards tonightBigGrin Again, no Cricut...only scraps and cuts from my Scrap Stash.

My Sketch Card #3

Balloons - Already cut...not sure which cart. I just embossed them
Embossing - On the yellow rectangle I used a border strip folder that came with my new "Pinking Stitch" CB folder.
Sentiment - Rubber stamp
How do you all like my "squashed" Brads!!LOL Dummy me, decided to do the strip embossing AFTER I had already attached the Brads...so through the Cuttlebug they went, Oh Well!!LOL LOL

Edited by user Monday, April 22, 2013 1:54:16 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified