Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
TurtleBug Offline
#31 Posted : Saturday, May 04, 2013 1:47:45 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 974 time(s) in 635 post(s)
BingoLady
#3 - Very nice, like the design along the edges and row of flowers. Nice silhouette of the girl, too.
#2 – You are on a roll with your Christmas cards! Like all the details and cute Snowmen. Very nice card.

NanaDonna,
WOW!! Beautiful card, LOVE the delicate flowers and all the textures of papers, the vellum is so pretty. Like the “embossed” icing and the frame is so pretty, too. You did an awesome job on it, the happy couple will love it!
#1 - Love the pretty sentiment and color combo, like the distressed look around the triangles.

sunnieday
I have been having the same problem with my keyboard for a while. I type away, look up and half the letters are missing…wonder if it’s time for me to get a new keyboard?
Sorry, I skipped your #2 card on my last comments post. I think you posted it while I was commenting...
#2 in Ad Colors - Very nice, like the way the BG paper shows through the banner cuts and black circles, and like the scalloped edge to the right side of it. Very bold and bright card.
#3 – Love the BG paper and pretty flowers. I like the idea of using two separate stamps, thanks for the inspiration! Nice card.

Have been wanting to post my #2 card for two days now and have not found the time...I am off to my DGSs baseball game and then to the church Cinco de Mayo fiesta. Will try to post it tonight.
Have a great week-end, Ladies!

Edited by user Saturday, May 04, 2013 1:53:53 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

*NanaDonna* Offline
#32 Posted : Saturday, May 04, 2013 3:30:17 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Was thanked: 2645 time(s) in 1400 post(s)
I finished my #2 a couple hours ago but just got around to taking the pictures and editing them. I got side tracked finishing up the wedding card inside. I also have to make any envelope box to put it in.

Sketch #2 All papers are from CTMH Tommy paper pack and canvas stickers
I cut the banner pieces using the Art Philosophy cartridge then place the stickers
over the top of them. I embossed the yellow piece with a Darcie lighthouse
embossing folder. The sentiment is stamped and heat embossed. Added a piece
of burlap "ribbon" for the bottom banner. TFL
 1 user thanked *NanaDonna* for this useful post.
DeeScraps on 5/5/2013(UTC)
TurtleBug Offline
#33 Posted : Sunday, May 05, 2013 12:35:58 AM(UTC)
TurtleBug

OK, time to confess...I sooooo dislike making cards with Banners, although I like the results of using them on a card. My good mentor, NanaDonna, is determined to make me learn how to make banners using CCR. So, I go and make them using my "Artiste" cart on CCR and click on "cut". It tells me I have the wrong cart and to insert the "Pretty Penants" cart, which I don't have....go figure! I will continue to practice, my dear Mentor!!LOL This is my attempt on my #2 card with FOUR banners on it!!OhMyGod

My Sketch Card #2 in the Ad Colors:

Three Small Banners - Cut BY HAND out of satin ribbon
Large White Circle - Plantin SchoolBook embossed with the CB "Stylized Flowers" folder
Sentiment - CTMH Acrylic Stamp from the "Remarkable Wreaths" collection
Smaller Scalloped Circle with red trim - Cut on CCR with Lacy Labels Cartridge
Large Banner - Cut BY HAND and embossed with "Stylized Flowers" CB folder
Added Blk/Red polka dot ribbon, heart gems and some black ribbon with silver threads in it, under the rose printed paper, it doesn't show very well.Sad
TFL!!Smile

Edited by user Sunday, May 05, 2013 12:44:38 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked TurtleBug for this useful post.
LisaW. Offline
#34 Posted : Sunday, May 05, 2013 10:02:08 AM(UTC)
LisaW.

United States

Was thanked: 146 time(s) in 102 post(s)
I am going to post 2 of my sketches I got done as I took part of the day off today but now it is time to get outside and mow the lawn. I will try to get back on before I start my shift later.

Sketch #1...ad color and an anniversary card for either my brother or my grandparents...as soon as I decide and find out I will write their years in the little heart.

