Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

24 Pages123>»
CricutCrazy Offline
#1 Posted : Tuesday, April 30, 2013 3:39:44 PM(UTC)
CricutCrazy

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered

Was thanked: 1063 time(s) in 777 post(s)
This is a swap for A2 cards (although sometimes we may change it to another size for fun Woot )

You will renew your commitment each month...no long term commitments. You may however, sign up for one month, 2 or 3 ... Please renew month to month if you are not sure you can fulfill a longer commitment .

You will mail your cards to me, I will swap them out and mail them back. If you have any questions please let me know. This is an awesome way to build your card stash!

THE TRADE: Each month we will make 6 handmade cards (FULL CARDS) You ONLY NEED TO MAKE 6...(even if we have 50 swappers) And of course you are welcome to do more if you choose, but they must be in lots of 6, 12, 18, etc ) You will get back whatever amount you send, but they need to be in groups of 6 please. Please do not include envies . ALL CARDS MUST BE SIZE A2. ( 8 1/2 x 11 cardstock piece cut in half). Measures approx 4 1/4" x 5 1/2 ". These DO need to be identical - or close to it because it makes sorting easier for me. You can get 6 card toppers from one sheet of 12x12" scrapbook paper or cardstock. You can use the blank A2 cards that are pre-cut if you wish to purchase them at a craft store. But it easy to just cut one 8 1/2" x 11" sheet of cardstock in half to make two card bases. PLEASE BE SURE THAT YOUR CARDS WILL FIT INTO AN A2 ENVELOPE !!

SHIPPING: The easiest way to do this is for you to send me a large ( at least 6x9" ) envelope and $3.00 cash and I can purchase ONLINE POSTAGE LABEL with tracking If the postage is $2. or less I will send you a $1. change back with your cards. I shall be glad to reuse and recycle your envelope to mail them back to you if it is not torn up too much .

Here are some further requests about shipping...After doing this for almost a year now, I have found it is much easier for me if you would do the following :
1. If you send a return envelope - do NOT put your name on it. I will be making a computer generated label so you do not have to .
2. THe envelope must be at least 8x10" and I prefer more like 9"x11". Otherwise your cards get really smashed badly in those 6x8" ones that some are sending...also it is hard to get them in there and wastes more of my time.
3. PLEASE Do NOT put stamps on the envelope. You do not know how many stamps are needed as you cannot weigh the envelope. I would rather not be trying to figure out if you added enough postage or not...The postage can be anywhere from $2.00 - $3.00 by First class. If you really want it to go Priority Mail, I will do that for you. I have tons of free PM materials in house...No need to send those.
4. The easiest thing to do is to add $3. cash or check to your packet of cards when you sent them to me. If you wish to do Priority Mail, you will need to send $5.80 or $6. Some Flat Rate envelopes or boxes cost more than others depending upon how far away you are from Florida. ALL of my packages will have tracking on them. I do not think we need to put insurance on a packet of cards so I do not do this. If you want insurance you can pay the extra charges for that but it would be difficult to prove the value of the items in this package and you probably will not get any reimbursement if it is lost or damaged in transit.
5. If you send a double batch (12 cards) please be sure to add extra postage. I will refund the overage the best way I can.
6. I am willing to provide the return envelopes for a 50 cent charge. No charge on the Priority Mail ones as they are free. I buy cases of padded poly mailers for my Etsy Shop so I always have some on hand.
7. When in doubt, please ask me any questions... I am here to help ! Love

The mailing date will be the 30th of each month. MANDATORY !! DO NOT BE LATE !!

Please send only one month at a time unless otherwise instructed (usually only at Christmas)
It is too hard for me to keep track of the postage and the cards on multiple mail-outs.

THIS SWAP IS OPEN TO ALL ! You do not need to be in the USA !! If you have questions, please feel free to ask! If you are in Canada or Australia or anywhere else you are welcome to join, but of course you will need to add the proper postage.

