Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

86 Pages«<7374757677>»
Nancycs Offline
#2221 Posted : Wednesday, April 24, 2013 5:34:46 AM(UTC)
Nancycs

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Good morning!

Laurie it sounds like everything is moving along getting your house ready to sell. Sorry Sadie hasn't been herself.

Lizzy I am so glad the wedding was wonderful. That is too bad Yash's family couldn't make it. Was it recorded so they can see it later? (I see Rhonda asked that too:)

Pat sorry about your mom. I hope her the shot works for her. My mom called me the other day and she told me to listen. There was music playing in the background. It was 6 ladies making music with teapots. THey were blowing in the spout. I had never heard of that. They did a wonderful job. I just had to tell you about it!

Rhonda is your weather warming up today? Ours is getting there. Did any of your snow stick? Ours did but most of it melted yesterday. I love the cards! Yes I am over my strep.

Paula that is a lot of pictures, but I bet you are glad you have them printed and are getting them sorted. Think of all the calories you are burning as you clean all those houses!

Carrie that is funny about Jim and twitter. I think it sounds like a good plan for you to take over.

Saturday I went scrapping. I finished up some LO's I had started last time with the cuts I needed and got some Ideas for the graduation pages. I need to reprint some pics though since the colors are off. I did not want to choose the paper until the pics are reprinted since the color will be different.

We bought a dock for our property up north & bought some winter tires for the Honda off Craigs list. When we went to get he tires we took advantage of being in the cities and did some shopping. Rick will go up this weekend to work on getting the dock to our property. It is about 7 miles from our property so not too far but some of the sections are 20 feet. We will see about borrowing a trailer from one of my FIL's friends that lives up there.

We got another round of snow Monday night but it has almost completely melted. I hope the rest of it will be gone today. It will get into the upper 40's today. It will be 60* Friday and 69* by Sunday. Finally some spring like temps! There is actually a possibility that the northern lakes will still be iced over for fishing opener this year. If we get warm weather and it stays it may work out but if not it will be interesting. The last time it was iced over for the opener was 1950. If it does melt it will be interesting because the fish will be spawning later and the Native Americans can net when they spawn. THey even set up tents at the landing and really just take it over. I am not sure they will be able to do that this year since the anglers need to be able to get their boats in. It usually happens before opener so the anglers aren't out yet.

Well I better get to work!

Have a great day!
rm920 Offline
#2222 Posted : Thursday, April 25, 2013 4:36:37 AM(UTC)
rm920

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
good morning all..

Nancy, glad you are over your strep. Yes, the weather is slowing warming up. Should be real nice by the weekend. Still we had hard freezes the last 2 nights. Hope DH can get the "new" dock to your property ok this weekend. I know you will enjoy it this summer.

Lizzy, sorry to hear your vacation is coming to an end. But just keep in mind you don't have long until retirement! Glad to hear the house is coming along.

Laurie, so glad to hear Sadie is doing good. It is so hard to know what is going on when they have problems. Glad she is getting along with the contractor.

Pat, sure hope your mom is able to get the injection and it gives her the comfort she needs. I hope our nice weather heads your way - not the snow and ice.

Carrie and Paula, what have you two been up to? I know Paula is cleaning houses like crazy - and maybe she is buried under all those photos she ordered!

Carrie, were you able to dress up DH's social network presence?

Nothing new here. Just the same things, different days. Been working on bits of family history info.
imnchghere Offline
#2223 Posted : Thursday, April 25, 2013 6:12:23 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

Was thanked: 99 time(s) in 77 post(s)
good morning. I am feeling less challenged today, than I have in a while. The Dr has given Mom the go ahead for the steroid injection, so that should take place soon. Praying it works and she doesn't have to have the surgery. I should know something in the next few days. My sister is hoping she can get Mom to spend a couple weeks at her house, but it is not looking like that will happen. Right now she just wants to be in her own house. As soon as we know if the injection is working, I will come up with a plan for a trip. I need to have all my ducks in a row here.

Rhonda, I here you on the same ole thing, just a different day. I spent a couple hours yesterday just chatting with eldest dd. We talked about Austin's upcoming Psych evaluation for his Autism. And about her friend who lost 2 children in January to a home fire. It was nice to have one on one time with her. Looking forward to the MOD walk on Sunday.
I have been trying to clean up my family research notes and be ready for what I want to look for when I go to CA. I am finding I really like using Family Search for some things.

Laurie, that was too funny about your junk. We have an apartment complex on the street behind us and every now and then there is an eviction. All the stuff is put down by the road and people all pick through it. Mostly it is NOT worth it, but sometimes I see a few good things. Technically it is illegal to take any of it.

Nancy, I have never heard of blowing into teapot spouts, but it seems like I have seen/heard of using other things to blow into for music.
Glad you are over the strep and finally getting a little spring weather. It is slow getting here also, but it is just cooler than normal temps. Supposed to be better this coming week. I know as soon as it gets warmer, I will have to deal with the bugs in my face.

