Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

50 Pages«<4243444546>»
NJsharon Offline
#1291 Posted : Wednesday, May 08, 2013 3:28:49 PM(UTC)
NJsharon

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 409 time(s) in 248 post(s)
Had some torrential rain this morning. Got soaked going to the store, or rather coming out of the store! it wasn't raining when I went in & came out & it was bucketing down!!! Got soaked going back to my car. LOL

Got my new 'other machine' yesterday too!!!! Haven't played with it yet. But I did sign up for a subscription on their website, as you can download images for free when you pay a set amount per month. So did $12 a month & get I think $50 of downloadable images each month. If I go over it is 99c an image, plus 20% off that (as I am a 'premium' member). Sounds good to me.

Going to take my machine with me scrapbooking this weekend to play with it & hopefully get to know it!

Oh & found out today that the Kindergarten teacher I work with at my new school is into scrapbooking! Will have to chat more to her about it, if we get the chance!
PedalPower! Offline
#1292 Posted : Wednesday, May 08, 2013 3:36:49 PM(UTC)
PedalPower!

Was thanked: 62 time(s) in 26 post(s)
Hey everyone! We had a gorgeous day here today. I had lunch with my Czech friend today and we were able to be seated out on the patio overlooking the banks of the river. It was just too lovely of a day to stay inside. I did manage to finish up a scrapbook page this afternoon. Of our Europe trip 2011...I'm so behind. LOL

Hope everyone is well...off to mow the yard. Again. And again. And again...you get the idea. UGH.
Shelly Offline
#1293 Posted : Thursday, May 09, 2013 8:53:08 AM(UTC)
Shelly

United States

Was thanked: 311 time(s) in 273 post(s)
Morning everyone.

NANCY - Wow, you sound busy with all your party food. Sounds yummy though! Crossing my fingers for you that it doesn't rain during your party!

JOY - Ouch! Did you find out what happened to it? Hope its getting better!

SHARON - I'm with you, 3 nights is not long enough for a cruise BUT its better than no cruise!! Have fun. Ooo and have fun playing with your new machine!

PEDAL - That is the drawback to nice weather, mowing, YUCK!

joyfullycrafting Offline
#1294 Posted : Thursday, May 09, 2013 3:04:07 PM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Was thanked: 1516 time(s) in 1208 post(s)
Hi my Cricut friends!

We are having amazing weather right now! Some would call it hot but I think it is just right. I think I was born to live in the Caribbean, but ended up in Oregon instead. Flapper

Went to the doc today for a six week check-up from surgery. The nurse and doc were more concerned about my foot than anything. The doc decided I needed to take antibiotics for it so I didn't develop something, I can't remember what. It was a bee or wasp sting. The stinger was in my foot, and DH picked it out.

I got fabric for a new dress today. However, I need to make bridesmaids dresses first. And, hopefully, a wedding dress for me.

Nancy, hope you are cooking away! Your menu's always sound so yummy.

Sharon, are you dry yet?
lv2scrap02 Offline
#1295 Posted : Thursday, May 09, 2013 4:27:14 PM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Was thanked: 1297 time(s) in 1008 post(s)
Originally Posted by: NJsharon Go to Quoted Post
Had some torrential rain this morning. Got soaked going to the store, or rather coming out of the store! it wasn't raining when I went in & came out & it was bucketing down!!! Got soaked going back to my car. LOL

Got my new 'other machine' yesterday too!!!! Haven't played with it yet. But I did sign up for a subscription on their website, as you can download images for free when you pay a set amount per month. So did $12 a month & get I think $50 of downloadable images each month. If I go over it is 99c an image, plus 20% off that (as I am a 'premium' member). Sounds good to me.

Going to take my machine with me scrapbooking this weekend to play with it & hopefully get to know it!

Oh & found out today that the Kindergarten teacher I work with at my new school is into scrapbooking! Will have to chat more to her about it, if we get the chance!

