Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

JanisD Offline
#1 Posted : Thursday, April 25, 2013 1:15:04 PM(UTC)
JanisD

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 8/28/2006(UTC)
Posts: 3,326
United States
Location: U.P. of Mich.

Thanks: 958 times
Was thanked: 1311 time(s) in 1006 post(s)
Below is a message I get frequently when I click on someones blog or a link in a post. This only happens here at cricut.com. Never happens to me anywhere else.
Does this happen to anyone else?

Thanks, Janis





"Internet Explorer has closed this webpage to help protect your computer

A malfunctioning or malicious add-on has caused Internet Explorer to close this webpage.
What you can do:
Go to your home page "



Narelle Offline
#2 Posted : Thursday, April 25, 2013 1:46:34 PM(UTC)
Narelle

Rank: Advanced Member

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Joined: 9/26/2006(UTC)
Posts: 10,970
Australia
Location: Facebook: Cricut Lovers Guide to Design Space

Thanks: 2034 times
Was thanked: 7881 time(s) in 3690 post(s)
Sounds like Internet Explorer is being over zealous with its security settings. You can either change those settings by adding cricut.com as a safe site or use a different browser.
JanisD Offline
#3 Posted : Thursday, April 25, 2013 2:17:55 PM(UTC)
JanisD

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 8/28/2006(UTC)
Posts: 3,326
United States
Location: U.P. of Mich.

Thanks: 958 times
Was thanked: 1311 time(s) in 1006 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Narelle Go to Quoted Post
Sounds like Internet Explorer is being over zealous with its security settings. You can either change those settings by adding cricut.com as a safe site or use a different browser.


Good idea, but I did add cricut.com as a safe site back when I was getting CCR to play nice with my computer settings. :)
Narelle Offline
#4 Posted : Thursday, April 25, 2013 4:46:42 PM(UTC)
Narelle

Rank: Advanced Member

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Joined: 9/26/2006(UTC)
Posts: 10,970
Australia
Location: Facebook: Cricut Lovers Guide to Design Space

Thanks: 2034 times
Was thanked: 7881 time(s) in 3690 post(s)
That's one of the reasons I don't like (bit of an understatement) IE. I much prefer Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox.

Not much help though if you really like IE! Smile
CricketCMV Offline
#5 Posted : Thursday, April 25, 2013 7:52:19 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Rank: Advanced Member

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
Joined: 2/21/2009(UTC)
Posts: 14,990
Location: Illinois

Thanks: 18529 times
Was thanked: 8148 time(s) in 4772 post(s)
Yes, Janis, I get it, too. I use IE about 95% of the time I'm on internet. I only get that message when I'm here, though. I figure PC doesn't like how long I'm typing in some of my posts! LOL. I usually just X out of it and I'm able to go on....but, occasionally, it kicks me out of here. It has never happened when I'm using CCR.

I have no idea why it happens. It is strange that it only happens here.

Char
Sherri Kay Offline
#6 Posted : Friday, April 26, 2013 2:01:51 AM(UTC)
Sherri Kay

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 1/9/2010(UTC)
Posts: 6,745
United States
Location: Minnesota

Thanks: 429 times
Was thanked: 2401 time(s) in 2153 post(s)
I use IE all the time and have never seen that message. I wonder what the "malfunctioning or malicious add-on" is? Huh
JanisD Offline
#7 Posted : Friday, April 26, 2013 1:03:39 PM(UTC)
JanisD

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 8/28/2006(UTC)
Posts: 3,326
United States
Location: U.P. of Mich.

Thanks: 958 times
Was thanked: 1311 time(s) in 1006 post(s)
Originally Posted by: CricketCMV Go to Quoted Post
Yes, Janis, I get it, too. I use IE about 95% of the time I'm on internet. I only get that message when I'm here, though. I figure PC doesn't like how long I'm typing in some of my posts! LOL. I usually just X out of it and I'm able to go on....but, occasionally, it kicks me out of here. It has never happened when I'm using CCR.

I have no idea why it happens. It is strange that it only happens here.

Char



I could have typed this message myself. This is exactly my experience, at times when IE is trying to shut down cricut.com, I close the little rectangle that looks like something loading & all is fine. Other times it boots me out of cricut.com.

CCR is great, I never get booted out of there.Blushing

Janis

 1 user thanked JanisD for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 4/26/2013(UTC)
MaryStillman Offline
#8 Posted : Friday, April 26, 2013 4:46:50 PM(UTC)
MaryStillman

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 1/30/2011(UTC)
Posts: 2,080

Thanks: 1184 times
Was thanked: 1247 time(s) in 790 post(s)
Originally Posted by: ~JD~ Go to Quoted Post
I could have typed this message myself. This is exactly my experience, at times when IE is trying to shut down cricut.com, I close the little rectangle that looks like something loading & all is fine. Other times it boots me out of cricut.com.

CCR is great, I never get booted out of there.Blushing

Janis



Janis, do you have Norton anti virus and firewall. I do get that message sometimes and I close the website I am on. It may mean that someone is trying to hack into your computer, I don't know, but to be safe, I just close the website, clear out my browsing history and cookies and then reopen the website.

I've gotten it with a few websites.

By the way, I think you have one of the sweetest avatars! I swear I can smell new baby when I look at yours.

Mary
 1 user thanked MaryStillman for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 4/26/2013(UTC)
Users browsing this topic
Guest
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Powered by YAF | YAF © 2003-2014, Yet Another Forum.NET
This page was generated in 0.313 seconds.
nebo-cricut-01