Lizzy, only 8 more weeks of school for you. I hope the rest of the house projects move along smoothly and school as well. Do you have a target date to get the house on he market?

Hello to Paula and Carrie. I need to get busy here.

Edited by user Thursday, April 25, 2013 6:13:12 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

QtnSasyCarrie Offline
#2224 Posted : Thursday, April 25, 2013 5:54:59 PM(UTC)
QtnSasyCarrie

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered

Getting into this website lately is harder than breaking into Fort Knox, I think. Well you get the idea.

Pat glad you are feeling better today and mom is doing well. How soon are they going to do he injection?

Rhonda I am hoping and praying the weather warms up for you. That way I'll reap the benefits when it moves my way.

Nancy glad you are feeling better. What kind of dock did you get? I think my dad has made every single dock we've ever had. I keep praying that the jet stream moves into Canada where it belongs.

Laurie how is Sadie doing? Are you giving her Cosequin? It will help her hip dysplasia and her left leg.

Lizzy good to hear the wedding went well. That's really sad about the groom's parents. Did they have far to travel? Hope you day back at work went smoothly.

Hey Paula. I almost called you this afternoon. I went for my followup mammogram and the world came crashing down around me. I go for a biopsy Tuesday. Same spot as the one 10 years ago. It could be scar tissue but the radiologist doesn't think so. So I called my surgeon and if it is anything suspicious, I asked him to go directly into surgery and remove everything. I am so tired of dealing with all of this. I'd much rather deal with other peoples issues. Have you a date for your surgery yet?

Well I am working constantly on revamping the website, getting the social media taken care of, working on marketing material for our new skincare products, prepping them for sale on the website. What did I take on???
lizzyea Offline
#2225 Posted : Thursday, April 25, 2013 11:17:46 PM(UTC)
lizzyea

Hi friends...

I just read Carrie's post and talk about everything crashing down. I've been really "blue" since the wedding and feeling sorry for myself and overwhelmed...until I read that...and that totally slammed some perspective into my life. I'm so sorry, Carrie...just keep us posted.

We have been a little side-tracked at this moment about getting the house on the market. We got a termite report that indicates there is termite damage. It was verbal, so far, but the guy was a monumental jerk and was supposed to get a written report to me by now. He acted very arrogant and said he knew nothing of our on-going contract with Terminix (which covers us for on-going problems). We don't want to begin the exterior painting (which is scheduled for Monday) until we get this other issue resolved. Grrr... Meanwhile, the interior painting continues and looks fabulous; the granite has been ordered; the new floor-covering has been measured, so we are making progress. The next dumpster arrives tomorrow and we hope to hit it hard this weekend.

I am prepping for work beginning on Monday. I am working on specific weekly plans, but an overall plan for the remaining 8 weeks as well. We have two weeks of teaching, then two weeks of state testing, then four remaining weeks. Usually after the state testing, everyone does huge "projects" to show-off for Open House. It somewhat drives me crazy, because I'd just rather teach and have the kids make booklets to show their work rather than big showy projects. I just read an email from the Principal saying not to make projects just for the sake of making projects...but make sure everything is based on state learning standards. I'm so relieved!

Pat, I hope the steroid injection works for your mom...or at least helps her out. I also hope you can get yourself organized so that you can leave Maryland behind and take a relaxing trip to California.

Carrie, you have lots and lots of stuff on your plate right now. I don't know how you do so much!

I'm going to say good night now and prepare myself for work tomorrow. I meant to do some laundry, but it never happened. YIKES! Luckily, I think I have a pair of pants from the trip to Las Vegas that I never wore, so that is one clean pair of pants!! Whew!

Everyone take care...I'll check in tomorrow.
imnchghere Offline
#2226 Posted : Friday, April 26, 2013 6:29:07 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

good Friday morning. Going to be a nice day here so I am going to try to get a hairapy appointment and then work on the two thank you and four just because cards I keep putting off.

Carrie, I am so sorry for the news yesterday. I can't imagine what you are going through, but you are in my prayers.

Lizzy, it sounds like you have things for school under control, as best you can. Good news on the principal's request re projects. It does make more sense.
Hope you can get the termite issue taken care of. Sometimes our HVAC guy acts arrogant. Our last check up was for the AC and I reminded him this is a unit that is just a year old and is under a 10yr warranty, so don't give me a list of extra things that should be done.

Well, I spent yesterday doing a lot on my family research. I was going through my pictures on the computer trying to find family headstone pics taken in CA on various trips. I wanted to attach them to the people in my family tree as well as put them on Find a Grave. That led to a couple dozen pics that I took in San Diego at the National cemetery. None were my family, but all had the surname from my genealogy society, so I put all of them on find a grave and deleted them from my pictures. Never did find the family pics I was looking for. But they are there and I was just not looking in the correct year/trip.
When I talked to my sis on Wed, she didn't know when they would do the injection. I am so hoping it will work and I can get more things taken care of here before I have to go out. If it doesn't work, I have no idea how quickly they will schedule the hip replacement, but then I might have to go more quickly. Still so many *ifs*.