Cartridge: Sweethearts for couple and the hearts (the hearts are from the "letter").
Punch: MS heart
Embossing: Dots

Sketch #2...this card has been stuck in my head ever since I saw the posting of the duck dynasty cupcakes. I'll admit this is one show that I actually think is funny and watch it.

I am with you turtlebug...I am not a fan of banners but I was at archivers and they had a banner punch that I bought. I punched out my banners and then I trimmed them down a little bit to get smaller.

Cartridge: Celebrations
Burlap ribbon: Michaels
Embossing: Dots
Nestibilities: Circles

LisaW. attached the following image(s):
DSCF0362.JPG
DSCF0369.JPG
 1 user thanked LisaW. for this useful post.
DeeScraps Offline
#35 Posted : Sunday, May 05, 2013 11:12:39 AM(UTC)
DeeScraps

Was thanked: 776 time(s) in 606 post(s)
Wow, the week is getting away from me!!!! I finally finished one card, but I had a dickens of a time taking a photo that showed the colors in the cupcake but didn't wash them out.

This is Sketch #1 and also the Ad Colors. All the papers are scraps. The stamp is by My Favorite Things, as is the border cut. I paper-pieced the dress, punched the 3 small flowers and put White Accents in the center of each. I have Glossy Accents on the shoes, the cherry, and on some of the sprinkles. I also used the Swiss Dots CB Folder on the border cut. I used Copics and Prisma Colored Pencils.

Thanks for looking,

Dee

[img=http://][/img]
DeeScraps Offline
#36 Posted : Sunday, May 05, 2013 11:26:59 AM(UTC)
DeeScraps

Who is hosting next week? I'll send you the Ad Colors or I can post them. Just let me know.

Dee
*NanaDonna* Offline
#37 Posted : Sunday, May 05, 2013 11:55:07 AM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Wanted to share this with you since I shared the wedding card. Because the card was so "fat" I had to make an envelope box to put it in, so here is it

Gisele Offline
#38 Posted : Sunday, May 05, 2013 4:48:42 PM(UTC)
Gisele

Was thanked: 549 time(s) in 339 post(s)
The weather was gorgeous here so was busy with Spring cleaning. I only had time to complete the inside of my cards so sorry nothing to share tonight.

Donna – Wonderful Sketch #2 – love the papers and embossed light house! I’ve been seeing more burlap lately and might need to go shopping! Beautiful inside for the wedding card! TFS!

Turtlebug – sorry for giving you a sketch with banners but you did such a wonderful job! Lovely Lacy Label circle and pretty stamp too!

Lisa – Love your silhouette anniversary card for Sketch #1! Great idea to personalize the hearts! Great birthday card with the banners!

Dee – Ah such a cute birthday card in the ad colours! Love the black plaid background and little details!
 1 user thanked Gisele for this useful post.
TurtleBug on 5/7/2013(UTC)
TurtleBug Offline
#39 Posted : Sunday, May 05, 2013 4:50:57 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

LisaW.
#1 in Ad Colors - Nice precise cut on the delicate shilouette cut. I have a hard time getting intricate cuts to cut so clean. Like the old-fasdhined look of the image, so romantic. Very nice!
#2 - Different look, but works well! The colors throughout are perfect and the Burlap ribbon is a great choice for the theme of this card. Have heard alot about Duck Dynasty but have never watched it, not much into duck huntingLOL.

DeeScraps
Yes, the week gets away from all of us so quickly, I still have to make my sketch #3. Well, I need to get over my dislike of using banners and am determined to get better at making them on CCR, but that banner punch you bought sure sounds inviting!LOL
#1 in Ad Colors - So cute!! Good job with the Copics and paper-piecing the dress. I saw a video on paper-piecing once and it sure is alot of work on images with alot of detail. The bright white flower centers you added really make the tiny flowers pop. Great card!

