Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

86 Pages«<7475767778>»
lizzyea Offline
#2251 Posted : Wednesday, May 01, 2013 9:27:09 PM(UTC)
lizzyea

Groups: Registered

Good evening, friends!

HOORAY for you, Carrie! Such fabulous news!! And, what a huge relief.

Today, I came home from work and napped. It was great. No work on the house. I did talk with my brother's wife for quite awhile. I will go to Iowa this summer and we will place a marker on a space for his ashes. It's all so sad. I cannot stop the tears when I start to think or talk about him. His death was so strange. We are still awaiting the results of the autopsy, but apparently there was something definitely wrong with his blood because it was clotting way too much. She is working out all the details of arranging health insurance for their son and the like. She has handled so much all by herself. What a woman!

Work is...well....work. I'm not all about the testing, either, Pat. I think it's unnecessary, yet, there doesn't seem to be a better way to assess how effective the schools are doing their jobs. Unfortunately, they do not seem to take into account that some students are not good test-takers and that for some grade levels, there are too many state standards to teach in the months prior to giving the state tests to properly teach what will be on the state tests. Oh well....I should get off my soap box and stop worrying about the silly tests. As one of my colleagues said, I won't even be there next year when the results come out!

I do have some schoolwork to do tonight, so I'm going to have to go and finish reading some writing before tomorrow. Everyone take care.

rm920 Offline
#2252 Posted : Thursday, May 02, 2013 4:45:36 AM(UTC)
rm920

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Good morning

Lizzy, my heart goes out to your brother's wife. I understand some of the challenges she is facing. It will be nice for you to go visit her this summer. The visit will help you as well. I agree about all the testing. My son was never good at taking written tests. But when given verbal testing he could ace them. So many challenges faced by teachers today.

Carrie, that is fantastic news. Prayers worked! Now you can just relax and enjoy the weekend with family and friends. Good luck to DS.

Paula, glad you were able to find the dog's owner. And no harm came to him while he was on the run. You have been so busy lately. Hope you can take some down time soon.

Pat, were you able to finish your cards?

Well the weather sure made an about face! Yesterday near 80, near freezing now. We have been having rain overnight and looks to change to snow today. Hope not too much accumulation. Seems so odd to mow one day and a couple of days later we have snow. That is how it has been this spring. Glad I still have not planted my new plants. I had them out side for several days but brought them back in last night.

Hope everyone has a productive day.
I_M_BLEST Offline
#2253 Posted : Thursday, May 02, 2013 6:50:41 AM(UTC)
I_M_BLEST

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Good morning ladies.

I am supposed to be cleaning my Thur. house. They are out of town so I can go whenever I want. I was going to go early when I woke up but here I am still. No one will be home here today so I am not in a hurry to get back.

Lizzy, I am glad you are planning a trip to Iowa. I think having something to look forward to to meet with his wife (will she be there?) and place a marker will help you work through some of your feelings. I also hope you get some answers from the autopsy results.

Rhonda, what crazy weather you guys are having. It looks like it is hitting Nancy too. We have had a nice couple of days. Looks like rain the next few though.

OK, I am going to get moving and get it over with. Hope everyone has a good day.
lizzyea Offline
#2254 Posted : Thursday, May 02, 2013 8:46:53 PM(UTC)
lizzyea

Good evening, friends!

I am soooo.... cranky today and absolutely nothing is helping me to feel happier. I don't even know why I am so cranky, either. Perhaps I want something in my life settled...because right now nothing is settled. My house is a freaking upset mess. Nothing is clean, nothing is put away. My dresser drawers are stacked in a corner of the bedroom. I get dressed in the dark, blow dry my hair in the dark, and put on make-up in the dark...there are no bathroom lights right now.

I have gotten the run-around from Terminix and MAYBE will have some resolution by tomorrow...if the guy I finally talked to today calls me back tomorrow. But, if he doesn't, then, that drags on again. Terry leaves for a week sometime this weekend so there will be no real help from him on the house this upcoming week.

At work, the kids are squirrely...laughing inappropriately, making stupid/silly jokes, playing around, not listening, not paying attention, etc. To counter that, I need to pile on the work and I am going to have to dig deep to do that. I don't have much energy to dig up work for them to do...especially work where I don't have to guide their every movement!

OK...now I feel better. I do have a funny story to tell. At lunch today, apparently during a conversation a girl said loudly, "Well, I have a vagina." It was heard by the adult in charge who reported her for inappropriate language. When I saw her next, she was crying and (understandably) quite embarrassed. Later, when I had a chance to speak with her, it turned out that she and another girl were talking and the other girl had said something about how babies come out when women go to the bathroom. And that resulted in the first girl saying, "Well, I have a vagina." So, that's the background.... Fast forward to my conversation with the girls and they were referring to what "the word that was said as the B word". I got confused wondering if they were referring to "vagina" or "bitch" so I asked again, what word had been said. They each said what sounded to me like "vagina" but then I realized that in the learning of English, they thought it started with a "b". So, with my best teacher hat on, I saw this as a teachable moment and told them at in fact the word began with a "v" and to remember that in the future! WE chuckled a bit and then I returned to my conversation with them about appropriate language, etc.

Obviously, right now my life is just chaotic and crazy and stressful and over time, it will pass and seem like just a memory of a difficult time.

Thanks for listening...I appreciate your eyes and ears.

While Terry is in NC this next week, he is going to be looking at some houses. He contacted a real estate agent and she researched six houses for him to look at. I've looked at them on-line and I'm completely enamored with them! I'm just about ready to make the trek cross-country. I wish I could go with him to check out the properties. LOL

Paula, speaking of NC, you never told us what about Tay's visit in NC?

OK, friends, I need to go here and work on lesson plans for next week. And, maybe a project for them to work on at home. And maybe a test for them to take tomorrow. And a bunch of other things. WORK, WORK, WORK!

Bye for now.

I_M_BLEST Offline
#2255 Posted : Friday, May 03, 2013 5:48:21 AM(UTC)
I_M_BLEST

Good morning ladies.

Today DH and I are going north. I set aside today to hang out with my hometown friend. She moved to TX in the 70s but is staying with her mom for awhile to help her out. We were going to meet half way but DH wanted to meet with a builder about our siding/insulation for the cottage so we are heading up together. We will turn on the water and clean things up a bit. I will hang out with my friend today, we will stay at BIL's tonight and come home tomorrow in time for church since DH is working. We borrowed the church's trailor and have loaded up the entertainment center that I bought last winter. It weighs a ton and I am not kidding. DH and DS had all they could do to get it out the door and in the trailor. Sure hope BIL can help unload it.

Lizzy, I am sorry things are so difficult for you right now. You certainly have a lot on your plate!! Then throw the emotions of losing your brother and I can understand the struggle. Hang in there my friend. You are making great progress on the house and every day you are closer to that being ready. The countdown is on for the end of your teaching days and you are making plans to go to Iowa. You really are doing well when you step back and look. Hang in there my friend!!
I ment to call you to explain the scrapbook package. I used the layout ideas from idea books and included a pic so you could see what it looked like. Hope that makes sense.

Rhonda, our weather dropped 39* in one day...so strange!

Carrie, I suppose you are in full swing this weekend with your family! Enjoy!

Alright, I am going to finish getting ready and get out the door. Hope everyone has a great day!
I_M_BLEST Offline
#2256 Posted : Friday, May 03, 2013 5:50:18 AM(UTC)
I_M_BLEST

Oh Lizzy, Tay had a great time in NC. He loved everything about it. Katie's host family is great. The other young people involved in the internship are great. He had a really good time but hasn't said if he thinks it's for him or not.
Nancycs Offline
#2257 Posted : Friday, May 03, 2013 11:33:30 AM(UTC)
Nancycs

Good afternoon!

Paula I hope you are enjoying your day with your friend. Did BIL help with eh entertainment center?

Lizzy I am so sorry about your chaos. Soon enough your job will be off your plate and you can focus on you and your family. I hadn't realized that you had chosen where you would move. I hope one of the homes Terry looks at is just right for you!

Rhonda did you get any accumulating snow? I think I had my plants in the ground at this time last year. Which was earlier than normal because of our nice weather last spring. Such a crazy spring this year.

Carrie I hope you are enjoying time with your family!

Pat and Laurie I hope all is going well with you.

We ended up with over 14" of snow yesterday. The snow was so heavy that my Lilac bush is laying flat. It has never done that in the 18 years I have lived here. I don't know if it will recover or even what to do about it. Carter said the branches weren't broken just laying down. We did have other tree branches come down around the neighborhood with this heavy wet snow. Many in the area were without power as well. The kids didn't have school yesterday. They have never had a snow day in May. It is crazy. We set all kinds of records with this one. I hope this is the last of it and we get our spring weather soon.

This weekend Rick and I are going to the cities to run a few errands and Rick would like to go see the movie at the theatre. That is about all for our plans this weekend. I do need to figure out a mothers day project for the kids to make. I am thinking of doing something with hand or foot prints since I have the baby and he can't do much.

I better go find something for lunch.

I hope everyone is having a great day!

Flee57 Offline
#2258 Posted : Friday, May 03, 2013 7:05:04 PM(UTC)
Flee57

Good evening everyone! Just wanted to come in and say hello...I'm going to bed soon. So tired. But I did want to say...

SO HAPPY FOR THE GOOD NEWS CARRIE!!

Lizzy, sorry you are feeling crabby. I'm pretty crabby too and I don't even have 1/2 the issues you've got going on right now but I understand. (((HUGS)))

14 inches of snow in May! Something is not right!

Later
lizzyea Offline
#2259 Posted : Friday, May 03, 2013 10:18:01 PM(UTC)
lizzyea

Good Friday evening, friends!

Laurie, thanks so much for the chat this morning. I felt so much better after we talked.

I think that much of my terrible feelings right now are due to two things....the messiness of my house and the incredible sadness I feel with my brother's death. There isn't much I can do about either of those...just minimal things...but I can at least minimal things and I need to at least do those and should and MUST!

