Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

10 Pages«<56789>»
KelleyRooks Offline
#181 Posted : Thursday, May 09, 2013 2:36:06 PM(UTC)
KelleyRooks

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 529 time(s) in 432 post(s)
Loving the tags being posted so far.

I am going to give a weeks grace period to mail until the 25th if you need it. I had the main tag, which I was really proud of, and three of the other tags done - just had to do three more. Well after yesterday's major craftastrophy, I will be starting over on several swaps from ground zero. Crying Crying Crying

CraftyOldBat Offline
#182 Posted : Thursday, May 09, 2013 3:39:16 PM(UTC)
CraftyOldBat

United States
Location: Massachusetts MQ Pg 9 Post # 247 Swap Questionnaire Pg 1 Post #8

Was thanked: 417 time(s) in 346 post(s)
Originally Posted by: KelleyRooks Go to Quoted Post

- just had to do three more. Well after yesterday's major craftastrophy, I will be starting over on several swaps from ground zero. Crying Crying Crying

Uh oh, what did you break, spill, burn down...?

Edited by user Thursday, May 09, 2013 3:39:58 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

ScrappinGwen Online
#183 Posted : Thursday, May 09, 2013 4:42:10 PM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

Was thanked: 844 time(s) in 658 post(s)
Thanks for the extension..I'm pretty sure I will need it. I've had two empty nights this week but I'm trying to get over this dang cold and sickness so I opted to veg on the couch and rest up instead of work on this swap!

I almost feel human again today.....I am not used to being sick this bad, this long! lol

and I do not like it one bit!
KelleyRooks Offline
#184 Posted : Thursday, May 09, 2013 5:28:51 PM(UTC)
KelleyRooks

Originally Posted by: CraftyOldBat Go to Quoted Post
Uh oh, what did you break, spill, burn down...?

Oh even worse...still a little teary eyed over the whole thing. Friends came with their five kids. They are great kids and love them. I had been babysitting them for 12 hours a day while the parents worked on their storage unit. Yesterday I went to go run some errands for josh's birthday in the morning for about half a day and was going to babysit later in the afternoon. The dad stayed at my house with them, while the mom ran their own errands. I had done little crafts with the kids while I was watching them. Well they asked their dad if they could craft and he said yes! I came home to find my craft room demolished...good paints spilled that I have in a drawer...(the luminare 8.99 a bottle), all my swaps that I had been working on...(the tags-the main tag plus the three I finished, the rak I started for you, and the junk journal that was almost done )all cut into pieces and glued to tons of alterables...including the ones that I pulled for the red white and blue swap. The is paint and spray all over my cricut, the walls, the desk....the projects they made had a ton of sprays used on them, tons of pieces of what used to be my projects, a gigillion half back pearls and other good embellies on them.... i was totally sick. THere is more damage in there, I just cannot bring myself to really go through it all right now. It was bad enough I had to search for my token code for work amongst the rubble all day. I know it is just stuff....time to get the big girl panties on...get over it and move on. I think I am most sick about the projects. Granted mine may not be the best, but I always use good materials and put a lot of time and effort into them.

Edited by user Thursday, May 09, 2013 6:44:51 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

CraftyOldBat Offline
#185 Posted : Thursday, May 09, 2013 6:47:48 PM(UTC)
CraftyOldBat

United States

Oh even worse...still a little teary eyed over the whole thing. Friends came with their five kids. They are great kids and love them. I had been babysitting them for 12 hours a day while the parents worked on their storage unit. Yesterday I went to go run some errands for josh's birthday in the morning for about half a day and was going to babysit later in the afternoon. The dad stayed at my house with them, while the mom ran their own errands. I had done little crafts with the kids while I was watching them. Well they asked their dad if they could craft and he said yes! I came home to find my craft room demolished...good paints spilled that I have in a drawer...(the luminare 8.99 a bottle), all my swaps that I had been working on...(the tags-the main tag plus the three I finished, the rak I started for you, and the junk journal that was almost done )all cut into pieces and glued to tons of alterables...including the ones that I pulled for the red white and blue swap. The is paint and spray all over my cricut, the walls, the desk....the projects they made had a ton of sprays used on them, tons of pieces of what used to be my projects, a gigillion half back pearls and other good embellies on them.... i was totally sick. THere is more damage in there, I just cannot bring myself to really go through it all right now. I know it is just stuff....time to get the big girl panties on...get over it and move on. I think I am most sick about the projects. Granted mine may not be the best, but I always use good materials and put a lot of time and effort into them.