NanaDonna
BEAUTIFUL!!! Sure wish this card was for me and my DH!Laugh I have an idea Donna, make it all white, with white Roses with a touch of yellow on them, instead of the cake for our next Anniversary, promise!!? OH, AND you HAVE to mail it to us in THAT pretty envelope box. All kidding aside Donna, you really outdid yourself with this card. The happy couple is sure to love and treasure it always.

Edited by user Sunday, May 05, 2013 4:54:52 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

TurtleBug Offline
#40 Posted : Sunday, May 05, 2013 5:07:56 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Originally Posted by: DeeScraps Go to Quoted Post
Who is hosting next week? I'll send you the Ad Colors or I can post them. Just let me know.

Dee

Dee,
Don't know who is Hosting next. Hopefully everyone on here on a regular basis will volunteer every once in a while and keep this link going. Have had a busy week with Drs. appts, games, etc. and still have to make my #3 sketch. I have another busy week starting Monday with a meeting, Dentist on Wednesday and another two baseball games. I am willing to Host in about two weeks or so, have not had a chance to get some sketches ready, but will start looking and getting them ready in the meantime.

Edited by user Sunday, May 05, 2013 5:09:08 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

TurtleBug Offline
#41 Posted : Sunday, May 05, 2013 5:26:51 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Originally Posted by: Gisele Go to Quoted Post

Turtlebugsorry for giving you a sketch with banners but you did such a wonderful job! Lovely Lacy Label circle and pretty stamp too!

Gisele,
I hope you don't think I didn't like your sketch. I am always telling NanaDonna and BingoLady "Oh no, another sketch with banners!". It's just that I have a hard time getting banners right for some reason, so they are always a thorn on my sideLaugh . All is in jest and hope you were not offended.
But, I am working on my on-going "Battle of the Banners", and am determined to win this battle!Smile
Gisele Offline
#42 Posted : Sunday, May 05, 2013 5:48:00 PM(UTC)
Gisele

Originally Posted by: TurtleBug Go to Quoted Post
Gisele,
I hope you don't think I didn't like your sketch. I am always telling NanaDonna and BingoLady "Oh no, another sketch with banners!". It's just that I have a hard time getting banners right for some reason, so they are always a thorn on my sideLaugh . All is in jest and hope you were not offended.
But, I am working on my on-going "Battle of the Banners", and am determined to win this battle!Smile

No offense taken Turtlebug! I love your sense of humour and the teasing between BingoLady, Donna and you! I use Pretty Pennants often for my banner cuts. I'm sure you will win the battle BigGrin
TurtleBug Offline
#43 Posted : Monday, May 06, 2013 12:19:49 AM(UTC)
TurtleBug

I made this Mother's Day card to give to my DD. I didn't want to make it too "matronly", since she is only 43 yrs. oldLaugh.

My Sketch Card #3 in the Extra Credit:

Sentiment - Computer-generated
Oval - Spellbinder
Large Flower - Accent Essentials Cartridge
Small Flowers - Recollections Flower punch
Embossing - CB "Baby's Breath" folder
Leaves - Sizzix "Leaves & Branches" die
Corner Border - Butterfly cut from "Paper Trimmings" Cartridge
Added lace and ribbon border, pearls to the flower centers, which I sprayed with Perfect Pearls Mist. And, aqua color Skittles to the oval cut.
TFL!!Smile

Edited by user Monday, May 06, 2013 12:25:08 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

*NanaDonna* Offline
#44 Posted : Monday, May 06, 2013 8:36:29 AM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Originally Posted by: DeeScraps Go to Quoted Post

Dee

I have been working to try and get my samples done so I can host on Wednesday the wedding card & box consumed a lot of my timeBlink I hope to make some headway today, will let all know latr today if I will host on Wednesday.

Great cards everyone, hope to be able to comment individually later.

