Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

Leahdax Offline
#1 Posted : Thursday, May 02, 2013 8:29:09 AM(UTC)
Leahdax

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
United States

Was thanked: 354 time(s) in 253 post(s)
Why is PC making new A2 Cuttlebug folders. They're just too small. I get why they don't want to produce a 12x12 embosser. They need to ditch the A2 and the 5x7 sizes and just make everything in the 5.5x12. That way people have the option of making quarter page cards, half-page cards or 12" borders. I know they said that their 5.5x12" folders didn't go over very well, but what do they expect - they only have two to choose from. I bet if they released the popular folders in 5.5x12 they would sell. I would love to see D'vine Swirl, Swiss Dots, Anchor's Aweigh, Juli's Garden, Argyle, Aleggro, Bloom Dot, Baby's Breath, Spots and Dots, Paisley and so many others in the 5.5x12 size.
 2 users thanked Leahdax for this useful post.
kish73 on 5/2/2013(UTC), Scrapperdee on 5/2/2013(UTC)
craftingbowler Offline
#2 Posted : Thursday, May 02, 2013 9:20:10 AM(UTC)
craftingbowler

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 253 time(s) in 207 post(s)
I ordered the new Anna Griffin cuttlebug+folders from HSN. With her folders, you can extend the size of your embossing to a 12 inch border(or longer depending on the length of your paper/you can keep on going) or the 5 x 7 to a 5 x 12 or longer. The folders have a slit/opening at the top. Anna showed some examples of this with scrapbooking pages.

Some people had done this with some of the original folders(check pinerest embossing folder).

Hope this helps.

Edited by user Thursday, May 02, 2013 9:23:36 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

CowgirlUp Offline
#3 Posted : Thursday, May 02, 2013 9:40:02 AM(UTC)
CowgirlUp

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 897 time(s) in 729 post(s)
Personally I like the a2 size. I rarely emboss edge to edge of a card front. its nomrally one of the mats so its smaller and the a2 size works great for me and are easy to store, the 5x7 don't srore as neatly.

also I could see store not carrying a large selection of 12inch folders because they take up a lot of space the a2 don't take up much. and with all the different brands and products they carry I would rather see 12 a2 size designs then 4 12 inch ones. and online stores who don't have flat rate shipping may have a high shipping cost on a 12 inch folder. because the folder is 12inches which means the box is going to be over 12inches on one side at least and the post office has an over size charge for that.
BugHappy! Offline
#4 Posted : Thursday, May 02, 2013 10:11:15 AM(UTC)
BugHappy!

United States

Was thanked: 42 time(s) in 32 post(s)
Originally Posted by: craftingbowler Go to Quoted Post
I ordered the new Anna Griffin cuttlebug+folders from HSN. With her folders, you can extend the size of your embossing to a 12 inch border(or longer depending on the length of your paper/you can keep on going) or the 5 x 7 to a 5 x 12 or longer. The folders have a slit/opening at the top. Anna showed some examples of this with scrapbooking pages.

Some people had done this with some of the original folders(check pinerest embossing folder).

Hope this helps.

I love the A2 size. I think the slot idea of the AG would be an awesome enhancement. I sure don't know where I would go with a large format plates and folders my craft space is small, I have a Cuddlebug because it folds up! BigGrin
BJR Offline
#5 Posted : Thursday, May 02, 2013 10:37:05 AM(UTC)
BJR

Was thanked: 446 time(s) in 327 post(s)
Fi*s*rs F**e just came out with their large set of dies/letterpress pieces and adapter. They are at J's. Not cheap but a nice alternative as they have lowered the price on the main unit. BJR.
southgirltexas Offline
#6 Posted : Thursday, May 02, 2013 12:46:22 PM(UTC)
southgirltexas

Was thanked: 569 time(s) in 341 post(s)
I agree....we NEED bigger embossing folders!!!!! I renetly HAND embossed some paper and my hand hurt for days.

craftingbowler...The slit in the top of AG's folders...does it leave a line?
craftingbowler Offline
#7 Posted : Thursday, May 02, 2013 5:50:18 PM(UTC)
craftingbowler

Was thanked: 253 time(s) in 207 post(s)
southgirltexas: From the information given by Anna, you will be aligning/continuing from the last embossed area. In the examples shown, it seems to be one long continuous embossing. I will try out some tomorrow(hopefullyBigGrin) . I have basically been admiring them(got the original order and the first autoship).
Leahdax Offline
#8 Posted : Thursday, May 02, 2013 6:18:11 PM(UTC)
Leahdax

United States

Was thanked: 354 time(s) in 253 post(s)
Oh, I didn't realize those folders had slits. I had heard something about new folders being able to emboss the whole length of the paper, but I never heard anything else about it so I thought I had just misunderstood what was said. I looked on youtube before posting this, but didn't really find anything on the Anna Griffin folders. I couldn't find anything on HSN about them, either.

So, if these new folders will emposs up to 5 inches wide and as long as your paper, then this is what PC needs to do with all of their folders. And they need to fold the edge folders along the long end instead of the short end so they can be used along the entire length of the paper, too, altho you could only do paper up to 5 inches wide. Then, it would truely be a one-size-fits-all folder and they could just make one size instead of having the same design in multiple sizes. This would be better for PC and stores, too.

These folders do take more room to store, but being easier to store does me no good if it's not the size I need. I prefer doing half-page cards (more room for cuts), so the A2 folders are too small for my layouts alot of the time.

Edited by user Friday, May 03, 2013 7:36:28 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

MarleneO Offline
#9 Posted : Thursday, May 02, 2013 9:27:17 PM(UTC)
MarleneO

United States

Was thanked: 103 time(s) in 80 post(s)
I just ordered the eBosser which has folders to do 8 1/2 x 11, I can't wait to see what they can do. I bought it because it is suppose to emboss or die-cut effortlessly. As for size most of my cards are A2 (convienent size, easy to buy envelopes for), 5x7, 5x5,and 6x6. On a rare occassion I go as big as 5 1/2 x 8 1/2, or the long and skinny card to fit an A10 envelope- I beieve it is 3 2/3 x 8 1/2 ???
CricutCrazy Offline
#10 Posted : Thursday, May 02, 2013 9:35:14 PM(UTC)
CricutCrazy

Was thanked: 1099 time(s) in 807 post(s)
The E-Bosser and the Fuse are awesome because you can make the A2 Cuttlebug folder sizes and the bigger ones as well. I have 6x6" embossing folders and 8x8,, and 8 1/2x11" in my Etsy shop that you can use on both of those machines. Also carry the Ebosser in inventory...it works very well and more useful than the Vagabond as you can do wider folders in it.
I think Provocraft will come out with some new machines after they are finished "dumping" all of their current inventory...after all, you can CUT with the CCR and your machines, but you can ONLY EMBOSS BY MANUAL LABOR !! LOL Maybe they have a way to make your computer do the embossing ????!! LOL
JanisD Offline
#11 Posted : Thursday, May 02, 2013 11:35:31 PM(UTC)
JanisD

United States

Was thanked: 1336 time(s) in 1019 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Leahdax Go to Quoted Post
Why is PC making new A2 Cuttlebug folders. They're just too small. I get why they don't want to produce a 12x12 embosser. They need to ditch the A2 and the 5x7 sizes and just make everything in the 5.5x12. That way people have the option of making quarter page cards, half-page cards or 12" borders. I know they said that their 5.5x12" folders didn't go over very well, but what do they expect - they only have two to choose from. I bet if they released the popular folders in 5.5x12 they would sell. I would love to see D'vine Swirl, Swiss Dots, Anchor's Aweigh, Juli's Garden, Argyle, Aleggro, Bloom Dot, Baby's Breath, Spots and Dots, Paisley and so many others in the 5.5x12 size.

If I buy the 5.5x12 then I would need to purchase the longer plates, right? That's one reason I didn't buy them or even look at what was available actually. If they went to mainly the 5.5x12 then I would purchase the plates needed, then they could also be used with the smaller folders too.

Never gave it too much thought until I read your post. BigGrin

Janis
ValerieSchomburg Offline
#12 Posted : Friday, May 03, 2013 4:13:17 PM(UTC)
ValerieSchomburg

Was thanked: 1633 time(s) in 1499 post(s)
I still like my A2 folders. I make a lot of cards and use them all the time. Although I bought my Cricut to do scrapbooking....that hasn't happened sadly. But I can see where larger sizes would be helpful at times. Overall though, my A2's are working fine for me. And yes, the AG folders are just a touch bigger which is nice.

I love my Cuttlebug and folders! Use them all the time. Don't know what I would do without them!
MaryScraps Offline
#13 Posted : Friday, May 03, 2013 5:49:13 PM(UTC)
MaryScraps

United States

Was thanked: 6935 time(s) in 2822 post(s)
You can also cut a slit in your folder at the top so you can emboss longer pieces of paper.
I learned that from Tim Holtz. **** JUST BE CAREFUL CUTTING IT ****
Leanner Offline
#14 Posted : Friday, May 03, 2013 8:25:28 PM(UTC)
Leanner

Was thanked: 1593 time(s) in 1176 post(s)
I snapped up those 5.5 by 12 as soon as they arrived at my J's. We sold out of them and just got some more in. I would love to see more.

Sherri Kay Offline
#15 Posted : Friday, May 03, 2013 8:36:34 PM(UTC)
Sherri Kay

United States

Was thanked: 2445 time(s) in 2192 post(s)
I have the eBosser and I love it! It's hard for me to crank those sandwiches through the Cuttlebug due to fibromyalgia, and the eBosser sends them through electronically. It puts a nice, deep emboss on your paper or whatever you're embossing. BigGrin