Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

20 Pages«<181920
audreysmommy827e5704f0 Offline
#571 Posted : Friday, February 15, 2013 12:24:44 PM(UTC)
audreysmommy827e5704f0

Groups: Registered

I've had my E2 since last summer. I really loved it up until this afternoon when it stopped cutting.
If I can get this problem resolved quickly, I will love my E2 again.

I bought the E2 to make decorations for my daughter's first birthday party. The decorations were absolutely adorable and I received many compliments on everything I made. Now that the holidays are over, I was looking forward to using my E2 for scrapbooking and card-making.
Until the cutting problem gets resolved though, I can't do anything with it and I'm kinda bummed.
L.SWENSON0fcbb05d Offline
#572 Posted : Tuesday, March 26, 2013 7:50:11 AM(UTC)
L.SWENSON0fcbb05d

Got mine a few days ago, so have just been getting used to it. I have an issue with the screen and stylus. When watching all the videos everyone seems to be able to tap the screen once and they are able to get to the next screen. Mine is not so sensitive, I have to tap repeatedly..is this normal? Am thinking of taking it back for an exchange.
Cricut Crafter Offline
#573 Posted : Wednesday, April 03, 2013 8:10:20 PM(UTC)
Cricut Crafter

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered

I've noticed since the last update, that my E2 does not "line up" correctly. Where I think I'm placing my image based on the mat graph as before, is not where it is now cutting. That start position now is higher and sometimes above the paper! It's very frustrating now to try to out guess where it's going to start to cut. I almost can't cut anything from a cartridge on my own, I am forced to go through the craft room and then move it down a bit to start, but then I am guessing on paper placement, etc. It's not fun, and certainly too much of a challenge if I want to use center point, etc. and not waste paper. I'm really screwed If I stamped an image and I'm trying to cut it out and really center it..... And, yes, I have callibrated the screen.

Up until this last update, I've loved this machine, and I want to love it again, because I have so many cartridges!!! I just don't want to have to second guess where it's going to cut!!

Edited by user Wednesday, April 03, 2013 8:13:49 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Cricut Crafter Offline
#574 Posted : Sunday, April 21, 2013 8:14:57 PM(UTC)
Cricut Crafter

Originally Posted by: Cricut Crafter Go to Quoted Post
I've noticed since the last update, that my E2 does not "line up" correctly. Where I think I'm placing my image based on the mat graph as before, is not where it is now cutting. That start position now is higher and sometimes above the paper! It's very frustrating now to try to out guess where it's going to start to cut. I almost can't cut anything from a cartridge on my own, I am forced to go through the craft room and then move it down a bit to start, but then I am guessing on paper placement, etc. It's not fun, and certainly too much of a challenge if I want to use center point, etc. and not waste paper. I'm really screwed If I stamped an image and I'm trying to cut it out and really center it..... And, yes, I have callibrated the screen.

Up until this last update, I've loved this machine, and I want to love it again, because I have so many cartridges!!! I just don't want to have to second guess where it's going to cut!!

Sadly, nobody ever addressed this, however, with the newest update, and the CCR update, it is now cutting on the paper where the image is on the screen. Thank heaven this was fixed!! Thank you for taking care of this issue........... ThumpUp
k2hammann48a38016 Offline
#575 Posted : Monday, April 29, 2013 9:01:01 PM(UTC)
k2hammann48a38016

I have had the E2 for less than 3 months and it has stopped working! Your customer service department is a joke. Hold times are ridiculous and email response 7days??? You have got to be kidding.. I recently purchased a GoPro and had an issue while on vacation. I sent an email to customer support and received a response in less than 3 mins. Maybe they can assist you with customer service.... Oh how I wish GoPro sold a die cut machine I would buy several... This E2 was a major purchase for me so that I could do things for my son's wedding.. It is now just a paper weight, waiting for customer service to respond to my issue.. I am now forced to order wedding stuff...Thanks for nothing..Mad
Lisa L. Offline
#576 Posted : Monday, May 13, 2013 7:13:55 PM(UTC)
Lisa L.

Was thanked: 23 time(s) in 13 post(s)
Having problems cutting. Sent an email to cs. On 6 the cuts sometimes are okay and sometimes not (same paper). Very strange.

Also had problems with mat being way too sticky (went through quite a bit of paper).

And some issues recognizing machine and setting up CCR.

All in all I was a little disappointed at all the wasted time but I realize there are sometimes issues with setting up.

Now I just wish it would cut better so I can rely on it.
Kim#281 Offline
#577 Posted : Wednesday, June 05, 2013 6:53:50 PM(UTC)
Kim#281

Just took mine out of the box, completed the calibration now it will not let me press the 'I Agree" button on the license agreement screenMad. Go to the website for help, it is after business hours so I try the knowledge base apparently it works about as well as the machine does, only a small jumbled up part of it showing.
almiroty34da075b Offline
#578 Posted : Wednesday, July 24, 2013 1:48:26 PM(UTC)
almiroty34da075b

i bought mine in november. i have NEVER been able to cut a circle. i had customer service help me upgrade, downgrade, upgrade again the software, but nothing. later i was told that it was a known defect on the machine and that they are working on it.
also i bought a christmas card- a tree with lines and circles- holiday card #10 and it starts making the first long cut and stops making a painful noise. i sent pc pictures and videos. at first they were answering me, now i think they just forgot about me. my problems are the same. i bought a 3 year warrantee at hsn and i am considering returning the machine. this is frustrating!
Flo Offline
#579 Posted : Monday, August 19, 2013 3:45:56 AM(UTC)
Flo

Canada

Was thanked: 57 time(s) in 32 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Cricut Crafter Go to Quoted Post
Sadly, nobody ever addressed this, however, with the newest update, and the CCR update, it is now cutting on the paper where the image is on the screen. Thank heaven this was fixed!! Thank you for taking care of this issue........... ThumpUp

have you checked to see if your multi tool button is on. If it is you will have some images go off the mat to the top. Turn it back to relative size and the problem goes you only need multi tool when you are scoring on Tags bags boxes and more 2.
HTH's
Flo Offline
#580 Posted : Monday, August 19, 2013 3:53:23 AM(UTC)
Flo

Canada

Originally Posted by: almiroty34da075b Go to Quoted Post
i bought mine in november. i have NEVER been able to cut a circle. i had customer service help me upgrade, downgrade, upgrade again the software, but nothing. later i was told that it was a known defect on the machine and that they are working on it.
also i bought a christmas card- a tree with lines and circles- holiday card #10 and it starts making the first long cut and stops making a painful noise. i sent pc pictures and videos. at first they were answering me, now i think they just forgot about me. my problems are the same. i bought a 3 year warrantee at hsn and i am considering returning the machine. this is frustrating!

I am not sure how your HSN works but if you can, return the machine and buy a new one. Check the pricing on amazon.com they have good prices. The E2's that I have are fantastic. The Cricut.s do not cut a perfect circle that has always been, they are not working on it as we just work around it, but it does cut circles and the machine if it is making a noise may have a tiny piece of paper in the works, give it a good blow out with a air spray that may help.
Flo Offline
#581 Posted : Monday, August 19, 2013 3:58:37 AM(UTC)
Flo

Canada

Originally Posted by: Lisa L. Go to Quoted Post
Having problems cutting. Sent an email to cs. On 6 the cuts sometimes are okay and sometimes not (same paper). Very strange.

Also had problems with mat being way too sticky (went through quite a bit of paper).

And some issues recognizing machine and setting up CCR.

All in all I was a little disappointed at all the wasted time but I realize there are sometimes issues with setting up.

Now I just wish it would cut better so I can rely on it.

have you cleaned your blade this is often why the machine cuts erratically. It may have paper fluff inside the blade housing. Get back to me if you are still having problems www.ohsomanycrafts.com
evrosado Offline
#582 Posted : Monday, September 09, 2013 1:03:17 PM(UTC)
evrosado

Was thanked: 20 time(s) in 16 post(s)
Just took mine out of the box. Decided to go with the E2 instead of the Silhouette Cameo. It won't update. It says it isn't connected to the computer. I am using a Windows laptop with Windows 7. It's not my main computer, it's a spare. Will try again tomorrow.
leishman.nichole5c96d2cf Offline
#583 Posted : Sunday, October 13, 2013 3:38:44 PM(UTC)
leishman.nichole5c96d2cf

So I have had my E2 since Christmas and the aligning is messing up. If anyone could give me advice that would be amazing!
aphig414d7c17247 Offline
#584 Posted : Saturday, November 23, 2013 8:58:16 PM(UTC)
aphig414d7c17247

Broke one year and a day after I bought it. Never worked right to begin with. Didn't work well with my Mac computer, something I found out after calling customer support. Wouldn't buy another one.
the4wolffpack29346f62 Offline
#585 Posted : Wednesday, December 25, 2013 8:41:28 PM(UTC)
the4wolffpack29346f62

I just pulled mine out if the box and so far so good. The only issue I kind of have is the LCD screen images are so dang small it's hard to see what you are looking at. Is this common? The LCD panel almost seems blurry.
AngelaVanderlip Offline
#586 Posted : Sunday, January 12, 2014 12:26:30 PM(UTC)
AngelaVanderlip

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I'm beyond frustrated now. I'll have to call up support to see if they can help me.

