Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

86 Pages«<7576777879>»
Nancycs Offline
#2281 Posted : Thursday, May 09, 2013 6:28:05 AM(UTC)
Nancycs

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Good morning!

Lizzy sorry about your back. I hope it feels better today. Just think of all the calories you are burning doing all of this! BigGrin I think Father's Day is one of the hardest to do. You can always fall back on flowers for moms but not dads. I also don't like to do ties for dads because so many don't even wear them. None of my little ones dads wear them. I like the pendant idea.

Rhonda the original idea for the footprint was a key chain. (It is on my pinterest kids craft board) I suppose they did the footprint on shrinky dink material. I just did the footprints on paper. They are also making a fingerprint frame. I just put a smaller piece of card stock on top and then they printed the edge. It is really turning out cute. I was going to put in on pattered scrapbook paper but I really like them to do as much of the project as possible and this worked better. I posted a picture of one of them on my blog.

Pat how did you do on your list yesterday?

Laurie did you get your errands done and your touch up painting done? Did you hear anything from your realtor?

Carrie and Paula I hope all is going well with you!

It is raining today so I hope we can get a lot accomplished. I have a couple more to do the fingerprints on the projects and then we will start wrapping them. We also have to work on a new letter.

I hope everyone has a great day!
I_M_BLEST Offline
#2282 Posted : Thursday, May 09, 2013 8:48:52 PM(UTC)
I_M_BLEST

Hello

Nancy, I never thought about the fact that guys don't wear ties much. As if it isn't hard enough to come up with ideas for them. The gifts your having the kids make sound really nice. :)
We got a little rain today but not what they predicted.

Rhonda, did you guys get the storm?
Did you finish the cards you wanted to make? How nice to give Amber one for her performance.

Lizzy, hope you're hanging in there.

Pat, what are you up to?
Did you get to Zumba? I bought it for the Wii a long time ago and have never tried it out.

Laurie, you have a very productive day yesterday. How was today? Did you check some more items off your list?

After my Thur. house I went to the bank, Lowes and Aldis. Serina's mom helped me with the houses Tue. and she scrubbed the patina off a copper sink. ugh! I am trying to figure out how to fix it. My friend said bees wax polish but I can't find any.
This Fri. and Sat. is our craft weekend at church. Two others and me are in charge so I will go early and set up tables. I also have to make a soup for Sat. I started by cooking the chicken and cutting up the veggies tonight. I do have some pages ready to work on. I also might make some cards for Relay for life. We will see.
Flee57 Offline
#2283 Posted : Friday, May 10, 2013 8:08:25 AM(UTC)
Flee57

Good morning everyone! Looks like it's gearing up to be a stormy day here. Hope it doesn't get too severe.

Lizzy, I hope your back is feeling better now. D hurt his back moving out my washer . I ache so much now that I don't even attempt it. I pulled something in my neck and as soon as I try to do something strenuous, it hurts so I stop. There is a light coming soon at the end of our tunnels. Is Terry in NC right now? If you guys do end up there, flights from Orlando are under $150 and a train is $90 one way. So doable!

Rhonda, that must have been scary that the guy who shot those 3 people at that farm was in Emporia. I'm glad they caught him. Maybe there will be some kind of miracle and they will find that little girl alive. He killed before. I hope they lock him up sor good this time. I love the little pic of Peyton (sorry,can never remember if i's Pey or Pay...hope I got it right). I know this has been a sad time for you but I sure hope you can feel the (((HUGS))) and love coming from those who care about you.

Pat, how's the Zumba coming? The first thing they taught us in the instructor class was if you see someone doing it a little different that they should be, that's ok. There is no right or wrng way. If you have rhythm, it looks a little better that if you have none at all...like you and me LOL The important thing is you are moving, you are burning calories, you are building muscle and you are having FUN while doing it!

Nancy your little one's projects sound nice. I always had a hard time with Father's Day because my Dad wasn't exactly the type who did all those things the greeting cards say. That's why I like making my own for him. Plus with the way he has been acting lately (like overnight drives from NH to MI on a whim) it's very hard. Just need to make one that tells him I love him no matter what :)

Paula, I wish I could help with the patina removal. I recently tried removing it from something and I couldn't find anything that worked so I just bought a new one. Plus you don't want to damage the copper. Good luck with it. The Zumba for the wii was tough to get started but really try it. Zumba is fun and there isn't a "right" way to do it. You just move to the music...feel the music. you don't need rhythm, you just need to move. Good luck with the craft weekend.

Well here's my list, how it stands today. Some stuff gone, others added

-clean oven and oven drawer DONE!

-wipe down inside and outside of kitchen and bathroom cabinets DONE!

-clean behind and under stove, washer and dryer DONE!

-clean out kitchen closet DONE!

-clean out the stuff I put on the side of the bed that you can't see...unless you go to the other side of the bed Got some of it taken care of DONE!

-take old paint (from living room) to Lowes so they can shake it up good for me

-return curtains and switchplate...first have to remember where I bought the curtains DONE!

-buy curtain rod and sheer scarf for living room window NOT DONE...STILL DECIDING ON WHAT i WANT TO DO WITH THE WINDOWS

-take bag of towels, sheets and blankets to PAWS The bag madeit to the car DONE!

-take other bag to Heart House (homeless shelter) the bag made it to the car

-take old monitor to the recycle place behind Heart House

-use the old living room paint to touch up some areas in LR and Kit

ADDED...