In the meantime, the rest of the things will take care of themselves.

Next week, Terry will be gone to NC, and I will be here to hold down the fort. I am thinking of taking one day as a "sick day" to take care of some things here around the house. If I do that, it might just give me a bit of breathing space that I need! LOL

I looked at my big stack of papers to grade and realized that some of them were already graded and just need to be filed. I brought home some of the papers to grade, though. I need to take care of them. My plan is to knock one stack of papers a day out until they are done. Then, I need to attack the rest of the things that need to be done! I also took a good look at my plans for Open House and I need to make all the arrangements to get those projects done.

The granite for the kitchen is to be installed the week after this one. All the lower cabinets are to be emptied so I have one week to get everything out of them and purged. I'm eager to take care of that! (Woo-hoo!!) My plan is to get rid of lots of it and not put back much of anything. I'm itching to get that done.

However, this weekend, I need to take care of some other home projects and if I have any extra time, begin wrapping and packing dishes and other breakables. Right now, all that is piled in the dining room and I doubt I can take anything else in there.

I'm going to say good night and see if there is anything I can work on tonight school-wise to whack out...so everyone have a good evening/weekend.
rm920 Offline
#2260 Posted : Saturday, May 04, 2013 5:17:48 AM(UTC)
rm920

good morning...

Lizzy, I can sure understand your frustration. Having the entire house in such disarray would really cause a lot of anxiety. And then dealing with your loss only adds to your anxiety levels. Just know that you can come in here and lean on us at any time. And on the home front there will be light at the end of the tunnel. Are you leaning towards moving to the NC area?

Laurie, how did the sale go? Hope you were able to get rid of more stuff. Have you been able to show the house much yet?

Nancy, 14 inches of snow???!!!!?? Wow! This has got to be the last blast of winter. Enjoy the weekend in the cities.

Paula, I know you are up north. Have a great weekend visiting with your friend.

Pat, what have you been working on?

Carrie, have you gotten all the bugs out of the software and gotten the social network back on track?

Things are still cold and soggy here. Still have a chance of light snow/sleet mixture today.

Today is Heather's birthday. The kids, Wade and I are going to pick out her headstone. Wade kept putting it off so I finally just said we are going to get it done. This should have been done a long time ago. I feel she deserves to be honored properly. Will be a hard day for me. Ken's birthday will be Monday, so I dread this time of year. So many memories. After we are finished at the monument place, we will go out for lunch. It will be nice to share this day with Cody and Amber.

Not sure what is on tap for the rest of the weekend. I told my friend, I don't think I want to mow any more. Each time I mow this year, we have snow a couple of days later!

What is everyone else up to this weekend?
lizzyea Offline
#2261 Posted : Saturday, May 04, 2013 12:44:56 PM(UTC)
lizzyea

Good Weekend Greetings my friends!

Oh, Rhonda, this is a tough time of year for you. I'm so sorry. Yes, indeed, you need to pick a headstone for Heather and take time to spend the day with Amber and Cody. I'm sure Wade put it off because it was also hard for him as well. But, sometimes, there is resolution in doing what is hard, too. I hope you find comfort from your friends and family today and the next several days. Much love to you...just as you said to me, remember you can come in here for support - or call - or send a private email. (My phone number is 714-393-3911 and my email is eawoodfield@att.net)

I am feeling better today and have already accomplished some of the tasks on my "to do" list. It's a relatively long list, but I think by the end of the weekend, I can get it all done. I'll put it here to keep myself accountable:

--empty out under wet bar

--sort out all lower kitchen cabinets (have already done some)

--go through my closet again as well as clothing bins in garage

--go through K & S rooms again (final time before painting)

As I go through things, I am putting the things I don't want into my car for the family at work who wants them for their yard sale. Some things I am putting on some shelves for Kat; but if she doesn't want them, I'll put them into the car for the yard sale. It's so easy because they come right to school and take them out of the car. Then, if it's trash, well, right into the trash cans.

We had a wooden cart we were using as an island in the kitchen and I unloaded it and moved it out. I'll put that into my car for the yard sale family. They will be happy with that, I'm sure!
It's actually pretty nice - from Ikea - not terribly expensive and we used it for quite a few years. But the kitchen looks huge without it so of course, we want it out!

As for my clothes, I've lost close to 30 lbs. and I need smaller clothes. I have some in the garage, so I need to shift clothing.

I have gone through all of our linen cupboards and pulled out lots and lots of sheets and towels to donate. I've kept only blue towels, etc. and sheets for the beds that I were complete sets with four pillowcases each. If I had more than two sets of sheets for each bed, I put any extras into the pile. I ended up with a huge pile of stuff to take to either our vet or the dog shelter. They use these items for the animals there. If they have extra, they give them to the rescue facilities. I need to go through the enormous collection of beach towels we also have. I know Kat doesn't need more sheets because I've given her sets for Christmas the last couple of years, although she might need more towels. She can look through the bag before I make the donation...unless I get tired of it sitting here and take it to off somewhere.