Sharon.. we had such a down pour today that my yard was under water couldn't even see the grass!!

lv2scrap02 Offline
#1296 Posted : Thursday, May 09, 2013 4:30:26 PM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Joy... Glad you went for your checkup for the surgery and the Doc gave you meds... that is all you need is to get an infection... making more dresses what color are the brides maid dresses??

Shelly.. Whenever we got back from a Cruise all we wanted to do is eat LOL

Sonya.. glad you are enjoying your nice weather.. already mowing..

Well Abigail just left DD had to do some last minute errands and the baby was so so good.

Have a nice night/day everyone
joyfullycrafting Offline
#1297 Posted : Thursday, May 09, 2013 5:18:06 PM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

The dresses are a robin's egg blue / light tourquoise. Four different patterns, and four different fabrics, but all of the same color.
NJsharon Offline
#1298 Posted : Thursday, May 09, 2013 5:26:09 PM(UTC)
NJsharon

Yes I am dry now. LOL I had to get changed though after I got home, I was sopping wet. LOL
Thankfully the rain stopped a bit when I had to go from my car to the school, so didn't get wet again later!

Leave tomorrow afternoon to go scrapbooking for the weekend at a retreat center. Girls are taking turns sleeping over there with me. So Elise will come tomorrow, then Emily will arrive around 2pm on saturday & stay over sat night. So excited, it should be a fun time!

SandraB. Offline
#1299 Posted : Thursday, May 09, 2013 7:31:22 PM(UTC)
SandraB.

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
Canada

Was thanked: 293 time(s) in 252 post(s)
Hi everyone;
I guess I haven't checked in for a few days...where does the time go? I'm starting to work on Mom's Mother's Day card, it's pretty simple...5 paper rosettes and a banner on the front. I think the rosettes will take longer to make than the whole cardLOL

Sharon: glad you got your new machine, have fun with it at your crop. Did you sell all your Cricut Carts?

Joy: your cruise sounds great...that's something I would love to do, but can't convince dh to do it. Hope your foot is getting better, glad you got it checked out. Good luck with your dresses.

Nancy: all your food sounds yummy, sure hope you have a nice day on Sat.

Shelly: what a sweet thing for your ds to say

Sonja: hope you got your lawn all mowed. DH roto-raked ours last w/end, haven't had to cut it yet.

It's been quite nice the past few days, but has gotten quite windy this evening. Did manage to get a walk in after supper though. Sure could use a rain shower, things are getting pretty dry. Who would have thought that would happen after all the snow we had this winter. Tomorrow is a PD day and I only have to go in the a.m., have the afternoon off due to a course I took one eveningBigGrin!

Better run and get busy cutting the rosettes.
Take care everyone
JeanneLee Offline
#1300 Posted : Friday, May 10, 2013 6:41:16 AM(UTC)
JeanneLee

Was thanked: 213 time(s) in 198 post(s)
Morning everyone!

Had a busy day yesterday...we had another funeral luncheon and I help with the set-up and clean-up. The family is always so appreciative, but at the end of the day my feet are sore!
After a good nights rest all is good...I need to get to my Mother's Day cards. Made a design on my G, now to get it cut out.

My Marine DS remembered his mom and sent me a card I got yesterday. He wrote the sweetest note and inside he had tucked a necklace that looks like a dog tag that says Marine Mom and on the back is the verse Joshua 1:9. I cried...he is so busy with Satellite school I thought I would just get a phone call. Love our kids!

Have a great weekend everyone!
joyfullycrafting Offline
#1301 Posted : Friday, May 10, 2013 8:31:03 AM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Good Morning.

Another lovely day! And this after I kept telling you that we don't have nice springs. I am having to eat my words.

JeanneLee, now I will go look Joshua 1:9!

I still have to make a Mother's Day card, but Creative Cards came in the mail yesterday, so I think I will try it out. And Outdoor Man for my dad's birthday next week. He will be 87. My mom will be 89 in July.

Megan bought a new vacuum last night. She is so excited! She got a Dyson from Costco. I am a little envious. I think that will be my next one. Meg has a central vac system, but no beater bar, and it does not have all that great of suction. Fine for the old lady who lived in the house before with no dogs, but not so great for an active couple who has two dogs that wander in and out.

