Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

MaureenAlferez Offline
#1 Posted : Wednesday, April 03, 2013 9:19:06 AM(UTC)
MaureenAlferez

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 5 post(s)
So it has been quite awhile since the Imagine was discontinued and we were promised that those of us loyal PC customers who purchased the new machine would be given continued support AND content. Well, there has been no new updates and no new content. Nice to see that loyalty gets repaid so poorly with this company. Although I truly love my Imagine and it works great, I will NEVER by an item from PC at launch again. I will wait at least a year for the price to go down and all the bugs to be worked out if they ever will. You taught me a good lesson PC.
 1 user thanked MaureenAlferez for this useful post.
Angela_Mabe on 1/21/2014(UTC)
Khrista Offline
#2 Posted : Wednesday, April 03, 2013 11:44:07 AM(UTC)
Khrista

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
United States

Was thanked: 2510 time(s) in 1398 post(s)
Originally Posted by: MaureenAlferez Go to Quoted Post
So it has been quite awhile since the Imagine was discontinued and we were promised that those of us loyal PC customers who purchased the new machine would be given continued support AND content. Well, there has been no new updates and no new content. Nice to see that loyalty gets repaid so poorly with this company. Although I truly love my Imagine and it works great, I will NEVER by an item from PC at launch again. I will wait at least a year for the price to go down and all the bugs to be worked out if they ever will. You taught me a good lesson PC.

Yep. I ditto what you said. I highly doubt I'll buy a PC machine again, but I won't say never because who knows.

:)Khrista
Shelly Offline
#3 Posted : Thursday, April 04, 2013 3:58:12 PM(UTC)
Shelly

United States

Was thanked: 309 time(s) in 271 post(s)
So wish they would keep their word on giving us more content. I have bought every cart I can find when they were discontinuing them at the craft stores. Have a few more I would like to find, but don't want to pay premium price. I guess I will need to go and buy a bunch of mats too since the new ones won't work on the imagine. So disappointing.
LazyBee Offline
#4 Posted : Monday, April 22, 2013 1:00:50 AM(UTC)
LazyBee

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
United States

Was thanked: 639 time(s) in 306 post(s)
Well based on questions that were asked at Cricut Mania it is pretty certain we will no longer get any additional content for the Imagine and there will be no more updates. This makes me sad as I really loved the carts I have and the Imagine. It looks like the only support we will get are the mats....but given the release of the new cutting mats for the other machines...I really wonder how long even that will last? All I can say is between the Imagine and Gypsy (even with the last update and linking now working) I will think long and hard before I purchase another machine from this company. It truly is a shame they abandoned these two products.
 1 user thanked LazyBee for this useful post.
rhondah* on 4/22/2013(UTC)
rhondah* Offline
#5 Posted : Monday, April 22, 2013 7:02:55 AM(UTC)
rhondah*

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 15710 time(s) in 9099 post(s)
It is sad. No more new carts....Crying
~~L*I*N*D*A ^I~N^ C*O*L*O*R*A*D*O~~ Offline
#6 Posted : Friday, May 03, 2013 2:05:43 AM(UTC)
~~L*I*N*D*A ^I~N^ C*O*L*O*R*A*D*O~~

Was thanked: 78 time(s) in 57 post(s)
What amazes me is that as they "circle the drain", PC won't SELL the Imagine patents, technology etc. Surely someone would pick it up? So many users would pay whatever was asked (reasonably of course) to continue using their devices,upgrade them, repair or even buy new and improved ones. That's where the message is. Then again, perhaps that whole incendiary quality scared off any investors.
Sad really
~~L*I*N*D*A ^I~N^ C*O*L*O*R*A*D*O~~ Offline
#7 Posted : Saturday, May 04, 2013 7:48:22 AM(UTC)
~~L*I*N*D*A ^I~N^ C*O*L*O*R*A*D*O~~

Was thanked: 78 time(s) in 57 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Khrista Go to Quoted Post
Yep. I ditto what you said. I highly doubt I'll buy a PC machine again, but I won't say never because who knows.

:)Khrista

Khrista, bless your heart. It's unfortunate Sad but I'm absolutely, doubtlessly on "never".

I'll never another electronic cutter -- definitely not a PC product
I'll never accept another update (I want to say it's been 2 years)
I'll never make another significant investment in PC/B*O*A products

They were quite clear that they would "brick" 2nd party software via device updates (internet and new carts).OhMyGod OhMyGod OhMyGod I had no reason to believe that they would not also brick my Imagine. If they thought it might catch ablaze, what better way to prevent a lawsuit? Unsure Unsure It may sound paranoid (even to me but mine still works!) but for $500 plus the investment in ink and carts, I'll be paranoid! BigGrin BigGrin

Admittedly, I did purchase quite a few Knifty Knitters before PC stopped producing them. I only just discovered loom knitting and read that the KK looms held up better than any other brand.
As soon as word got out that PC was dropping them, they FLEW off the shelves.

I have the Personal,Create, Expression, 2 Gypsies, and 3 Jukeboxes (plus 2 cutlebugs and numerous folders and dies). Except for my first G which had to go back to factory for a "checkup/replacement, I have been fortunate to get machines that worked flawlessly. To date, all of my machines are working well.
My only regret is that I didn't purchase a second Imagine. That is far and away my favorite machine in the collection.Love Love Love I take it easy on all of them because I want them to last a long time. I've front loaded on ink carts, mats, paper and blades.

Speaking of which I keep reading about expired ink cartridges not working in the Imagine. Mine work! Does the Imagine have a date function that tells that machine that ink is expired? I don't remember seeing one. Does the ink thicken and trip a sensor? I'd really like to understand that whole situation. Anybody?
Happy crafting!
May your bugs give you years of trouble-free crafting!
L