-Call a rental place to rent a hedge trimmer

-Buy some peroxide to help get rid of carpet stains to make it easier for Stanley Steamer

-Call Stanley Steamer

-Laundry...in process

-Clean bathrooms

-Hang up towel bar, etc... (this scares me LOL)

-Return the cover I bought for the porch rocking chair and find something to use (can't find any covers for rockers!)

-Clean front porch

-Clean back patio

-Clean up the sheds a big (sweep and get rid of cob/spider webs)

-Clean out front corner of yard and maybe plant some flowers

-Clean all around the inside of the windows

-Clean off shelves in laundry room

-Clean hall closet (throw away any plastc containers without lids!)

Like you all wanted to know all that LOL I do like to put my big lists on here so that I can be accountable and also I have a place to look...can't say I lost the list LOL

this is my list for the next 7 days. I'm sure I can get it done. Oh, and I'm also looking for PT work...preferably 3 nights a week, like from 5p-10p. That way I can be here during the day for any showings and on the nights I would work, we wouldn't be able to have any showings because Sadie is not allowed in D's car and we are not changing that.

So my Friends, please keep good thoughts for us that we can get this sold within the next year. I don't think I can keep doing this, not knowing when we can leave, for longer than a year. We are not trying to keep the house spotless every second. If there's a dish in the sink and someone comes to see the house...oh well...we live here. I get up every morning at 8 whether or not I've slept well and the first thing I do is get the bed made and the room and bathroom tidied up. it feels good and looks nice. But I can't live under the stress of tyring to keep everything perfect. I packed all my scraproom so that room could be clear. I am second guessing that decision. I did keep out a few things to make stuff for my Nephew's graduation open house but that's it. I'm feeling like my passion and creativity is packed away and gone. If after 6 months we don't sell, I'm unpacking it. I just don't like it to not be at my finger tips...at my beck and call.

Well, I wrote a novel but thanks for listening to my last paragraph. I guess I had to vent a little.

Love you guys!

Later

imnchghere Offline
#2284 Posted : Friday, May 10, 2013 7:27:51 PM(UTC)
imnchghere

Was thanked: 99 time(s) in 77 post(s)
Good evening. We have some thunder and lightening go on this evening, but it is moving out. We had a really nice day with temps in the 80's. It was nice on the deck. I started the morning doing some zumba. This is going to take me some time, but I will keep trying. I also took a short walk and I rode the bike. A little of everything, but it all added up.
I did get the new cfs theme posted and I also mailed the vinyl cut I did. I also got all the pictures trimmed and the pages kits started. I have pics to print from the meeting last month and then I can get those kits done.

Nancy, the frames/prints are so cute. Cute idea to use the fingerprints for the frame.
Paula, I hope you can figure out the problem with the copper patina. And that craft weekend goes well. I didn't know there is a zumba for the wii. The dvd set is nice, because I can do as much as I want and stop.
Lizzy, I hope the week went well for you and you got enough done to make you feel good. Kat & Malcom will hopefully be a big help this weekend.
Laurie, you have a looooooooong list, but you need to just take it one item at a time and in 7 days it will be done. I understand about putting everything away. Is the plan to keep the former scrap room empty? It appears at one time that was actually the garage.

Rhonda and Carrie, hope you had a good week and enjoy the weekend.

lizzyea Offline
#2285 Posted : Friday, May 10, 2013 8:42:09 PM(UTC)
lizzyea

Good Friday evening! Well, I feel like we are finally at the final starting gate for the end of the school year. Next week, I do my California Standards Testing....Tuesday-Friday. The rest of the school year is spent covering anything we haven't yet covered, especially in Science and Math; and preparing for our Open House. I will add to that, cleaning out my classroom so I can be ready to leave on the last day of school. I need to stay very focused and not waste any time. Thankfully, I think this week was Terry's last or next to last trip until I am out of school, so I can work later and leave some things to him here at home. (I hope)

Perhaps, just perhaps, we are making S-L-O-W progress on the Terminix issue. A contractor is to stop in on Monday to look at the damage, write up a scope of work bid, then submit it to Terminix. After that...well, it all depends on how long Terminix takes to approve it.

In the meantime, we are closing in on the final interior painting. Tomorrow, I am meeting him at Home Depot to select hardware for the cabinets, look at hardware for the doors, and anything else he deems necessary. I suppose I should also look at mirrors, towel rods, TP holders, and light fixtures. We have to empty our closets this weekend and then he can do those and begin in the kitchen. This week, the granite gets installed. And, the following week is the flooring. At that point, we can put the finishing touches on the interior.

By then, we have to have everything else out of here...packed, wrapped, boxes, and GONE! So, we are far from out of the woods....I'm not sure I see that light yet or not, Laurie! LOL

In the meantime, I need to write lesson plans to cover the next two weeks. I will be shifting gears and the students will be doing more hands-on things with science and also more writing. It's way more intense and crazy-making for me, but far more meaningful for them. Say a little prayer for my patience, please.

Their Mother's Day cards were great and they took them home today. On Monday, I want them to work on a little poem to write about themselves to pump themselves up for the testing...like of an acrostic poem using the letters of their name and test-taking tips. Here's an example: if the student's name is Marco:

M - mark out any obviously wrong answers
A - always read the directions
R - read the answers first
C - carefully read the questions
O - only focus on one question at a time

They can color it and I'll put it on the inside of their privacy folders for Tuesday morning as a reminder of their own knowledge about good test-taking strategies.

