Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

ellamap Offline
#1 Posted : Monday, May 13, 2013 6:10:45 PM(UTC)
ellamap

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 378 time(s) in 205 post(s)
On Scrapbook Update there is an article that says Teresa Collins is partnering with Craftwell. She's going to create designs for the Ebosser and their cutter.
This saddens me, I like her carts. Can she do both?
GracefulGrammar Offline
#2 Posted : Tuesday, May 14, 2013 8:19:25 AM(UTC)
GracefulGrammar

Was thanked: 2044 time(s) in 993 post(s)
Originally Posted by: ellamap Go to Quoted Post
On Scrapbook Update there is an article that says Teresa Collins is partnering with Craftwell. She's going to create designs for the Ebosser and their cutter.
This saddens me, I like her carts. Can she do both?

I got an official announcement in my email this morning from Craftwell....... Here is a cut and paste:

Craftwell Announces Partnership with Teresa Collins Designs

New York City, NY, May 13, 2013 -Craftwell Inc. today announced an agreement with Teresa Collins Designs, for the creation of an exclusive design collection for use with the eBosser and eCraft product lines of specialty electronic die cutters and embossers. Craftwell Inc. is a New York based manufacturer of high-tech consumer electronic products and related craft accessories for the Arts & Craft and Education sectors.

Craftwell's eBosser and eCraft product lines represent a new generation of die-cutting and embossing machines for the craft and education markets. The products are used for multiple applications including scrapbooking, paper crafting & card making, quilting, home decorating, children's education and activities, which enable users to cut or emboss paper, card stock, vellum, vinyl, felt, craft foam, plastic, foil and other materials, providing more usability than competing products.

"We are extremely pleased to partner with Teresa Collins and offer her exclusive collections of designs to users of eBosser and eCraft machines," said Craftwell's Chief Executive Officer, David Tse. "Craftwell products have generated significant excitement in the hobby market by virtue of their ease of use and flexibility, and we believe Teresa Collins' outstanding designs will further enhance the creative experience for our customers."

Teresa Collins, President of Teresa Collins Designs, commented: "In order to expand our line and showcase our designs, we wanted to partner with a strong technology company that could provide a broad range of innovations. We selected Craftwell as they have demonstrated their ability to develop products that revolutionize the industry."

Craftwell will be featuring the first of many Teresa Collin's embossing folder collections for the eBosser product line, in booth #3220 at the Creative & Lifestyle Arts / National Stationary Show at the Jacob K Javits Convention Center in New York City, May 19-22, 2013.

About Craftwell
Headquartered in New York, Craftwell is a leader in providing technological innovations to the crafting and education sectors. The company's products are designed to provide users with advanced capabilities that increase their creative possibilities. Craftwell's eCraft electronic die cutter was an honoree in the prestigious Innovations Design & Engineering Award program at the Consumer Electronics Show (CES). Their newest product, the eBosser die cutter & embosser, has been lauded by crafters and quilters, gaining international acclaim. For more information, visit www.craftwellusa.com.

About Teresa Collins Designs
Teresa Collins Designs, led by owner and designer Teresa Collins, creates craft and scrapbook products with timeless style and chic appeal. Her creations strive to tell a story and make it easier to document life in an artistic way whether journaling, doing interior design, trying new crafty techniques, taking photos or capturing "life" in the craft world. Teresa Collins products are found worldwide in both independent and larger craft businesses. She is a regular featured guest on Channel 4s Good Things Utah, has her own weekly online show each Monday on My Craft Channel, and has authored two Teresa Collins idea books.

nightmare/fan Offline
#3 Posted : Tuesday, May 14, 2013 1:52:32 PM(UTC)
nightmare/fan

United States

Was thanked: 265 time(s) in 138 post(s)
I have been considering purchasing an Ebosser and weighing the pros and cons. I guess this will go on the pro side! Thanks for the information!
Jeanne
Sherri Kay Offline
#4 Posted : Tuesday, May 14, 2013 2:00:57 PM(UTC)
Sherri Kay