Oh my God. I would have killed all of them especially the &*#$@&^ father. I am so truly sorry for your loss. Is there anything we can do???
KelleyRooks Offline
#186 Posted : Thursday, May 09, 2013 7:09:45 PM(UTC)
KelleyRooks

Oh my God. I would have killed all of them especially the &*#$@&^ father. I am so truly sorry for your loss. Is there anything we can do???

Just having you all here that Understand what it means....not just like you have tons of paper what's the big deal mentality - means a lot to me. Big girl panties are on now....tomorrow - I am going to put back together the craft room. The items alterable items are not really salvagable so I just let them keep them. There is nothing left of my swap items that wasn't destroyed and used on their projects with the exception of one fraction of my viewfinder tag that I had done. I guess I feel lucky that I do have plenty of supplies, so I can recreate some of the items. I am also very lucky because josh offered to give me his birthday money to replace what was destroyed. I would never do that, but it was so sweet of him to offer. I have to look at it as it was not intentional on anyone's part...it was just bad judgment. It is what it is. The tears have stopped now.

I am taking josh to the iron man movie tonight to celebrate his b-day, we both just need to get out of the house.

CraftyOldBat Offline
#187 Posted : Thursday, May 09, 2013 10:12:16 PM(UTC)
CraftyOldBat

United States

I have to look at it as it was not intentional on anyone's part...it was just bad judgment. It is what it is.

Are you kidding me??!! Mad Cursing Angry Cursing Cursing Cursing Cursing

The word that's missing here is A-C-C-O-U-N-T-A-B-I-L-I-T-Y

SOMEBODY gets to take responsibility for that gross misrepresentation of PARENTING! Now if there are 5 of these monsters at least ONE had to be old enough to know that SOMEONE'S HOME IS NOT A FREE-FOR-ALL HOUSE!!! If these children have not been taught that this is UNACCEPTABLE in any home let alone someone else's then mommy and daddy get to bear the blame. Even if you didn't specifically state that your craft room was NOT a playroom, it was still his responsibility to convey the question to YOU for permission, not grant it himself! Cursing Cursing Cursing Cursing Cursing Cursing Cursing Never mind the damage and loss of product THAT THEY SHOULD BE PAYING YOU FOR but my head would explode at the basic lack of manners, respect and considerationCursing Cursing Cursing Cursing Cursing Cursing
KelleyRooks Offline
#188 Posted : Thursday, May 09, 2013 11:01:34 PM(UTC)
KelleyRooks

Thank you....I am done with my pity party. No use in crying over spilled paint - lol. It isn't going to fix it. I am going to get a good nights sleep and jump into tomorrow with a better attitude. Thank goodness I am a craft supply hoarderLaugh I will just create anew. Kel
CandyHazzard Offline
#189 Posted : Friday, May 10, 2013 5:58:15 AM(UTC)
CandyHazzard

Canada

Was thanked: 191 time(s) in 171 post(s)
What Sharon said ...

Look on the bright side ... it's a good thing you didn't bake cookies with them, or dear old dad might have let them burn your house down Cursing
JeanP Offline
#190 Posted : Friday, May 10, 2013 6:59:05 AM(UTC)
JeanP

United States

Was thanked: 993 time(s) in 800 post(s)
Originally Posted by: CandyHazzard Go to Quoted Post
What Sharon said ...