I also want to buy some snacks for them like crackers and cheese, pretzels, and fish crackers along with personal packs of tissue. I might put all of those items into a zip-lock bag and have that on their desks when they come in. It all depends on how much time I have to assemble it all this weekend.

Today was Mexican Mother's Day and I got a bunch of presents again. One girl wrote me the most touching note about how I taught her to read this year...which isn't true...but she thinks it is. I also have given her a bunch of books because she loves to read so much. And she thanked me again for the books. She is such a sweetheart and loves school and reading so much. These kids have so little. Today, I gave them each a pencil and a couple of girls asked for another pencil to put inside their cards so they could give their mothers a pencil for Mother's Day. How sweet! If I had thought about it, I could have bought some little thing for them to give to their moms.

We are forming another GATE class so I was able to refer three students to that class. It is so exciting to think that three of my students will be able to go to GATE next year. It pleases me to think how happy that should make their parents when they get the phone call! One of my kids from last year was finally able to go and she is so excited!

We have added a new location to our home search: Waco, Texas. The home prices are fabulous....not the weather so much....it's very close to where Kathy H. lives now. Anyway, just thought I'd toss that one out there! Crazy, huh!!

Everyone take care....talk to you later.
Flee57 Offline
#2286 Posted : Saturday, May 11, 2013 12:16:31 PM(UTC)
Flee57

Good afternoon everyone! I hope your weekends are starting off great!

Pat, yes, that used to be the garage. It will stay empty except for boxes that we have packed. It's the only place we can put them. We were going to store them but it was $35/month and that would be silly when we are sitting here with an empty room. Glad you are sticking with the Zumba...it's really lots of fun!

Lizzy, it sounds like you know all that you need/want to do before you are finished with school. Like me and my list...take it one day at a time and you'll get it all done. Tat's so sweet to want to make up a bag for them. Is it for them to snack while they are testing?

Paula, Rhonda and Nancy, I hope your weekdned is going well.

I'm so bored! I have nothing to do. My house is clean, my house is purged, part of my house is packed. I have nothing to clean, nothing to purge and nothing to pack at this time. I watched some art journal videos yesterday and I wanted to get my stuff out an play!

Later!

Oh wait1 Something exciting happened this morning! My WalMart has brand new carts! No cluncking through the store...at least for a little while LOL
Flee57 Offline
#2287 Posted : Sunday, May 12, 2013 6:00:37 AM(UTC)
Flee57

Good morning everyone and a very special

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!

Edited by user Sunday, May 12, 2013 6:01:26 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

I_M_BLEST Offline
#2288 Posted : Sunday, May 12, 2013 6:47:37 AM(UTC)
I_M_BLEST

Good morning ladies.

Happy Mother's Day ladies.

Our scrapping weekend went well. I actually scrapped. :) I am on the last page of 2011. Next I will have to go back to 2008 to work my way back.
We had a nice turn out. We were supposed to end at 9 but after we cleaned up a few of us stayed a couple more hours.

Laurie, I can't imagine being bored with that monster list you had. Besides bored...how does it feel? You have worked hard to get to this point.
I guess Lizzy has that to look forward to. I don't think I could ever get this house that cleaned out, it is so crammed with junk. Is there a project that you can pull out that doesn't require a lot of things. Simple card making maybe? (I am thinking CFS...:))

Carrie, what are you up to.

Lizzy, did your hubby get home this weekend?

Pat...what are you up to?

It is a bit cold here again. I think there is a frost warning for tonight.
My happy report is, the leaves have come out on the trees and the neighbors behind us have gone away for the summer...hehe.

No plans for today, I need to unpack my scrapping stuff and put it away. I will look over the pages I finished.
QtnSasyCarrie Offline
#2289 Posted : Sunday, May 12, 2013 8:55:54 AM(UTC)
QtnSasyCarrie

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Just wanted to come in and wish you all a very

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!

I see that:
Laurie is bored.
Lizzy is still as busy as can be. (Make sure you lift with your knees, not your back)
Pat is dancing up a storm.
Paula celebrating the arrival of spring.
Nancy was having fun making cute cards. (Hope the parents like them.)
Rhonda is working late and has cards to do.

Carrie is busy learning and doing social media for Jim. Ran around like a crazy person this past week getting donations together for a fundraiser. It was a huge success. They were looking to make $2000-3000 for the swim team at the club but ended up making over $6000. They'll be able to replace the starting blocks with safer ones and other stuff.

Have a wonderful day.

imnchghere Offline
#2290 Posted : Sunday, May 12, 2013 10:49:46 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

Happy Mother's Day to everyone. I will have to catch up later. Started out quiet here, but momentum has picked up and no time to post.

Nancycs Offline
#2291 Posted : Monday, May 13, 2013 5:56:41 AM(UTC)
Nancycs

Good morning!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Mother's day!!

Carrie that is fabulous that the fundraiser made twice what the goal was!

Paula do you have problems with the neighbors behind you or do you just like like having the privacy? Did you get your scrapping stuff put away?

Laurie with your list I can't believe you are bored...or did you get it all done? Enjoy Walmart's new carts! LOL

Lizzy how is Terry's arm? I hope it is healing quickly. It sure sounds like you keep moving forward with your projects even though you feel like the progress seems slow. Do you have a date set for the open house?

Pat what are you up to this week?

We got together with both my mom and MIL over the weekend. We took my mom out to eat and had my in-laws over here. It was a nice weekend.

