Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
*NanaDonna* Offline
#31 Posted : Sunday, May 12, 2013 11:41:09 AM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 2611 time(s) in 1370 post(s)
Happy Mother's Day to all

I hope everyone has a wonderful day with family or doing whatever you wish to doLove
LadybugJett Offline
#32 Posted : Sunday, May 12, 2013 1:18:15 PM(UTC)
LadybugJett

Was thanked: 38 time(s) in 22 post(s)
NanaDonna, Thanks for the great sketches and the inspiration. I really like your #1, the design is good even if it is "flat."

DeeScraps, Thanks for the add colors. They are so soft and pretty. Your card turned out so pretty.

BingoLady, I like the scallops instead of just a circle.

TurtleBug, love, love, love the popping of your circle picture.

SunnieDay, great bright colors this week.

VickieBryant, such an elegant card, so beautiful.

Gisele, so pretty, love the grad card.

Here are my cards: My circle card has my extra credit since it's all in greens.

LadybugJett attached the following image(s):
IMG_3463.jpg
IMG_3465.jpg
IMG_3466.jpg
 2 users thanked LadybugJett for this useful post.
DeeScraps on 5/13/2013(UTC), TurtleBug on 5/13/2013(UTC)
LisaW. Offline
#33 Posted : Sunday, May 12, 2013 8:59:55 PM(UTC)
LisaW.

United States

Was thanked: 146 time(s) in 102 post(s)
Hello ladies...Happy Mother's Day to all. Hope everybody had a wonderful weekend.

Sorry ladies...my mojo seems to have disappeared this week. I decided to bite the bullet and go with them anyways instead of letting the trash can have them.

Haven't gotten sketch 1 figured out. I got lots of paper out but nothing was working for me (probably more so because it was a frustrating day of work today)...maybe tomorrow something will hit me.

Sketch #2...ad colors. My yellow looks a lot darker in the picture than it really is.

No cricut on this one...just an embossing folder for the corner and circle nestibility.

Sketch #3...extra credit in browns (I had one piece of the printed paper in my scrapbox so that was my decision. I had it in the trash and dug it back out. Originally I had planned to send it to my niece who just recently finsihed up her boot camp (Army) and is now on a second rotation of schooling (helicopter mechanic is what she chose) just to say hello...still undecidedLaugh.

LisaW. attached the following image(s):
DSCF0375.JPG
DSCF0376.JPG
VickieBryan1 Offline
#34 Posted : Sunday, May 12, 2013 9:23:40 PM(UTC)
VickieBryan1

United States

Was thanked: 592 time(s) in 403 post(s)
Gisele very pretty cards. I love the colors that you used on your sketch#2

I didn't do any more of the sketches because I've been busy doing baby shower invites for my Granddaughter. She is expecting on July 4th. she is having a boy, So I will also become and great-grandma. I hope to be able to show them tomorrow to you guys.

Thanks for the well wishes and comments on my card.

Happy Mother's Day ladies. hope your day was filled with having your kids and children around you.
DeeScraps Offline
#35 Posted : Monday, May 13, 2013 5:22:54 PM(UTC)
DeeScraps

Was thanked: 729 time(s) in 560 post(s)
Hi. I hope everyone had a great Mother's Day.

I had a really hard time coming up with an idea for the circle card, but when I saw this idea online I thought it might work. The circles needed to be a different size, but I already had these cut and wanted to use them. (My original idea was a white on white card.....but I just couldn't get it to work.)

Dee

[img=http://][/img]
DeeScraps Offline
#36 Posted : Monday, May 13, 2013 5:35:40 PM(UTC)
DeeScraps

Nana Donna....Your new #1 graduation card is very nice. Your #3 card from last week is wonderful. I'm so impressed with your coloring.

Turtlebug....Very nice storage. Looks like you kept your hubby busy. Very nice Ad Color card. I like that border punch and the button you used.

Sunnie Day....Very colorful #1 card. I love the colors in the paper you used for your #2 card.

VickieBryant....Very pretty Mother's Day card. I'm so sorry to hear of the passing of your husband. You are in my prayers. Congratulations on your new grandson.

Gisele....Two very pretty cards. Is that Graphic 45 Paper?

Ladybug....3 very nice cards. I especially liked the one with the horses. Very cute idea.