Each "CYCLE" will begin on the first of the month and end on the 30th (even if the month has 31 days - February excepted of course) . That means that the cards SHOULD BE PHYSICALLY MAILED TO ME by the 30th day of the month. I will wait for 5 days, and then I will divide up the cards that have been received and mail them back out to you promptly by the 10th day of the month...This means that I will actually go to the post office on the weekends to mail out by the 10th..... If your cards do not arrive on time, they will be held until the following month's mailing day.

Send to me at: (or you can PM me for my home address)
Barbara Parker
PO Box 2084
Ocala, FL 34478-2084

[/i]
OKAY - SO who wants to make cards ??

NEW LIST FOR 2014 CARDS

1. Cricut Crazy - MAY Love - JUNELove
2. HodMom - MAY Love
3. BeverlyGray - ?
4. Yenpeso - MAY Love - JUNELove
5. KauiMelody - JUNE Love
6. CarolKlink - - MAY Love - JUNE Love
7. Catita - - MAY Love
8. LoriSjogren - MAY Love JUNE Love
9. Demmer - MAY LOL JUNE Love
10.CardMakerJulie- MAY Love JUNE -Love
11.PaulaM - JUNELove
12.KaliCarpenter - MAY Love JUNE Love

Edited by user Sunday, July 20, 2014 3:54:53 PM(UTC)  | Reason: add names

CricutCrazy Offline
#2 Posted : Tuesday, April 30, 2013 3:41:26 PM(UTC)
CricutCrazy

RESERVED FOR HOSTESS : NEW RULES

** - Please only send one month of cards per month as it has caused me to have confusion about postage and I want to be sure I am returning excess postage to you when it is called for.

**Reminder** You will not be automatically signed up for any month. Please post if you wish to continue and which months you wish to work on. You may do 1 -2 - or 3 -but please complete the task if you make the commitment....Remember to make 6 cards...many thanks !
You may also make 2 sets of cards if you wish to receive 12 cards in return, but they must be 2 different designs...all cards should be in sets of 6 .

*** PLEASE MAKE SURE YOUR EMBELLISHMENTS ARE SMALL ENOUGH TO ENABLE THE CARD TO GO INTO AN A2 ENVELOPE unless you are going to provide the envelope with the card ***

These are just ideas of fun things you can do on your cards

1. "Tag" cards
2. Heat embossed stamped image
3. Bleaching a heat-embossed stamped image
4. Dry embossed (Cuttlebug-style) background for your card front
5. "Surprise" Inside cards (a tiny gift inside of it)
6. Tea-bag folded cards
7. Bling / Rhinestones / Crystal embellishments
8. Burlap/Cork/Canvas background and/or embellishments
9. Shaker card
10. Gift Card holders
11. Sew Easy or Other Stitching
12. Pop-Up cards

THANKS !!

Remember we mail on the 30th of each month...

JUNE - WEDDINGS, BRIDAL SHOWERS, BABY SHOWERS, NEW BABY, or SUMMER BIRTHDAY .... You get the idea ! Any one of those themes is good to go !

JULY - There will be no swap in July (take a break ! )
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

AUGUST - A NEW THREAD WILL BE SET UP AFTER THE JUNE SWAP and NEW CHALLENGES !! SQUARE CARDS !! Please see the new thread for more information - Size 5x5 or 5 1/2" x 5 1/2" or 6"x6" . I will post samples for you to see.

SEPTEMBER - TBA

OCTOBER - TBA

NOVEMBER - TBA

DECEMBER - There will be no card swap in December (take a break) Merry Christmas !

JANUARY 2015 - There will be some new ideas announced for the New Year....later this Fall !

Edited by user Wednesday, July 09, 2014 2:52:48 PM(UTC)  | Reason: POSTED NEW QUARTER DESIGNS

1 user thanked CricutCrazy for this useful post.
CricutNat on 8/20/2013(UTC)
dorichatelain44314a80 Offline
#3 Posted : Wednesday, May 01, 2013 12:05:56 PM(UTC)
dorichatelain44314a80

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 119 time(s) in 116 post(s)
CricutCrazy,

Count me in for all months. I will continue to send in 3 months worth at a time. So I will send you May June and July at the end of May.

I love this swap and I am really glad you are continuing to keep it going.

Happy Creating
Dori

Edited to add......

What is the monthly themes going to be or do we have themes any more?

