Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
JustJudi Offline
#31 Posted : Wednesday, May 08, 2013 6:19:17 AM(UTC)
JustJudi

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered

Was thanked: 1225 time(s) in 690 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Bugsy2 Go to Quoted Post
Well, yes it does.. kind of!! Anyhoo, here is my story. Last fall a friend of mine was putting together a scrapbook with pics of her recently deceased father. She was giving it to her mother for Christmas. My friend isn't a crafter but she wanted to do the work herself. I told her I had lots of 12x12 paper and embellies that she could she could help herself to.

I have one shelf dedicated to Coredinations cardstock.. the really thick 12x12 stuff I bought at the scrap store a few years ago, and not like the stuff that Joann's sells now. This cardstock is my "precious paper" that I bought for a scrapbook for my sister. I just haven't gotten around to doing it yet, and seriously I don't know if I could even get that cardstock again.

My friend's eyes lit up when she saw my rainbow of cardstock and pretty papers. Then she looked to the right, saw the Coredinations cardstock, and her eyes started twirling!! Immediately she grabbed sheets of it squealing "this is perfect!" We got into a verbal scuffle when I told her that this cardstock was off limits, that there was plenty of cardstock to choose from besides the Coredinations. She said that I was being selfish. I didn't feel selfish at the time and felt totally justified in saying "No, you may not use this cardstock, but you may use anything from these shelves." Rightly or wrongly, I was fuming. She took scads of paper, embellishments, and even a package of pop dots home with her. It was several days before she called me. We still hang out occasionally but our friendship isn't the same.

So... if you had been in my shoes would you have given her unlimited access to your papers and embellies because it was her special project? Or would you have been like me and said you may use this cardstock... but not that cardstock because it is for my special project? As I look at my rainbow of cardstock, I am feeling a little guilty now... months later.

She was wrong. You were GIVING her, not selling. When someone is given something, you accept it with thanks. My goodness, you don't need a friend like that.

maria2193 Offline
#32 Posted : Wednesday, May 08, 2013 7:36:01 AM(UTC)
maria2193

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 119 time(s) in 115 post(s)
I have many things in my scrap room that are off limits, unless I choose to part with them. Like you said, it's not free. The fact that you even offered to give her anything, should've made her happy and appreciative. If she were truly a friend, she would have even offered something that she could do, in return, to show how thankful she was. I think there might be some envy on her part and that's why she is treating you the way that she is. So please do not feel guilty, if anything, feel proud of the fact that you are a unselfish by offering her anything to begin with.

Smile Maria