BingoLady Offline
#45 Posted : Monday, May 06, 2013 10:47:09 AM(UTC)
BingoLady

Was thanked: 994 time(s) in 679 post(s)
Ladies wonderful cards to all of you. Sunnieday nice to have you back with
with your nice cards.
Turtlebug, well your banner card came out really nice with the ad colors.
Donna if you can't host this week , I will host. Come on ladies lets keep
this going on.Love Love Flapper Cool
britishgirl Offline
#46 Posted : Monday, May 06, 2013 12:32:26 PM(UTC)
britishgirl

Was thanked: 238 time(s) in 143 post(s)
finally got to make one this is my take on sketch #3 i used storybook for the branch and corner the digi is from here http://sliekje.blogspot.com/ extra credit its a Mothers day Card i made it for my eldest daughter
britishgirl attached the following image(s):
IMG_1672.JPG
*NanaDonna* Offline
#47 Posted : Monday, May 06, 2013 1:47:48 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

OK, I will host on Wednesday. I have my sketches all picked out, but still working on my samples. So Dee whenever you want to send me those colors go ahead, maybe I can use it on my sample I still need to make.
Joyful Carol Offline
#48 Posted : Monday, May 06, 2013 2:24:10 PM(UTC)
Joyful Carol

Was thanked: 661 time(s) in 306 post(s)
Love the sketches, but have not gotten to do a one. I did use the colors to make a girl card I will share. I used Vicorian Romance for the girl in the swing- cut at 3". I used some spellbinders for the framing (although I am sure you could find a similar cut on a cartridge) and embossed the red layer. I used some lace around the framing.
Joyful Carol attached the following image(s):
Victorian swing.jpg
Gisele Offline
#49 Posted : Monday, May 06, 2013 4:15:00 PM(UTC)
Gisele

Turtlebug – wonderful Mother’s Day card for your DD! Nice touch with the lace behind the rectangular frame. Beautiful flowers - the AE one is quite striking with the blue and white!

Britishgirl! Happy to see you! Wonderful card for Sketch #3! Love the Storybook corner! Cute image and I’m sure your DD will love her card!

Joyful Carol – Great card in the ad colours and for a female! The main thing is that you played along this week and shared your creation! Pretty lace detail and embossing!
Gisele Offline
#50 Posted : Monday, May 06, 2013 4:16:36 PM(UTC)
Gisele

Originally Posted by: *NanaDonna* Go to Quoted Post
OK, I will host on Wednesday. I have my sketches all picked out, but still working on my samples. So Dee whenever you want to send me those colors go ahead, maybe I can use it on my sample I still need to make.

Wow! Thank you Donna for stepping in again!! Very much appreciated!
BingoLady Offline
#51 Posted : Monday, May 06, 2013 4:38:57 PM(UTC)
BingoLady

Carol and Britishg it is so nice to see you ladies back with your nice cards.
Hope to see some more next week.
Thankyou Donna for hosting next week.
DeeScraps Offline
#52 Posted : Monday, May 06, 2013 6:06:05 PM(UTC)
DeeScraps

Great cards this week.

Donna, that wedding card and box is just beautiful. I'm so glad you are hosting next week. I've go a few busy weeks ahead of me and part of the time I'll be away, but I will try to get some sketches done so they'll be ready. I'll mail the colors off tonight.

Dee
LisaW. Offline
#53 Posted : Monday, May 06, 2013 9:11:34 PM(UTC)
LisaW.

United States

Was thanked: 146 time(s) in 102 post(s)
Hello ladies...boy these days just seem to keep flying by. I probably won't be able to get to my third sketch. Dentist appt tomorrow for me and my kids...there goes 2 hours if they are running on time...if not we wait longer (we are the final appts).

Gisele: Thank you for the wonderful sketches. Great colors...love the snowman. Beautiful sketch in the ad colors. Were your rounds circles from Holiday Tags? Gorgeous "mother" card.

Dee: Great choice of colors this week (not that they aren't every week but this one is one of my favorite combos). Adorable sketch #1 in the ad colors. Is your red strip under the picture a punch? Love the flowers.

Christineramey: Adorable laundry sign and congrats on your house. Cute little dog card.