Edited by user Wednesday, May 01, 2013 12:07:33 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

KauaiMelody Offline
#4 Posted : Wednesday, May 01, 2013 5:09:02 PM(UTC)
KauaiMelody

Was thanked: 2181 time(s) in 1024 post(s)
A super swap with a super duper hostess - please sign me up!!!
This is so great for those times when you need to send a card but don't have time to make one or run to the store. It also a great way to learn new ways to make cards, instead of just looking at other's photos, you get to see lots of examples that you can hold in your hand and check out every little detail.

Edited by user Wednesday, May 01, 2013 5:15:16 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

CricutCrazy Offline
#5 Posted : Thursday, May 02, 2013 11:01:10 AM(UTC)
CricutCrazy

WOO HOO !! Woot WE ARE OFF TO A GREAT START !!

I forgot to mention that I would like for you all to chat a little here, at least once a month please check in and let me know if you are mailing your cards. I will try to take a photo each month of the batch of cards that arrive and post it before mailing them on the 7th day of the month.

There will be some surprises in store as we move along !!

Good Question from Dori .... Yes we shall have themes. I will list them 3 at a time . In fact, I should have already done that, but I forgot. Blushing I am getting OLD ladies Flapper

The first 3 themes will be -
May - Masculine cards (not necessarily Father's Day)

June - "LOVE" cards - Wedding, Bridal Shower, or just a Friendship card that says " I love you my Friend"...You may mix them up if you like !

July - Kid's Birthday Cards - girl, boy or mixed variety...It would be better to make the card without a specific AGE on it, or have interchangeable numbers if you use them.

For August, September and October - I will take the top three suggestions from all registered participants and decide on the themes from your needs/wants/desires !! LOL
CricutCrazy Offline
#6 Posted : Friday, May 03, 2013 9:44:42 AM(UTC)
CricutCrazy

BTT for more members !!
CricutCrazy Offline
#7 Posted : Friday, May 03, 2013 7:41:19 PM(UTC)
CricutCrazy

Hi Ladies ! Please let me know how many months at a time you wish to make a committment for - if you know. I am doing the next 3 months and so is Dori. Love Thanks Dori !
If you do not tell me, I will assume you are only committing to one month .
dorichatelain44314a80 Offline
#8 Posted : Friday, May 03, 2013 7:45:38 PM(UTC)
dorichatelain44314a80

Was thanked: 119 time(s) in 116 post(s)
I like it so far.

I look forward to getting my cards in.

I think we should do a sports theme, Christmas, Halloween, Fall/Thanksgiving. just for fun,
 1 user thanked dorichatelain44314a80 for this useful post.
CricutCrazy on 5/3/2013(UTC)
CricutCrazy Offline
#9 Posted : Saturday, May 04, 2013 3:06:07 PM(UTC)
CricutCrazy

Thanks for the suggestions Dori - I was thinking last night that I also could use more "thank you " cards. I always run out of those....and yes we will need to start in August with getting ready for Fall and the holidays.

We welcome anyone else who wants to join us ! The most wonderful thing about this swap is that there are NO FLAKERS at all. If you dont send in any cards, you don't receive any - so there is no chance of you being "flaked upon". A terrific 1000% Flaker free swap ! Woot ThumpUp Wub
SandyOtt1 Offline
#10 Posted : Saturday, May 04, 2013 9:26:16 PM(UTC)
SandyOtt1

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 19 post(s)
I am so excited about this. Please put me down for May, June and July. I also have a friend who I know will be joining. I will get her to sign on tomorrow and post to you so you have her name. thx
 1 user thanked SandyOtt1 for this useful post.
CricutCrazy on 5/4/2013(UTC)
CricutCrazy Offline
#11 Posted : Saturday, May 04, 2013 9:30:32 PM(UTC)
CricutCrazy

That's wonderful Sandy ! Glad to have new members.... Remember to tell her that she will need to make and mail 5 cards along with the SASE (postage not glued on the envelope please) by May 30th.

Anyone who wished to make their cards in advance for 2-3 months that is also all right. Just be sure to include the correct number of envelopes and stamps.