1 user thanked joyfullycrafting for this useful post.
JeanneLee on 5/13/2013(UTC)
joyfullycrafting Offline
#1302 Posted : Friday, May 10, 2013 4:35:01 PM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

LOVIN' Creative Cards!!!!! My cards tend to always look the same, and now they won't! I would post a pic, but I lost the SD card from my phone and DH just ordered another for me today. Can't take pics with no SD card.

Since Megan got a new vacuum, DH decided we needed one. He found an animal Dyson at Kohls for the same price as Megan paid for hers at Costco, but hers is not an animal one. The animal one at Costco was about $100 more! We got a good deal. Plus $70 Kohls cash.

I vacuumed with mine, then brought Megan's over. I couldn't believe how much more yuck hers picked up!!!

We are making wedding invites tonight with Brandon's mom. No cricut on these. They are going to be much easier than Kate's.
joyfullycrafting Offline
#1303 Posted : Saturday, May 11, 2013 2:13:06 PM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

It's me again! BigGrin

Went to J's today. I was looking for fabric to make a dress for me for Meg's wedding, and I wanted to have her help pick it out. Got a nice silky print.

We also were going to get a hole punch to finish her invitations. Mine is old and it sticks. Guess what we forgot to get!!!! Silly us. We got side-tracked with fabric for me (the wedding dress, and fabric for another dress) and Meg was getting papers and stickers to give to her BFF that just had a baby as a gift.

Came home, and finally my flower beds are ready to plant. I started Monday but got that sting, and haven't been back out. Now all I need is flowers. LOL

Really enjoying our weather. SO unusual for this time of year.
lv2scrap02 Offline
#1304 Posted : Saturday, May 11, 2013 5:39:56 PM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Hi Girls,

Joy glad you are feeling better..

Well the skies opened up and it rained all night and all morning. Patty bought a tent just incase it rained..

I told her we were going to have at least 4 hours of clear skies because all I did last night was pray. I talked to my mom and dad and said if you have any way you can help us today just for 4 hours and I prayed to God..

Well Abigail came over at 11 30 am and was exhausted so I put her to sleep. Patty decorated outside ( no rain) with Banners and Balloons. Well from 12:30 pm until almost 5 pm we had clear skies no rain and the sun peeked out for atleast 2 hours.

I thanked mom and dad above and God. By 5 pm party over the skies opened up and it poured cats and dogs. The whole back yard was under water.

We had a wonderful time Abigail had a nice 2 hour nap all dressed up in lilac glittered dress. She looked so pretty.

The food was a hit...

Well I am exhausted have a good night all
jkrflutenpicc7d12cddd Offline
#1305 Posted : Saturday, May 11, 2013 5:43:27 PM(UTC)
jkrflutenpicc7d12cddd

United States

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 14 post(s)
I'm glad the rain held off for you! Sleep well :)
NJsharon Offline
#1306 Posted : Saturday, May 11, 2013 5:46:44 PM(UTC)
NJsharon

Playing with my new 'other machine'! I am really liking it so far. There is definitely a bit of a learning curve with it, but just like there is with the cricut. So I think once I know the basic things I will be set! I have already cut up a scalloped frame & just now a cute birthday card.

Right now I am just trying to figure out how to download fonts & get them to show up in the machine's software! I got one to show up, but not another one. So still learning! I have a cute Disney font (like the Walt Disney writing)!

NJsharon Offline
#1307 Posted : Saturday, May 11, 2013 5:49:10 PM(UTC)
NJsharon

We have also had torrential downpours here, off & on all day in NJ. Glad they had a covered area & things worked out!
SandraB. Offline
#1308 Posted : Saturday, May 11, 2013 8:27:35 PM(UTC)
SandraB.