Well, Rhonda, there could be some connection between your mowing and the snow...but I rather doubt it...but then again! LOL

I'm eager to hear how much money you made from your sale, Laurie!!

Pat, what have you been doing?

Paula, how was your weekend with your friend? Did your men get the entertainment center unloaded without incident?

Carrie, how was your weekend?

Well, friends, I'm going to drink my latte and relax a bit.

Oh...Nancy...we have not definitely decided on NC as our future residence. But, we are seriously considering it.

imnchghere Offline
#2262 Posted : Sunday, May 05, 2013 7:22:41 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

Was thanked: 99 time(s) in 77 post(s)
good Sunday morning friends.. I hadn't realized it had been a few days since I posted. I read everything with intentions to comment and then get sidetracked. Unfortunately I am not being very productive.
I did manage to get the cards finished that were on my work table. And I managed to get a birthday card for my Mom sent out, although it will probably arrive a day late. I will call her though, so I am covered. With any luck she will be able to get the steroid injection this coming week. If it works, I can go out to CA when ever I am ready. If it doesn't give her any relief, then surgery will be scheduled and that will create a different plan. Hoping to talk to my sister today and find out what happened Friday with the Dr.
And so that is how it goes with me for now. I thought maybe I could catch up here, but not sure.
Paula, I know you were going north. I hope you got the entertainment center unloaded and anything else done you had planned. Seemed it was a quick trip.
Laurie, I hope you were able to sell some things at the sale. Did you get any lookers at the house?
Nancy, BOO on the snow. Enough of winter already!! We are a bit cooler than we should be, but at least it is not freezing/snowing. I did notice some of the cute Mother's Day projects you were pinning on Pinterest.
Carrie, how did Jon end up doing in the tournament? Hope you are having a relaxing, good time with family. After the last couple weeks, you sure need it.
Rhonda, I hope you were able to find a nice stone for Heather and had a good day with everyone. I did notice on FB your profile pic is Payton. Is that a fairly new picture? What a cutie she is.
When I was cleaning out some pictures the other day (and looking for some) I came across the ones of us in SLC. Good memories of fun times.
Lizzy, Lizzy, Lizzy. Things are definitely moving along for you and I hope Terry is able to check out those homes in NC. I would be thrilled if you were to move there Smile, since we visit there often. I also want to say congrats on the weight loss. I keep plugging away here, but I need to work on more exercise.

Well, it is time to get off the computer and get out to the garage. Plan is to make a dump run and also move a few things into the shed. I might also see about some large items out there for donation. Hoping to take advantage of Jim's muscle today.
Have a beautiful day everyone.

Flee57 Offline
#2263 Posted : Sunday, May 05, 2013 7:27:52 AM(UTC)
Flee57

Good morning everyone! I've been up for a couple of hours. Bed is made (I never fully make the bed LOL) bedrooms are clean, bathrooms are clean. ready to show for the day...at least on that end of the house. I need to straighten the kitchen and living room. then I need to tackle a bigger job in the kitchen. It's clean, but I need to deep clean. Was down inside and outside of cupboards. throw away or pack what what I don't need or won't use for a while. I have to clean the oven and that awful drawer underneath it. I hate that drawer. I need to empty the drawers out of that dresser I was using in my scrap room as a work area. Soeone is coming to pick it up today.

My scrap room is just about empty again. At 4 yesterday there were 5 ladies from the FB yard sale site that showed up to get whatever they wanted to take. Then one of the ladies came with her truck and took the rest. I told her I didn't care if she keeps it, sells it, donates it whatever...but that she was helping me tremendously by getting it out of my house! So, as far as the yardsale, very successful cause it's all gone. I made $397 minus the $20 I paid her to haul it away...$20 welll spent!!! So between the FB yardsale site and my actual yardsale, I made almost $1000. SUCCESS! And my house right now is clutter free except for the packed boxes we have hidden in closets and in the scraproom...but there's not too many so far.

Rhonda, (((BIG HUGS))) You, Amber, Cody and Wade. This will be a tough day for all. But it will also be a good day for remembering Heather and sharing good memories together.

Lizzy, I'm glad us talking helps. You always help me during our phone calls too. I can't wait for us to live closer together...at least a driveable difference for a long weekend together. We've been very long distance friends for about 15 years now and our friendship will have a new and different twist to it that way. Much easier to visit. remember in the beginning when we used Yahoo chat and I'd be up all hours of the night chatting with you. that's how you became my very dearest best friend. Distance has never been an issue in our friendship.

I hope everyone is having a great weekend. Love you all!

