Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

50 Pages«<4344454647>»
lv2scrap02 Offline
#1321 Posted : Tuesday, May 14, 2013 7:30:30 AM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 1280 time(s) in 995 post(s)
Hi Girls,

Sorry I have been MIA we had some bad news on Sunday that my cousin was killed in a tragic accident...53 yrs. old died of a heart attack while driving... very sad..he was vising his family for several months here on L.I.

Put a damper on Mother's Day so sad for his parents.

We celebrated Abigail's Birthday on Sunday with just us and Patty we bought a small carvel cake and Abigail had her first taste of carvel..

She opened all her presents on Sunday she loved her bouncy rockin horse the fact that she can reach the floor and bounce and rock she loves it.

Her new dolly carriage she is having a ball

I will try and post some pic's although I haven't been able to we will see
lv2scrap02 attached the following image(s):
Abigail 1st. Birthday.JPG
P1000998.JPG
lv2scrap02 Offline
#1322 Posted : Tuesday, May 14, 2013 7:33:40 AM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Wow that was easy posting pictures

Sounds like everyone had a wonderful Mother's Day

The weather here has been so cold it feels more like Fall rather then Spring!!
joyfullycrafting Offline
#1323 Posted : Tuesday, May 14, 2013 1:27:28 PM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Was thanked: 1448 time(s) in 1154 post(s)
Welcome back, Debbie!!! Your trip sounds absolutely AMAZING! How are wedding plans going?

Shelly, I told DH a few weeks ago that someday I want to visit St George. We used to have a friend (well, acquaintance) that lived there. It has been a while since we have heard from him, and he had Parkinsons, so don't know if he is still living.

Nancy, so sorry to hear about your cousin. Prayers for your family.

Abigail is certainly growing. It's hard to believe that she and Layla are both one year old.

Sandra, Troy keeps you busy with all of his sports! WOW! Your poor van. Crying

It has cooled down quite a bit today, and even cooler as we head towards the weekend. I prefer the warm weather! Love

Have most of Meg's invites put together, but there is still a few things to finish them completely. Like get engagement pictures taken! We just have not had an evening to get them done. DH will use Brandon's camera to take them - higher quality then DH's old camera.
 1 user thanked joyfullycrafting for this useful post.
lv2scrap02 on 5/17/2013(UTC)
NJsharon Offline
#1324 Posted : Tuesday, May 14, 2013 4:31:36 PM(UTC)
NJsharon

Was thanked: 404 time(s) in 243 post(s)
Nancy, so sorry to hear about your cousin too. So sad, prayers for you & the family being said.

Debbie, your trip sounds fab! What a fun time!

I am so happy as I got a ton of vinyl free from a sign making store near me, this morning! Not kidding you, they are on rolls & most are 18" wide, then some are about 6' long! Got teal, cream, red, grey & I think black. So happy! So I just bought some clear tumblers on Amazon, some clear acrylic keychains & some blank t-shirts. Going to be playing cutting my vinyl & some heat transfer vinyl that I also ordered! Maybe next week it will all come in the mail & I can start playing with it all!

1 user thanked NJsharon for this useful post.
joyfullycrafting Offline
#1325 Posted : Tuesday, May 14, 2013 5:43:05 PM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

I just ordered an envelope punch board! YAY! They look so cool. I hope I learn to use it quickly and make lots of great envelopes with it.
SandraB. Offline
#1326 Posted : Tuesday, May 14, 2013 6:59:04 PM(UTC)
SandraB.

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
Canada

Was thanked: 270 time(s) in 229 post(s)
Hi everyone;
Our weather is still warm but we always seem to have some wind with it! We could sure use a few rain showers...everything is so dry, lots of forest fires happening in Alberta now. On Sunday I got new pj's and a couple of solar lights, yesterday a Michael's gift card and some body lotion and today a Tim Horton's gift card showed up in the mail. I won it online in their latest contest...but thought I would believe it when I seen itLOL! Wow! lucky me!

Debbie: glad you had a wonderful trip. What a nice Mother's Day gift you got from your dd, very thoughtful

Sharon: sounds like you are having way too much fun with your new machine and goodies. Can't wait to see what you make

Nancy: Abigail looks so cute in her party dress with her new toys. Sorry to hear about your cousin, such a sad loss

Joy: hope the envelope board works out well for you

Shelly: the van will be ok...have to get a few estimates and the guy said he would cover it, time will tell. Sounds like you and your dd had a lovely w/end. Happy Birthday to you!

