Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

HappyScrapper!! Offline
#1 Posted : Monday, April 22, 2013 12:11:37 PM(UTC)
HappyScrapper!!

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 43 time(s) in 25 post(s)
I just got off the line with customer service about my dying Imagine.
I did mention in the conversation that I had a Gypsy.
When I asked the customer service representative what I should do with all the imagine cartridges, she told me to sell them even though they are Gypsy linked?
So has anyone else heard from PC that it is OK, to sell linked cartridges or did I get bum info?

Edited by user Monday, April 22, 2013 12:13:58 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

MariaReyes1 Offline
#2 Posted : Monday, April 22, 2013 12:37:32 PM(UTC)
MariaReyes1

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 1780 time(s) in 1466 post(s)
I don't think the Imagine cartridges link into the Gypsy like regular cartridges do. You can remove them from the Gypsy plus the cartridge has to be in the machine to cut.Someone correct me if I am wrong.
Ken's Kreations Offline
#3 Posted : Monday, April 22, 2013 1:12:55 PM(UTC)
Ken's Kreations

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 1949 time(s) in 499 post(s)
I concur.
TammyPuckett Offline
#4 Posted : Monday, April 22, 2013 1:14:04 PM(UTC)
TammyPuckett

Was thanked: 327 time(s) in 189 post(s)
The Imagine cartridges link just like the regular cartridges do. I haven't asked about selling the carts now that they are linked! I think I will hang on to mine jsut in case!
GracefulGrammar Offline
#5 Posted : Monday, April 22, 2013 1:17:29 PM(UTC)
GracefulGrammar

Was thanked: 1778 time(s) in 845 post(s)
Originally Posted by: HappyScrapper!! Go to Quoted Post
I just got off the line with customer service about my dying Imagine.
I did mention in the conversation that I had a Gypsy.
When I asked the customer service representative what I should do with all the imagine cartridges, she told me to sell them even though they are Gypsy linked?
So has anyone else heard from PC that it is OK, to sell linked cartridges or did I get bum info?

When you link an Imagine Cart to the Gypsy, it's my understanding, that wasn't permanent. The linking process didn't write to the imagine cartridge. I would definitely call and get some clarification! My understanding is the only way you can permanently link an imagine cart is through CCR......

When I linked my gypsy the other night through CCR, it didn't link my Imagine carts installed om my Gypsy. Please post the clarification you receive from PC....... TIA

MaryStillman Offline
#6 Posted : Monday, April 22, 2013 5:31:13 PM(UTC)
MaryStillman

Was thanked: 1241 time(s) in 788 post(s)
But, that does bring up a good question. Now that the gypsy is no longer being produced, what do you do with your linked carts if your gypsy breaks and you don't repair it, and you don't use CCR or have the carts linked to CCR.

I'm guessing at that point it should be okay to sell the carts.

Just wondering.

Mary
CricutGena Offline
#7 Posted : Monday, April 22, 2013 7:53:24 PM(UTC)
CricutGena

Was thanked: 995 time(s) in 317 post(s)
Hello everyone, you can not sell linked cartridges. It is against the EULA agreement that you agreed to when you linked the cartridge. I breaks the copyright agreement, and is not allowed. I hope this answers your question.

-Cricut Gena
 1 user thanked CricutGena for this useful post.
St.Kittsscrapper on 4/24/2013(UTC)
CherylfromOz Offline
#8 Posted : Tuesday, April 23, 2013 9:30:36 PM(UTC)
CherylfromOz

Australia

Was thanked: 249 time(s) in 154 post(s)
Originally Posted by: CricutGena Go to Quoted Post
Hello everyone, you can not sell linked cartridges. It is against the EULA agreement that you agreed to when you linked the cartridge. I breaks the copyright agreement, and is not allowed. I hope this answers your question.

-Cricut Gena

what about those whose gypsies have died and who do not want to use CCR, why are we still stuck with the EULA, you need to come up with a way for us to unlink our cartridges.
xcountrymom Offline
#9 Posted : Wednesday, April 24, 2013 10:16:14 AM(UTC)
xcountrymom

Was thanked: 38 time(s) in 36 post(s)
Originally Posted by: CricutGena Go to Quoted Post

-Cricut Gena

What about those of us, like me unfortunately, that have a dead Gypsy (in my case it's the black screen/blue light of death). I have no desire to use CCR and never even downloaded it, I just don't want to have to be hooked up to the internet to craft. What are we supposed to do??? I really don't think it's fair to punish us because of a faulty Gypsy.
GrammySue Offline
#10 Posted : Wednesday, April 24, 2013 11:26:05 AM(UTC)
GrammySue

