Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

Leahdax Offline
#1 Posted : Thursday, April 25, 2013 2:12:25 PM(UTC)
Leahdax

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
United States

Was thanked: 354 time(s) in 253 post(s)
I don't shop on cricut.com very often, so I don't really track the prices. Earlier this week, before the new sale kicked in, PC has some lite and seasonal carts listed for $14.99, but they weren't list as being on sale. No blue banner in the upper left corner, no orange line thru the regular price with the sale price listed below. Just one price showing. So, last night when I check the site most of those carts that were $14.99 are now $29.99. They doubled the price. If I had know that they jerk the prices around like that I would have bought the carts when they are $14.99.

I called PC this morning and they said that they basically change the prices whenever they want to and that if you see a good price on something you should get it. So, basically there's no regular price, it's just whatever they want to charge "this week". That's just wrong.
Jooniper Offline
#2 Posted : Thursday, April 25, 2013 3:05:36 PM(UTC)
Jooniper

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 873 time(s) in 631 post(s)
They might have upped the prices for the upcoming sale, which if it is 50% off then it would knock the Lites back down to $15.
 2 users thanked Jooniper for this useful post.
JanisD on 4/26/2013(UTC), Leahdax on 4/26/2013(UTC)
jscraftylady Offline
#3 Posted : Thursday, April 25, 2013 6:06:28 PM(UTC)
jscraftylady

Was thanked: 2287 time(s) in 1227 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Jooniper Go to Quoted Post
They might have upped the prices for the upcoming sale, which if it is 50% off then it would knock the Lites back down to $15.

Oh that is dirty and a huge pet peeve of mine. I hope that is not the case because that would about do it for me spending money at Cricut.com.
 1 user thanked jscraftylady for this useful post.
Leahdax on 4/26/2013(UTC)
MaryStillman Offline
#4 Posted : Thursday, April 25, 2013 6:38:23 PM(UTC)
MaryStillman

Was thanked: 1241 time(s) in 788 post(s)
I checked some of the prices of carts that I know are $14.99 not on sale, and those carts are $14.99, so I don't think they have raised the prices to put on sale at normal prices. I think that might be illegal anyway.

I'm sure it is a legitimate sale and it's going to be fun to do some midnight at least looking if I don't purchase anything.

Mary
 1 user thanked MaryStillman for this useful post.
Terriski Offline
#5 Posted : Thursday, April 25, 2013 6:47:26 PM(UTC)
Terriski

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 901 time(s) in 557 post(s)
I hear you but I will say I noticed a few little patterns.

1) Normally the sales run from Thursday to Wednesday - they seem to change sale items on Wednesday.

2) They seem to put the items on sale for seaonal. They previouslly had the digital cartridges on sale that were Easter a couple of weeks before Easter. They also did that with Christmas.

Sorry it changed w/o warningBored but hopefully you can find what your looking for on sale soon. Looks like a "Midnight" sale will be starting tomorrow evening..

Good luck.

1 user thanked Terriski for this useful post.
Leahdax Offline
#6 Posted : Thursday, April 25, 2013 7:23:21 PM(UTC)
Leahdax

United States

Was thanked: 354 time(s) in 253 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Terriski Go to Quoted Post
I hear you but I will say I noticed a few little patterns.

1) Normally the sales run from Thursday to Wednesday - they seem to change sale items on Wednesday.

2) They seem to put the items on sale for seaonal. They previouslly had the digital cartridges on sale that were Easter a couple of weeks before Easter. They also did that with Christmas.

Sorry it changed w/o warningBored but hopefully you can find what your looking for on sale soon. Looks like a "Midnight" sale will be starting tomorrow evening..

Good luck.

