Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

tmkious715d37affb Offline
#1 Posted : Monday, April 22, 2013 4:49:08 PM(UTC)
tmkious715d37affb

Groups: Registered

I have a Cricut Create. I noticed in the CCR that there are weekly free cuts. I found the Mother's Day card -11. I have tried and tried cutting this out. Is there a trick I am missing out on. I am not sure what size to use in CCR. Please help!!!!!Huh
Olivia'sNana Offline
#2 Posted : Monday, April 22, 2013 6:02:00 PM(UTC)
Olivia'sNana

Was thanked: 933 time(s) in 461 post(s)
I know nothing about the create except that it is a smaller machine but not sure what the max size that it will cut.

When you say you have you tried to cut. Are you not getting the size that you want or are you not getting clean cuts?
If you want it to be the size of a standard card size, which can just about be any size, the thing to remember about this card is that it is top fold. so the default size that you select will be the finished folded height. (I just realized this when I pulled the image up in ccr. I don't make cards so I did not realize the selected size is the finished folded size and not the exact cut height which would be double the selected size) So if you want a card that is 5", you would select 5" as yor default size but it will cut 10" and become 5" when folded. The width will be in proportion.

If you want the size to be an exact height and width, click on the link that connects the height and width values on the top tool bar to unlink. Then you can enter in your exact height and width there. Just remember, this will not be in proportion to the original artist design but can still work as long as it does not disproportionate it so that the design is skewed. This would be like if you needed a finished card that was exactly 5" x 7". Remember to click on the link again to make it active so that you will go back to images being in proporation to the height

Edited by user Monday, April 22, 2013 6:03:02 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

CricketCMV Offline
#3 Posted : Monday, April 22, 2013 8:59:31 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Was thanked: 8277 time(s) in 4879 post(s)
I size my images a little different than others; so, I thought I would share how I do this, too.

BE SURE you are using RELATIVE DIAL SIZE (this is one of the Aa Aa buttons on the bottom bar under all the images....hover over Aa to see which is Relative and click on it to make it active).

I like to lay all my layers I need for my card/project (that need to be sized proportionally) on the first mat layer. (If I have three large images already, and I need to resize them outside the mat, I simply lay them right on top of each other (be sure you know which is the top piece, second, third, etc.! ...I usually leave the main image in the upper left corner, move the second up over it, but leave it hanging off the right of that first image, move the third up over the second, but leave it hanging off the right of that second image, etc., until all the image layers are on top of each other.

Now, I go to the upper left corner of all those images and left click and DRAG holding the left click in the upper left corner of all images DOWN to the far bottom right corner and click outside the images in the far bottom right corner.

When you unclick, this will place the handles/box around all the images you want to size proportionally. Now, go to the bottom right circle and left click inside that and holding left click, drag the images out until the main image is the size you want it to be...all other images are following proportionally.

There are many, many images you can make wider or taller (by using the side arrow and dragging out, or by using the bottom arrow and dragging down), without making them look weird. Many will look just as good....and, that's the beauty of CCR! You can size things exactly the way you want them.

ONE OTHER TIP.....I like to turn off colors and work with the outlines. You do this by going up to the top mat layers and hitting the dropdown arrow and selecting COLOR. Once the screen pops up, click on the square with the red slash through it. You'll see the colors change to outline. To me, it's much easier to work with my images this way. Others love to use the colors.

Are any of us helping you? If not, don't be afraid to come back and ask for more help.

Char