LisaW....Very pretty Ad Color card. The embossing on the corner adds a nice touch.
 1 user thanked DeeScraps for this useful post.
TurtleBug on 5/13/2013(UTC)
*NanaDonna* Offline
#37 Posted : Monday, May 13, 2013 5:57:31 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Hope everyone had a great Mother's Day. Sorry I haven't been on here but have not felt too well for the last few days. Yesterday I spent most of the day just sitting on the couch too tired to moveBored . Went to doctor he did blood work etc etc but thinks maybe I just had some kind of bug and since I was not eating I got weak.

Ladybug - nice to see you stop back in #1 love it, so cute with the horses and the grass #2 and extra credit love the colors and the textures, nice bit of sparkle in the center. #3 love all the polka dots and colors. great happy birthday cut

LisaW - glad you got to make a couple cards hope your mojo comes back soon. #2 very nice, love the colors and how you cut the circle out from the background paper #3 what a neat card, I love the paper and the cute little hearts

Vickie
- Congrats on the upcoming great-grandson enjoy they grow up so fast

Dee - OMG that is so so adorable, what a fabulous idea. Love the patterned background paper.

Do we have a hostess for next week??
TurtleBug Offline
#38 Posted : Monday, May 13, 2013 10:45:02 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Was thanked: 950 time(s) in 612 post(s)
Hope everyone had a fun Mother's Day. I finally found some time to comment on all these awesome cards!

BingoLady
#3 - (A)Nice desert scene card. (B)Like all the layers of the scalloped circles and the color combo, nice glittery brads.
#2 - Great card in the ACs, like the flower and pattern paper.

DeeScraps
#2 - Very pretty in the Ad Colors. The shades are so soft and the pattern paper is so pretty. Can be used for most any time of occasion.
#3 - So cute! I see it as a Snowman looking up to the sky or a Snowman that has melted away...am I close!??Laugh

NanaDonna
#1 - Very nice grad card for your DGD and love the way you incorporated her school colors in the
theme. Could also work for a boy graduate, but the pretty swirl you added gave it a nice feminine touch.
Last Week's #3 - So pretty, love the bright colors and you did an awesome job with those Copics and all you learned with the Copics class.

sunnieday
#1 - So bright and colorful, like the balloons with its floating away look.
#2 - Nice, like the glittery "wishes" and assorted pattern papers.

VickieBryan
My deepest condolences to you and your family on the loss of your dear Husband and all you have been through lately. May it comfort you to know that your friends are here for you. Enjoy your new grandson, Colton, he is a cutie and will bring you so much joy!
Your Mother's Day Card is so pretty! Love the dark purple flowers against the embossed bright white.

Gisele
#1 - Very nice Grad card, like the pop of red and the tag with the wide satin ribbon. Very nice sentiment, too!
#2 - Nice mix of paper patterns ( your specialty). Like the crinkled ribbons and lace, very pretty.

LadybugJett
So nice to see you back, you have been missed!
#1 - Very nice, like the horse cuts and grass paper.
#2 - Nice circle card with the touches of green bling and sentiment.
#3 - Love the polka dot theme of this card, and the blue/pink/brown color combo.

LisaW.
#2 in the Ad Colors - Very nice, like the sheer ribbon and soft gray with the bright shade of yellow.
#3 - Very nice card for your dear niece, like the leopard print BG paper and black/brown color combo, best of luck to her with her schooling and bless her for her service to our country.

Edited by user Monday, May 13, 2013 10:46:42 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

TurtleBug Offline
#39 Posted : Monday, May 13, 2013 10:52:20 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

[quote=*NanaDonna*;1711144]Hope everyone had a great Mother's Day. Sorry I haven't been on here but have not felt too well for the last few days. Yesterday I spent most of the day just sitting on the couch too tired to moveBored . Went to doctor he did blood work etc etc but thinks maybe I just had some kind of bug and since I was not eating I got weak.
[quote]

Donna,
Hope you are feeling better soon and back to your old self again. Sure would hate to not see your awesome cards here this coming week.
Take care and be well!Love

Edited by user Monday, May 13, 2013 10:58:59 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

BingoLady Offline
#40 Posted : Tuesday, May 14, 2013 9:40:03 AM(UTC)
BingoLady

Was thanked: 961 time(s) in 649 post(s)
Here I go again, it has been a bad computer, it has kick me off twice.
I just want say nice cards to all of you. I had two teeth pulled and I
don't feel to good. Ladybug, nice to have you back.
Donna I hope you are feeling better.
Do we have a volunteer for next week.Mellow Mellow Love Cool
TurtleBug Offline
#41 Posted : Tuesday, May 14, 2013 12:08:33 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Hi Ladies,
Have had a busy week and am not ready to Host tomorrow but I will be happy to Host the week of May 22nd - 28th.

