Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

Bugsy2 Offline
#1 Posted : Wednesday, May 01, 2013 9:42:04 AM(UTC)
Bugsy2

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 449 time(s) in 319 post(s)
I'm finally cleaning out my craft room. It's actually been more of a storage room lately, but yesterday I decided enough was enough! I claimed my space back... well almost. It's a huge undertaking, but I'm making progress. I had my old kitchen table as my worktable. Unfortunately it was way too big for the small room. Yesterday afternoon I dismantled it and put it in the garage. Immediately I felt better. Last night I picked up some of the Recollections modular storage that's on buy one get one at Michaels this week. I picked up the desk panels as well. I stayed up late putting the cubes together, and this morning I put a "desk" together. So much nicer than that table!!! I can't wait to actually create something in my "new" space. I've been using the kitchen counter since December.Blushing

Now for the surprises! I found cardstock packs, Christmas paper packs, unopened Cricut mats, a bottle of Glossy Accents, and some stamp markers. I've only got half the room done. I wonder what other "treasures" await??
 4 users thanked Bugsy2 for this useful post.
rhondah* on 5/1/2013(UTC), JoyceG on 5/1/2013(UTC), shylalp on 5/1/2013(UTC), garagesaler on 5/2/2013(UTC)
imnchghere Offline
#2 Posted : Wednesday, May 01, 2013 10:25:40 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

Was thanked: 99 time(s) in 77 post(s)
One of the nice things about this story is the money you will save not having to re-purchase the items you found (mats, cs, etc) will pay for the new desk/storage. WTG!!
~pat
jojoy Offline
#3 Posted : Wednesday, May 01, 2013 10:26:25 AM(UTC)
jojoy

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
United States

Was thanked: 12210 time(s) in 3870 post(s)
Isn't is nice to go "shopping" in your own craft room. But seriously, it is amazing what you find when you clean up or reorganize. You find things that you forgot that you bought, or things you couldn't find. My problem is, I will organize thins, then when I go shopping I don't put things where they belong right away. Then it starts to get out of hand again!
 1 user thanked jojoy for this useful post.
JoyceG on 5/1/2013(UTC)
joyfullycrafting Online
#4 Posted : Wednesday, May 01, 2013 10:36:21 AM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Was thanked: 1448 time(s) in 1154 post(s)
Good for you!!! Now, I need to follow after you, cleaning out my room.

I moved in about a year ago and found all kind of treasures when I put all my scrappng stuff from all over the house into one room. It didn't take long for it to look like a hurricane had gone through it.

But I am kind of opposite from you. I want to get it cleaned out to put in anothr table!

A wedding exploded in it this spring. I finally got that wedding cleaned up, just in time for a second wedding to explode. Two DD's getting married within four months.
 1 user thanked joyfullycrafting for this useful post.
JoyceG on 5/1/2013(UTC)
rhondah* Offline
#5 Posted : Wednesday, May 01, 2013 10:43:35 AM(UTC)
rhondah*

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 14315 time(s) in 8773 post(s)
Very cool!!! I need to get started on my room and see what I find.BigGrin
 1 user thanked rhondah* for this useful post.
JoyceG on 5/1/2013(UTC)
Bugsy2 Offline
#6 Posted : Wednesday, May 01, 2013 10:49:29 AM(UTC)
Bugsy2

Originally Posted by: joyfullycrafting Go to Quoted Post
Good for you!!! Now, I need to follow after you, cleaning out my room.

I moved in about a year ago and found all kind of treasures when I put all my scrappng stuff from all over the house into one room. It didn't take long for it to look like a hurricane had gone through it.

But I am kind of opposite from you. I want to get it cleaned out to put in anothr table!

A wedding exploded in it this spring. I finally got that wedding cleaned up, just in time for a second wedding to explode. Two DD's getting married within four months.

Yikes!! That's a lot of stress, Mother of the Bride!!!

It is very liberating to finally get my space back... well taking steps toward it anyway. I have stuff everywhere it seems. As long as I'm straightened away by Friday afternoon I'm good. My son has a youth group event on Friday night until 11pm... so with hubby away (until next weekend).. I hope to get some crafting done from the time I get home (5pmish) until I have to leave to pick up my son (10:30pmish)!!

1 user thanked Bugsy2 for this useful post.
JoyceG on 5/1/2013(UTC)
Jooniper Offline
#7 Posted : Wednesday, May 01, 2013 12:49:56 PM(UTC)
Jooniper

Was thanked: 873 time(s) in 631 post(s)
That's GREAT!! Enjoy your new work area!!

Last Friday my kids were out of school for a weather day. I had them help me clean up my bedroom, which is also my crafting area. I can now get to all my stuff, because the big pileof stuff that was sitting there blocking is now all in its place!!

I did not find anything "new" nor "missing". Laugh that was a few months back when hubby moved my desk out from the wall. LOL
 1 user thanked Jooniper for this useful post.
JoyceG on 5/1/2013(UTC)
JoyceG Offline
#8 Posted : Wednesday, May 01, 2013 1:07:19 PM(UTC)
JoyceG

Was thanked: 903 time(s) in 591 post(s)
Isn't it wonderful?? back in 2010 I emptied out my scraproom and started to re-organize it. Then of course I couldn't find anything for the next 2 years. Then a few months ago, I started going thru all the bins, baskets and boxes that was filled with stuff. It was like finding a lost treasure!

Joyce
IamBubbles=D Offline
#9 Posted : Wednesday, May 01, 2013 2:19:35 PM(UTC)
IamBubbles=D

Was thanked: 500 time(s) in 341 post(s)
LOL That's great!I need to organize my space, and actually use some of my stuff.Blushing It's been over a year since I did scrapbooks.
Bugsy2 Offline
#10 Posted : Wednesday, May 01, 2013 5:02:16 PM(UTC)
Bugsy2

Originally Posted by: IamBubbles=D Go to Quoted Post
LOL That's great!I need to organize my space, and actually use some of my stuff.Blushing It's been over a year since I did scrapbooks.

I actually bought a 6x6 scrapbook that I am going to force myself to put together for my 3 year old niece over the next few days...since I can now get into my craft room and I can move around in there!! I can practice in the middle of the floor if I want to!

Oh! I found my Cricut spatula that has been missing since October. Yay for me. (it was in a basket with Halloween cutouts... the last time I used it. Thank goodness my Cricut blades are sharper than I amBlushing ).

Edited by user Wednesday, May 01, 2013 5:06:00 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

southgirltexas Offline
#11 Posted : Thursday, May 02, 2013 7:10:06 AM(UTC)
southgirltexas

Was thanked: 569 time(s) in 341 post(s)
What a timely post. I cleaned out my craft room and posted on facebook that if any of my friends needed extra craft stuff I would give it to them. My daughter in Florida (I am in Texas) posted that my granddaughter needed some supplies, I mailed 3 huge boxes to her. (costly...but maybe someone I love will benefit?) I put a sizzlet machine and the dies for her in one box and some craft items I had made extra as inspiration.

I have a small area to craft in(dining room) and made a FIRM rule to put up things as I buy them. I clean my work area off after each project. I didn't find anything I had lost but wow now I can go buy more!

All that inspired me to clean out my closets and donate clothes to charity. I feel so inspired that I am tackling my kitchen next. LOL I am on a roll!!!!