Hope everyone else is doing well

1 user thanked SandraB. for this useful post.
JeanneLee Offline
#1327 Posted : Wednesday, May 15, 2013 6:00:02 AM(UTC)
JeanneLee

Was thanked: 213 time(s) in 198 post(s)
Nancy, so sorry to hear about your cousin. Prayers for your family.
 1 user thanked JeanneLee for this useful post.
joyfullycrafting Offline
#1328 Posted : Wednesday, May 15, 2013 7:58:58 AM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Good Morning.

I have to stay off of ebay. I won a deep cut housing and extra blades. Although I did get a good price. I used to be able to cut corn flakes boxes with my E , but the last time I tried, it did not cut all the way through. So, a deep cut housing and blade for me.

DH thinks he pretty much has all of the sheetrock put up in Meg's basement. One room is ready for paint. I think the kids will primer it tonight. Paint tomorrow. The couch is to be delivered Friday, and carpet installed on Saturday. They really wanted to start upstairs with their house work, but getting rid of mold won over replacing ugly carpet. The carpet upstairs is in good shape. Just ugly.

Sandra, we are really dry here, also. I was reading in our paper last night that one of our rafting rivers is so low, the guide had to cancel all of his spring rafting trips, which really hurts the economy of some of our tiny towns.

Hopefully, I will get the Scotch pin ATG gun today with my Christmas gift cards and a 40% off coupon at J's. Have any of you found that if you stock up on tape for yours, the tape goes bad? I had a bunch of cheap tape runners from the dollar store, and they have gone bad. No sticky on the tape any more.
Shelly Offline
#1329 Posted : Wednesday, May 15, 2013 10:14:05 AM(UTC)
Shelly

United States

Was thanked: 304 time(s) in 266 post(s)
Good morning everyone.

Has gotten really warm here. I think we had a week of spring and now we are into summer.

NANCY - So sorry about your loss.

JOY - You will love the punch board. You can make so many different sizes of envelopes. I love mine.

DEBBIE - Wow, what a great vacation. I hear that is a beautiful place.

SHARON - Glad you are liking your new toy. What a good idea to get scraps! I will have to remember that.

SANDRA - Sounds like you got some very nice gifts!!

I need to get some motivation and get some things done. I don't know if its the heat, or if I just can't get back in the groove from being on vacation. Hopefully I will snap out of this soon.

Have a good day everyone!!
 1 user thanked Shelly for this useful post.
Shelly Offline
#1330 Posted : Wednesday, May 15, 2013 12:52:24 PM(UTC)
Shelly

United States

Well I finally got brave and decided to update my Gypsy and link in to CCR and it worked! I was pleasantly surprised. Everything seems to be there. Just looked at CCR some and I guess there is a learning curve there, but I'm not a fan. I'm glad my Gypsy still works. Hopefully I won't be forced to use it, but I guess I need to learn so I can use the temporary files if I see one I want. Now off to use my credit, if I can figure out how.
joyfullycrafting Offline
#1331 Posted : Wednesday, May 15, 2013 4:33:32 PM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Got my pink ATG. I couldn't get the thing open to load the tape. I had to get DH to do it. And more yarn. I think I have a yarn addiction. And cardstock, but it is for invititation stuff, so I am printing on it right now.

They were inventorying J's, and it was FULL of employees. It felt like two in every isle. They just re-arranged, so I am trying to learn the new layout of the store.

Nancy, I hope things are going well for you and your family. Continues prayers for you all.

NJsharon Offline
#1332 Posted : Thursday, May 16, 2013 6:46:24 AM(UTC)
NJsharon

I love my pink ATG tape gun! But yes, mine is tough to open too. I have to really pull at it!

Think I am going to take a trip to Dollar Tree this morning to see if they have any tumblers there. So I can play with making some tumblers with vinyl!
joyfullycrafting Offline
#1333 Posted : Thursday, May 16, 2013 7:04:32 AM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Hi all.

Sharon, I got a pink water cup/bottle type thing at our dollar store yesterday that would be cute with vinyl.

I went bday shopping for my dad at the dollar store. He likes to cook, so I got him kitchen stuff. He LOVED opening all those silly gifts.

Headed to a friend's house today just to visit. I think I will take yarn projects to work on. She has a baby bug, and often we cricut when we are together, but I don't want to haul my stuff over.

I am trying to look at cuts from the new cart in CCR, but it isn't working very well.
NJsharon Offline
#1334 Posted : Thursday, May 16, 2013 8:28:18 AM(UTC)
NJsharon

yep, found some cute water bottle things at my local Dollar Tree. They are big too, 32oz! Here are the colors, I bought a few of each. I think 12 altogether.