Carter got together with a classmate to work on a project and half of the boys didn't show. I just don't understand why they set a time and then some don't show. They have to do this project to pass this class. I was extremely upset about it as they met twice and the same boys didn't show both days.

I managed to clean out my drawers in my bedroom and find places for the new clothes I bought. The clothes I got rid of are on the curb to go to Saver's. They are coming around today. It is nice so I don't have to drop it off anywhere.

I better get to work!

Have a great day everyone!
imnchghere Offline
#2292 Posted : Monday, May 13, 2013 8:14:17 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

good morning .. I trust everyone had a nice Mother's Day and weekend. We had no plans, then suddenly had a houseful. Both girls and families. Everyone was gone at 5 though. Too late for Jim & I to work on the raised planters for the veggies though.

Carrie, that is great about the fundraiser. Are you feeling pretty good about your progress with the social media stuff? What else are you up to?
Laurie, I couldn't believe your list, but understand wanting one to keep focused and for a guide. I think I am going to make a detailed list for each room, so that when Jim says what do you need me to do, I can tell him to look at the list and see what requires his muscle or height and just do it.
Lizzy, I hope you had a productive weekend and got the things done for school that you wanted to and around the house that you needed to. So hard when you are having to think about different things that are equally important. Interesting you have added Waco to your possible list. I think Jim said TX is one state with their economy ducks in a row and in good shape. Not his words, but the general idea. I don't think I would like the TX climate.
Rhonda, I hope things are going well for you. I know it has been a rough couple weeks.
Nancy, I hope Carter and his classmates can get the project done. I never liked it when my girls had to do group projects, even if it was only 1 or 2 others.
Paula, sounds like you made some good progress at the craft weekend. Do you have 2008 pictures ready to work with? Hope you got all your stuff put away.

I have errands to run today which includes the PO. Have 2 boxes of cfs that need to go, as they include Father's Day cards. Jim put the boxes in the car for me, which I didn't expect.
I also need to come up with a plan to go out to CA. My Mom is having the steroid injection tomorrow for her hip. I am praying that it works, so that pain is taken care of. Right now she is suffering from the hip pain as well as her broken back, which is healing, but it is a slow process. The Dr's are pleased so far, but of course she is tired of being in pain.

With that all said, I am off.
QtnSasyCarrie Offline
#2293 Posted : Monday, May 13, 2013 8:47:48 AM(UTC)
QtnSasyCarrie

Good morning. Is it still morning. I went to workout class and then stayed for Zumba too. Whew! I had the most fabulous weekend. Spent Saturday with Jenna, then Sunday Jim took me plant shopping after church. Then he and Chris built me a garden for vegetables. I have to go plant it today when and if it warms up. I got breakfast made to order and Chinese for dinner. Gotta love that family of mine.

Pat sorry about your mom's pain. I sure hope the steroids work. Being in pain all the time is very challenging and it's hard on you when you can't do anything about it. I also saw on FB that you had a good mother's day with DD. Glad the day picked up for you.

How is your list coming along, Laurie? I can't keep my house clean 5 minutes let alone all the time.

Nancy sounds like you had a nice weekend. That is awful that the boys didn't show for the project. I hate group projects because there is always one kid who gets stuck with most of the work.

Paula do you like to pack up your stuff and take it somewhere to scrap or is it better to not have to pack it up and just use it?

Lizzy you should be counting the days now! What made you look at Waco, TX? I think you have plenty of places to look at in all those places.

Well I need to get busy. I have to figure out why Facebook won't promote my ads. Then get busy with the garden. Vacuum the main floor as the dogs have dragged in all the stuff off the trees. And I have a webinar at 2PM. I'll need to find time for a shower too.
I_M_BLEST Offline
#2294 Posted : Tuesday, May 14, 2013 12:35:08 PM(UTC)
I_M_BLEST

Hello ladies!

Since I did two houses last Tue., I had today off. I went to a friends this morning to go over the pic boards she is making for her graduate. I am going to cut some titles and help her mount them. I now have a list of things to cut.
Then I went to the grocery store and made a meal for someone from church. And that brings me to now. So much for a day off. Crying

Laurie, are you kicking back with your feet up yet?? hehe

Lizzy, I hope things are going well for you. I like the way you have the students decorate their divider with positive, uplifting thoughts. Great idea!!! :)

Nancy, we don't have any trouble with our neighbors. I am always sad when the leaves fall off the trees and we see the houses behind us. The rest of the year we can pretend there is no one back there. Laugh
How nice that there is an organization that picks your donations up right from your curb.

Pat, what are you up to?
I am glad to hear your mom got the shot. I sure hope she gets relief from her pain now.

I do have 2008 pics in order and ready to go. I will journal the guys fishing trip since Sunday they looked over the pages with me and gave me some ideas of what to write. I was going to do that yesterday when Deb and I got together but we made cards to donate to Relay for Life. The Miss SW MI has a team so I will give them to her and they can sell them at their booth in June when we have the relay here. I wanted to decorate cookies with her for it but I will be at the cottage the week before and I don't know if I would want to do them any earlier. (we were going to take hearts, turn them upside down and decorate them as bras, I did that with Katie once)

CARRIE! Did you see the news today? Anglie Jolie did what we have been talking about. I found it interesting, listening to the facts being reported. (the genetic stuff)
lizzyea Offline
#2295 Posted : Tuesday, May 14, 2013 6:56:20 PM(UTC)
lizzyea

Hi friends! Sorry I've been MIA...busy with the house and school...as usual. The State testing began today so now we are 25% done with it. Then, I taught one math lesson and then we began a new science unit. Done for the day. Tomorrow, I'll repeat except we won't do science. I'm not sure what we will do for the 30 minutes after lunch. I guess we will check the science homework and then on Thursday, we will start doing the hands-on activities.