Later!
File Attachment(s):
DSC_0221.JPG (1,485kb) downloaded 10 time(s).
Flee57 Offline
#2264 Posted : Sunday, May 05, 2013 7:31:17 AM(UTC)
Flee57

Sent a pic in the last post of my new bedding. It comes off the bed every night and up in the closed. I'm not a white person...I don't want to get it dirty LOL

Oh and I ended up selling about 10 of my cards yesterday! The first 3 to a man! Go figure!
lizzyea Offline
#2265 Posted : Sunday, May 05, 2013 8:10:51 PM(UTC)
lizzyea

Good evening, friends! It's Sunday evening and I'm winding down, preparing for the week. I'll report on my chore list first:

--empty out under wet bar - fail Angry

--sort out all lower kitchen cabinets (have already done some) - win BigGrin

--go through my closet again as well as clothing bins in garage - half-win Blink

--go through K & S rooms again (final time before painting) - win BigGrin

PLUS

--put all of the stuff for Kat on her shelves - BigGrin

--loaded the car with stuff for my yard sale family -BigGrin

--did about four more loads of laundry - I'm washing all the linens from Kat's and Sarah's rooms plus all the towels from the bathrooms - which results in tons and tons of extra laundry -BigGrin

I think I'm going to buy a large plastic tub to put all of the extra linens in in preparation for moving. I have extra quilts, blankets, towels, etc. It's crazy. I'm unwilling to get rid of all of them right now.

Rhonda, how was your weekend? Did you enjoy your time with Amber and Cody? I hope so.

Paula, are you back from your trip up north?

Carrie, I saw your pictures on FB of the tournament. How did Jon do?

Pat, did you get yourself refocused? I'm sure it is difficult with the situation with your mother hanging over your head.

I am focusing on just a few areas of our home now: the bonus room still plagues me and now I have the dining room full of breakable things to be wrapped and packed. I am going to have to make a box for some of Kat's things which are odd-sized, but that won't be a super-problem...just time consuming. Once I get focused, I can do it. As for the breakable stuff, it will be a matter of just focusing on it. I have quite a few podcasts downloaded so I can listen to them which I work.

Well, I need to plan my lessons for this next week....so away I go. I'll check in later.

I_M_BLEST Offline
#2266 Posted : Sunday, May 05, 2013 9:16:00 PM(UTC)
I_M_BLEST

Hello, hello ladies.

Yes, we came home yesterday. The two ton entertainment center got unloaded without any hernias. DH and BIL did it while I was with my friend. RollEyes
It's much smaller that the old one so now I have to figure out where to put all the stuff that was on it. Last summer I bought baskets that fit in the compartments to store games, books, puzzles, ect.
I had a nice time with my friend. We did a bit of shopping (three resale shops) and went out to dinner then to Khols to use the $10 free and 30% coupon I had.

Been busy since we got home. I did hold the twins today and helped their mom make some teacher favors (like 24)
Flee57 Offline
#2267 Posted : Sunday, May 05, 2013 9:55:12 PM(UTC)
Flee57

Pat, I think we posted at the same time this morning and I missed yours. There were about 6 people who took flyers so I guess that's a good sign. I hope you were able to get news on your Mom.

Oh and Lizzy, I meant to give a big CONGRATS on the 30 lbs. You're doing awesome! You also got a lot done today too. I worked on emptying out the dresser in the scraproom so the lady who wants it can come get it. I also worked on the bedroom closets. got a lot done

It's sleepy time now...I hope!

Later!

QtnSasyCarrie Offline
#2268 Posted : Monday, May 06, 2013 5:20:00 AM(UTC)
QtnSasyCarrie

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered

Hello and Happy Monday!

I get so overwhelmed when I come on and see all the posts I missed and have to "catch up". I skimmed a little bit but not enough to grasp anything important.

The family is gone and quiet has returned this morning. My brother was a huge help with the social media. The hardest part about it is wondering if I am putting something on that Jim will have a fit about. Yikes! Like walking on eggshells. It is a lot of work though and I think as I understand it more and more, I'll get better on it. Twitter is the worst! 140 characters. Ugh!

Jon didn't play his best golf. I don't know if having all the people watching him caused him to try to hard or what but it wasn't the same Jon out there. So needless to say that Jon's team will not be going to NCAA championship in Florida next week.

Dear Rhonda and Lizzy. I would like to share with you something that has helped me. "Celebrate the days you had together." Think of what your life would be if you had never met. Have faith that they were taken do to a higher calling and someday you will see them again. Hugs to both of you!

Have to run. More later.
imnchghere Offline
#2269 Posted : Monday, May 06, 2013 6:56:48 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

Monday again and I have a lot to do. Seems like we are all facing challenges of some sort. I need to be ready for the society newsletter that will go to press in the next week or so. It didn't sneak up on me, but I do have a number of things to do today to be ready.

Carrie, I can see your concern on the social media for Jim. Too much?, too little?.... and where is the fine line. Glad you got some good help from your brother.
I did have fun looking at the golf pics you posted. Especially the one of the water shot. The other one was of your parents (I am guessing) with completely different expressions on their faces at what appeared to be the same moment. ??? Sorry though the team won't be moving on to FL.

Today I am going to make a list and see if that helps me stay focused.

1. ride the bike Smile
2. print mailing labels for newsletter Smile
3. email minutes, column and new member names to editor Smile Smile Smile
4. scan/save document to my research drive. (it has been sitting on the scanner for a week) Smile
5. spend a little more time with the Zumba dvd. Sad

6. Print pictures from the MOD walk and the Komen walk, so I can start those pages. Smile Smile
7. Finish up Just Because cards and get them ready to mail. Sad

This sounds like way more than it is and if I can focus, I should lots of BigGrin by the end of the day.