Yeah, I know they do that, and I don't have a problem with it. But, the carts I'm talking about were not listed as being on sale. They were listed as though it were the regular price. Then they changed the regular price. So you end up not really knowing what the regular price actually is. There doesn't seem to be any logic to it. I think it's a poor way for a business to treat its customers . I hope that midnight madness sale puts the carts I want back at $14.99, cause I'm not spending any more than that on them.
married05 Offline
#7 Posted : Friday, April 26, 2013 3:37:53 AM(UTC)
married05

Was thanked: 232 time(s) in 198 post(s)
Animal Kingdom was $11.99 when the $20 Gypsy credit was given out. I debated waiting but went ahead and bought the digital copy. Lo and behold now the price has doubled! You guys are right though, I'm sure a lot of these that doubled in price will go on "sale" tonight....
 1 user thanked married05 for this useful post.
Tina E Offline
#8 Posted : Friday, April 26, 2013 5:42:12 AM(UTC)
Tina E

Was thanked: 438 time(s) in 114 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Jooniper Go to Quoted Post

I hope they don't do this, because it is illegal
 1 user thanked Tina E for this useful post.
jscraftylady Offline
#9 Posted : Friday, April 26, 2013 7:07:12 AM(UTC)
jscraftylady

Originally Posted by: MaryStillman Go to Quoted Post
I checked some of the prices of carts that I know are $14.99 not on sale, and those carts are $14.99, so I don't think they have raised the prices to put on sale at normal prices. I think that might be illegal anyway.

I'm sure it is a legitimate sale and it's going to be fun to do some midnight at least looking if I don't purchase anything.

Mary

Well, I checked the carts that were listed as $14.99 when the $20 credit came out to figure out which I would get and ALL the ones I was interested in are now doubled in price. All the carts I bought when the $50 apology credit was handed out were listed as $14.99 and not flagged as "on sale" and every single one of them is now doubled in price. This sure does smell bad.ThumbDown
melodylanedesigns Offline
#10 Posted : Friday, April 26, 2013 9:45:07 AM(UTC)
melodylanedesigns

Was thanked: 1869 time(s) in 924 post(s)
Originally Posted by: jscraftylady Go to Quoted Post
Well, I checked the carts that were listed as $14.99 when the $20 credit came out to figure out which I would get and ALL the ones I was interested in are now doubled in price. All the carts I bought when the $50 apology credit was handed out were listed as $14.99 and not flagged as "on sale" and every single one of them is now doubled in price. This sure does smell bad.ThumbDown

But we know $14.99 is a sale because they have never started out as $14.99 and I am sure it will be back to that soon. Like most stores if they do a 50% off sale it is normally %50 off regular price. Lites carts always start out at $39.99 I think.
 1 user thanked melodylanedesigns for this useful post.
jscraftylady Offline
#11 Posted : Friday, April 26, 2013 10:00:04 AM(UTC)
jscraftylady

Originally Posted by: melodylanedesigns Go to Quoted Post
But we know $14.99 is a sale because they have never started out as $14.99 and I am sure it will be back to that soon. Like most stores if they do a 50% off sale it is normally %50 off regular price. Lites carts always start out at $39.99 I think.

These older Lites have been listed as $14.99 for the digital carts since at least December when I first started looking at them with no "On Sale" banner. In all honesty, I thought that was their regular price, as I believe the OP did, too. They were listed as one price for nearly 5 months with no indication it was a sale price so I feel justified in believing that.

I am sure it is no coincidence that the price was raised right as they announce a big sale. Now those who do not shop often on Cricut.com can be wowed by a $14.99 (or whatever it will be) price tag during the sale not knowing that could have been paying that same price all along. If that's the route they are taking, I call that dirty business.
jscraftylady Offline
#12 Posted : Friday, April 26, 2013 7:56:25 PM(UTC)
jscraftylady

FB announcement says the sale is 30% off digital stuff. So, yeah I should have gotten those Lites at their "other" regular price. Grrrrrr.........Mad
scrapalette Offline
#13 Posted : Friday, April 26, 2013 8:24:03 PM(UTC)
scrapalette

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 18931 time(s) in 8447 post(s)
There have been several teasers on FB:

Cricut - The Official Page!
Prom season is upon us-- remember all those Special Occasion moments for us $9.99 at the Cricut Midnight Madness sale! Starts in one hour!

Does your mother love pink? Then don’t be late to the Midnight Maddness sale! Only 50 Pink Expression machines at an incredible price… once they’re gone, they’re gone!

Get ready to go mad! Crazy Cricut pricing and many one-time-only deals!

www.cricut.com

Midnight Madness Pricing: 12:00 AM to 4:00AM (EST) (10:00PM to 2:00AM MST)

24 Hour Deep Discount Pricing: 2:01AM to 2:00AM MST
 1 user thanked scrapalette for this useful post.
gonescrappin' on 4/26/2013(UTC)