Tomorrow, the granite counter gets installed, then next week, the new flooring. After that, I think we will definitely be moving toward the finish line. In between, we can begin to wrap up the packing and begin to finish up things. I'm so eager to get this ordeal over with!

Work and retirement is beginning to get sad. Today, I was recognized at the staff meeting for being compassionate and caring toward my students. I got teary. On the 29th is the party at my work. On the 23rd is the school district's party to recognize the teachers who will be retiring.

Pat, I trust your mother will get some relief from her pain from the steroid shot. Please keep us posted.

Carrie, congrats on the success of the fundraiser!

Rhonda, I hope we hear from you! Many good thoughts heading your way.

Nancy, I'm so glad you bought new clothes....and got them all put away.

Laurie, I'm sorry you are bored. How about some good reading?

Paula, as usual, you are busy....and it's just about time for the cottage trips, too!

I've got to run and get ready for the granite people as well as do some work for tomorrow!

Everyone take care.
Flee57 Offline
#2296 Posted : Tuesday, May 14, 2013 7:43:06 PM(UTC)
Flee57

Good evening everyone!

Lizzy is the countertop and flooring the last big things you have to do? We have our first showing on Thursday! Carpets are being done tomorrow...just in time! I know you will have a hard time with recognitions and parties with your retirement. Your heart has been in this since you became a teacher so although you are ready, it's going to be tough!

Pat, hope your Mom is more comfortable.

I'm tired...don't remember what all I just read.

Nancy, Rhonda and Paula, I hope you all are having a great week so far.

I'm leaing for MI either tomorrow after SS finishes with the carpet or Thurs morning. I will be there til Mon or Tues. I really need a break from all of this!

Later!
rm920 Offline
#2297 Posted : Tuesday, May 14, 2013 8:30:53 PM(UTC)
rm920

Hello all...

Pat, sure hope your mother is getting some relief from the pain. Glad you had a great mother's day even if you didn't get the flower beds done!

Laurie, will keep my fingers crossed that good things come from the showing later this week. Enjoy your travels.

Lizzy, I do understand your feelings about retirement. You have been such a caring teacher for so long, I know you will miss your students and they will miss you. Glad the saga of the house re-do is nearing completion. Won't it be so nice to have it all done??

Nancy, hooray for new clothes! Great excuse to clear out the dresser drawers.

Carrie, did you get your plants planted? How fun - having a new vegetable garden. You are always so busy!

Paula, great idea to let the guys give some ideas of what to write on the pages of their fishing trip. Makes them a part of the creation as well!

Things have been a bit overwhelming here. I have had to work late almost every evening. I was promoted to Office Manager with HR responsibilities. This was part of what I was hired to do but they have been phasing in my duties. The announcement was met with some problems from some of the staff. But things are beginning to settle back down. Tonight I went to Amber's spring music concert. She was selected as one of two from her school to attend the Shrine Bowl camp and to perform at the annual Shrine bowl football game later this summer. This is the second year she has been selected for this camp. She had such a great time last year.

I spent most of the day outside on Sunday - cleaning weeds out of flower beds - again. Then mowing the entire yard. I am loving the rains we have been getting but it sure makes the grass grow. I have been enjoying my hummingbirds and orioles. Hope to get the rest of the flowers planted in pots. Need to pick up more potting soil!
I_M_BLEST Offline
#2298 Posted : Tuesday, May 14, 2013 8:53:15 PM(UTC)
I_M_BLEST

Hey Rhonda! It's good to hear from you. :)
Sorry there were some problems with the staff over your responsibilities. I am glad that settled down. People just do not like change! How are you feeling about it?
Congrats to Amber!! You must be proud and I bet she is excited!
It sounds like you have been working hard on your yard too.

I went to a friend's tonight that is having a yard sale. I got some CTMH stamps, pads, paper and best of all...50 refill pages. woohoo!
She is selling her Kitchenaid mixer for $40. I really wanted to buy it but my Oster is still working. Ugh!! (plus it is black which wouldn't be my first choice...) I am still thinking about it though.
rm920 Offline
#2299 Posted : Wednesday, May 15, 2013 4:49:14 AM(UTC)
rm920

Wow you hit a good sale Paula. I have been looking to get a Kitchen Aid but just can't bring myself to put out the dollars for a new one! And you got some good scrapping supplies. I haven't seen any scrap supplies at the sales here so far.

As for how I feel about the job. I am all over the board about it. I enjoy most of the job but some of the people here are back stabbers. And there is so much family involved that you have to really watch every step. I love the work in my job just not the dealing with some of the people. I need to learn to leave my "work" at work! I tend to worry and think about it a lot when I am home.

And yes, I am very proud of Amber. And I am shocked each time I see her now - she is really beginning to look so much like her mother! She is really maturing and becoming a very caring young adult. She tries to hard to please everyone that I sometimes wonder if she is taking herself into consideration.

Hope everyone has a good day.
Nancycs Offline
#2300 Posted : Wednesday, May 15, 2013 5:39:37 AM(UTC)
Nancycs

Good morning!

Pat I hope the steroid shot gives your mom some relief. Is this the first one? It seems they have been talking about it for a while.