If I have time I am going to do some up before Sunday with 'I Love My Dog' on them. I am selling as a vendor at a dog-friendly vendor event on sunday (at a vineyard). Figured I could sell them for $4 if I decorate them up nice!

Going on my 3 night cruise on May 31st too, so will make up cups for me, my cabinmate & my 2 good friends that are going on that cruise. Maybe a ship & the persons name.

Will be busy tomorrow night or saturday playing with vinyl! LOL
Shelly Offline
#1335 Posted : Thursday, May 16, 2013 10:10:49 AM(UTC)
Shelly

United States

SHARON - I am going to have to go to Dollar Tree and see if they have those tumblers. I love them. They will be so cute when you get the vinyl on them. I'm sure you will have no trouble getting $4 for them. You will like them for your cruise as well. I always take one with me for water, since I'm cheap and don't want to pay $4.00 or more for a bottle of water.

JOY - Have fun at your friends house! Sounds like my kind of day. I have a pink ATG gun, which I love. It was really hard at first to open, but is easier now. I had to have my son open it for me the first few times.

NANCY - Hope things are well with you.
SandraB. Offline
#1336 Posted : Thursday, May 16, 2013 7:47:49 PM(UTC)
SandraB.

Canada

Hi everyone;
Well, we had a "little" and I mean little rainshower this afternoon. The jr. high's were outside for recess and they thought they were all going to melt and wanted back in...no way! The ground wasn't even damp that's how dry it is. I have to water my plants everyday so they don't dry out. We are supposed to get more this w/end...of course, it's the long weekend. You can tell when it's a long weekend here; the gas prices go up and it rainsLOL! Our gas jumped from $1.12/litre to $1.22/litre yesterday afternoonAngry!

Sharon: the tumblers look great, they should be a good seller for you at your fair

Joy: I have a pink ATG gun also and love it. Wasn't sure when I first saw them but decided to bite the bullet and get one after going through so many little tape runners. Hope you had a good "playdate" with your friend

Shelly: glad you got your Gypsy updated and linked to the CCR. I quite enjoy using the CCR. Hope you found some goodies to use your credit on.

Nancy: hope you are doing ok.

Just got in from doing a bit of gardening...things are greening up nicely

Bye for now, take care everyone
NJsharon Offline
#1337 Posted : Friday, May 17, 2013 8:01:17 AM(UTC)
NJsharon

Got some plain kids & adults white & black t-shirts in the mail yesterday. Now just waiting for my Heat Transfer Vinyl to arrive & I can play! But will do the vinyl on the cups this weekend hopefully.

I stopped by Ross today, never been there before. I found 2 nice formal dresses for the cruise, for $56 total! So happy! One is floor length purple & one is just about ankle length & black with some bling on the front. I love them both!

Edited by user Friday, May 17, 2013 8:19:47 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

lv2scrap02 Offline
#1338 Posted : Friday, May 17, 2013 8:13:08 AM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Hi Girls,

This has been a very emotional week for me. May is always a bad month for me because that is when my mom got really sick so this month has been hard and the coming months for me not any better.

Losing my cousin didn't help either. My Aunt has lost 2 sons in the past 5 yrs. losing one son is hard enough but now her second son.

I thank God everyday having Abigail in my life she keeps us going and on our toes and I know my parents up above are there with me.

It's unfortunate the only time we see our cousins and Aunt and Uncles is when someone passes.
Over the years I try to get together for a dinner with all of them but then life happens and things get cancelled.

Then a couple we know thru our Koi Club announces after 52 yrs. of marriage they are divorcing. OMG!!! they are both in their 70's. I would say the heck with it stay married at this point. We are all in the state of shock.

My cousin who I have been very close to announced she is moving to AZ. since they can't make it on L.I. she has 2 teen ages girls who want to go to Collage and wouldn't be able to afford it here so AZ. she decided to move. Although she has a 22 yrs. old son living there. But leaving behind her parents (who just lost their son) her DD and grandchild...

Anyway all this going on all week.

Abigail is cutting her molers. Poor baby she can't catch a break with these teeth. But in good spirits and walking almost on her own.

I haven't had a chance to read back MB posts.

This weekend we had 2 Garden Clubs coming over on Sat. just to see the Pond and Trains we just serve beverge's and on Sunday our Garden Rail Road Club that is the big one we always have a showing of 40 to 45 people this is where you serve Breakfast.

So off to Costco on Sunday morning to get Muffins, Bagels OJ rolls and whatever else I can find.