Donna,

Hope you are feeling much better today!Smile

Lydia,
I feel for you, I went through the same about 3 weeks ago and now have to go Friday to have a bridge put in...it is NOT fun! Hope you are all better soon!Smile
DeeScraps Offline
#42 Posted : Tuesday, May 14, 2013 12:46:16 PM(UTC)
DeeScraps

Wow.... I actually finished sketch #1 and the extra credit. The card uses an old Provo Craft paper stack that I've had for over 10 years and is made up of all different pages using the same aqua color. I cut the card to fit a #10 envelope but wish I had made the card a little smaller. The rolled flowers and flourishes are dies from My Favorite Things. The ribbon was in my stash.

TFL, Dee

(I had to take the photo with my phone.....hope it looks OK.)

[img=http://][/img]
BingoLady Offline
#43 Posted : Tuesday, May 14, 2013 12:48:11 PM(UTC)
BingoLady

If we don't have any volunteers, I will host. I will do my best
to host. Even thought my mouth is full of gauze. My husband is happy,
cause I can't yell or eat. And guess what, Tutrlbug I can't go to Bingo.Crying Crying Mad
DeeScraps Offline
#44 Posted : Tuesday, May 14, 2013 1:04:00 PM(UTC)
DeeScraps

Nana Donna....I sure hope you're feeling better and Bingolady too!

I was going to suggest that we take a week off and let everyone "recoup." Maybe to use that time to explore sketches, etc., for the next time we host. I know that I will be away for the next week or so, so I will not be able to participate. I can post a color if someone does step-up to host this coming week. Just let me know.

Also, perhaps the person who hosts wouldn't have to have the cards ready when they post the sketches, but can do them as we go along. Also, maybe try only using two sketches to follow, but adding more options like "a shaped card," or "Christmas Card." Just a thought.

Dee
TurtleBug Offline
#45 Posted : Tuesday, May 14, 2013 1:44:36 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Dee,
Love your #1 card. The color is so pretty and really pops with all the white and the flourish is very nice. You really followed this sketch to a "T". Will miss you next week, but hope you get back in time to at least peek in and maybe make a card or two! Looks like BingoLady has volunteered to Host...what a Trooper!!ThumpUp. You can send her the Ad Colors and if she can't download them for any reason I will help her with it. Have a good time!Smile
 1 user thanked TurtleBug for this useful post.
DeeScraps on 5/14/2013(UTC)
TurtleBug Offline
#46 Posted : Tuesday, May 14, 2013 1:48:50 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Originally Posted by: BingoLady Go to Quoted Post
If we don't have any volunteers, I will host. I will do my best
to host. Even thought my mouth is full of gauze. My husband is happy,
cause I can't yell or eat. And guess what, Tutrlbug I can't go to Bingo.Crying Crying Mad

OhMyGod OhMyGod OhMyGod OhMyGod OhMyGod OhMyGod OhMyGod OhMyGod OhMyGod OhMyGod !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You must be climbing the walls with Bingo withdrawal!!! But, I'm sure the Bingo Hall will not go broke during your absence...it will be there waiting to take your money! A BIG THANKS for Hosting during your pain....but hey, it will take your mind off Bingo!Razz Razz Razz

Edited by user Tuesday, May 14, 2013 1:49:27 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

LisaW. Offline
#47 Posted : Tuesday, May 14, 2013 3:58:17 PM(UTC)
LisaW.

United States

sorry ladies...going to post and run. Scrapbook class tonight so I will have to come back afterwards and drool over everybodies wonderful creations.

Sketch #1...not sure about this one but got to quit being so critical, lol. My scrapbook teacher had a rough week...her mom died, her dog had a seizure and they had to put her down, and her boss's parent also died. I designed this card with her in mind...hope it is not too cheezy.