Paula I so would have snagged that mixer. I really want one, but just can't justify the high price for how much I would use it. Sounds like a lot of other goodies too! I got some good deals at a daycare closing sale on Friday as well.

Rhonda sorry about the extra time at work as well as the staff issues. I am glad it is getting better. WIll you always be working late like this or is it just while you get the hang of things? THat is great news about Amber. I hope she enjoys it as much as last time. I see you just posted. Those family businesses. Rick works for a family business as well.

Laurie good luck with the showing! Enjoy your time in MI.

Lizzy how nice for you to be recognized at your staff meeting. It won't be long at all before you are done.

Carrie I hope you got the Facebook issues taken care of. How is your garden coming along?

Not much new here. We have been getting outside as much as we can. Yesterday was 90* Today will be more seasonable at about 73*

We were glad that we didn't have any the ice that came onto shore on our property up north. I don't know if any of you heard about the ice that came off the lake onto the lakeshore properties on Mille Lacs lake here in MN. It did make the national news. It was just amazing to watch the videos. Most of it was on the south shore and we are on the North shore, but some did come up onto our side about 1/2 mile north of our property. It didn't do any damage to homes there as it just came up and over the road. It didn't reach the homes. I think it ruined one boat shed but nothing else. Although some may have had their docks on that side of the road so there may be some damaged docks as well. My FIL was worried he would have to move the new dock we bought since it was so close to the lake shore. Luckily he didn't have to.

QtnSasyCarrie Offline
#2301 Posted : Wednesday, May 15, 2013 4:08:25 PM(UTC)
QtnSasyCarrie

Good evening. I spent most of the day outside planting flowers and directing Jon on where to put mulch. It was gorgeous and very warm.

Paula I did see the news on Angelina. I was rather surprised by the whole thing and now I hear that she is taking her ovaries as well. Talk about being proactive. I called my doctor about it and he put me in touch with another doctor out of Dallas. This guy is one of the biggest researchers and he really stresses keeping an alkaline body. Not to eat acidic foods. Interesting and very true.

Rhonda congratulations on your promotion of sorts. It's hard when there is family involved. I hope they aren't too bad. And congratulations to Amber too. It must be fun to watch her grow up.

Lizzy the retirement spiral has started. You will still be busy when it all ends so I doubt you'll miss it right away.
How do you like the granite?
Pat have you decided when you are leaving for Cali yet?

Nancy I saw the ice on the news last night. That is downright freaky. I sure am glad you didn't experience any of it up close and personal.

Well the social media lessons continue but I am gaining some. I have had webinars daily lately. I'll be glad to have a day "off" tomorrow. I have to get to the mall tomorrow for a bridal shower gift. The shower is Friday night. Not much else happening. LOL this in no way reflects how busy I am.
lizzyea Offline
#2302 Posted : Wednesday, May 15, 2013 5:58:06 PM(UTC)
lizzyea

Hi friends! The saga with the house continues. Today, the granite is being installed. I got a text message from Terry mid-morning.....as they were tearing out the old counters, they BROKE out flat-top range! YUP! You got it. The glass-top cracked. What happened is this: they were not to unhook the electric part so Terry did that. The guy claimed he could not remove it either, however, that is not how I interpret the contract so that will be discussed in the near future. So, Terry began to remove it. The guy begins to help him and cracks off the corner of the cooktop which is made of glass. Oops...that ruins it right there. Then, when they had it out completely, it cracked. He and I are both incredibly angry. Now, tonight, we have to go buy another one - I hope we can find one - and they will complete the installation tomorrow. Honestly, I don't care if I don't find one tonight because they can come back when I DO find one and finish it up. For sure, they are going to get an earful from me about who was supposed to remove the cooktop.

Of course, Terminix is not returning my phone calls...the contractor was here on Monday and did his estimate of repairs but we have not heard from Terminix. Their work is holding up the exterior painting. Grrrrr!

Next week, the flooring is to be installed and that will just about wrap up all the interior work. Of course, Frank will finish up the interior painting by then and we will wrap up our packing and moving. But, that should all be finished by Memorial Day weekend. So all that will remain is the exterior work and some windows we ordered.

Honestly, I just want this over with....please....I beg of the world...let all this daily torment end, please!

I almost wish I weren't going to Houston this next week because writing lesson plans for three days is going to be a huge endeavor and I've not even started it. I have to get it going or I will regret it in a HUGE way. I don't even have a clear idea of what I want the kids to do. Luckily, today, I found a good idea and I may have the sub do that project with them. I can even have her start another one as well. It always works well to have more work for them to do than not enough, too!

Oh well....complain, complain, complain....sorry for that.

Rhonda, the news about Amber is fabulous! I am sure that seeing her grow and mature and look more like her mother is a bit shocking at times. It can be really wonderful yet very bothersome, I'm sure. It's good you are aware of (perhaps) her tendency to put herself last and can watch that and maybe take some time to talk to her about it if you feel it's a problem or potential problem, too. She is so fortunate to have you watching out for her!

Nancy, I did see those photos in the news about the ice. I'm so glad it didn't damage your dock or property! It was bizarre!

Carrie, so glad you enjoyed the outdoors and had Jon to help you with the yard! Lucky he would do the work for you.

Laurie, I know you've already left....drive carefully and enjoy your time away.

Pat, I hope you are getting good weather and can do some outdoor work as well as indoor chores.

Paula, are you going to the cottage for Memorial Day Weekend? Your yard sale finds were fabulous!!