Load of laundry in the washer right now and I am hoping to get it dried before I have to head out. In fact I will ride the bike while it is drying. I know the earliest I could get in today would be 11.

Have a good day everyone.

lizzyea Offline
#2227 Posted : Friday, April 26, 2013 11:15:55 PM(UTC)
lizzyea

Howdy-hi friends! The last two days have been emotionally brutal here. When I went to work yesterday, everyone was so kind and loving about my brother's death, but it brought up so many incredibly sad feelings for me. I ended up sobbing by the time I left work. I called my therapist and asked her if there was any way she could see me yesterday or today. She was able to squeeze me in today and we had a very good session. The really sad part is that his on-going addiction to drugs and alcohol likely contributed heavily to his death. He was only 55 years old. He had been using illegal substances for the better part of 40 years, if not longer. Let's face it, one's body can only tolerate so much. He used drugs and alcohol because of the incredibly sad and rejected feelings he had throughout his entire life. We grew up in the same family. I know what he experienced. We just handled it differently.

In retrospect, it is nothing short of a miracle that I have come out of my life experiences as functional as I am (OK...keep the snickering to a dull roar, please). Neither my sister nor my brother are/were very functional. They ended up with so many unresolved issues. Of course, I've bought enough psychotherapy to put several children through Ivy League universities! Nevertheless, I am slowly realizing how grateful I need to be every single day of the many blessings I have realized in my life.

At any rate, I am feeling much better after my therapy session...sad, but much less grief-stricken. All of this will take much time to resolve.

I worked again today, mainly planning lessons. I didn't do much to set up my room, so it's going to be a bit crazy on Monday. I need to do a seating chart and put out their desktags. Then, I'll pass out their books and the remaining materials. It will all work out. It always does! LOL

The painter moved into the family room today...and will move upstairs this next week. We've had to postpone the exterior painting because of the termite issue. However, we still don't have the termite report. I put in a call to Terminix today and I'll ask the realtor to call them on Monday to follow up. Grrrrr.....

Also on Monday, I am hoping to go choose my granite for the countertop. In the meantime, I am hoping to wrap-up much of the packing and moving this weekend. It all depends on my motivation! I am going to really try to PUSH myself!

Everyone take care...sorry if I've been a cloudy day...but it's nice to come in here and share my sadness. I'm hoping I can find a more productive way to share this grief. Take care, my friends!

rm920 Offline
#2228 Posted : Saturday, April 27, 2013 5:15:33 AM(UTC)
rm920

Good morning...

Lizzy, I am so glad you were able to see your therapist. She seems to be helping you so much. You are so right to try to concentrate on the blessings in your life. I know that is easy to say (I have to keep telling myself that). Glad you feel you can let your feelings out to us. I think of this group as my extended family. You ladies have helped me keep going many times. Your house project is really going fast. Sorry about the termite issues - but glad you have the Terminex warranty. Hope that problem gets resolved quickly as well.

Pat, have you been able to set anything up on your visit to see your mom? Isn't it amazing how fast we accumulate pictures. Sorry you didn't find the pics you were looking for but at least you were able to find uses for others. Did you make any progress on the cards you needed?

Carrie, I will keep you in my prayers. I don't know if I could take the delay time before the next step. Please let us know if there is anything we can do for you!

Today, I head up north to my granddaughter's wedding. Will head out about noon. Will be a late night for me! Then tomorrow, I am going with a friend to check on her daughter's house. Her daughter moved to Georgia and her house is still on the market so we are just going up to check on it . Then we will go either to Kansas City or Topeka for lunch and maybe a bit of retail therapy!

It has been a soggy last few days. So glad for the moisture. But hope the sun comes out later today as my co-worker's wedding today is outdoors!
imnchghere Offline
#2229 Posted : Saturday, April 27, 2013 7:46:13 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

good morning.. beautiful day here, but wishing it was just a bit warmer.

Rhonda, busy weekend for you. Safe travels to the wedding and enjoy the day tomorrow with your friend.
I am hoping to hear from my sister today. Then I will know when the steroid injection is scheduled to be done.
Lizzy, big {{hugs}} to you. Glad you could talk to the therapist. You have had a lot of emotional events lately.
You had mentioned you were liking the new colors of the rooms so far. Were these suggested by the relator? I keep toying with the idea of neutral wall colors and then colorful accessories, but I am not sure. I do know I will be changing the dining room wall color if we are able to do the remodel. Jim is still uncertain about taking on that expense with the government situation.

Well, I need to get busy here. Still need to work on the bib for the walk t-shirts. Otherwise we will be wearing plain pink or blue.

lizzyea Offline
#2230 Posted : Saturday, April 27, 2013 9:45:49 PM(UTC)
lizzyea

Hi friends...safe travels to you, Rhonda, as you travel to the wedding and to visit your friend. Enjoy your time with everyone!