Cartridges: George for the tag
Storybook for the butterfly
Home Decor for the swirly thing

LisaW. attached the following image(s):
DSCF0377.JPG
DeeScraps Offline
#48 Posted : Tuesday, May 14, 2013 4:15:06 PM(UTC)
DeeScraps

Thanks everyone....and thanks to Bingolady for hosting.

LisaW....Sorry to hear about all the problems your scrapbook teaching is having. I'm sure she'll appreciate the card. It came out very nice.

Dee
LisaW. Offline
#49 Posted : Tuesday, May 14, 2013 5:30:59 PM(UTC)
LisaW.

United States

I came here to vent...I just want to cry.

I work from home 1-1/2 jobs and have one night a month that is mine...I go to scrapbook class. Ready to head out the door and of course srambling for my keys. Lo and behold they are in the locked vehicle. I seriously considered calling a locksmith.

NanaDonna: Thank you for the sketches...have to say they were a little challenging but I did it:)I like the colors on your sketch #1 and how you did the flourish. Very pretty paper for your sketch #2. Wonderful "circles" card and congrats on your grandson's coming home. Fabulous graduation card. Adorable little girl card.

Dee: Thanks for the colors...a great combination. Beautiful sketch #1...love that paper pattern. I would love to find that stack. Absolutely love that snowman card and think the blue background paper is great with it. Fabulous aqua card...like how you added the flowers.

TurtleBug: Sorry to hear about your dentist troubles but hopefully you will feel better soon and be "good as new." Such a creative way on your circles...pretty butterflies. Gorgeous black and white card. I have that tree branch punch, that embossing folder, and that heart punch border and I don't think I have ever used any of mine, lol. I just love that patterned paper you used for sketch #1 and like how you embossed it.

BingoLady: Wonderful round cards...like the assortment of blues. Great ad color card for sketch #1. I am sure it is just me..but is your paper pattern orange or yellow?

Sunnieday: Very nice sketch #1...very cheerful colors. Love the pattern paper and colors of sketch #2.

VickieBryan: Gorgeous card. Sorry to hear about your husband's passing. You are in my thoughts.

Gisele: Wonderful graduation card...love the swirly thing under the hat and tag. Very pretty sketch #2 with all the different patterns.

LadybugJett: Very nice sketch #1 with the horses. Great circle card with the different shades of blue. Lots of polka dots going on your card...like it a lot.

Thank you Bingolady for taking on the hosting duties tomorrow...I will take the 29th through the 4th if that is okay with everybody.

Okay...now I have a question for you ladies that color your images. How do you get your images...I was kinda looking around and seems like images are $5.00. I was looking at an image of a boy playing a video game (want to do something like that for my son's bday card) but just wanting to get some info...how do they work, can you only use the image once or is it yours once you buy it. I have never done any coloring either. Looking for any help on this.

Lisa

BingoLady Offline
#50 Posted : Tuesday, May 14, 2013 7:49:58 PM(UTC)
BingoLady

ladies wonderful cards, sorry can't comment on the cards,I hope the
computer doesn't go off on me. And I hope it lets me post the sketches latter.Mellow Mellow
*NanaDonna* Offline
#51 Posted : Tuesday, May 14, 2013 9:34:40 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Thank you everyone for the well wishes.BigGrin I do feel much much better today, the lightheadedness and dizziness has gone away and I am able to eat again. Still waiting on the blood test to come back.

Dee - I love love your #1 awesome colors and papers. Funny I have some the exact old paper packs from ProvoCraft except in different colors. I bought them at Michaels many many years ago when I first started to make cards so that was well over 17 years ago.

Lisa - wonderful #1, I love the colors you used and I know exactly what you mean about being too critical of yourself. I give myself a darn good talking to now and then and make myself not be so critical ha ha. Glad you got to play along this week after all. So sorry to hear about all the sad things that you have had to deal with. As far as images, if you purchase a digital image it is yours to keep and store on your computer. They are great because you can re-size them however you want. You can also Google images and sometime you can find somethings to print out for free. If you have any other questions let me know.

Bingolady - sure hope you are feeling better. What a tropper to host have having 3 teeth pulled.

Thanks you all for playing along this week, I appreciated your participation and sharing your wonderful creations.