Look on the bright side ... it's a good thing you didn't bake cookies with them, or dear old dad might have let them burn your house down Cursing

not really funny but trueBigGrin

planlady19 Offline
#191 Posted : Friday, May 10, 2013 7:06:39 AM(UTC)
planlady19

United States

Was thanked: 286 time(s) in 268 post(s)

SOMEBODY gets to take responsibility for that gross misrepresentation of PARENTING! Now if there are 5 of these monsters at least ONE had to be old enough to know that SOMEONE'S HOME IS NOT A FREE-FOR-ALL HOUSE!!! If these children have not been taught that this is UNACCEPTABLE in any home let alone someone else's then mommy and daddy get to bear the blame. Even if you didn't specifically state that your craft room was NOT a playroom, it was still his responsibility to convey the question to YOU for permission, not grant it himself! Cursing Cursing Cursing Cursing Cursing Cursing Cursing Never mind the damage and loss of product THAT THEY SHOULD BE PAYING YOU FOR but my head would explode at the basic lack of manners, respect and considerationCursing Cursing Cursing Cursing Cursing Cursing

YEA someone else agreed with me.. I have been telling her this for the last two days.. Kelly we know you are a softie but really.. hope things are better today.

terri
KelleyRooks Offline
#192 Posted : Friday, May 10, 2013 7:10:45 AM(UTC)
KelleyRooks

Today is a new day....got a great night's sleep. Just dropped josh off at his babysitting gig, going to eat a good breakfast, get work done, then I am going to tackle the craft room this morning. Then I am going to craft away. I probably will babysit a little this afternoon, but definitely not the whole day. Tomorrow...I need to get some things and then get ready for Josh's birthday party. We are just having some friends and family at the pizza place.

QOD: What are your plans for the weekend?
CraftyOldBat Offline
#193 Posted : Friday, May 10, 2013 7:18:59 AM(UTC)
CraftyOldBat

United States

QOD: What are your plans for the weekend?

Assuming I finish laying re-sodding the backyard today I hope I'll be finding a great technique for the foundation for my configuration tray..

KelleyRooks Offline
#194 Posted : Friday, May 10, 2013 7:33:35 AM(UTC)
KelleyRooks

COB - how awesome to find a new technique....when we are all done with the trays, you'll have to tell us how you did it. I always love to learn something newBigGrin
~Pamela~ Offline
#195 Posted : Friday, May 10, 2013 10:12:16 AM(UTC)
~Pamela~

Was thanked: 130 time(s) in 119 post(s)
Ok thanks for letting me know!

Originally Posted by: CandyHazzard Go to Quoted Post
Pam, I won't make it to the PO till Saturday ... I think they used delivered loosely :)

~Pamela~ Offline
#196 Posted : Friday, May 10, 2013 10:21:51 AM(UTC)
~Pamela~

Was thanked: 130 time(s) in 119 post(s)
This is the same thing I said! I would never let Isadora touch things let alone destroy things that belong to someone else! And I can guarantee you that by the age of 5 I KNEW what was acceptable and unacceptable is someone else's home! I know Kelley is trying to move on but this is seriously part of what is wrong with people today. That have no respect for others and they aren't teaching their children to respect other people!

KauaiMelody Offline
#197 Posted : Friday, May 10, 2013 8:20:53 PM(UTC)
KauaiMelody

Was thanked: 2181 time(s) in 1024 post(s)
Gwynne, extensions are always a good thing, glad we are doing this and hope your cold gets better and your energy returns tenfold.

Kelley, what a nightmare. Thanks for the extra timeWoot Woot Wink
CraftyOldBat Offline
#198 Posted : Friday, May 10, 2013 9:05:51 PM(UTC)
CraftyOldBat

United States

I was watering in the dark BUT I finished the yard. It's a good thing I only planned to LOOK for techniques tomorrow because this FatOldOut-of-shapeBat had no business doing all that lifting, carrying and crawling around for hours. I figured I'd be pretty crippled by morning but the pain has already begun from my neck to my feet! OW.
planlady19 Offline
#199 Posted : Saturday, May 11, 2013 9:44:14 AM(UTC)
planlady19

United States

I was watering in the dark BUT I finished the yard. It's a good thing I only planned to LOOK for techniques tomorrow because this FatOldOut-of-shapeBat had no business doing all that lifting, carrying and crawling around for hours. I figured I'd be pretty crippled by morning but the pain has already begun from my neck to my feet! OW.

OUCH i feel for you.. i am in the same shape..LOL LOL

well since the weather man messed up my plans for cleaning up my back yard.. finallty a weekend i did not have anything else i had to do and it is raining.. grrrrr. so i guess i will do all the yucky indoor things, clean, laundry, and wish i was outside.

but on the other hand when i get the yucky stuff done i can play in my room..