Hope everyone has a good day, whatever you are facing.

good evening I had a very good day. Lots accomplished and even some NOT on my list including a load of laundry and putting together pictures for a photo collage.

Just couldn't get the cards going though. So those will go back on my list for tomorrow.

Hope everyone had a good Monday. Ending the night with a mug of challenge tea.

Edited by user Monday, May 06, 2013 6:53:19 PM(UTC)  | Reason: progress report

I_M_BLEST Offline
#2270 Posted : Monday, May 06, 2013 7:14:06 PM(UTC)
I_M_BLEST

Wow Pat! You did really well today. You deserve that cup of tea! :)

Carrie, it sounds like you had a really nice weekend with family. Sorry Jon and his team didn't do as well as they had hoped.

Laurie, your new bedding looks nice. Hurray for selling some cards. Was it a fun day?

Lizzy, hope your monday went well.

Nancy, did your snow melt?

Rhonda, what are you up to?

Today Deb came. It was good to catch up. Another friend came over and brought the stamps she wants me to keep in case she ever wants to use them. She is trying to get her house cleaned up so if she has to sell it she will have a start on it. She lost her job to outsourcing. She has a really big job ahead of her, 32 years there and a mold problem in the basement.
Then I went to Cindi's house to watch the kids so she could have a bit of time off. My friend's daughter came too so we walked to the park. While Rosie played with the three year old, I walked around the park with the twins in a stroller. It worked out well. Then we went back to the house, played and fed the babies, gave 3 y old a bath and did the dishes. It gave her time to balance her checkbook. Not much fun but she felt good about getting something done.
Oh, we had Tay's car towed today because the brakes went out. (brake line problem) While it was there we got new front brakes since it would need them by the end of the summer.

Tomorrow is the two big house day. Vonda will be cleaning with me so it will be fine.
lizzyea Offline
#2271 Posted : Monday, May 06, 2013 9:42:38 PM(UTC)
lizzyea

Hi friends! I was headed to bed but thought I would write a post first. I am exhausted...not sure why...but nevertheless I am.

When I got home from work, the painted asked me to move everything in the bonus room to the center of the room. Oh my gosh...that took me the better part of an hour. He has moved some of the stuff so I had to move it again. It would have been better if he hadn't moved it to begin with, but that is water under the bridge. Then, I had a basket of stuff to give to Kelly, plus some other stuff to take downstairs. I was carrying it downstairs when it broke and everything fell out and it all tumbled down the stairs. It doesn't appear that anything, except the basket, broke.

There is still a bunch of stuff to move out of this house and I am so incredibly tired of moving stuff and hauling stuff and stacking stuff. Yeech!

Anyway, I persevere.

Work was fine today. I nailed two students right away this morning who weren't paying attention and that set the bar for everyone. That did away with any shenanigans for the remainder of the day.

I then rearranged the room after school to see if that will help any. I doubt it, but hope can spring eternal!

Terminix is finally tuning in that I am an ongoing customer and need some attention. I have established communication with a man who finally "got it" that I have a contract with them. He called me today; then called me back to say he is turning my file over to some manager to review, blah, blah, blah...which apparently will get me service much faster. We'll see!

The painter is bearing down on the bonus room and then will move into our bathroom and bedroom. That will leave just Terry's office space which will be a nightmare. I am hoping that by then Terry will have returned from his travels so that he can get all of that area ready for the painter. There are a few items I need to remove from those areas and then Terry is on his own.

Kat and Malcolm are apparently coming down this weekend and I warned her I am going to put them to work. I desperately need help wrapping and packing breakables. If I can get that stuff done and stuff from the bonus room packed, I will be happy. Then we can get the big boys back over here to tote boxes. Maybe, just maybe, we can wrap this torture up!

OK, friends...I must go to bed. My head hurts and I am ready to sleep. Everyone take care. See you later...well, figuratively speaking!
Flee57 Offline
#2272 Posted : Tuesday, May 07, 2013 7:16:56 AM(UTC)
Flee57

Good morning everyone!

I have a busy day today. I'm not in the right place to be able to get it done, but I will. My 55 year old body is just aching! Here's my list

-clean oven and oven drawer

-wipe down inside and outside of kitchen and bathroom cabinets

-clean behind and under stove, washer and dryer

-clean out kitchen closet

-clean out the stuff I put on the side of the bed that you can't see...unless you go to the other side of the bed

-take old paint (from living room) to Lowes so they can shake it up good for me

-return curtains and switchplate...first have to remember where I bought the curtains

-buy curtain rod and sheer scarf for living room window

-take bag of towels, sheets and blankets to PAWS

-take other bag to Heart House (homeless shelter)

-take old monitor to the recycle place behind Heart House

-use the old living room paint to touch up some areas in LR and Kit

So, I'm not in the mood to do any of this! think I'll get anything done? LOL

Later!
Much later!