OK...I'm going to go here. The men continue with the granite installation....I don't know if we are going to get to purchase any cooktop tonight at the rate we are going...but perhaps I should look on line! Everyone take care....
Nancycs Offline
#2303 Posted : Thursday, May 16, 2013 5:34:36 AM(UTC)
Nancycs

Good morning!

Lizzy so sorry about the house issues. Hopefully it will be over with soon. If only Terminix would call back you might have a better idea of when it will all be done. That is really poor business practice on their part. Were you able to find the cooktop last night?

Carrie enjoy your day off today. You need that break to refresh!

Laurie I hope the showing goes well today.

Rhonda, Paula and Pat I hope you had productive days yesterday!

Not a lot new here. We will have another nice day here. We have rain chances tonight and tomorrow so we will get out as much as possible today.

QtnSasyCarrie Offline
#2304 Posted : Thursday, May 16, 2013 11:14:18 AM(UTC)
QtnSasyCarrie

Lizzy to deal with Terminex. Call them back and very nicely explain what is going to happen if they don't cooperate and cooperate right away. Tell them that you have already posted about their bad customer service or whatever on this site. Next is Facebook and since your Facebook account is linked to your Twitter account and you have 2342 followers most of which are from southern California by the end of the day most of Southern CA will know about them. And if that's not enough you can tell them you will post it on your blog and in Google + and then after that all the pictures of the damage will be shared on Pinterest. You could also call corporate and tell them what you are going to do. You are more liable to get action from corporate.

This is powerful stuff. They will cooperate because this can and will ruin them. If they want to play hardball, you can too. And now you have a social media person to help you. LOL Bad news goes viral very fast.
rm920 Offline
#2305 Posted : Thursday, May 16, 2013 9:43:43 PM(UTC)
rm920

Lizzy, sorry you are still having to deal with Terminex! I sure hope you can get it resolved quickly. Maybe doing what Carrie mentioned might get them to move quickly. Did you make it out to search for a new counter top stove? I think the counter people should have to pay for that! Too bad that these mishaps had to happen when you are nearing the end of the house spruce up! Hang in there! It will be over and finished soon!

Nancy, glad you are having the nice weather that we have been having.

I had to work late tonight - again! But I did come home and get a graduation card made for my niece. I will be going to her graduation on Saturday.

Here are a couple pics of the card. I found this idea on pinterest and it was pretty simple to make.
rm920 attached the following image(s):
100_0566.JPG
100_0569.JPG
imnchghere Offline
#2306 Posted : Friday, May 17, 2013 5:59:45 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

good morning and happy Friday.

This has been a busy week for me. Emotional day on Wednesday as I spread acts of kindness in the community in memory of a friend's child who would have been 7.
I will probably be heading to CA in the next couple weeks. Trying to work it out to not inconvenience my sister. Having to be very careful how I word things when talking to my Mom. I do not like walking on egg shells.

Carrie, I am envious of you getting your plants in the ground. I am going to try to go buy some today and then HOPEFULLY we can get them planted tomorrow before the rain showers in the afternoon. What else are you up to these days?

Lizzy, Carrie is spot on with her suggestions re handling Terminex. This has gone on too long and for NOT a good reason. And I agree with Rhonda, that the counter people should be responsible for the cook top. I can't remember, but I think testing is over today? I will have to go bck and re read your post. Easy for me to get confused.

Nancy, so glad you are having good weather for the kids to be outside. I, too saw about the ice coming ashore. Kind of scary. Good you had no damage to your dock.

Rhonda, I really like the card you posted. Perfect fold for a grad card. I don't have any family members graduating this year or even next. A friend's daughter is graduating this year, but I wouldn't have gotten her anything. Maybe I will make her a card anyway, just to try the design.

Paula, what are you up to this weekend? You are always so busy.

Laurie, hope you are having a nice time in MI. Did you get everything done on that monster list? I can't imagine selling the house could drag out for a long time, but then I don't know the market in your area. We have been going to open houses in our area, just to see what is being offered and how ours compares to what is on the market. We are in pretty good shape, but a lot of people have done add-ons and remodels inside.

Well, I am going to head over to the garden center and see what kind of plants I can find. If I have a plan, Jim will implement it.
Have a good everyone.
Nancycs Offline
#2307 Posted : Friday, May 17, 2013 6:49:36 AM(UTC)
Nancycs

Good morning!

Rhonda I love the card. I checked it out on pinterest. I will have at least one card to make and that one would work. I haven't received the invite yet though. I imagine soon. I know I will get it since it is my niece. They always go about 3 - 4 days longer than our town so I guess it is still about 3 weeks away. Sorry you are having to work late. I imagine it cuts into your crafting and yard work time.

Carrie that is good advice for Lizzy. They are a big company and I imagine it would not be beneficial to them to have that kind of bad exposure.

Pat sorry you have to be careful what you say. I went through that with Riley when he was graduating. It was very difficult and took a toll on me emotionally. Enjoy picking out your plants. I will need to get my tomatoes and basil soon.

It sure has been quiet here. I hope all is going well for everyone!

It is raining here and will be all day. It actually sounds like it may stick around the next few days. We do need the rain. I have areas in my back yard that are dry and the grass is just not getting green.

I am not sure what is in store for the weekend. I need to get a few groceries and I want to try and coordinate that with our church service Saturday evening so I can stay home on Sunday.

Well I started this 2 hours ago. I guess I better post this.

Have a great day everyone!