YEA.. need to get things caught up and figure out what i need to stock up on. have to get my grocery list of supplies up to date.

terri
KelleyRooks Offline
#200 Posted : Saturday, May 11, 2013 11:24:44 AM(UTC)
KelleyRooks

Oh how I feel your pain. That is how I felt spring cleaning for company. Time to do a little crafting this morning. I have to pick josh up from the college in an hour and then later today is the family/friend party for his birthday.
Caffinee Offline
#201 Posted : Saturday, May 11, 2013 4:02:44 PM(UTC)
Caffinee

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
United States

Was thanked: 1271 time(s) in 716 post(s)
CoyoteKim - your tags went Postal this morning :)
Hope you like them

DC#9500 1109 3131 4475 50
CandyHazzard Offline
#202 Posted : Saturday, May 11, 2013 8:31:40 PM(UTC)
CandyHazzard

Canada

Was thanked: 191 time(s) in 171 post(s)
I picked up my tags from Pamela today ... a great collection of Christmas tags ... thanks so much Pam ... I'll take pictures when the light is good.

Edited by user Sunday, May 12, 2013 7:07:00 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

LoriSjogren Offline
#203 Posted : Sunday, May 12, 2013 12:41:59 PM(UTC)
LoriSjogren

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 2656 time(s) in 1572 post(s)
Waves to my partner, Kelley, and you crafty ladies. I am sorry about your ordeal, Kelley. Take any time you need. Life happens and there are just something's that get out of our control. I can wait if you need to finish up other things. I don't know about you or anybody else but these tags were labor intensive! Loads of fun to to do. I really liked doing this project. I sent mine out. I will update with the dc when I get home.

Happy Mother's Day!

dc:

9500 1109 4464 3131 4471 23

Edited by user Sunday, May 12, 2013 8:37:45 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

planlady19 Offline
#204 Posted : Sunday, May 12, 2013 12:57:26 PM(UTC)
planlady19

United States

COB will the weather man gave us sunshine today but it is still cold.. what is going on here???

usually on Mother's day I have all my flowers planted and the backyard is all cleaned up and ready for BBQ but not this year. We did spend all day cleaning the flower beds and trimming the rose bush that decided to overtake the bed but I don't have any flowers planted have not even went to the greenhouse yet which is so not like me.. but the cold has just be a real downer so I am hoping for better things this week.

I am working on my tags.. I had bought a die when i was at my conference a couple of weeks ago for this swap and I could not find it thought will maybe I did not go ahead and get it .. LOL.. but finally this morning it showed up.. I thought maybe it was hiding like Kelly's finger knife that she still has not found.. LOL so now i can get this finished like I originally like I wanted to do.

have a good week everyone.

Terri
KelleyRooks Offline
#205 Posted : Sunday, May 12, 2013 1:29:21 PM(UTC)
KelleyRooks

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY.....I did some happy shopping today.BigGrin
ScrappinGwen Online
#206 Posted : Sunday, May 12, 2013 5:07:11 PM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

Was thanked: 844 time(s) in 658 post(s)
Thanks to Kelley's ordeal, I about scared the daylights out of my 2 grandchildren today! It was pretty funny, had myself in tears, half laughing and half feeling awful that I scared them so.... It wasn't my intention to scare them! I just wanted to know if they knew enough to never cut up my projects (and I know they never would....)

I put on my stern babysitting look and started to ask Madison if she would ever cut up my projects...then I stopped and said, wait, I'll ask David first, he's the younger one...and I asked him the same question, with my stern look, and I looked him in the eyes and said, this is serious business and I need to know what you would do.

Well, he didn't know what to say....and Madison interrupts and says, but we haven't been to your house in awhile...it wasn't us!!!

Us adults all burst out laughing cuz then we realized that they thought it had really happened to me! And then I'm apologizing saying nooooo, it didn't happen to me, I just want to make sure you wouldn't do that to me! Then I had myself almost in tears cuz I had scared them so!

(they'll never walk in my room again, probably! lol)

You had to be there to appreciate it all.....but the look on their faces when they thought they were in trouble....but yet they knew they hadn't done it....

Anyway, we discussed it and commented on how my daycare kids don't even ever try to sneak in my room to get into things.... so like Terri, COB, Pamela, etc. all said....it's the parenting and accountability of being a parent!