The paint colors we are using were suggested by the realtor, however our interior painter says that these are very "in" colors for the neutral palate these days. I am thinking the same thing about using color in the room to add color to the room.

We had a huge exciting event today. First, we dropped off two boxes of paper to be shredded, then came back home to help our painter remove two large mirrors and take them down to the dumpster. In the course of doing that, the glass shattered and cut Terry's outer-forearm. A tense drive to the walk-in clinic (quicker than waiting for paramedics) and seven-stitches later, we returned home. While the cut was deep, it cut neither muscle nor nerves, thankfully. He doesn't have much pain, but there is still swelling in his arm and hand. I'm having him keep it elevated. He goes back to the doctor on Monday. The walk-in clinic is connected to my own doctor's practice, so I feel very good about them as opposed to the random "doc in a box" set-up. My anxiety disorder kicked in and my chest hurt for quite awhile during and afterward, but has now returned to normal. Whew!

Not much work got accomplished afterward...but tomorrow, I will hit it hard.

Everyone take it easy...enjoy your weekend.
imnchghere Offline
#2231 Posted : Sunday, April 28, 2013 5:20:19 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

good morning.. We are off to the MOD walk today. Always an emotional walk for us, but a family event. Today we are also walking in memory of Stephanie's friend's daughters who died in the house fire earlier this year. They were NICU babies.
Not sure what is happening after the walk, but we have plenty to do around the yard and house.

Lizzy, that is awful about the cut on Terry's arm. Glad it was not more serious. Good luck making more progress today. I am sure Terry will be slowed down from the leftover pain.

Well, time to shut down here and make sure I have everyone's shirts and sunscreen. It is supposed to be a decent day, but wish it was just a bit warmer.

I_M_BLEST Offline
#2232 Posted : Sunday, April 28, 2013 11:51:59 AM(UTC)
I_M_BLEST

Hello ladies!!

Carrie, I am so sorry you have to go in for a biopsy. That stinks! I so agree with you...well, you know that. I understand how it feels to be so done with it!!! I was ready to do the same thing you want to do. However...you know the chances are good that it is nothing again. Ugh!!! I hate that that is hanging over your head. Well...know that I am thinking of you. If you want to chat, I would love that. I am not working tomorrow so am mostly open.
As far as my surgery, I have not called the Dr. for a consultation yet. I need to do that and have my decisions made. Haven't come up with a good time to do it yet. DH is supposed to have a 12 week sabatical late summer and is trying to schedule a lot of things he wants to do during that time. Trying to find a good time for surgery ... well...I don't think there is a good time. haha

I feel like I have been MIA. Very busy times!

Thur. I scrapped with my sister and her son's girlfriend. My nephew and his GF were in town for the weekend for a wedding my nephew was in. The bachlor party started at noon Thur. and they were gone until 4 p.m. Fri. My sister asked his GF if she wanted to do a sewing or a cooking project or something while they guys were gone and she wanted to scrapbook so they came over. Fri. DH had off, I set up for Sat.s pageant and then we went to Tay's concert. Sat. I spent at the Princess and Pre-teen pageant and didn't get home until 10 ish. Today...church and now maybe a nap!! ;)

Lizzy, sorry you have been having some blues. Like Pat said...you have had some major life changing events and it can be hard to deal with. I am glad you have your therapist to go to and I am even more glad that you share with us and hope you feel the love from here. :)
Sorry to hear about DH's cut. What a bummer!! Especially when you need his hauling skills!! ;)

Pat, it sounds like they are working through things with your mom. I sure hope she gets relief from the shot.
Hope today is going well for you with the walk. I also hope the weather is nice for you.

Rhonda, how was the wedding?
And how was your girl's day out??

Nancy, is it sitll snowing there?? hahaha

Laurie, I am thinking this is the weeek you wanted to have your house together?? How is it going?
lizzyea Offline
#2233 Posted : Sunday, April 28, 2013 5:27:46 PM(UTC)
lizzyea

Hi friends...I have been waiting for awhile for my SIL to call me....this is my brother's wife...but so far she hasn't so I will get back to work. Yes, I need Terry's lifting and carrying prowess but since he can't use it now, we will likely hire a couple of teenage boys to assist. I'll be back after packing some boxes. Bye for now.
imnchghere Offline
#2234 Posted : Monday, April 29, 2013 6:29:29 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

good Monday morning. Wet one here and it will be that way all week. Plan is to work inside and get back to sorting/purging. Goal is to also ride the bike every day.

Lizzy, probably a good idea to get a couple young men to help out. I hope you made progress with your packing last night and that school goes well today.

Paula, you are involved with a lot of things. Hope you can figure out a time to schedule your surgery that works for all. I am hoping if my Mom ends up having to have the hip surgery, that it works out to be a good time for me, since I will have to go out. I didn't hear from my sister this weekend, which means nothing was done or has been decided. I might try to call Mom today.

The MOD walk yesterday was fun. I got some good pictures and will try to print them out so they can be scrapped. I have no crops planned, so I will have to do them at home. Meanwhile, I am also working on having my CA research notes in order, so that when I go to CA, I have everything I might need on my travel flash drive.
Still need to work on the TY cards and Just Because cards I have been putting off. Maybe I can get those done this evening.

Rhonda, how was your weekend? Did you get some retail therapy with your friend?
Laurie, you are down to the wire for your May 2 deadline. How is everything going?
Nancy, have you put away the snow removal equipment yet? I sure hope so.
Carrie, how goes the website and social media work? Lots of prayers are being said for you from Jim's cousin's group in NC for tomorrow.

Time for me to get moving here and run a couple errands. Hope everyone has a productive and good day.

QtnSasyCarrie Offline
#2235 Posted : Monday, April 29, 2013 2:41:25 PM(UTC)
QtnSasyCarrie

Lizzy <<<HUGS>>> Terry will be Ok. Make sure he takes it easy and takes his vitamins. I am more worried about you than him. LOL Hope things are going smoothly. You sure are taking on a whopper here. Take some "me" time every once in a while. Life's too short, so enjoy it while you can.

Pat I sure hope you find out about your mom soon. The waiting is the hardest part especially when you aren't there. I think having the family to do a walk for a cause, whatever it be is good family time. The kids will always remember it and know that they are part of something much bigger.

Rhonda how was the wedding? And how was the retail therapy? We had a soggy day yesterday and a bit soggy this morning. Tomorrow is supposed to be 77*

Paula it is a hard decision to have such a big surgery. You know you are going to need help for a least a week. And most of that week, you'll be snowed with pain killers. Boy you are busy. Have fun!

Hi Nancy and Laurie!

Well tomorrow is the big day. Bright and early and get it over with. Thank you so much for all the prayers. With all of those prayers, I think it will be good news. How can it not be? I am not really worried about it. Angry? Yes! But there isn't much I can do about it except let the doctors do what they thing is right. They do take really good care of me.

I have been really really busy with taking over the social media and working on the upgrades for the website. That combined with my usual job of finances, has given me almost no free time. I did go to Zumba this morning. Well I believe I am caught up for now except for payroll and bills. I have a meeting with a marketing specialist on Wednesday that should be interesting. Hopefully she can give me some good tips.

Now I am off to an HOA meeting. We are fighting a Target being built in our neighborhood so this is an emergency meeting. Just what I want to do tonight. NOT!
I_M_BLEST Offline
#2236 Posted : Monday, April 29, 2013 3:30:24 PM(UTC)
I_M_BLEST

Carrie, sounds like you are ready (well...as ready as possible) for tomorrow. I will pray for a good outcome, peace for you and steady hands and a sharp mind for the Dr.
Sorry, you have to go to the meeting tonight. They are trying to put a Wal-mart in Whitehall (where our cottage is) Many people are really trying to stop it. I think it would be handy but it would hurt the small independent places that are there.

Pat, hope you got your errands ran. Did you ever get in for hairapy?

This afternoon, Cathy drug me out to have a ion foot bath thing. Supposed to pull the toxins from you body. It was...interesting.
Tomorrow the cleaners are coming so I have to pick up a bit.
imnchghere Offline
#2237 Posted : Tuesday, April 30, 2013 6:57:56 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

good morning. Keeping lots of positive vibes and prayers going this morning for Carrie. Wub

It's another dreary day here with off and on rain. I will be inside and hopefully productive. Didn't get much done yesterday and I am disappointed in myself. I just keep pushing the cards aside and I also keep avoiding getting back to the purging/tossing.

Paula, did your feet feel better after the de-tox soak? I have seen some of those on pinterest.
I did get hairapy last Friday. She did the back shorter this time, so it doesn't curl up.
What are you up to today?

Carrie, I agree on the walks being a family memory. Kristen's kids were with with their Dad, and they were very disappointed they were going to miss it. Hoping the Autism walk this year will be on a weekend they are with Kristen. We do have a couple we can choose from. They are in the fall.
I hope you get some good tips tomorrow from the marketing person. Once you get a handle on things, maybe you will have some free time for yourself.

Well, I am going to get off the computer and go for a bike ride. Then I am going to try to work on the cards. Thank you cards first and then the just because.
Jim also asked for a pot of veggie soup, so I am going to get that going.
Have a great day everyone.

QtnSasyCarrie Offline
#2238 Posted : Tuesday, April 30, 2013 11:21:23 AM(UTC)
QtnSasyCarrie

Thanks so very much Pat. And thank you all for all the prayers. The procedure wasn't bad. It didn't hurt as bad as 2 years ago anyway. Now for the wait. I think that's the hardest part. If it wasn't for the fact that it is in the exact same area as 10 years ago, I think I would feel better. However, this time scares me! The doctors are pretty positive and think it's nothing but then they did 10 years ago too.

Pat I sure hope the kids get to be with you for the walk this fall. I really think that is an awesome tradition. Maybe Dad should join in with them. Ok I know don't go there!

Paula Need details on your foot detox. Sounds interesting an like it would go hand in hand with reflexology.

Well I best get back to work. It is absolutely gorgeous outside. Sunny and warm! Maybe if I get some of my work done I can play for a while. I also need to find time to get the house cleaned up. Parents and brother arriving Thursday night for the weekend. DS Jon plays in the NCAC championship this weekend and cheering enforcements will be here. He is excited especially after last weeks tournament. He took 3rd overall and should have done better but couldn't putt to save his life. LOL
Flee57 Offline
#2239 Posted : Tuesday, April 30, 2013 2:25:00 PM(UTC)
Flee57

Hello everyone! I have come up for air!

Things are going well. The sign will be up Wed evening. Our house is now in the multiple listing service. Not online yet dure to pics. I am taking them myself because it's a process. We are moving things from room to room now to get pics. Once the yard sale is over we will be good to go. right now in the scraproom I am set up for the yard sale. It is supposed to be rainy Thurs and Fri but I will have most everything in the house. So, it's all good. I posted a pic of my scraproom all empty except for a few things and it won't post to FB. Frustrating! I will post here so you guys can see once and for all...a clean scrap room LOL

WE ARE READY!

Carrie you have been in my thoughts and prayers!

Lizzy, sorry about Terry's arm. i saw that you called me yesterday. Sorry, my phone has been everywhere in the house and I found it under a pile. You take care of yourself too!

Pat, I saw the pics from the walk. That's sad that your Grandkids couldn't walk with you. You would think their Dad would make an exception. Hopefully the can do the Autism walk.

Paula, you have been so busy!

Rhonda and Nancy, I hope all is well.

Gotta go back to the cleaning. At least the purging stuff is done!

Later!
Flee57 Offline
#2240 Posted : Tuesday, April 30, 2013 2:31:03 PM(UTC)
Flee57

Oh, my computer froze and I thought I lost that last post and I wouldn't hae had the energy to do it over LOL Wanted to share some photos.

File Attachment(s):
DSC_0115.JPG (1,552kb) downloaded 18 time(s).
DSC_0117.JPG (1,564kb) downloaded 19 time(s).
DSC_0150.JPG (1,535kb) downloaded 12 time(s).
DSC_0153.JPG (1,543kb) downloaded 12 time(s).
DSC_0159.JPG (1,297kb) downloaded 12 time(s).
DSC_0165.JPG (1,578kb) downloaded 65 time(s).
DSC_0162.JPG (1,480kb) downloaded 12 time(s).
DSC_0186.JPG (1,593kb) downloaded 14 time(s).
DSC_0197.JPG (1,599kb) downloaded 15 time(s).
DSC_0203.JPG (1,523kb) downloaded 15 time(s).
Flee57 Offline
#2241 Posted : Tuesday, April 30, 2013 2:39:00 PM(UTC)
Flee57

I just posted some pics of the progress so far. Kit and lr had no changes except for new handles on cabinets , new faucet and an awesome red door! The scraproom was white. I really love the new color. The little bedroom was white. I love the shade of gray in there now. These are the pics I have for the realtor so far.
Nancycs Offline
#2242 Posted : Tuesday, April 30, 2013 4:00:24 PM(UTC)
Nancycs

Good evening!

I can't believe it has been so long since I posted.

Carrie you are in my prayers for a positive outcome of the biopsy. The dock we got is a roll in dock. It has cedar planks. We will be reinforcing it some before we put it in. (When the ice melts!)

Laurie I love the red door! I think that was a great choice! I hope it sells quickly. When will you move to start looking for a job and apartment?

Pat we will be getting rain tomorrow (as well as snow!) Were you as productive as you wanted to be?

Paula please do tell about you foot detox? Sound interesting. No it is not snowing...YET. That will come tomorrow night, and I am not joking!Angry

Lizzy so sorry about Terry's arm. It is good it wasn't more serious though.

Rhonda how was the wedding? Did you enjoy your lunch and retail therapy??

Well we have had beautiful weather since late last week and we have been outside morning and afternoon. That will all change tomorrow with rain and 40*. Tomorrow night will be snow and then more snow into Thursday. We had such nice weather and now this again! I just want it to be done!

Well we got the dock to the property. We will do some reinforcing of some of the welds and then adding boards underneath to accommodate heavy people if the boards weaken at all. (FIL had that happen).

I beter fo see how the grill is doing. WE taking advantage of the nice weather and grilling some steaks.

Have a great evening!
Flee57 Offline
#2243 Posted : Tuesday, April 30, 2013 4:28:26 PM(UTC)
Flee57

Nancy, I can't believe you are still dealing with snow!

I have been looking at apartments in the Orlando area for about a month now. I want to narrow it down to 10 that we would like to see. A lot of them have dog parks right on the property so that's a plus. I've also found only a handful that don't take dogs. We also need a lower level because Sadie is having a hard time with stairs and we don't want that to turn into a problem. I am looking in Orlando but also in Tampa, Winter Park and Altamonte Springs. We will do more on the job front once we close...then we'll know when we will be going down there...30 days later. If one of us can hook up with a job before the 30 days, one of us will go down first. We are wanting to sign a 1 year lease and pay for the whole year up front so we at least won't worry about the rent LOL I am so looking forward to downsizing.
rm920 Offline
#2244 Posted : Tuesday, April 30, 2013 7:30:44 PM(UTC)
rm920

Hello all..

Carrie, keeping my fingers crossed for you. Sounds like DS will have a great cheering section at the tournament this weekend.

Laurie, looks like you are ready for a buyer! Hope the yard sale goes great this weekend and you get an offer real soon. The pics look great.

Pat, looks like all had a good time at the MOD walk. Too bad the grands could not enjoy it with you, but I know how that works. Have you heard any more about your mother. Good idea to be ready with your family history information whenever you do go.

Lizzy, I agree with Carrie! I hope you are taking some time for yourself. All of your projects can be overwhelming. Have you heard from the pest control company?

Nancy, isn't this weather something!!?? We had 80's yesterday and today and have a chance for snow on Thursday. Not sure what will come next?

The wedding went well. It was a bit different. The groom is a native american. So there were a few things done differently. But a very nice wedding and nice to spend time with family.

Sunday, we did go to Topeka and had lunch. Did a bit of shopping but didn't get anything. I didn't even go to a craft store. I am trying to use what I have before I buy more.

Last night I mowed the yard. Hard to believe it may be covered with snow later this week.
lizzyea Offline
#2245 Posted : Tuesday, April 30, 2013 10:37:16 PM(UTC)
lizzyea

Hi friends....

Laurie, the pictures of your house have it looking really great! Good for you guys! I think the color in the scraproom looks pretty nice, too!

Rhonda, I'm glad you enjoyed the wedding and your "girl-time", too. Good for you for not spending any money on scrapping supplies - and your working on using up what you already have!

Carrie, how long do you have to wait to get the results of the biopsy? I hope that you have a good visit with your parents and brother and that the golf tournament is a success this weekend!

Pat, so glad the MOD Walk was a good one. Hopefully, you can coordinate the date of the Autism Walk with the weekend visitation. How was your vegetable soup? Was it homemade?

Paula, you have been an incredibly busy! Sometimes, I wonder how you do it!!

Nancy, your dock sounds very interesting. Will you leave it in the lake? Do you own the property where you will put the dock? Please explain it to me.

I am exhausted from just working two days...along with dealing with the house! So far, I've had to verbally tussle with the granite installers (some sort of miscommunication about the granite - I think the woman decided I was taking too long to select the granite so she did it herself - and then realized she shouldn't have done that so she had to back off); Terminix (I'm still not finished with that one); and then continue to stay on top of coordinating everything else.

Today, the young men we've hired to help us came over for three hours and I was amazed at how much we got done with their help. For all intents and purposes, our bedroom, and the girls' bedrooms are packed and done. The bonus room still has some stuff to pack and move out, maybe six boxes worth of items. I am going to have to make a box to contain a couple of Kat's very large items, though. Once I've done that, the rest of it should go pretty fast. We moved a shelf unit into the garage that she is going to take and now I can put some things for her right onto that shelf! Yeah!! The guys even unloaded quite a few of the kitchen cupboards for me. I was able to divide up some of those items into what I am keeping, what I am giving to Kat, and what I am giving away. My plan is only to have things in my kitchen cupboards that I do not intend to keep so that when it is time for us to move, I can merely throw whatever dishes are in my cupboards away! DONE!

My car is loaded with items I am giving to a woman at school to sell at her yard sale. I'm giving her household items plus a desk. I hope she can use all this stuff! I guess she will come to school and get the stuff. I'm going to tell her if there's anything she doesn't want, to leave it in the car and I'll just drive it to the nearest Goodwill donation place and drop it off.

I am holding my own these days. I generally feel OK....still very sad about my brother...another time I will write more why I am so sad about my brother's death.

Work is exhausting....as I said earlier....partly because we do our state testing in 1.5 weeks. I feel the nasty pressure. I hate the pressure. And, I'm sure if I feel the nastiness of the pressure, the students must, as well. It's just awful. Yeech! I need to relax a bit about it. I think I'm feeling it because some of my colleagues are feeling it and sharing it with me and instead of me just staying more calm, their stress is rubbing off on me. Anyway, I got cranky this afternoon...especially when my computer didn't want to work properly.

Anyway, enough of my yakking here...everyone take care. I'll try to check in tomorrow.

imnchghere Offline
#2246 Posted : Wednesday, May 01, 2013 6:13:46 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

good morning. So good to see everyone checking in and all the good reports.
Nancy (and Rhonda), I am really sorry to hear about snow in May. Jim's cousin is near Denver and he said they are getting some snow also. Nancy, at least you were able to get the kids out for a few days. At least after having some mild weather, nothing should stick for more than a day.