Canada

Hi everyone;
Took mom shopping today to get her a plant for Mother's Day as well as some groceries. While we were trying to find a parking spot at Canadian Tire a guy was trying to park his truck in a spot so I was stopped waiting for him, then he decided he couldn't fit and backed up right into my vanCursing Cursing! Luckily he didn't do much damage...a few nicks in the front bumper. Took all his info though, didn't know what dh would do or sayMad! The fellow had the nerve to get out and yell at me...asking if I couldn't see he was backing out even though I was laying on the horn! DH is going to take it and see if he could just use some of the touch-up paint they gave us to fix it otherwise the guy is going to have to pay for the repairs. Happy Mother's Day to meBlushing! Other than that it has been a beautiful day here weatherwise. After supper went up to our Wal-Mart and got some plants for myself, they were cheap and nice looking.

Nancy: glad the rain cleared for the party and everything went well. We could sure use some rain here. On Thursday evening a fire broke out in an apt., near Troy and the whole building burnt down because of the wind blowing. About 30 families lost everything, possibly even some students from our school.

Sharon: glad you are having fun with your new machine

Joy: glad you found some fabric for your dresses

jkrflutenpic: welcome, nice to see some new faces

Hope everyone else is doing well. Off to my sister's tomorrow for dinner. Better run, have to move the sprinkler. Happy Mother's Day everyone
PedalPower! Offline
#1309 Posted : Sunday, May 12, 2013 5:37:31 AM(UTC)
PedalPower!

Was thanked: 62 time(s) in 26 post(s)
Hi everyone....

I hope everyone has a wonderful Mother's Day!

It's sunny, but cool here today. We were at a bike race yesterday. My son placed 5th--he rode really well. Good experience for him. He'll likely not place much better than this, as he is the youngest in his category--so definitely a year of just gaining experience and a comfort level of being out on the race circuit. He's doing great, though!

I think we're going to Lowe's today. We need to replace two holly bushes that didn't make it through the winter. I'd like some knockout roses, but I'm not sure how well they will do in that space?? I'll have to look around. And...I'm getting electric hedge trimmers today! (I know...some mother's day gift, but I'm terribly excited about it!) We have almost 40 bushes that I trim several times a year this makes my job so much easier. I'm thrilled my husband thought of this for me. BigGrin

Only a week and a half left of school and we're down to less than a month before the race that I volunteer for...time is flying by!

Hope everyone is well!
lv2scrap02 Offline
#1310 Posted : Sunday, May 12, 2013 12:05:10 PM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY

Edited by user Sunday, May 12, 2013 4:40:28 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked lv2scrap02 for this useful post.
JeanneLee on 5/13/2013(UTC)
joyfullycrafting Offline
#1311 Posted : Sunday, May 12, 2013 6:06:57 PM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

40 shrubs Sonya???!!!??? WOW!

We went to Costco for Mother's Day. Flapper DH got his early birthday gift - a pressure washer. He is outside playing with it.

Megan and Brandon have one room in their basement ready to paint. The plan is to have carpet laid Saturday, so they will have to get with it on painting.

Happy Mother's Day to you all!!
JeanneLee Offline
#1312 Posted : Monday, May 13, 2013 6:31:11 AM(UTC)
JeanneLee

Was thanked: 213 time(s) in 198 post(s)
Happy belated Mother's Day!

DD and her hubby had their moms and families over for a cookout! Was a perfect day for it.
They out did themselves...LOTS of grilling done by our Master chef Son-in-law and DD made three fab desserts(The Dads favorites and one for her hubby!)Oldest DS's GF brought a chocolate torte-MY favorite dessert...anything chocolate, of course!
Saw all our kids but our Marine! BUT he sent a lovely card, note and necklace on Thursday!
He got it to me before Mother's Day! What a sweet boy...his note made me cry happy tears.
Plus he called me last night! That made the day.
Our youngest wanted to make breakfast for me before church, but I asked if he would do it today.
(we are always so rushed)..so he is! He is getting to be such a good cook. Its nice to home school and have Home Ec!

Nancy, happy to read the rain held off and you had a great party..pictures?

Sandra, sorry to hear about the accident in the parking lot...why do people fill like they have to yell?

Sonya! Forty bushes! wow! Hope you had fun with your new tool!
Congrats to you son on finishing!