Flee57 Offline
#2273 Posted : Tuesday, May 07, 2013 12:04:55 PM(UTC)
Flee57

well, I haven't done a lot cause I'm moving kind of slow but all the upper cabinets are cleaned out, washed down and purged. I even have free space now. The stove hood is done and so it the frige top. Next is the countertop then the lower cabinets and that job will be done! Yeah!

I have to have everything complete by Thursday because Sadie and I are going up to MI for a long well deserved weekend. There was stuff I was selling that my Sisters wanted so I am going up with all that to get it out of the house. gotta try to fit a 5' table in my car...not too sure it's going to fit.

While in my upper cabinets I found something my Mom had bought for us the first year we moved here that I've never used. I was really into palm trees and she bought us a bowl and pitcher with palm trees and flamingos on them. D and I decided our first night in FL that we will sit on our patio (I don't know on what because I sold my red chairs on the front porch DUH!)fill the bowl with a snack and the pitcher with lemonade and toast to my Mom.

well back to my cleaning! Been a good day so far!

Later!
Nancycs Offline
#2274 Posted : Tuesday, May 07, 2013 12:17:49 PM(UTC)
Nancycs

Good afternoon!

Laurie you have a huge list. Maybe once you start you will just knock off that to do list quickly!BigGrin You just posted. I like the idea of using that set your first night in FL and toasting to your mom.

Lizzy you are cruising along. I think it is good that you are going to have helpers this weekend! Are you still thinking about FL as well as NC? WTG on your weight loss!

Paula our snow is almost gone. It is funny being out with no coats, the kids even have shorts on, and there are still snow piles where it was extra deep or doesn't get much sun. I hope your houses went well today. It is nice to have help. I imagine it is a little more fun!

Pat you did a pretty good job on your list. I hope today is going well too!

Carrie sorry about Jon's game. I know I do not do well when people are watching me.

Rhonda (((HUGS))). I hope these last few days haven't been too hard on you.

We have a beautiful day here. We actually managed to get outside even with our busy morning. We learned a new letter and started our Mother's Day projects. I know we may get the next couple of days inside to keep working on those projects since we will have rain. Friday looks clear again.

I need to call my mom and let her know we will be picking her up to take her out to eat for mother's day. They eat so early that we can't just show up, well we can but we have to show up before 11 or 5. I just have to figure out where we will be taking her and when.

Well I typed this about an hour ago! LOL

Have a great day everyone!
Flee57 Offline
#2275 Posted : Tuesday, May 07, 2013 8:49:56 PM(UTC)
Flee57

Lets see how I did

-clean oven and oven drawer BigGrin

-wipe down inside and outside of kitchen and bathroom cabinets BigGrin

-clean behind and under stove, washer and dryer BigGrin

-clean out kitchen closet BigGrin

-clean out the stuff I put on the side of the bed that you can't see...unless you go to the other side of the bed Glare Got some of it taken care of

-take old paint (from living room) to Lowes so they can shake it up good for me Glare

-return curtains and switchplate...first have to remember where I bought the curtains Glare

-buy curtain rod and sheer scarf for living room window Glare

-take bag of towels, sheets and blankets to PAWS Glare The bag madeit to the car

-take other bag to Heart House (homeless shelter) Glare the bag made it to the car

-take old monitor to the recycle place behind Heart House Glare

-use the old living room paint to touch up some areas in LR and Kit Glare

I guess I'll just add it to my list tomorrow.

Earlier this evening a car went by, it turned around and they went by slow and stopped to take down the # on the sign. Keeping fingers crossed that they call my agent tomorrow. My kitchen is definitely clean and ready!

Later!
Nancycs Offline
#2276 Posted : Wednesday, May 08, 2013 6:05:49 AM(UTC)
Nancycs

Good morning!

Laurie it looks like you got one room done! I bet you can get the rest done today! I hope that person calls your agent today too! ThumpUp

Well it sure is nice today. The sun is out again. I know it won't stay long since we have that rain in the forecast but we should be able to get out this morning at least. Maybe the rain will hold off and we will make it out this afternoon too.

We will continue working on Mother's Day projects today. I am hoping we can get them done. I know there will be a couple who weren't here yesterday and one who will be gone so there will be 3 that will have to be finished tomorrow, but for the most part they will be done.

I need to get some mother's day cards made or use some I already have. I had made a couple with mother's day in mind so I will just have to stamp a sentiment. I will take my mom out this weekend for dinner and my MIL will be coming over on Saturday. I also have to get a gift card to our local greenhouse as well as wrap a couple of gifts.

I need to figure out a dessert when my MIL is here. I may make a honey bun cake. It is easy and yummy.

Have a great day!
imnchghere Offline
#2277 Posted : Wednesday, May 08, 2013 6:58:58 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

good morning.. we had a bit of sun here earlier, but it's clouding back up and rain is in the forecast. This weather pattern is getting tiresome.
Laurie, I agree with Nancy on your progress yesterday. You had a lot on the list and if you plug away some more today it will get done.

Nancy, I hope you can get the kids outside today and make progress on the MD projects. What did you have them make? You pinned some really cute ones on Pinterest.
I sent my Mom a card for her birthday and MD last week. I told her we will do something for both when I come to visit.

Well, my day yesterday was not so productive as Monday. But I did take care of printing a few more pics for the pages I want to work on and I have everything ready for mailing the society newsletter when I get the file and get it printed. That should probably be next week.

If I do nothing else today, I am going to ride the bike and spend time with the Zumba dvd. I am so un co-ordinated.
Also on my list are:
1. setting up the new CFS theme.
2. post office to mail a vinyl cut I did for someone on this board
3. trim all the pictures and start the page kit pkgs.
4. work on the just because cards.

Doing #3 & 4, will clean up my work table and maybe I can then get back to purging/trashing of the craft stuff.

Nancycs Offline
#2278 Posted : Wednesday, May 08, 2013 12:28:14 PM(UTC)
Nancycs

Pat I did get my idea from pinterest. I put their footprints on card stock that has this poem printed on it.

My footprint is small but getting bigger everyday.
I’m learning how to be big by watching you work, love and play!
Remember when your days are long and you can’t walk another mile
that this little footprint makes it all worthwhile!

They are then decorating the edge with their finger prints to look like a frame. It is taking longer than I thought but it is turning out cute. Even the baby could do it (with help of course).

It looks like our rain will hold off so we can get outside. I was kind of hoping for rain so we can keep going on these gifts. There is always tomorrow!

Rest time went too fast. I got the Mother's day cards done with sentiments and one of the gifts wrapped. It is now time for the little ones to be getting up.

lizzyea Offline
#2279 Posted : Wednesday, May 08, 2013 6:04:46 PM(UTC)
lizzyea

Hi friends! I read your post, Laurie, and completely sympathize with how tired you feel. This evening, I am noticing how sore my back is, from moving stuff the last two nights. I think I strained it last night when I had to move drawers of clothing. Terry's are pretty large and cumbersome. Yes, I was grumbling about it under my breath since he wasn't here to help! LOL

Tonight, however, I have a break. All I have to do for tomorrow is clear off the vanity in bathroom which won't be much since there isn't much on it to begin with anyway! Yippee!

Nancy, I pinned many of your ideas for Father's Day last evening. I already had an idea for Mother's Day, but I definitely needed one for Father's Day. I can't remember which one caught my eye particularly, but I don't want to wait until the last minute. Luckily, one of my grade-level colleagues had a great idea that I am using for Mother's Day. We got it started today and everyone did pretty well except one fellow who completely messed it up, but his will be what it is. I really emphasized to the students that they are not to stress about certain parts of the project because what makes it special is that it is a card made by them for their mothers and that alone is what is so very special to their mothers.

My next project is to prepare for the California State Testing. I am cutting paper in the shape of a pennant (like a college pennant) and writing the name of each student on one of them in large letters. Then, I am sending it home for the student's family to write messages on it for their child wishing them "good luck" on the tests and similar sentiments. The sample I have made for them to see says things like: "Good luck!" and "Do your best!" and "We're proud of you!" Each student has a folding "office" or "privacy folder" which they set up and work behind and these pennants will be clipped to one of the "walls" of the privacy folder for them to look at while they work. It personalizes their work space and can be a motivator for them, or at least I hope it can!

Once I've got these pennants completed, I need to start making flip books for science projects and some other foldables for another part of the science project.

I still have to decide some of my other projects for the end of the year. Worse than that, I have to write sub plans for the three days that I will be gone to Sarah's graduation! Yeech! At least I have a good sub lined up. She can be a bit on the strict side, but I think it will work out OK. At least I know things will be covered.

On that note, friends, I am going to sign off and get moving on my tasks.

rm920 Offline
#2280 Posted : Wednesday, May 08, 2013 7:24:10 PM(UTC)
rm920

Hello friends....

Sounds like everyone is very busy.

Laurie, you have quite a list there but have been making great progress. Sure hope you get more interest in your house real soon. And it will be so nice to have all the decluttering done so moving will be much easier.

Lizzy, you have been one busy woman as well! I am tired just reading all the tasks you are doing. But I'll bet your house is really looking great. Glad you were able to find father's day project now so you don't have to stress about it later. Do take it easy though - don't want you getting hurt moving things around. Also, congrats on the weight loss. You are doing awesome. I like the pennant of good wishes and motivational statements from family members and think it is a great idea.

Pat, how did you do with the zumba dvd? I have often though of giving them a try. How do you like them?

Nancy, I love the poem about the footprints! I will have to keep this handy and maybe help Payton make a card for her mom next year.

Paula, you are still busy as well. Sorry you have already had your first mosquito of the season. I sure do not look forward to that!

Nothing exciting here. Have been working a bit late each evening. I mowed again last night. Tonight we are having a bit of a storm, so keeping my eye on the weather radar. This weekend I need to get busy and get a graduation card made for my niece who graduates next weekend. I also want to make a card for Amber to give to her after her performance in the Spring Music Program next week - just something to let her know how proud of her I am!