Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

jessidc31f1a44 Offline
#1 Posted : Tuesday, April 30, 2013 10:40:37 PM(UTC)
jessidc31f1a44

Groups: Registered

I'm having multiple problems with my machine. I am on Windows 8, if that makes a difference.

Yes, I have installed drivers through CCR. Most of the time I get the No Usable Devices error. IF I don't, then if I click on the Load Mat button in CCR nothing happens. The one time I loaded the mat first and then clicked cut and it found my device, it never cut anything.

I have had it try to update the firmware numerous times. Each time it's not said it failed, but it's come up with the dialog to update it multiple times.

Anti-virus is disabled through this whole process. The USB Active message on the machine itself seems to not stay on either, like it's losing the connection although the cable is still firmly plugged in.

Help??

Edited to add that I can cut directly from the cartridge with it not plugged into the computer just fine. Firmware on the read out says it's 1.45.

Edited by user Tuesday, April 30, 2013 10:43:59 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

AuntieKLE Offline
#2 Posted : Tuesday, April 30, 2013 11:03:48 PM(UTC)
AuntieKLE

Was thanked: 148 time(s) in 113 post(s)
Did you recently download CCR?

The latest update helps with windows 8.

You can call PC and they can help you.

Contact Us

Cricut® support hours

Monday - Friday 7 a.m. - 6 p.m. (MST)
Cricut® support: 801-932-1144
toll-free service phone: 877-7CRICUT
email: support@Cricut.com
fax: 801-794-9001

HTH
Bugsy2 Offline
#3 Posted : Wednesday, May 01, 2013 2:10:25 AM(UTC)
Bugsy2

Was thanked: 450 time(s) in 320 post(s)
I had the same issues and yes I'm on Windows 8 as well. Disabling your antivirus isn't the issue. I think you may need to add exceptions to antivirus...CCR Bridge.. something something. If you're not comfortable enough doing it yourself, and I wasn't since my computer is just a few months old, call customer service. They are absolutely amazingWub and will go above and beyond to help you!! Last week I spent several minutes on the phone with a wonderful young man who was not only kind, gentle, and caring, he was incredibly patient as I repeated everything he asked me to do back to him. I can now log in to CCR in seconds, play all day if I want to, log out..log in and do it all again.

Call customer service!! PC has THE best customer service I have ever dealt with!!!
Sherri Kay Offline
#4 Posted : Wednesday, May 01, 2013 4:12:06 AM(UTC)
Sherri Kay

United States

Was thanked: 2401 time(s) in 2153 post(s)
My machine started giving me that error message also just lately, and I readjusted the cable leading into my Cricut and it would work. I think my connection has gotten loose. It's worth checking out.
jessidc31f1a44 Offline
#5 Posted : Wednesday, May 01, 2013 11:53:37 PM(UTC)
jessidc31f1a44

Just as an update -

I did get in touch with CS. We added the exceptions, rolled back the firmware in Design Studio, then went forward again, checked the drivers, still nadda.

They don't know, I guess they're looking into it.
Sherri Kay Offline
#6 Posted : Thursday, May 02, 2013 1:50:59 AM(UTC)
Sherri Kay

United States

Was thanked: 2401 time(s) in 2153 post(s)
Did you check your cable? As I stated above, this happened to me and my cable connection was a little loose. Just wiggled on the cable until that message went away on my computer when I wanted to cut.