THANKS TO ALL OF YOU WHO HAVE SIGNED UP ! Love

I wanted to give you all a sneak peek at one of my Genuine Victorian cards that I am making to sell in my Etsy shop. This one will be a Father's Day card. All of the cards contain a GENUINE 100 years old or older , Victoria trading card, business card or scrapbook image, or an actual greeting card. I have made them so that the Victorian card is removable as it is inserted into a cellophane sleeve inside the card opening. This one has a picture of a man sleeping in a rocking chair while reading his newspaper - but when it is held up to the light his eyes open and the newspaper advertisement appears ! These were very popular as business ads circa 1890-1910.
I have used the Cuttlebug "BROCADE WINDOW" die/embossing folder to make this in ivory over a white heavy cardstock card. Just thought I would share it.

Whoops - had camera trouble so I will post the pictures tommorrow as it is after midnight here.

Edited by user Saturday, May 04, 2013 9:37:01 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

SandyOtt1 Offline
#12 Posted : Saturday, May 04, 2013 9:35:18 PM(UTC)
SandyOtt1

Luckily she lives down the street from me and we scrap together all the time so we can do together. Is it ok for us to mail ours together? thx
CricutCrazy Offline
#13 Posted : Saturday, May 04, 2013 9:38:37 PM(UTC)
CricutCrazy

Originally Posted by: SandyOtt1 Go to Quoted Post
Luckily she lives down the street from me and we scrap together all the time so we can do together. Is it ok for us to mail ours together? thx

Sure - I don't mind. Just be sure to use separate envelopes inside so I know who sent what...and label them for me. It should save you a little on the postage - I am not opposed to saving $$ Love
SandyOtt1 Offline
#14 Posted : Saturday, May 04, 2013 9:52:16 PM(UTC)
SandyOtt1

Save on postage, spend on paper!!! My new motto. thx
 1 user thanked SandyOtt1 for this useful post.
CricutCrazy on 5/5/2013(UTC)
Halie Offline
#15 Posted : Sunday, May 05, 2013 1:39:42 PM(UTC)
Halie

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
This is Halie, I am Sandy Ott's friend. Please put me down for May, June and July. YAY!!BigGrin
 1 user thanked Halie for this useful post.
amylendall Offline
#16 Posted : Sunday, May 05, 2013 9:13:50 PM(UTC)
amylendall

Was thanked: 74 time(s) in 71 post(s)
I have a question can we make cards cut from cricut carts or do they have to be just regular folded cards?
craftymomof2 Offline
#17 Posted : Sunday, May 05, 2013 9:31:43 PM(UTC)
craftymomof2

Was thanked: 86 time(s) in 84 post(s)
Barb, I would like to join for May, June, and July. I love these swaps and having the extra cards on hand is always great.

Hugs, LanaBigGrin
 1 user thanked craftymomof2 for this useful post.
CricutCrazy Offline
#18 Posted : Sunday, May 05, 2013 9:58:47 PM(UTC)
CricutCrazy

Originally Posted by: amylendall Go to Quoted Post
I have a question can we make cards cut from cricut carts or do they have to be just regular folded cards?

They can be made any way you want to make them !! We love variety...some do more stamping and embossing, some do Cuttlebug cards, some do Cricut...whatever your creative heart desires as long as they are A2 size. If you make a different size you will have to include envelopes, which makes the postage higher.

THanks !
Dancingstarr Offline
#19 Posted : Monday, May 06, 2013 11:46:21 AM(UTC)
Dancingstarr

Was thanked: 68 time(s) in 67 post(s)
I would like to sign up please, about the sizes can we make different sizes if we include the envelopes? I just purchased bazzill cards they are 4.125" x 9.5 they are very high quality cards.

-Andrea

Dancingstarr Offline
#20 Posted : Monday, May 06, 2013 11:49:45 AM(UTC)
Dancingstarr

Was thanked: 68 time(s) in 67 post(s)
I just notice your last post LOL guess I should of read through before I posted lol sry about that. I will be working on my cards today, by the fire, my last fire for the season.

