Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
BingoLady Offline
#31 Posted : Monday, April 22, 2013 10:44:09 AM(UTC)
BingoLady

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 969 time(s) in 655 post(s)
Carol, nice # 1 cricut or no cricut it came out very pretty.

Donna, I just love the cards you make so colorful, now I can't make up
my mind which one I want for my B.LOL LOL LOL

Turtlbug, Wow, all your cards came nice , but my favorite is the one where you
used the picture from the calender, love the way it looks.

Britishg, hope you are filling better, hope to see your cards soon.
*NanaDonna* Offline
#32 Posted : Monday, April 22, 2013 12:53:22 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Was thanked: 2618 time(s) in 1376 post(s)
Hi, I hope everyone had a great weekend.
I am going to try and get my 3rd sketch done today.

Lisa - Love your silhouette card for your daughter's teacher. I am sure he will love it.

Bingolady - love your flower card, great placement with the background paper. Hope you are feeling better

Carol - #1 very very pretty, love the colors and the papers you used (I have them too) Great bow

Turtlebug - YIKES you have been working hard #2 very nice great way to get those ad colors in there. The sheer ribbon is a very pretty addition. #1 gorgeous! great way to use those pictures you are a master at that. #3 wonderful card, really like the layer of vellum over the background paper gives it a nice soft effect. Would not have noticed the brads if you didn't say something they look good that wayBigGrin

OK better go and see what I can do for the last sketch
Gisele Offline
#33 Posted : Monday, April 22, 2013 6:48:52 PM(UTC)
Gisele

Was thanked: 549 time(s) in 339 post(s)
BingoLady – That is a pretty Get well soon card! Love the ribbon and how the embossing works so nicely with the patterned paper! Sorry you weren’t feeling well! Love the background paper of the ad colour card and pretty embossed flower!

Donna - What a great birthday card – love the patterned paper and the purple bow is a perfect accent! Funny story about your initial intentions to make it a Mother’s Day card! How nice to meet up with your daughter! My family lives at least 4 – 5 hours from me so we don’t just meet up for breakfast. Beautiful Mother’s Day card! Have you been using CCR for some time now?

Joyful Carol – You should be very proud of your red, black and white card! It is a wonderful creation with all of the little details and embossing! Great card with the ad colours!

Turtlebug – a busy weekend for you with the First Communion celebration, little league and poker! Glad you had a fun time! Pretty card in the ad colours! I like how you have images in your stash…I only have scrap papers nothing pre-cut but might need to do that! Great Sketch #1 card showcasing the Arizona skies! Wonderful Sketch #3 card – I would not have noticed the brads were squished. BigGrin

Lisa – thanks again for hosting! What a busy time for you. Sorry that the house hunting is difficult! A beautiful card for your daughter’s teacher! It looks really good!

Edited by user Monday, April 22, 2013 6:57:04 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked Gisele for this useful post.
TurtleBug on 4/23/2013(UTC)
Gisele Offline
#34 Posted : Monday, April 22, 2013 6:55:19 PM(UTC)
Gisele

So I am really late to be posting cards tonight. I have 2 sketches done and hopefully can do the third tomorrow.

Sketch #1 is flipped. Papers are Graphic 45 French Country. Black frame is Fabulous Finds and Storybook for the red checker flower-scroll.

Sketch #2 was done with scraps except for the background patterned paper. Used Damask Decor for flower. I had been wanting to try box-pleating with paper for some time and finally did it.

DeeScraps Offline
#35 Posted : Monday, April 22, 2013 7:12:21 PM(UTC)
DeeScraps

Was thanked: 742 time(s) in 573 post(s)
Hi everyone. I've had a busy week, but I did get two cards done. I also have my comments, but I'll post them later.

This is my take on Sketch #1. I'll add a sentiment when I know what I want to use. The papers are all scraps. The ribbon is from my stash.

Thanks, Dee

[img=http://][/img]
DeeScraps Offline
#36 Posted : Monday, April 22, 2013 7:15:35 PM(UTC)
DeeScraps

Was thanked: 742 time(s) in 573 post(s)
Here is my Sketch #2. Again, it's all scraps.

Dee

[img=http://][/img]

*NanaDonna* Offline
#37 Posted : Monday, April 22, 2013 8:33:55 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Originally Posted by: Gisele Go to Quoted Post

Donna - What a great birthday card – love the patterned paper and the purple bow is a perfect accent! Funny story about your initial intentions to make it a Mother’s Day card! How nice to meet up with your daughter! My family lives at least 4 – 5 hours from me so we don’t just meet up for breakfast. Beautiful Mother’s Day card! Have you been using CCR for some time now?

Gisele, yes I have, in fact i was on the original group that got to to play with it and test it in Beta version. I really like it and use it 98% of the time when I make a card in fact that is probably a low estimate Laugh . The only real problems I have with it is if I try and use it with my Imagine it has issues communicating with the Imagine, but suing my Expression it is GREAT!
Right now to promote it Cricut had put a $20 credit in everyone's Cricut account to purchase digital images so you can try it out.
Gisele Offline
#38 Posted : Tuesday, April 23, 2013 3:18:49 AM(UTC)
Gisele

Originally Posted by: *NanaDonna* Go to Quoted Post

Gisele, yes I have, in fact i was on the original group that got to to play with it and test it in Beta version. I really like it and use it 98% of the time when I make a card in fact that is probably a low estimate Laugh . The only real problems I have with it is if I try and use it with my Imagine it has issues communicating with the Imagine, but suing my Expression it is GREAT!
Right now to promote it Cricut had put a $20 credit in everyone's Cricut account to purchase digital images so you can try it out.

Thanks Donna for letting me know! I just started using CCR on Sunday since there is now the ability to link with my Gypsy. I did lose the 5 free carts but I knew that before I did the upgrade. There should be a fix for that at some point. I'm learning it fairly quickly. Although I haven't figured out yet if you can move an image from one layer to another. Do you know? I bought Fabulous Finds with the credit and still have money leftover to shop some more LOL
Gisele Offline
#39 Posted : Tuesday, April 23, 2013 3:21:31 AM(UTC)
Gisele

Dee – Great card for sketch #1 and I really love your patriotic Sketch #2! Wonderful papers and cuts! Do you use a lightbox to take your photos?

I hope to craft again tonight! Have a great day everyone!
*NanaDonna* Offline
#40 Posted : Tuesday, April 23, 2013 8:03:50 AM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Originally Posted by: Gisele Go to Quoted Post
Thanks Donna for letting me know! I just started using CCR on Sunday since there is now the ability to link with my Gypsy. I did lose the 5 free carts but I knew that before I did the upgrade. There should be a fix for that at some point. I'm learning it fairly quickly. Although I haven't figured out yet if you can move an image from one layer to another. Do you know? I bought Fabulous Finds with the credit and still have money leftover to shop some more LOL

Gisele it is actually pretty easy. Click on the image you want and then hit copy. Go up by your layer tab and hit the plus sign open a new layer then hit paste and your image will be on the new layer. You can then go back and delete it off the first layer. Hope this makes sense

Joyful Carol Offline
#41 Posted : Tuesday, April 23, 2013 9:39:26 AM(UTC)
Joyful Carol

Was thanked: 661 time(s) in 306 post(s)
On my #2 Victorian couple card- I did pop them off of the card using some little foam squares. That part did not seem to show up in the photo, but it definitely added some dimension to the card in person. Now on to comment on all of the lovely creations this week

Lisa- Thank you for the sketches this week. Great job for your very first time. Maybe one day I will become that brave and give it a try. Love the colors in your #1. It certainly made a lovely Mother's Day card. Sketch #2 is so cute with the “dressed up” hearts. Definitely a very thoughtful card. #3 Certainly made a great graduation card here. The border punch worked great with all of the corners on the graduation hats. Thank you for sharing your teacher appreciation card. The cut you chose turned out very nicely. I think you did the right thing by going back and stamping the sentiment. The color of the stamping was more pleasing to the eye than the sticker.

Turtlebug- Love the purple on the card you shared. I can tell great thought went into it. The white enamel accents was a great addition. #2 Love the background paper added with the circle embossed with the paisley design. Good job! #1 Very nice. The little pictures are great and the purples were a wonderful color choice. I like the sheer ribbon for it adds a nice touch without blocking out the pictures. #3 Turned out nicely even with the squashed brads. I think they add some character to the project.

Bingolady- #1- The embossing looks fabulous and is so complimentary to your other paper you chose. The ribbon works perfectly with the rest of the card. #2 The background paper on this one is very eye catching. It has such a feminine look about it. Oh, by the way, I hope your stomach bug is definitely a thing of the past!

NanaDonna- #1-Beautiful! I love those colors together. The papers you chose are perfect together. Nice bow work, too. Of course it has been quite some time since you shared with me some help on tying those tiny bows. I will always be appreciative for that help. #2- What beautiful flowered paper! It is just shouting spring. Your scalloped circle with the flowers and added pearls were just the perfect accent.

Gisele- I loved how this card turned out being flipped. I am also envious of your chicken wire embossing folder. I have not seen it in the stores around my home. I suppose I am just going to have to search online for a good price. I have several projects going around in my mind I would like to use it on. Enough about my desire for an embossing folder—I am suppose to be commenting on your card! The black frame is a great compliment to the picture used which is a lovely picture with sunflowers! The card just makes me happy to look at it. #2 Great choice of papers that are working together perfectly. I like the box pleated paper. Really a nice touch. Did you use a scoreboard? Very soft, feminine card.

Deescraps- #1 The papers are so bright and happy. That is exactly how the recipient of this card will feel. #2 Great patriotic card! Makes me ready for the 4th of July!
 1 user thanked Joyful Carol for this useful post.
TurtleBug on 4/23/2013(UTC)
*NanaDonna* Offline
#42 Posted : Tuesday, April 23, 2013 12:01:49 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Yeah I got my sketch #3 done.

Very little Cricut just the oval behind the fish then embossed it.
The fish is from a K & Company embellishment pack and the background paper
is from a matching K & Company paper pack.

Great card everyone and look forward to what Dee has in store for us next week.

Any takers to host the week after???????

I am working on things so I can host soon also
LisaW. Offline
#43 Posted : Tuesday, April 23, 2013 6:16:52 PM(UTC)
LisaW.

United States

Was thanked: 146 time(s) in 102 post(s)
Still finishing up last week's sketches

No cricut...just embossing of the two blue strips with the dots folder.

For the corners I used a corner punch design.

BingoLady Offline
#44 Posted : Tuesday, April 23, 2013 6:37:40 PM(UTC)
BingoLady

Was thanked: 969 time(s) in 655 post(s)
Gisele, wonderful cards, love all the colors and decor, I like the way you
flipped the frame ,looks great.

Dee, thanks for the colors, and your cards came out so nice. I espcially like
the patriotic card.

Donna, how nice, the little fish to match the paper

I just got home from Jury Duty and I have to go back tommorow. I hope I
don't get picked.

Lisa thankyou for hosting, nice sketch from last week. Hope to have you host again.

Ready for you Dee,Cool BigGrin Drool Laugh bring out those sketches.
 1 user thanked BingoLady for this useful post.
Gisele on 4/24/2013(UTC)
TurtleBug Offline
#45 Posted : Tuesday, April 23, 2013 6:37:53 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Was thanked: 955 time(s) in 617 post(s)
Gisele
#1 - Again a great mixture of elements. Like the twine with the button and how you worked the fancy cut into it, very creative! I see some Chicken Wire embossing!!Laugh Pretty Sunflower paper, too. Very pretty card on the flipped side.
#2 - Very pretty card in these soft colors. The delicate circle is so pretty and the box-pleating with paper I have never seen before and looks awesome, so different. Is it difficult to make?

DeeScraps
#1 - Very colorful and ready for Spring!!Like the Gingham ribbon and the addition of the Tag. It can be used for most any occasion. Very nice!
#2 - LOVE this very patriotic card, especially the BG paper. Like the BIG stars with the USA in the center. God knows our beloved country could use some bonding right about now.SadSad
Dee, Thanks again for providing us with the Ad Color Challenge. You are doing an awesome job, week after week!Smile

NanaDonna
#3 - Great male card, like the BG paper with the matching embellishment. The Bling looks like big drops of water and the fish looks like someone caught it and had it mounted. Very nice!

Lisa,
In case I don't get back on here tonight...Thanks so much for Hosting this week. I enjoyed doing your sketches and seeing your great samples. Loved the Extra Credit....my Stash Box does feel a tad lighter, thanks to you!
Hope you Host again real soon!!Smile

1 user thanked TurtleBug for this useful post.
Gisele on 4/24/2013(UTC)
TurtleBug Offline
#46 Posted : Tuesday, April 23, 2013 6:43:05 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Originally Posted by: *NanaDonna* Go to Quoted Post

Great card everyone and look forward to what Dee has in store for us next week.

Any takers to host the week after???????

I am working on things so I can host soon also[/size]

Donna,
Since I just Hosted a couple of weeks ago, I will sit out for a while and let someone else jump in, but will be happy to Host again real soon!

TurtleBug Offline
#47 Posted : Tuesday, April 23, 2013 6:52:39 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Lisa,
Sorry!! I think you posted while I was typing my comments.
Last Week's Card - Love the BG paper, did you emboss it or did it come like that...love the look of it. Like the Blue/Yellow color combo, the oh so tiny bows, and the corner punch is very pretty.

BingoLady
I noticed your weren't home ALL day, I thought for sure you were already in that dreaded Jury Box!!LOL LOL Good Luck tomorrow...better you than me!!Razz Razz Razz
LisaW. Offline
#48 Posted : Tuesday, April 23, 2013 9:17:12 PM(UTC)
LisaW.

United States

Was thanked: 146 time(s) in 102 post(s)
How frustrating...just commented on everybody's cards and don't know what I did but lost them all.

I just wanted to thank all you ladies for sharing your cards this week using the sketches I chose. I was a little nervous at first but once you started posting I was feeling a lot better and look forward to hosting again.

Lisa