Sharon
, happy you are getting use to your new machine.

Hi Joy! LOL, my hubby needs one of those too...hmmm maybe Father's day!

Speaking of machines...had to update my AE2 this morning...tried to make a card with the G and the AE2 machine said it needed to be updated. My old PC downstairs Cricut Sync needs to be updated and for whatever reason it won't update...I had it on overnight and it never updated. Glare So I brought the AE2 upstairs and updated it on this PC. What a pain.

Need to get some birthday cards made...have a great day everyone!
AlyaMama Offline
#1313 Posted : Monday, May 13, 2013 7:06:44 AM(UTC)
AlyaMama

Was thanked: 238 time(s) in 200 post(s)
Hello everyone, Happy Mother's Day. It was pretty low-key here, Jordan celebrates Mother's Day in March, not that we celebrated in March or yesterday for that matter. Oh well, I know I'm loved right?

YEsterday I asked Jamal if I could possibly go to the States this summer to see my mom and Dad and they have a trip planned to see my grandma in Iowa. At first Jamal said no in kind of a "how dare you ask" tone and thought he'd have to take a whole month off of vacation so i could go. I said no, the kids are old enough to stay home on thier own and he works literally 5 minutes away if anything happened. Anyway, he said I have to choose between going to the States or going to Austraila with him in Sept. I can't do both. So I chose the States. I'm a bit sad to not go to Australia, but I think it's more important to see my Grandma, she's getting up there in age and I want to see her (and my mom and dad of course) I need a break. Jamal travels so much, and I'm stuck here with the kids and it's hard. So I'm pretty excited, I'll get more excited when he books the tickets and I have a date. I was trying to think of a cleaver way to tell my parents I'm coming. It'll just be me and Layla. I feel really guilty about the rest of them not coming, but oh well.

I was thinking of making a sign that says "will give hugs and kisses for a ride from the airport on (the date) hanging it around Layla's neck, taking a picture and emailing them. I thought that would be cute.

Not much else going on here, now I'm working on a baby shower for my good friend. We're doing Owls, paisley, brown and blue. Should be cute.

Here are some pictures of what I've been doing.

Edited by user Monday, May 13, 2013 7:19:29 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

File Attachment(s):
Laila's 7th Birthday 013.jpg (1,922kb) downloaded 22 time(s).
NJsharon Offline
#1314 Posted : Monday, May 13, 2013 8:32:04 AM(UTC)
NJsharon

I am so happy, I got some free vinyl from a local sign store today! Had heard sign stores sometimes have vinyl off-cuts so tried 4 stores. 2 said "no" & that they use all their scraps, one said to come back tomorrow at 9am as she had just literally thrown out the scraps. Then the 4th one gave me some red vinyl (about 18" x 3') & some black vinyl (about 12" x 4'). I am so happy! Can use the vinyl for putting on mugs, tumblers or keychains. Will be fun to play with that!

yes, loving my new 'other machine'!
joyfullycrafting Offline
#1315 Posted : Monday, May 13, 2013 10:20:35 AM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Good morning. We will be having another lovely day, then our normal spring sets in tomorrow.

Sandra, is this the same vehicle that you had repaired before?

JeanneLee, sounds like you have a wonderful Mother's Day!

Angie, your hubby and children will survive without you. Grandparents won't be around forever. When my dad broke his hip a few years ago and had surgery, Jill promptly bought a plane ticket home. It was a few weeks later, but it was important to her to see Grandpa.

And Angie, your sign with Layla sounds cute!

Sharon, free vinyl is great! A few years ago I was going to vinyl shops to try and find some. There is a little one a few blocks from me, and they were not about to part with any of their scraps. But I went to one in the town we do all of our shopping in, and the pulled out a big box of scraps. They sell their scraps, but that was OK. I paid a little too much, but got bunches and bunches of scraps. They have others that buy scraps, too.