-Andrea
CricutCrazy Offline
#21 Posted : Monday, May 06, 2013 1:25:21 PM(UTC)
CricutCrazy

Hi Andrea - welcome to the cards swap. .... it is okay to send the 4 1/2 x 9 cards and envelopes...but it might increase postage requirements. If it does I will not be able to include them if people do not send enough stamps. The problem is not knowing what the weight will be until the cards are received and weighed out...so if you add a couple of stamps it will be appreciated. I can return them to you if not needed.BigGrin
 1 user thanked CricutCrazy for this useful post.
Dancingstarr on 5/7/2013(UTC)
SandyOtt1 Offline
#22 Posted : Monday, May 06, 2013 8:10:14 PM(UTC)
SandyOtt1

I would love to have a theme with "just because" cards, general everyday when you just want to say hi!
CricutCrazy Offline
#23 Posted : Monday, May 06, 2013 9:06:13 PM(UTC)
CricutCrazy

Good idea Sandy -- those cards are always needed....

We have a new member who sent me a PM to join - WELCOME CAROL KLINK !! Carol has signed up for June and July.

At this time I do not wish to accept any committments past July. If we make it through to July then I will post for August Sept and October committments. That way hopefully we will not have so many folks who get overly committed and then cannot fulfill their obligation due to being overwhelmed. Flapper

AltinaRobinson Offline
#24 Posted : Tuesday, May 07, 2013 1:25:33 PM(UTC)
AltinaRobinson

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 27 post(s)
Ok so just a couple of questions :) On the cards can I make each one different (as long as they follow theme) or do they all need to be the same?

And slightly lost on the postage. You just want the stamps mailed correct? So say it takes me three stamps to mail to you, I would mail three plus a few extra back?

Thanks!
CricutCrazy Offline
#25 Posted : Wednesday, May 08, 2013 2:22:58 PM(UTC)
CricutCrazy

Hello Altina - Yes you may make 5 different cards as long as they are the same theme for that month. On postage, you mail your cards to me along with a self-addressed- envelope that is large enough for you to receive your cards back. You will receive the same number of cards in return so the postage should be the same, but I ask that you include the amount of postage needed for you to mail it to me, along with 1-2 extra stamps just in case the weight is heavier for the return envelope. If I dont need the extra stamps I will return them to you in the mailing. I am not trying to make money off peoples postage. just need to be sure there is enough to cover the returnings.
Thank you.

Edited by user Wednesday, May 08, 2013 2:23:50 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

AltinaRobinson Offline
#26 Posted : Wednesday, May 08, 2013 3:24:40 PM(UTC)
AltinaRobinson

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 27 post(s)
Ok got it :) Sign me up for June please.
 1 user thanked AltinaRobinson for this useful post.
CricutCrazy on 5/8/2013(UTC)
CricutCrazy Offline
#27 Posted : Wednesday, May 08, 2013 7:51:42 PM(UTC)
CricutCrazy

I have added Altina for June....you can decide if you want to do July any time before mid-July.

Again ladies, at this time you may still sign up for May-June and/or July cards. You may send in one month at a time, 2 months, or all 3 months at the same time if you like...please be sure to adjust your envelopes and stamps accordingly and separate the months into some baggies for me. Thanks !Love
KauaiMelody Offline
#28 Posted : Friday, May 10, 2013 9:29:24 PM(UTC)
KauaiMelody

Was thanked: 2181 time(s) in 1024 post(s)
jci so I don't get kicked off this swap
 1 user thanked KauaiMelody for this useful post.
CricutCrazy on 5/11/2013(UTC)
CricutCrazy Offline
#29 Posted : Saturday, May 11, 2013 5:19:24 PM(UTC)
CricutCrazy

KM - I would never kick you off my swap ! LOL Love

I have designed my cards for this month and started applying the glue today !! Woot Wub

How are you all coming along ? I am anxious to see what great "HUNKY" cards we get for the guys !

ThumpUp
kelbill Offline
#30 Posted : Sunday, May 12, 2013 9:41:41 AM(UTC)
kelbill

Canada

Was thanked: 29 time(s) in 15 post(s)
Fun! I would love to participate! Picking out my paper right now!

Kelly
 1 user thanked kelbill for this useful post.
CricutCrazy on 5/14/2013(UTC)