Hoping everyone has a good weekend
lv2scrap02 Offline
#1339 Posted : Friday, May 17, 2013 8:17:53 AM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Here is a professional Photo of Abigail
lv2scrap02 attached the following image(s):
abby6.jpg
joyfullycrafting Offline
#1340 Posted : Friday, May 17, 2013 8:37:37 AM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Nancy, that picture is BEAUTIFUL! And boy, you have had a rough week. Continued prayers for you. I AM glad that you have Abigail to brighten your lives.

Kate was born on the day of the funeral of one of my uncles, and the next day, my parents went out of town for the funeral of a cousin. I always felt that she was a bright spot in our lives right then.

Sharon, those almost look like the cup I got! Except, so sad, I dropped mine on a tile floor last night and it broke. I just might go and get another one. We are doing a two week Alaskan cruise in September (did I mention that?) and maybe I will get four, one for each of us, and decorate them. Great idea you had!

Sandra, we had rain last night. .002 inches. I surprised they could measure it!

Had a nice visit with my friend. She gave me a 1912 Singer sewing machine that she refurbished!!!!!! It is beautiful. She painted it a deep burgandy color, and it has gold decals on it that she created herself. It has a musical theme to it. She has refursished maybe 8 or 10 of these. It works great! WOW, what a gift!!!! I will share a picture one of these days. There is no treadle with it, but she puts hand cranks on them.

Didn't get a thing wedding done yesterday. I hope to label envelopes today, but we still don't have engagement pics to put in the envelopes. They have been too busy working on their basement. The carpet is supposed to be put in tomorrow, so maybe they can breathe after that.
lv2scrap02 on 5/19/2013(UTC)
JeanneLee Offline
#1341 Posted : Friday, May 17, 2013 10:03:47 AM(UTC)
JeanneLee

Was thanked: 213 time(s) in 198 post(s)
I agree with Joy, Abigail is beautiful! TFS the photo, Nancy!
{{{HUGS, Nancy}}}
 1 user thanked JeanneLee for this useful post.
NJsharon Offline
#1342 Posted : Friday, May 17, 2013 3:09:21 PM(UTC)
NJsharon

So sorry for all you are going to Nancy. That is a lot to go through. :(
 1 user thanked NJsharon for this useful post.
Shelly Offline
#1343 Posted : Friday, May 17, 2013 3:19:10 PM(UTC)
Shelly

United States

Boy, I'm not very happy right now. I finally linked my gypsy to CCR mainly to have a back up to my gypsy, but do not really think I will use much. I went today and got some designs with my credit. I sync'd them to my gypsy, but only one of them showed up on my G. I called PC and was told that most of the CCR exclusives and single images won't show up on gypsy. So now I will have to figure out a way to get all this to work in my craftroom if I want to use these designs. I guess I missed something in what I've read about this whole process. I thought it would all show up on your gypsy too. I guess I will only buy complete cartridges digitally from now on.

Ok, sorry for the rant.

NANCY - I'm sorry for everything you are going through right now! Hope it gets better. Just give your darling granddaughter lots of hugs. Hopefully that will help make it easier.

SHARON - We are also getting a weekend of rain. It has been really hot here and is now going to cool right down for several days.

SANDRA - Where did you get your iron-on vinyl? I have wanted to try some of that.

JOY - Your new Singer machine sounds wonderful. I have a friend who collects old machines and has quite a few and they all work too.

Well I hope everyone has a great weekend! (Thanks for letting me vent)
SandraB. Offline
#1344 Posted : Friday, May 17, 2013 7:41:03 PM(UTC)
SandraB.

Canada

Hi everyone;
It was another hot day today...not too hot though which was good as it was track day for our junior highs. Did get a few spits of rain this afternoon but that was it. They keep saying rain is coming, not sure when and whereLOL. DH took my van in for some estimates today...between $750-1200.00 to repair the front bumperAngry. He gave the guy that hit me a call and he thinks he can get it fixed cheaper somewhere else...we'll see.

Shelly: I think it was Sharon that got the vinyl. Don't they have it here? Vent anytime you feel you need to...that's what friends are for

Sharon: glad you found some dresses you like

Nancy: take care, try to enjoy your w/end. TFS the lovely pic of Abigail

Joy: what a wonderful gift your friend gave you. I have an old tredel machine of my dad's parents...they brought it over from England with them

Troy starts golf tomorrow so we'll see how that goes. Hope everyone has a nice w/end. Is it a long w/end in the States? It's Victoria Day w/end here...considered the first long w/end of the summer. Lots of trailers out on the highway today.
joyfullycrafting Offline
#1345 Posted : Saturday, May 18, 2013 8:48:04 AM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

http://www.specialty-graphics.com/easyweed.html

I have ordered iron-on vinyl from this place. Good service. Nice selection.