I_M_BLEST Offline
#2308 Posted : Friday, May 17, 2013 8:33:07 AM(UTC)
I_M_BLEST

Hello ladies.

DH is off work today and out in the yard working. I have L going and am trying to accomplish something inside.

Rhonda, I really like the card. Guess I need to get over to pintrest.
Hope wrapping up this week at work went well. Hopefully next week people will have adjusted to some change and be ready to move forward.

Pat, what a lovely way to honor the memory of your friend's child. Doing random acts of kindness is good for your soul too. :) It just makes everyone feel good. Love it!
Hope your able to get a plan and pick up some plants.

Laurie, thinking of you while you take some "down" time. Enjoy!! Sure wish you were closer when you travel to MI.

Lizzy, hope you're hanging in there. Every day is a step closer to being done.
Yes, we are going to the cottage next week. I TC the girls for the Memorial Day parade in town at noon Friday and then we will head out. DH and DS have the following week off. They have signed up for three days of sailing classes. DH is super pumped about it. That means I will have three days to myself. (they are just gone during the day) I will visit my friend and maybe have a lunch date with a few from high school. I will also bring some books to read. Even though I have a stack a mile high, I bought four more at sales....Blushing
It sounds like it is a lot of work to prepare being away for your Houston trip but I bet it will be good to be away from the house prep for awhile.

Nancy, I guess if you need the rain it is a good thing, just makes it hard not being able to go out with the kids.
I am with you, I really like the Saturday night service so Sunday can be a slow start morning. It is really casual too.

Well, I think my wash is ready to move over, guess I should get busy. BigGrin
imnchghere Offline
#2309 Posted : Saturday, May 18, 2013 5:36:21 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

Good Saturday morning everyone.. It is a dreary overcast one here and it will be slightly cooler than it has been. Not sure how much we will get done in the yard, but we will do what we can.
Yesterday, we picked up a few plants for the veggie garden and annuals for the front island. Not many, since we will not have a lot of planting opportunities over the next few days if the forecast doesn't change.

Nancy, glad you are getting much needed rain, but I know you like to be able to get the kids outside to play. Too bad the rain doesn't come at our convenience. Laugh
Paula, I have been loading free books onto my tablet for reading. They take up NO space, so to speak. I have about 3 dozen, but that includes a couple brain puzzle books (thanking Carrie for that idea), and a few cookbooks.
Rhonda, besides the graduation this today, what else do you have planned? Were you able to get your plants planted?
How about everyone else?
I need to get off the computer for now and see what the radar looks like. That will determine what I do next. If it is going to rain, I would like to go to Costco and look at some luggage they have in the cpn book. I also want to p/u some salmon. If it not going to rain, I need to get outside and finish what I started yesterday.
lizzyea Offline
#2310 Posted : Saturday, May 18, 2013 9:30:15 PM(UTC)
lizzyea

Good Saturday evening, friends! Today has been a busy day. We are desperately trying to get as much done in the house as possible before leaving early on Monday AM. While gone, the flooring people will be here doing the floors. Frank will also continue his painting.

In the meantime, Terry spoke with the granite installer company and they agreed to pay for a new cooktop and will get one for us (wholesale) and pay for our person to install it. They will cut the hole. What a freaking nightmare that was, though. Everytime I see the cooktop laying there, I am ill about it.

Today, I worked upstairs, but got nowhere, so came downstairs. I packed a large box of dishes, then put everything back into the kitchen. In a bit, I will return to packing dishes. I would be thrilled to get all the dishes packed tonight that are on the dining room table. Then, perhaps, with that done, I can really tackle the upstairs.

I am so looking forward to staying in a hotel in Houston...away from the mess of this house...I swear it will be fabulous! I can hardly wait!

School is going pretty well. My students are a bit squirmy and talkative, but it is understandable. When I return, I will rearrange the room, making it a bit more conducive for projects and allow them more freedom to talk while they work. We will be working on lots of projects for open house now that testing is over. All of the projects will be standards based, but they will be more fun and creative - at least I hope.

So far, we are working on one related to rocks and minerals (science), will do one related to number sense (math), and some writing related to a court case here in California which upheld the right for Mexican-American children to attend the same schools at white children (surprisingly before the famous Brown vs. Board of Education case). We have lots of Language Arts work ready to display already, so that will not be a problem. We have our writing books and lots of other pieces of work. At home they are working on a mission project which is due in early June. I need to see what else we can do in the time frame. There is a book I like to read with them, too, but I forgot to borrow copies of the book from a grade-level colleague and I don't know if I will see her again to borrow them. Anyway, you can see, I am busy doing lots of preparation for the last weeks of school.

Other than work and preparing the house, there is very little going on. Oh yeah, the same day Terry and the granite people worked out the problems, Terminix called and said the contractor would be contacting us. I don't know when....but at least that is in the works. Clearly, they refuse to call me on my cell phone despite my numerous requests...passive aggressive...and I'm sure they realize they have lost our business after this go-round, but frankly, I don't really care. Pretty much everything is covered by their warranty and once we sell the house, it's not my problem anymore. We are covered by the policy until September, so we don't have to renew to keep any coverage.

Thanks for your tip, Carrie...I was just about ready to do it...and I will keep your advice handy just in case I need it. This office is a sorry excuse for what used to be a good company and I am surprised they have allowed it to become so terrible. I do plan to contact corporate once we have finished the work.

I'm going to sign off and get back into the dining room to pack more dishes. Everyone take care. Sorry this is all about me...everyone take care.