Carrie, I hope the results come back in your favor. Will keep up the prayers. Is Jon normally a decent putter? Hope he does well this weekend.

Laurie, the house is looking good and I hope you get some interest this weekend and the house sells quickly. I too, like the red door. I keep toying with that idea for ours, but just not sure. I would have to get HOA approval, but given that our house is white with black shutters, it would likely be approved.
Kristen could have swapped weekends with her ex, but they don't normally do that unless it is for something really important. After 7 years, we have all just adjusted to how things might be.

Lizzy, I actually made cabbage soup with extra veggies. Jim loves it. There is enough for a couple more meals.
That is great the *helper bees* you hired were/are productive. All that youthful energy. I am going to hire the kid across the street to climb up on our roof and remove the DirecTV dish. Jim isn't crazy about climbing up there and it just needs to come down.
I have a lot of friends on FB who are teachers, who are not happy about all this testing. They want to spend the time teaching. I guess the testing is important for some reasons, but because I haven't had kids in school for 20 yrs, I am out of the loop. Anyway, I hope the next week and a half go quickly.

Paula, I saw on FB, you had a visitor last night. I hope you can find the owner.
I did a search for the foot detox soak on Pinterest. Lots of them there. epsom salts, baking soda and essential oils I think. Much the same as the detox baths. Might have to give one a try. Interesting.

Well, it is time for me to get on the bike and then get back to the TY cards and Just because. I got the TY almost finished last night. I also need to vacuum and dust the family room. I would like to move the furniture around, but not sure if I can do it by myself.
Hope everyone has a great day.

QtnSasyCarrie Offline
#2247 Posted : Wednesday, May 01, 2013 10:23:25 AM(UTC)
QtnSasyCarrie

BigGrin NOT CANCERBigGrin

Thanks so much for all the thoughts, kind words, finger crossings and prayers. They worked!
And thanks bunch loads for being there for me. I don't think I've ever been this afraid of anything.
imnchghere Offline
#2248 Posted : Wednesday, May 01, 2013 10:35:00 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

Love Love YEA!!!!! Love Love
Nancycs Offline
#2249 Posted : Wednesday, May 01, 2013 11:11:08 AM(UTC)
Nancycs

Carrie that is super news!! I am so happy for you! BigGrin

Laurie it sounds like you have a plan in place for the move. You have a few places to look into. Have you been to all of those towns so you know you would like them all?

Rhonda our grass is barely starting to turn green. Mowing is ways off for us yet. I am not looking forward to the snow we will be getting tonight.

Lizzy It sounds like you are close on your house getting on the market as well. The dock is in one piece and then it has wheels on the base so we just roll it into the water. It will stay in all summer but has to come out in the winter because of the ice and how it shifts. It would ruin the dock.

Pat I am also sorry about the snow. Some areas north of here will get over 6 inches. We will get 1-4". Like you said it won't stick long.

So besides the cold rainy soon to be snowy weather there isn't a lot new here.

I am going to go look at the Silhouette online store as there shapes are half price through tomorrow.

Happy May Day!
I_M_BLEST Offline
#2250 Posted : Wednesday, May 01, 2013 12:04:57 PM(UTC)
I_M_BLEST

HURRAY CARRIE!!!
Love hearing that good news. Love
I am glad you got the results so fast too. (I bet it didn't seem fast to you. Bored )
Now you can just have a great weekend with your family!!! BigGrin

A few of you have asked about the ion foot detox. I googled it and a lot of the info available says it is a big scam. Some people say it has helped them. So....don't think I will be spending any more $$s on it until it is proven for me.

I did the new house today. (it is now my every Wed. job) They had family in last weekend so this is the first time I went upstairs.....OH MY OH MY!!! There are four bedrooms, four baths and a bonus room. It was huge and I didn't finish it. I will do the rest next week. I just love how it is decorated, simple, clean look. I could live up there. hehe

Laurie, you house is looking great! NO CLUTTER!!! :) You have been working really hard. I love how big your scrapping room is.

Yes Pat, I noticed a dog running around our house towards evening and didn't think too much about it. Then around 11 I saw it on our porch behind a loveseat. Needless to say, Abby went nuts. I went out and read it's tags, no phone #. A vet's name from NC and a Berrien County dog tag. It was out there all night and every now and then Abby and her would bark at each other. I got up around two and put Abby in our room which didn't last long because she was pacing and whining. This morning when Berrien County Animal Control opened I called and asked if a dog had been reported missing. A guy had just called reporting it and he came and picked her up. It was from a road across Lincoln Ave. Glad it didn't get squashed on the road!!

This has taken too long to type and I need to get in the shower. I am T.C. for Miss SW MI for a speaking engagement tonight. It is about a half hour away so I need to get an early start.