I have been working on wedding stuff this morning. I thought about planting flowers this afternoon, but is going to be over 90, and only 70 tomorrow, so I may wait so the flowers don't go into shock with the heat.
 1 user thanked joyfullycrafting for this useful post.
JeanneLee on 5/14/2013(UTC)
AlyaMama Offline
#1316 Posted : Monday, May 13, 2013 10:25:48 AM(UTC)
AlyaMama

Here are the rest of the pictures. Sorry they are so big.

AlyaMama Offline
#1317 Posted : Monday, May 13, 2013 10:38:44 AM(UTC)
AlyaMama

I guess not, I'm getting error messages.
Maybe tomorrow
SandraB. Offline
#1318 Posted : Monday, May 13, 2013 8:01:35 PM(UTC)
SandraB.

Canada

Hi everyone;
Hope everyone had a nice Mother's Day. DD came for a visit in the afternoon, then we went to my sister's for dinner. Turned out to be a nice day weatherwise too...overcast but warm. Tonite Troy started playing Botchi (not sure if that's spelled right) with the Special O. Our affiliate is trying out a couple of new summer sports; botchi and golf, and of course Troy wants to do both of them. All his house came tonite so that won't be an issue and golf is Sat., so we will take him most likely.

Sharon: free vinyl is always nice. Have fun with it.

Joy: yes, this is the same van that we had fixed before...I think it's jinxed or something.

Angie: your sign sounds way too cute. Hope things turn out better with your mom & dad than they did last summer.

JeanneLee: sounds like you had a great day yesterday

Sonja: hope you got your clippers and roses

Bye for now, take care everyone
 1 user thanked SandraB. for this useful post.
JeanneLee on 5/14/2013(UTC)
Shelly Offline
#1319 Posted : Monday, May 13, 2013 9:03:35 PM(UTC)
Shelly

United States

Was thanked: 311 time(s) in 273 post(s)
Hi everyone.

Belated Happy Mother's Day to everyone. Sounds like you all had a nice day, well except for SANDRA. Sorry about your accident. Hope you get it fixed.

NANCY - Glad the rain held out until your party was over.

I went out of town over the weekend with my oldest DD. We just went to St. George, which is in Southern UT. We stayed at a hotel and say by the pool, went shopping, out to eat (too much) and went to a movie. We went to celebrate our birthdays. It was lots of fun. My husband had to go out of town for the week, so he missed Mother's Day and my birthday. When I got home there were two HUGE hanging planters for my yard with a note that one was for birthday and the other for mother's day. My kids all went in and got me two tickets to see Les Miserables play for Mother's Day. Loved the movie, so I am excited. Will get birthday presents later. I have teased them that I need two separate and distinct gifts for my birthday and Mother's Day, since they are on the same day or close together all the time. Tonight, a few of my kids and I all went out to dinner for my birthday, which is today. I've had a lot of fun the last few days.
DebbieScraps Offline
#1320 Posted : Tuesday, May 14, 2013 5:40:06 AM(UTC)
DebbieScraps

Was thanked: 165 time(s) in 161 post(s)
Hi everyone, I'm back!! Had a wonderful trip to Bali. Went swimming with dolphins, what a wonderful experience that was. One of the staff took our cameras and got some really great photos for us. It really was an experience of a lifetime. Also had lots of massages and spa treatments, it is one of the specialities there and you get some great deals. The hotel was lovely, very close to the sea which was great as we walked along the beachfront often as we did loads and loads of walking. The weather was very hot and humid but that is to be expected with an equatorial climate. I went on a shoe buying frenzy, what a shock, as I hate shoe shopping!!! I battle to find shoes that fit comfortably with a low heel and I could have filled my suitcase just with shoes LOL I will put some of them away for now, it is great to know that I won't have to go shoe shopping for quite some time, probably years LOL! I did only intend to buy shoes for the wedding (which I did manage to find). All in all it was a really great trip but nice to be home again too and Jet was so excited to see me and won't leave my side, think he is worried I might disappear again.

DD cooked a lovely lunch for mothers day and she gave me a pack of cards which said "52 Reasons why I Love You" and on each card she had typed something different - it made me cry!!! It is a gift that i will always treasure.

We're on wedding countdown, apparently it is 124 days to go.