Sunnieday: Love your paper combination on sketch #1. Glad your joining us again. Stunning ad color card...nice way to do the banner with that punch. Very pretty sketch #3...like the pattern paper and your flowers are wonderful...are they from a cartridge?

BingoLady: Great Christmas card. I really like the happy holidays...I am assuming it is a stamp:). Very pretty sketch #3. Are the lines and the corner piece part of the paper or is that your own creation? Pretty flower ribbon. What a great way to get some Christmas cards done...love your embossing.

Turtlebug: Love your "patriotic" card. Love that chevron punch...haven't seen it before. Your "life is good" card is gorgeous...love that background paper. Wonderful banner using the ribbon. After several tries on my silhoutte I finally broke out a brand new mat and cut a clean cut...I have a very hard time with the little cuts and usually just give up and do something else. Beautiful card going to your DD...pretty pattern paper and the blue really "pops."

NanaDonna: Absolutely stunning wedding card...so elegant and sure the bride and groom will treasure it. The box is just as beautiful as the card. I love your "white" cards. Very pretty sketch 1...like how you fussy cut them...never heard of that before:). Love the bright colors of your sketch #2 and love that paper set. I really like how you embossed the lighthouse and your banner being of triangles. Thanks for hosting for us next week.

Britishgirl: Adorable puppy card.

Joyful Carol: Very pretty card in the colors...love how you used the lace.

I will join the list of hosting again very soon...I will get some sketches ready. My mom is having her hip replaced in a couple weeks so I got to get my house presentable for my houseguest:) I am going to have to put all my scrap stuff away again...lately I just been leaving it on my dining table but won't be able to do that now. One of these days we will find the right house:)

Lisa

1 user thanked LisaW. for this useful post.
BingoLady Offline
#54 Posted : Tuesday, May 07, 2013 10:13:03 AM(UTC)
BingoLady

Lisa thankyou for your comments, and yes the lines are part of
the paper.

Gisele, thankyou so much for hosting .
And Dee thankyou for the colors.
TurtleBug Offline
#55 Posted : Tuesday, May 07, 2013 10:48:15 AM(UTC)
TurtleBug

christine
So sorry I missed commenting on your doggie card, though I did see it when you first posted it.
Your Grandfather will love this cute card with his dog as the focal point. He is so cute with those big floppy ears! Like the color combo and lined BG paper. TFS!!Smile

britishgirl
#3 - Very nice, LOVE the image and nice work on the coloring. The scroll corner punch is very pretty and the tiny white flowers really pop.

Joyful Carol
Am really getting to like the "Victorian Romance" cart you use, some very pretty cuts in there, this card in the Ad Colors is no exception! Like the lace around the frame and the Brads. This "girl on a swing" cut is very nice, like all the delicate cuts on it. Great card! TFS!Smile

Donna,
Thanks for volunteering to Host tomorrow.....but, please No Banners!Scared
Just Kidding!!Razz Razz

Gisele,
Thanks for Hosting and the nice sketches and beautiful Sample Cards you provided for us this week.

DeeScraps,
Another bright and bold Ad Color Challenge for this week, thank you!

Edited by user Tuesday, May 07, 2013 10:50:49 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Gisele Offline
#56 Posted : Tuesday, May 07, 2013 3:58:50 PM(UTC)
Gisele

Thanks everyone for joining in this week! There's still some time to post your cards tonight.

I will be happy to host again.

I'm looking forward to see what Donna has in store for us!

*NanaDonna* Offline
#57 Posted : Tuesday, May 07, 2013 9:09:31 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Gisele - thank so much for hosting this week, awesome sketches. Sorry I did not get #3 done this week, I have been busy with the wedding card and then preparing to host tomorrow. Since I have most of my sample done for next week means I will have time and hopefully get that #3 done and post it.

I will be posting the new sketches/challenge shortly.

Asa Turtlebug says "I go to bed with the chickens" so I will post tonight and not make you all wait till tomorrow, after all it is Wednesday on the East coast already.BigGrin

Edited by user Tuesday, May 07, 2013 9:10:06 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified