Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

JanisD Offline
#1 Posted : Thursday, April 25, 2013 1:07:30 PM(UTC)
JanisD

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 1311 time(s) in 1006 post(s)
Just wondering if anyone is making the Mini Love Book in CCR? It's the freebie this week, looks so tiny though. I downloaded the cut file but the cuts looks so small & don't know if I want to bother with it or not....

Cute but small. LOL

Janis
Bugsy2 Offline
#2 Posted : Thursday, April 25, 2013 1:11:24 PM(UTC)
Bugsy2

Was thanked: 450 time(s) in 320 post(s)
It does look pretty tiny doesn't it??
 1 user thanked Bugsy2 for this useful post.
JanisD on 4/25/2013(UTC)
JanisD Offline
#3 Posted : Thursday, April 25, 2013 1:18:25 PM(UTC)
JanisD

United States

Originally Posted by: Bugsy2 Go to Quoted Post
It does look pretty tiny doesn't it??

Yes, it does & I am trying to see the dimensions in the example that cricut made in the Project Center. So far I can't really see the size.
When looking in CCR looks to be just over 3" when folded...At least according to how they made it.

Janis :)
Bugsy2 Offline
#4 Posted : Thursday, April 25, 2013 1:27:46 PM(UTC)
Bugsy2

Originally Posted by: ~JD~ Go to Quoted Post
Yes, it does & I am trying to see the dimensions in the example that cricut made in the Project Center. So far I can't really see the size.
When looking in CCR looks to be just over 3" when folded...At least according to how they made it.

Janis :)

I used one of the projects from Mini Books to make a little book for my niece. I printed tiny photos and put them on the pages. She absolutely loved it. So did my mom.

JanisD on 4/25/2013(UTC)
JanisD Offline
#5 Posted : Thursday, April 25, 2013 1:32:23 PM(UTC)
JanisD

United States

I used one of the projects from Mini Books to make a little book for my niece. I printed tiny photos and put them on the pages. She absolutely loved it. So did my mom.

I might try it later tonight when I have more time. :) Thanks & I bet your little book was cute. I just don't know what I'll do with it LOL.

TY Janis
CricketCMV Offline
#6 Posted : Thursday, April 25, 2013 7:45:11 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 8085 time(s) in 4730 post(s)
Janis - This is kind of OT, but I remember when our kids were growing up, they started making little books somewhere (maybe at preschool at our local YMCA). Our DS always wanted me to make up these little books for him to tell me his story. They are very minimalistic (I think that's a word), but he would cut pictures out of a magazine and I would staple them in the pages of the little book I had crudely stapled together at the center and he would tell me the story for me to write out. I have kept several of them. We started him bowling pretty young since his DD was very much into bowling. He cut out some bowling pins, a football field (probably from a catalog), a baseball bat and various things he knew something about. I love running across these little books from time to time (these were just made out of printer paper....again, very crude).

I plan to do this with our DGS (he's only 2-1/2 right now....I guess everyone on here probably knows how old he is; I tell everyone enough). I think it will be great fun to use MINIBOOKS and little boy papers, cut out a lot of shapes and things, send them to him (he lives 2200 miles away) and have him read his little books to me (while I'm here writing the captions on another minibook matching his). I have made up three letters so far telling of our adventures with him when we can see him in person. I plan on putting these little minibooks in with the letters for him to reread someday.

He was so cute on the phone with us last night (he hardly ever wants to say anything to us), but his Momma (which he calls her) told him to tell me "goodbye" and his little "goodbye, granddddma" was so cute. I told him "I love you, Lucas" and right away (I don't think his Momma prompted him) he said, "I wuv you, too"! He did the same thing with his grandpa.

Sorry, I really got OT. Maybe I should have done this somewhere else!! LOL.

Char

1 user thanked CricketCMV for this useful post.
joyfullycrafting on 4/28/2013(UTC)
scrapalette Offline
#7 Posted : Thursday, April 25, 2013 8:36:03 PM(UTC)
scrapalette

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 19019 time(s) in 8502 post(s)
A while back, I made a little album that's only 3 inches tall from a tutorial on SCS. It actually held a lot of photos and notes.

If you use the 12x24 mat, you could make the LOVE mini album larger.
 2 users thanked scrapalette for this useful post.
Scrappy_Vee on 4/27/2013(UTC), joyfullycrafting on 4/28/2013(UTC)
beamish27ee7064b9 Offline
#8 Posted : Thursday, April 25, 2013 9:32:10 PM(UTC)
beamish27ee7064b9

i was wondering if there was a video or something to show how to do this the instrction are not very clear that they posted
Bugsy2 Offline
#9 Posted : Friday, April 26, 2013 3:02:38 AM(UTC)
Bugsy2

Originally Posted by: CricketCMV Go to Quoted Post
Janis - This is kind of OT, but I remember when our kids were growing up, they started making little books somewhere (maybe at preschool at our local YMCA). Our DS always wanted me to make up these little books for him to tell me his story. They are very minimalistic (I think that's a word), but he would cut pictures out of a magazine and I would staple them in the pages of the little book I had crudely stapled together at the center and he would tell me the story for me to write out. I have kept several of them. We started him bowling pretty young since his DD was very much into bowling. He cut out some bowling pins, a football field (probably from a catalog), a baseball bat and various things he knew something about. I love running across these little books from time to time (these were just made out of printer paper....again, very crude).