United States

Was thanked: 2446 time(s) in 2193 post(s)
Wahoo! I have the eBosser, so this is awesome news. I can't wait to see what she comes out with!! So excited because I love all things Teresa Collins!!!!Woot Woot Woot
ellamap Offline
#5 Posted : Tuesday, May 14, 2013 3:00:49 PM(UTC)
ellamap

Was thanked: 378 time(s) in 205 post(s)
I just want more Teresa Collins cartridges for Cricut!
Calmom Offline
#6 Posted : Tuesday, May 14, 2013 10:04:30 PM(UTC)
Calmom

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 2095 time(s) in 1069 post(s)
I have a couple of friends that have the EBosser. When we got together for a Crop weekend, I brought my AG Cuttlebug and Tim Holtz Vagabond, their EBosser could not compare to the other two, when it came to quality.

Here are my findings:

It was nice that it was motorized but so is the Vagabond and Cuttlebug easy to turn handle.

The EBosser can emboss up to 8 1/2 x 12, Cuttlebug & Vagabond 6 1/4 x 13 using extended pads

The Cuttlebug and Vagabond embossed much deeper then the EBosser. The EBosser sometimes didn't even emboss some of the small detail or very intricate detail.

Fortunately, you can use ALL Embossing Folders on ALL Embossing Machines. You might need to use a shim for some of the Embossing Machines.

I love Teresa Collins and very excited she is coming out with Embossing Folders. which will work just perfect with my AG Cuttlebug and Vagabond.
Sherri Kay Offline
#7 Posted : Tuesday, May 14, 2013 10:25:28 PM(UTC)
Sherri Kay

United States

Was thanked: 2446 time(s) in 2193 post(s)
Calmom, I get very nice, deep embosses with my eBosser. Maybe you weren't shimming it correctly. There are many YouTube videos that show how beautiful the emboss is with the eBosser. But, then again, everyone has their own opinion of our crafting machines. Smile
chellabella Offline
#8 Posted : Wednesday, May 15, 2013 2:05:36 AM(UTC)
chellabella

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 173 time(s) in 137 post(s)
As long as we have Anna Griffin, I'm fine!Cool

~Angela
nightmare/fan Offline
#9 Posted : Wednesday, May 15, 2013 6:35:17 AM(UTC)
nightmare/fan

United States

Was thanked: 265 time(s) in 138 post(s)
Thanks for you reviews Calmom and Sherri! I will have to take these into my considerations. I know I would be able to use the folders with my Sizzix, but I am looking for an electric one as my wrists are so bad from carpal tunnel that I have such a hard time with the handle machines I was hoping someone would come out with a better option.
Jeanne
Leahdax Offline
#10 Posted : Wednesday, May 15, 2013 7:52:11 AM(UTC)
Leahdax

United States

Was thanked: 354 time(s) in 253 post(s)
Originally Posted by: GracefulGrammar Go to Quoted Post
I got an official announcement in my email this morning from Craftwell....... Here is a cut and paste:

Craftwell Announces Partnership with Teresa Collins Designs

Teresa Collins, President of Teresa Collins Designs, commented: "In order to expand our line and showcase our designs, we wanted to partner with a strong technology company that could provide a broad range of innovations. We selected Craftwell as they have demonstrated their ability to develop products that revolutionize the industry."...

Wow, that's kind of a slap in the face for PC.

Originally Posted by: Calmom Go to Quoted Post
I have a couple of friends that have the EBosser. When we got together for a Crop weekend, I brought my AG Cuttlebug and Tim Holtz Vagabond, their EBosser could not compare to the other two, when it came to quality.

Here are my findings:

It was nice that it was motorized but so is the Vagabond and Cuttlebug easy to turn handle.

The EBosser can emboss up to 8 1/2 x 12, Cuttlebug & Vagabond 6 1/4 x 13 using extended pads

The Cuttlebug and Vagabond embossed much deeper then the EBosser. The EBosser sometimes didn't even emboss some of the small detail or very intricate detail.

