Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Godot's Girl Offline
#31 Posted : Monday, April 29, 2013 8:26:09 AM(UTC)
Godot's Girl

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States
Location: Too far from the farm! MQ pg.13, #387; Circle MQ pg. 4, #98

Was thanked: 2808 time(s) in 1680 post(s)
Oh Ken, please do not stop making your cards. You have a great sense of humor, and it always comes through in your sentiments. I can always find inspiration and a laugh from you. However, I do understand your frustration at your creations not being appreciated. Send me a card, and I will definitely appreciate it...lol! I have experienced the same thing from family members, and it is hurtful and discouraging. I have even received the comment of..."It's not like you live on a street corner and can't go to Hallmark...." There was more, but it is unfit for public consumption. I have decided to continue to make cards though because it would be a sin not to. God gave me a talent and a desire to create, and He expects me to use it, just as He expects you to do so. He appreciates and revels in your creations, whether the receiver does or not. Just think of the smile you bring to your Father in Heaven's face every time you create something, and the joy you bring to His heart by using the gift He has given you. Keep crafting....you make the world more beautiful by doing so. Blessings, GG.
 1 user thanked Godot's Girl for this useful post.
Ken's Kreations on 4/29/2013(UTC)
Ken's Kreations Offline
#32 Posted : Monday, April 29, 2013 8:57:41 AM(UTC)
Ken's Kreations

United States

Was thanked: 1949 time(s) in 499 post(s)
I am loving this group and thread. You have made me all find the main reason i started making cards....to make me Happy. We just ge so caught up in the "I have to make them a card since i make everyone a card - it is expected"....well that changes today. I never look for bragging rights....but we all like a little happiness for the work we all put our hearts into. Thanks everyone...you all rock my world!!
 1 user thanked Ken's Kreations for this useful post.
Soshescraps on 4/29/2013(UTC)
Soshescraps Offline
#33 Posted : Monday, April 29, 2013 9:11:21 AM(UTC)
Soshescraps

United States

Was thanked: 1105 time(s) in 875 post(s)
Ken,

Don't stop creating and doing what you love because of those people who don't appreciate your creativity. I agree with others who said that those who aren't crafty don't appreciate the time, thought and effort that goes into making handmade crafts. Try to give your cards to other crafty people who you know will appreciate them. Now, I am not an avid card maker but I will make a few for special occasions. When I create a card for a family member or friend and they don't say anything about it then I don't do a card for them anymore.

Sure it's upsetting not to feel appreciated but some people just don't get it! Once I did an entire scrapbook for a family members 40th birthday. Shipped it to her and she didn't even call me and tell me had received it let alone, complement me on a job well done. That was weeks spent on her book that could have been spent on my own projects.

After that experience I learned my lesson. I will not do a scrapbook for anyone under no circumstances. You should participate in card swaps here on the message board. Keep your head up Ken we have all been there!!

1 user thanked Soshescraps for this useful post.
melodylanedesigns Offline
#34 Posted : Monday, April 29, 2013 10:24:23 AM(UTC)
melodylanedesigns

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1888 time(s) in 932 post(s)
Ken, I tell them when I give it to them, if you are just going to through it away when your done I will take it back. And I have gotten some back, I don't blame them, I have always thrown my cards away after my birthday. But I like to keep them now for ideas to go back too.BigGrin
 1 user thanked melodylanedesigns for this useful post.