I plan to do this with our DGS (he's only 2-1/2 right now....I guess everyone on here probably knows how old he is; I tell everyone enough). I think it will be great fun to use MINIBOOKS and little boy papers, cut out a lot of shapes and things, send them to him (he lives 2200 miles away) and have him read his little books to me (while I'm here writing the captions on another minibook matching his). I have made up three letters so far telling of our adventures with him when we can see him in person. I plan on putting these little minibooks in with the letters for him to reread someday.

He was so cute on the phone with us last night (he hardly ever wants to say anything to us), but his Momma (which he calls her) told him to tell me "goodbye" and his little "goodbye, granddddma" was so cute. I told him "I love you, Lucas" and right away (I don't think his Momma prompted him) he said, "I wuv you, too"! He did the same thing with his grandpa.

Sorry, I really got OT. Maybe I should have done this somewhere else!! LOL.

Char

Char, I don't think you are off topic at all!!!! It's all these little moments (like talking on the phone to your grandson) that can kick us into creativity mode!

CricketCMV on 4/26/2013(UTC)
Bugsy2 Offline
#10 Posted : Friday, April 26, 2013 3:06:15 AM(UTC)
Bugsy2

Originally Posted by: scrapalette Go to Quoted Post
A while back, I made a little album that's only 3 inches tall from a tutorial on SCS. It actually held a lot of photos and notes.

If you use the 12x24 mat, you could make the LOVE mini album larger.

Srapalette, that is so pretty!!!! I adore the little roses! Mother's Day is coming and I have some new pics just waiting to be printed. I could make my mom a very happy lady.

scrapalette on 4/28/2013(UTC)
scrapalette Offline
#11 Posted : Friday, April 26, 2013 4:21:56 AM(UTC)
scrapalette

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 19019 time(s) in 8502 post(s)
Srapalette, that is so pretty!!!! I adore the little roses! Mother's Day is coming and I have some new pics just waiting to be printed. I could make my mom a very happy lady.

Thanks! If you want to make those teeny tiny roses, I have a tutorial on my blog:

http://scrapalette.blogs...-tiny-rose-tutorial.html
 2 users thanked scrapalette for this useful post.
Bugsy2 on 4/26/2013(UTC), Havetoomuchstuff on 4/28/2013(UTC)
Scrappy_Vee Offline
#12 Posted : Saturday, April 27, 2013 11:49:31 PM(UTC)
Scrappy_Vee

New Zealand

Was thanked: 269 time(s) in 182 post(s)
I have just cut all the pieces to make this little book but I'm struggling to put it together. The instructions aren't clear for me.

It will be little when completed. About 3.5" x 3.5". Very cute!!

Has anyone completed one yet? Please post photos.
Scrappy_Vee Offline
#13 Posted : Sunday, April 28, 2013 12:20:36 AM(UTC)
Scrappy_Vee

New Zealand

Was thanked: 269 time(s) in 182 post(s)
Yay!! I'm not that thick after all. I managed to put the little book together. Blushing I'll post photos when I'm finnished embellishing.

Edited by user Sunday, April 28, 2013 12:21:54 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Dragonfly50 Offline
#14 Posted : Sunday, April 28, 2013 8:52:46 AM(UTC)
Dragonfly50

United States

Was thanked: 1221 time(s) in 728 post(s)
Remember this small size could easily be carried in a purse as a brag book.

I love the idea of doing this with a child.
It could be their own little smash book/journal.

When I was a little girl I used to cut out every picture I could of babies and little kiddos. I would glue them into handmade scrapbooks. Guess I was before the times because the one I have packed away looks remarkably like a smash book. lol

Another thought... they could be made for sticker books. My daughter loved collecting stickers and putting them in booklets I made for her.

Now I need to go check it out again to get a better look and see if I need to cut a bunch.

I have more ideas rolling around in my head now. lol
D-

Edited by user Sunday, April 28, 2013 8:53:50 AM(UTC)  | Reason: : )

1 user thanked Dragonfly50 for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 4/28/2013(UTC)
CricketCMV Offline
#15 Posted : Sunday, April 28, 2013 9:13:57 AM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 8085 time(s) in 4730 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Dragonfly50 Go to Quoted Post
Remember this small size could easily be carried in a purse as a brag book.

I love the idea of doing this with a child.
It could be their own little smash book/journal.

When I was a little girl I used to cut out every picture I could of babies and little kiddos. I would glue them into handmade scrapbooks. Guess I was before the times because the one I have packed away looks remarkably like a smash book. lol

Another thought... they could be made for sticker books. My daughter loved collecting stickers and putting them in booklets I made for her.

Now I need to go check it out again to get a better look and see if I need to cut a bunch.

I have more ideas rolling around in my head now. lol
D-

I love this idea of making it into a sticker book for the kids.

Char
joyfullycrafting Offline
#16 Posted : Sunday, April 28, 2013 9:20:14 AM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Was thanked: 1461 time(s) in 1166 post(s)
I bought the cartridge. I have only made practice books. They aren't very big, but cute.

I think the cart book kind of tells how to put them together. I would look for you all, but I am 900 miles from my cart right now!