Was thanked: 128 time(s) in 100 post(s)
I really believe that it is only fair that if the Gypsy is discontinued we should be able to unlink our cartridges. To me it isn't fair for us to have to be stuck with the EULA agreement and Provocraft can do what ever they want. They should have to make a newer version Gypsy that we can download our carts to so we can use the portable machine without the computer. Or We should be able to sell them. I love all of my Cricut products and my Gypsy but as with the Imagine it not fair that we are stuck with with carts that can't be used on another machine.
There are a lot of us that are very loyal to PC. I am one of those people. I have 5 Cricut Machine, Gypsy, Cuttlebug, Your Story and tones of carts. I believe that PC should be loyal to their loyal customers.
 1 user thanked GrammySue for this useful post.
xcountrymom on 4/24/2013(UTC)
Leahdax Offline
#11 Posted : Wednesday, April 24, 2013 11:47:17 AM(UTC)
Leahdax

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
United States

Was thanked: 354 time(s) in 253 post(s)
Originally Posted by: xcountrymom Go to Quoted Post
What about those of us, like me unfortunately, that have a dead Gypsy (in my case it's the black screen/blue light of death). I have no desire to use CCR and never even downloaded it, I just don't want to have to be hooked up to the internet to craft. What are we supposed to do??? I really don't think it's fair to punish us because of a faulty Gypsy.

PC now has a repair program for the Gypsy. You can get it fixed. Just go to the Cricut.com shop page. Select Other Products, then Gypsy, then Gypsy Repair. Here's the link

Gypsy Repair
 1 user thanked Leahdax for this useful post.
xcountrymom on 4/24/2013(UTC)
TammyPuckett Offline
#12 Posted : Wednesday, April 24, 2013 12:12:28 PM(UTC)
TammyPuckett

Was thanked: 327 time(s) in 189 post(s)
Gypsies can now be fixed remember!
Jenkins.Hartleya681d4ae Offline
#13 Posted : Wednesday, April 24, 2013 6:40:26 PM(UTC)
Jenkins.Hartleya681d4ae

Thank You...I was just about to give up on PC!
CherylfromOz Offline
#14 Posted : Thursday, April 25, 2013 1:15:03 AM(UTC)
CherylfromOz

Australia

Was thanked: 249 time(s) in 154 post(s)
Originally Posted by: TammyPuckett Go to Quoted Post
Gypsies can now be fixed remember!

and what if you have tossed it because it died before they were able to be repaired
Scrapbooknut2002 Offline
#15 Posted : Thursday, April 25, 2013 10:30:00 AM(UTC)
Scrapbooknut2002

Was thanked: 165 time(s) in 108 post(s)
What about those of us who have had Gypsys that have died since this last update and cannot afford to "fix" the Gypsy through PC. We have to pay for shipping back and for and then pay for whatever they say is wrong with it. I just want my cartridges to be mine again. My Gypsy no longer works, so how am I breaking the EULA agreement if i can't use a cartridge that is linked to an unusable Gypsy because of an update that PC had us do to our Gypsys? Either the EULA should be changed or they should unlink our carts from our Gypsys. I asked them to unlink my cartridges from my dead Gypsy and this is the answer I got back from CS:

"I apologize for the delay getting back to you. Unfortunately, I am unable to unlink those from your account. If you can register those cartridges and send over a screenshot of those registered cartridges, I can get them added to your Cricut Craft Room account and you can access those through the computer? Please let me know if there is anything else that I can do for you."

If they could be added to Craft Room, why can't they unlink them permanently? Very frustrating. I like the stuff I have. But, more and more I am not liking how they are doing business.
scrapalette Offline
#16 Posted : Thursday, April 25, 2013 1:39:22 PM(UTC)
scrapalette

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 18875 time(s) in 8417 post(s)
Because the carts are not "unlinked" when they are activated in CCR. The cutting rights to those images are added but that does not unlink the cart. When you link a cart with a Gypsy, the process writes the serial number of the Gypsy onto the programming in that cart. There isn't a process to "unwrite" the serial number from the cart.

And, I'm not sure if it's even possible to write a program that would wipe out one piece of info on a cart without wiping out all of the info {ie: the images} on that cart.
MaryStillman Offline
#17 Posted : Thursday, April 25, 2013 4:52:38 PM(UTC)
MaryStillman

Was thanked: 1241 time(s) in 788 post(s)
Originally Posted by: scrapalette Go to Quoted Post
And, I'm not sure if it's even possible to write a program that would wipe out one piece of info on a cart without wiping out all of the info {ie: the images} on that cart.

Of course that is possible. However, I can see PC's dilemma regarding unlinking carts. Can you imagine a defective program that might render the cartridges useless (wipe out all the data). I don't imagine that licensed carts that PC no longer has a license to produce could be replaced, even though it would be PC's fault. No license, no recovery of the data and it would be lost forever, such as Hello Kitty.

I've thought about this a lot, and since everything that PC does is so buggy, I'm not sure I would unlink cartridges. When the gypsy breaks and cannot be repaired, I'll just sell the carts and the broken gypsy.

I don't use CCR, it's too buggy for me. Unless there becomes a desktop stand alone version, I won't be using it and have not linked carts to it.

JMHO

Mary