I thought there was a cutting problem with my new E2 last fall but it was actually user error. I was relieved! I had a bunch of Thank You cards to make and then was going to work on Christmas cards. I was almost finished the Thank You cards when my E2 just stopped and powered down. I checked to make sure all connections were fine. the E2 did it again! I came on here to look for solutions. I did those cold reset instructions. I was able to finish the Thank You cards. I went onto the Christmas cards and it happened again! So I tried changing outlets. Nope. I hooked it up to my Create's power source. Nope. I gave up and decided to finish with the Create. Which then meant I had to redo stuff in my Gypsy.

Well, at least my Create still works. Never had a problem with that one for over 2 years! Just wanted a bigger space to work with for when I do cards.
kristian.clancyb42ed867 Offline
#587 Posted : Saturday, January 25, 2014 9:01:07 PM(UTC)
kristian.clancyb42ed867

I only just got my E2, and I love it, but I can't get it to hook up with my laptop, I think there is something faulty with the USB/Printer connection. I tried a different cord, but to no avail it didn't work at all.

My computer doesn't even recognise that it has been connected.

The worst part is that I'm in Australia and there is so little support for Cricut over here. I have made a separate post about the issue I'm having, but I want to love the machine.... plus, I feel like I've spent so much money on it, over $400 so far in cartridges alone!
january_gens005689cc Offline
#588 Posted : Thursday, January 30, 2014 3:59:05 PM(UTC)
january_gens005689cc

I didn't ask my husband for a cricut. I actually cautioned him not to.
Thinking I was asking him not to because of the cost, he did it anyway.
Now I am stuck with this near useless door stop.
Because I didn't want a vinyl cutter to cut your images.
I wanted one to cut mine.

Disappointing. That is how my E2 is.
freshandvintage.blair0c8d6e95 Offline
#589 Posted : Thursday, February 13, 2014 4:33:20 AM(UTC)
freshandvintage.blair0c8d6e95

I appreciate that this post is now 2years old.... but in response to the question, how is your E2..... mine is fine now......
But that wasn't so when it arrived 10days ago..... I had quite a few issues, which had my emails been replied to may have been ironed out a whole lot faster! I called the live chat and got no where fast... I was attempting to sync my machine, and it kept asking me to plug in my wifi adapter....so i attempted to buy one... the supplier here in the UK said he would get me one... in the mean time my "Live Chat Friend" informed me they were no longer available!! Why aren't your UK suppliers kept up to date with information.....my next problem was the overlay, which I bought but was then informed i didn't need for an E2...........
I have to say in conclusion.....Machine Fine, but instructions and information RUBBISH.... (sorry but you did ask)

Edited by user Thursday, February 13, 2014 4:36:09 AM(UTC)  | Reason: spelling mistake!

ScrapShot Offline
#590 Posted : Thursday, April 03, 2014 6:03:30 PM(UTC)
ScrapShot

It was a little less than a year ago that I purchased my teal E2 from Michael's. I should have known something was up when the Michael's staff person said "If you have any problems, don't return it. Deal directly with Provo Craft."

I own the original Cricut machine and also the Gypsy, along with over 30 physical and digital cartridges. I LOVE these machines and wouldn't know what to do if my Gypsy stopped working.

I wanted the E2 so I could cut larger images, and also use Cricut-Craft Room because of the digital cartridges I purchased (in case my Gypsy ever stopped working). I was so excited with my new purchase... it was like Christmas in April for me. But when I hooked up my new teal E2 to my laptop computer, the nightmare began. My laptop would not recognize the E2.

I called the support line and finally even the tech guy concluded it was a faulty USB port on the E2, so he shipped out a replacement machine. I connected the replacement machine to my laptop and it had the exact same issue as the first E2. I thought I would try connecting my Gypsy to the E2 to test if the USB port was faulty, but the E2 and my Gypsy could communicate so I knew a faulty USB port was not the issue. I emailed the tech guy directly but received no response. I gave-up in frustration and put my E2 up on the shelf thinking even though I wouldn't be able to update the firmware, or use CCR, I could still use it with my Gypsy and with my cartridges... provided the E2 never requested an update.

Yesterday, not quite a year later, I decided once and for all I was going to get this expensive piece of frustration to work with my laptop computer. I came across a helpful post on this forum about using an external USB port hub (that needs to be plugged into an electrical outlet) because a laptop computer may not produce enough power to sustain a connection with the E2. I dug out an old USB port hub I had and set it up and FINALLY my E2 and laptop computer connected.