Fortunately, you can use ALL Embossing Folders on ALL Embossing Machines. You might need to use a shim for some of the Embossing Machines.

I love Teresa Collins and very excited she is coming out with Embossing Folders. which will work just perfect with my AG Cuttlebug and Vagabond.

Hey! I didn't know anybody made a large format embossing machine. I've been wishing PC would come out with something larger, but it looks like eBosser beat them to it. This will definatley go on my wish list. I just got several A2 cuttlebug folders from JoAnns last week (40% and 50% off). I like their new patterns, but the A2 size is so limiting. I'll probably keep them, but won't be buying anymore now that I know about the eBosser. I'll probably keep my cuttlebug and my bigshot because they're manual, and sometimes it's easier to whip them out and emboss something small than to have to plug something up, especially since I don't have the space to keep things plugged in if I'm not using them. JoAnn sells the eBosser, but only online. Gonna have to wait for Christmas, tho. There aren't that many embossing folders for it, yet. But, hopefully they will come out with more stuff besides the Teresa Collins line. So excited! BigGrin
Calmom Offline
#11 Posted : Wednesday, May 15, 2013 9:24:24 AM(UTC)
Calmom

Originally Posted by: nightmare/fan Go to Quoted Post
Thanks for you reviews Calmom and Sherri! I will have to take these into my considerations. I know I would be able to use the folders with my Sizzix, but I am looking for an electric one as my wrists are so bad from carpal tunnel that I have such a hard time with the handle machines I was hoping someone would come out with a better option.
Jeanne

Hi Jeanne, I should tell you that both EBosser and Vagabond are motorized. However, the Vagabond you have to hold down the button while the Embossing goes on, where the EBosser will work without having to hold any buttons.

I'm not sure it is a big deal, it isn't for me but I wanted to share that info with you. I would watch several of the You Tube Videos for both Machines and read some reviews.
 1 user thanked Calmom for this useful post.
nightmare/fan on 5/15/2013(UTC)
Calmom Offline
#12 Posted : Wednesday, May 15, 2013 9:33:30 AM(UTC)
Calmom

Originally Posted by: Sherri Kay Go to Quoted Post
Calmom, I get very nice, deep embosses with my eBosser. Maybe you weren't shimming it correctly. There are many YouTube videos that show how beautiful the emboss is with the eBosser. But, then again, everyone has their own opinion of our crafting machines. Smile

Well anything is possible when it comes to me Laugh LOL I did try to lightly spray water on the cardstock to get a better emboss and it was better. I just didn't want to have to do that each time. I did try about 4 different shims too. I did love that the EBosser will not even attempt to Emboss if it is too thick compared to cracking many plates on my Cuttlebug LOL Laugh LOL

The one nice thing is that no matter who makes the Embossing Folder, they can be used on all of the Embossing Machines. My horrible arthritis in my hands are extremely grateful for the motorized machines. I only wish PC would of come up with a Motorized 12 x12 Embossing Machine.

Leahdax Offline
#13 Posted : Wednesday, May 15, 2013 12:50:14 PM(UTC)
Leahdax

United States

Was thanked: 354 time(s) in 253 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Calmom Go to Quoted Post
Well anything is possible when it comes to me Laugh LOL I did try to lightly spray water on the cardstock to get a better emboss and it was better. I just didn't want to have to do that each time. I did try about 4 different shims too. I did love that the EBosser will not even attempt to Emboss if it is too thick compared to cracking many plates on my Cuttlebug LOL Laugh LOL

The one nice thing is that no matter who makes the Embossing Folder, they can be used on all of the Embossing Machines. My horrible arthritis in my hands are extremely grateful for the motorized machines. I only wish PC would of come up with a Motorized 12 x12 Embossing Machine.

That's not qiute true. EBosser folders are larger than other folders, so they can only be use in the eBosser machine.