So I think I'm safe now....if the little ones try to get into my stuff this summer with the big kids here crafting....David and Madison will be sure to stop them quick!

They are just the best kids anyway! lol And I'm not just saying that cuz they are my dear grandchildren! lol

Kelley, I hope you had a marvelous day doing some happy shopping! You deserve it!

craftymomof2 Offline
#207 Posted : Sunday, May 12, 2013 6:53:26 PM(UTC)
craftymomof2

Was thanked: 86 time(s) in 84 post(s)
I am finished with COB's tags and pocket. i will be mailing tomorrow.

Happy Mother's Day!!!

hugs, Lana
 1 user thanked craftymomof2 for this useful post.
KelleyRooks on 5/13/2013(UTC)
KelleyRooks Offline
#208 Posted : Sunday, May 12, 2013 8:03:16 PM(UTC)
KelleyRooks

Originally Posted by: ScrappinGwen Go to Quoted Post
Thanks to Kelley's ordeal, I about scared the daylights out of my 2 grandchildren today! It was pretty funny, had myself in tears, half laughing and half feeling awful that I scared them so.... It wasn't my intention to scare them! I just wanted to know if they knew enough to never cut up my projects (and I know they never would....)

I put on my stern babysitting look and started to ask Madison if she would ever cut up my projects...then I stopped and said, wait, I'll ask David first, he's the younger one...and I asked him the same question, with my stern look, and I looked him in the eyes and said, this is serious business and I need to know what you would do.

Well, he didn't know what to say....and Madison interrupts and says, but we haven't been to your house in awhile...it wasn't us!!!

Us adults all burst out laughing cuz then we realized that they thought it had really happened to me! And then I'm apologizing saying nooooo, it didn't happen to me, I just want to make sure you wouldn't do that to me! Then I had myself almost in tears cuz I had scared them so!

(they'll never walk in my room again, probably! lol)

You had to be there to appreciate it all.....but the look on their faces when they thought they were in trouble....but yet they knew they hadn't done it....

Anyway, we discussed it and commented on how my daycare kids don't even ever try to sneak in my room to get into things.... so like Terri, COB, Pamela, etc. all said....it's the parenting and accountability of being a parent!

So I think I'm safe now....if the little ones try to get into my stuff this summer with the big kids here crafting....David and Madison will be sure to stop them quick!

They are just the best kids anyway! lol And I'm not just saying that cuz they are my dear grandchildren! lol

Kelley, I hope you had a marvelous day doing some happy shopping! You deserve it!

LOL - Gwynne. I did have fun shopping. I am so excited...our Michael's barely carries any Timmy Holtz. What they do carry is minimal and has been around for ever. They got in some of his newer stuff that craft warehouse doesn't carry...score!!!! They had the 40% off one item, and 15% off the whole order coupon for today. Cob they had one package of the mirrored sheet so I had to get one. The only thing I couldn't find today is a gumball machine.

Waves to Lori, excited about the tags and thanks for being understanding.
Caffinee Offline
#209 Posted : Sunday, May 12, 2013 9:21:21 PM(UTC)
Caffinee

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
United States

Was thanked: 1271 time(s) in 716 post(s)
Just wanted to drop by and wish everyone a very Happy Mother's Day!
 1 user thanked Caffinee for this useful post.
KelleyRooks on 5/13/2013(UTC)
KelleyRooks Offline
#210 Posted : Monday, May 13, 2013 6:27:31 PM(UTC)
KelleyRooks

NO DIBS NO DIBS NO DIBS NO DIBS NO DIBS.....

I received my tags from Lori today.....WOWsErS they are awesome....

She took my love of Timmy, G45, Steampunk and Grunge and made me an awesome set of tags using the Magic of Oz stack wow.... my favorite tag is the one that is delightfully embossed with the gears die and inked then has the scarecrow fussy cut out and some of his limbs are put together with a brad and gears so he moves. So cool...I may have to copy a few of these tags. Great job....so love the pocket and clip too. Everything is great. I will be back with pictures by tomorrow night.
 1 user thanked KelleyRooks for this useful post.
LoriSjogren on 5/14/2013(UTC)