Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

masseyjeanette20a53af0 Offline
#1 Posted : Sunday, April 28, 2013 6:44:21 AM(UTC)
masseyjeanette20a53af0

Groups: Registered

I am new to cricut and am trying to cut a word on vinyl. I would like the word to be in a straight line so I can "place" it more easily on the glass block.

How do I adjust the settings so the font cuts in a straight line like a word. I do NOT have the material saver button lit up.

I am using the Extreme Fonts cartridge and trying to cut the words Mr Mrs from vinyl. I would like to be able to place the letters on the glass without having to do each letter individually (kinda like placing a word on the glass.

Thank you.

Edited by user Sunday, April 28, 2013 6:54:41 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Olivia'sNana Offline
#2 Posted : Sunday, April 28, 2013 7:33:41 AM(UTC)
Olivia'sNana

Was thanked: 886 time(s) in 423 post(s)
Are you using just your machine as a stand alone or have you downloaded the free cricut craftroom design program? If you are using your machine as a stand alone, you have very little to no control as to how it cuts your letters as far as spacing, alignment,etc. If you you can download ccr and use it, it gives you complete control and total flexability to align your letters however you want, and wherever you want them to cut on your mat, you can even weld them together so they cut as one connected word.

To use ccr you have to have access to the internet in order to use it. It has to be connected to internet and your expression will connect to your computer via usb cable. If you have the ability to use internet while using our expression, download the software by clicking on craftroom on the above tab and follow instructions. If you run into problems accessing ccr after downloading, it may be because if you are using windows 8, it has to run in compatibility mode and there are some anti-virus programs that will block it. But this can all be corrected.

If you aren't yet but want to use ccr, download it, play with it and let us know if you have more questions.

With ccr, you can align your letters exactly how you want them to be on your glass, cut it out, remove the excess vinyl cuts from your mat, transfer the letters to transfer tape and then straight to your glass. You will want to do kiss cut so that the blade cuts only the vinyl but not all the way throught the backing paper. Ususally this is pressure of 3 or 4 and blade depth of 3. I always do multicut 2 times. This is where the blade will pass 2 times to enusre a complete cut. practice with scrap first to make sure your settings are correct.

Edited by user Sunday, April 28, 2013 7:37:03 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

masseyjeanette20a53af0 Offline
#3 Posted : Sunday, April 28, 2013 7:37:35 AM(UTC)
masseyjeanette20a53af0

I am using my expression as a stand alone.

My windows may be too old to use. I am planning on upgrading my windows.

Can I cut in a straight line with the expression as a stand alone?

I reread your message and see I have little to no control over where the letters cut. I will have to upgrade my windows.

Thank you for your help.

Edited by user Sunday, April 28, 2013 7:39:23 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Added paragraph

Olivia'sNana Offline
#4 Posted : Sunday, April 28, 2013 7:52:47 AM(UTC)
Olivia'sNana

Was thanked: 886 time(s) in 423 post(s)
I think ccr works best on older computers. I use windows xp and have the original expression and everything works great. All I needed to do was tell my antivirus it was ok to let it run.

I don't use my machine as a stand alone AT ALL because ccr gives you so much more. I would try to download it and see if your pc will run it. You may be pleasantly surprised.

Otherwise, you can cut your letters out on scrap paper first to see how your machine will align and cut them to see if it will work for you.

In ccr, you have a virtual mat that looks just like the real mat. you place your images on the virtual mat and you can move them around anywhere you want to and resize any size that you want up to the max the mat will cut. Whatever and wherever your images are on your virtual mat, is where they will cut on the real mat. You can even cut from multiple cartridges at one time, use different colored papers and cut at one time. For instance, if you want to cut Mr from with black paper and Mrs from white paper, place the words in separate areas of your virtual mat, place your papers trimmed to size accordingly on your real mat and you can cut them all at once