Sandra, good luck to Troy on golfing! I have tried to golf before. I ended up playing crocet(I dont' know how to spell that!) with my golf ball.

Shelly, I have just heard so many complaints about CCR. Which is why I don't use it. I now have three digital carts, but one was because Santa's Village was too expensive to buy, I can't remember why I got the other one, and the third one was with my credit.

I think I had better try and get my flowers planted today. I am so not a gardener, but I do like flowers.

And I remembered last night that I need to make some cards for Megan.
AlyaMama Offline
#1346 Posted : Saturday, May 18, 2013 12:32:29 PM(UTC)
AlyaMama

Was thanked: 238 time(s) in 200 post(s)
Nancy I'm so sorry for your loss. The pictures of Abigail are so cute! Love them. I can't beleive Layla and Abigail are 1 already. Time sure flew.

This past week I spent cleaning my craft studio and making it more Layla friendly. She's walking now and gets into EVERYTHING! So I was busy doing that. I wanted to take a break from crafting. I was a litte down this past week, I spent tons of time getting ready for an open day at my freinds school. I was doing a make and take paper doll for the kids, and I didn't so too well. SO I was a bit bummed.

I need to get back into the swing of things, I'm co-hosting a baby shower for my freind June 1st and doing all the decorations. We are gong with brown and blue with owls. I'm going for shabby-chic. In my head it's gorgeous!

So I'm coming to the States July 3rd-Aug 5th. I'm so excited. It's just Layla and I, we couldn't afford for all of the kids to come so I promised them lots of goodies when I get back. I can't wait. I hope my mom behaves this time. I think she will, it'll be less carzyness ion her house without my whole brood there. We plan to do lots of crafgts and hopefully a little shopping. I'm on a limited budget this trip, so I have plan very carefully what I buy. Also, less suitcases to bring back.

AlyaMama attached the following image(s):
528399_10151599070319766_1554170397_n.jpg
Alya 7th.JPG
 1 user thanked AlyaMama for this useful post.
lv2scrap02 Offline
#1347 Posted : Sunday, May 19, 2013 1:25:21 PM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Hi Girls,

Thanks for your well wishes and Abigail photo.

So glad the weekend is finally over. We have had rain the last 3 days all weekend.

Yet today we had a GRR Meeting in the pouring rain we had 40 people show up. The Pres. of the club said it is either your good breakfast you put out or a beautiful rail road.

Sat. rained again we had Flower clubs come but maybe 12 people between 1 and 3pm although people showed up at 10:45 am I was not happy.

Now time to relax

Angie... you have been busy making Crafts such and I am sure you are looking forward to coming to the States you and Layla and I am sure it will be a lot easier on your parents not to have a house3 full of kids!

Well now to start dinner have a good rest of the weekend
Shelly Offline
#1348 Posted : Monday, May 20, 2013 10:17:27 AM(UTC)
Shelly

United States

Hi everyone.

Angie - Love your crafts you make and share with us. You are really good. Exciting you get to come to the States to visit your family this summer!

Nancy - Sounds like you had a busy weekend showing your railroad.

I haven't been up to much. I did make a couple of quick cards using the Creative Cards cartridge. I really like that one fore making fast, last minute cards.

Have a good day everyone!!
joyfullycrafting Offline
#1349 Posted : Monday, May 20, 2013 1:24:18 PM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

I AM SO EXCITED!!! Did I tell you about the teddy bear that I was watching on ebay? Jill has had a bear since she was nine months old, and the poor thing looks AWFUL. It is flat, no stuffing, threadbare, Jeffie has had it a time or two.

Anyway, I just got the bear. And IT IS her bear. I can't believe I found it after 28 years.

Shelly, I am really liking Creative Cards, too.
lv2scrap02 Offline
#1350 Posted : Monday, May 20, 2013 3:11:13 PM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Originally Posted by: joyfullycrafting Go to Quoted Post
I AM SO EXCITED!!! Did I tell you about the teddy bear that I was watching on ebay? Jill has had a bear since she was nine months old, and the poor thing looks AWFUL. It is flat, no stuffing, threadbare, Jeffie has had it a time or two.

Anyway, I just got the bear. And IT IS her bear. I can't believe I found it after 28 years.

Shelly, I am really liking Creative Cards, too.

Oh I do remember you mentioning it... what a great gift to give her... she will be so excited I am sure.