Cricut Sync gave me a message that my E2 was already up-to-date, which was a surprise to me. I went into CCR and did a test cut of some letters. I was very disappointed with the quality. The edges were not smooth/sharp, and the letter O was not smooth/round but jaggy. I decided to try the same cut using my Gypsy... the quality was improved but not by much. I then did the same cut using the cartridge and this time the quality was even better but not perfect; the O looked more like it should but there were other issues with the cuts not lining up or being incomplete on the straight edges. I finally did the same cut using my Gypsy on my original Cricut machine and the results were perfect. I expected perfect results with the E2 also, but this was not the case.

I have since sent off an email to Support and I receive an auto response back that it may take up to 8 business days for a response. Guess I will be calling them even though I hate being on the phone with support.

I am really regretting my E2 purchase Crying I wish I had done more research and had found this forum before I purchased this frustrating piece of craftroom shelf eye candy, as there seems to be many other consumers who are not happy with their E2s either.
rosibroad71ef85f8 Offline
#591 Posted : Wednesday, May 14, 2014 6:27:00 AM(UTC)
rosibroad71ef85f8

I received my new Expressions 2 machine the other week and couldn't wait to use it, after a week of frustration and tears al I want to do now is throw it against the nearest wall, IT IS RUBBISH... give me back my trusted Expression 1 any day, how I wish that the screen on that one hadn't blown on me :(

The Expression 2 is over complicated, fitted with cheap plastic components compared to the metal ones in the Expression 2... you have to recalibrate the screen after every cut as well as re programming the size of the paper, it doesn't cut clearly even with all the settings set to the highest they can be and so as you try to remove the cut images from the board they are ripped and look so shabby and unprofessional and it wastes so much card and it just takes so much time to use it compared to the Expressions 1. Not worth the £200 I paid for it an dI won't be reccomending it to any of my friends and Scouting/Guiding groups I work with.

I am so disappointed and am now so put of buying Cricut products... I won't be investing in the new Explore.

racemonter84cedfc2 Offline
#592 Posted : Friday, July 11, 2014 10:33:35 PM(UTC)
racemonter84cedfc2

Hi, I've had my E2 since it first aired on HSN. I was having issues with the blade scoring my paper. I called customer service and they sent me a new place housing. It worked fine for a few months then it started scoring the paper again. So I stored it back in its original box and packaging until last week. I joined a cricut challenge group and got really excited to start cutting again. Well my first cut reminded me as to why I had put it away. I really want to start using it again, but it's very frustrating. I know it's out of warranty but there's got to be some type of trouble shooting I can do. Please I'm desperate to start crafting again. I would appreciate any help possible. Thank you
sndrcrtr84348c7ca84 Offline
#593 Posted : Wednesday, July 23, 2014 8:05:35 PM(UTC)
sndrcrtr84348c7ca84

Unsure I just purchased the Cricut Expression 2 on July the 16 or 17, 2014 have used it may be 3 or 4 times have been on youtube.com watching videos and checking out the cricut.com (trying to learn as much as I can) but there is suppose to be a light on the blade when it is cutting, but for sum reason it dose not come on. when I go into the setting it says that the light is suppose to be on when cutting but it has never been on, Is there something wrong with this machine? just bought it a few days ago and used it only 3 or 4 times.
sndrcrtr84348c7ca84 Offline
#594 Posted : Wednesday, July 23, 2014 8:27:28 PM(UTC)
sndrcrtr84348c7ca84

Scared So I'm sitting here reading the post for the E2 and I must say that I am scared $200 is a lot of money and I don't want to be out of it, I am also have the problem of trying to connecting it to my laptop, I can hear the connection when I plug it to my laptop but it keeps telling me to make sure the it on and connected. The light dose not come on when cutting and I have checked my setting have tried to use it both ways with the always on and the when cutting setting. I am excited about using my machine but I do not want to invest in something that is not worth it. Anyone plz let me know if you think that this is worth it?
mikett9278d3d1 Offline
#595 Posted : Saturday, July 26, 2014 7:01:42 PM(UTC)
mikett9278d3d1

What a waste of money. The E2 is over priced for the flexibility it offers in what you use as a design. I wish I had done more research before I bought it or waited for the Explore. The explore has the flexibility that all of the older machines should be given, the ability to use SVG's. My bad for buying it.Mad
jewelbates223584f8 Offline
#596 Posted : Wednesday, August 20, 2014 1:50:09 PM(UTC)
jewelbates223584f8

I am new to the Cricut family, just bought my E2 two weeks ago.BigGrin I have had no issues that practice and watching videos on YouTube didn't resolve. I love so far.Love
donnagreen837ab09ead Offline
#597 Posted : Thursday, December 11, 2014 9:10:01 AM(UTC)
donnagreen837ab09ead

It was great until I started using CCR, now at the point of wanting to switch after using Cricut machines for about 4 years. Ive been using CCR for about 3 weeks and in this time its been problem after problem and support have been a pain in the backside, not everyone has a phone in every room of the house.