Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

u2lad823648ff7a1 Offline
#1 Posted : Saturday, April 20, 2013 5:53:03 PM(UTC)
u2lad823648ff7a1

Groups: Registered

I linked my gypsy to the craft room this week and all went well with the update and transition. I have a new cartridge today and I wanted to link to the gypsy, but the gypsy says it can't link until the gypsy is updated. I did another update--computer said gypsy is already up to date. It still won't load the cart. I made several attempts, each time with the same unsatisfactory result. I did unplug the usb and restart between attempts. This is the first time I've had this issue. Anyone else have the same problem and solve it? I'd appreciate a solution. Thanks.
elizabethb5e6a6fd Offline
#2 Posted : Saturday, April 20, 2013 8:11:41 PM(UTC)
elizabethb5e6a6fd

I'm having the same problem with Zoo Day! Everything has been updated and it still won't work.
BCGramma Offline
#3 Posted : Saturday, April 27, 2013 3:42:03 PM(UTC)
BCGramma

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 14 post(s)
I'm having the same problem with Creative Cards. I wonder if we need to link them to CCR first then update the Gypsy through that. I'm sure someone more knowledgeable than me will figure this out for us.
garagesaler Offline
#4 Posted : Saturday, April 27, 2013 5:11:09 PM(UTC)
garagesaler

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 2511 time(s) in 2007 post(s)
Zoo Day disappeared from the Gypsy somehow. I might have lost some other carts too, I was not sure. I did the Cricut Sync today with my Gypsy for a digital I bought. I tried doing the troubleshooting section of the Sync, and answered the questions. It took a while but it readded it and now it is back on as linked.
I don't think some of the newer carts are on the Gypsy yet, like Simple Cards, and Creative Cards. I wish they were. I would love to link them and get Reid of the boxes on my craft desk. I think we are waiting for another update to be able to link those.
BCGramma Offline
#5 Posted : Saturday, April 27, 2013 6:29:49 PM(UTC)
BCGramma

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 14 post(s)
I'm having trouble linking Creative Cards to the Gypsy, I'm getting the update message that others are getting. So I thought I'd link it to CCR then Sync the Gypsy to CCR. Well the cart shows up in CCR but still won't link to the Gypsy, looks like I'll be calling PC.
I'm also having George and Basic Shapes issues. I'm hoping PC can take care of all of it at one time.
Smiles
smmooney4f05e825 Offline
#6 Posted : Friday, May 17, 2013 1:39:10 PM(UTC)
smmooney4f05e825

Zoo Day will not update on my Gypsy either. There was one exception....i got Zoo Day but lost Extreme Font. immediately updated again.....lost Zoo Day, got back Extreme Font. What is the problem, Cricut, with this Zoo Day cartridge?????
Mindy - TheDeterminedScrapper Offline
#7 Posted : Tuesday, July 30, 2013 6:28:08 PM(UTC)
Mindy - TheDeterminedScrapper

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I am just dumbfounded with this. I have updated everything and desperately want to link my CTMH Artbooking to my Gypsy. But of course I am receiving the same message. I would love if someone would reply with a solution to this problem before I fly off the handle. LOL All of my other cartridges have seemed to link with no problem. Unsure
Coah'sNana Offline
#8 Posted : Tuesday, July 30, 2013 6:46:56 PM(UTC)
Coah'sNana

Virgin Islands (U.S.)

Was thanked: 17363 time(s) in 4616 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Mindy - TheDeterminedScrapper Go to Quoted Post
I am just dumbfounded with this. I have updated everything and desperately want to link my CTMH Artbooking to my Gypsy. But of course I am receiving the same message. I would love if someone would reply with a solution to this problem before I fly off the handle. LOL All of my other cartridges have seemed to link with no problem. Unsure

It has not yet been added to the Gypsy content library. Considering that cart doesn't officially go on sale until 8/1, I would not expect to see a Gypsy update for it until the next Hello Thursday.
CricutGena Offline
#9 Posted : Tuesday, July 30, 2013 7:54:16 PM(UTC)
CricutGena

Was thanked: 998 time(s) in 320 post(s)
Hello! Yes, the Close to my Heart Artbooking cartridge has not been released and therefore will not be available in Craft Room or on the Gypsy.

-Cricut Gena
asharoonie Offline
#10 Posted : Thursday, August 01, 2013 10:44:44 AM(UTC)
asharoonie

Canada

Was thanked: 77 time(s) in 29 post(s)
Will it be available to link this week or more likely next week? I'm DYING to get this linked to craft room!
missyOrtiz1 Offline
#11 Posted : Friday, August 02, 2013 5:35:05 AM(UTC)
missyOrtiz1

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
its on the classroom but how can I update gypsy so its on there??
BernadetRodakowski Offline
#12 Posted : Saturday, August 10, 2013 11:48:09 AM(UTC)
BernadetRodakowski

Artbooking has been out for 10 days, and I'm still having the problem with it not syncing to my Gypsy! (I'm not interested in syncing it to CCR - just my Gypsy.) Its the weekend and PC support is not open. Anyone know how to solve this issue? I've updated my Gypsy with the latest software like 4 times, tried turning things off and on and restarting... nothing. Gypsy says I need to update it with the latest software before linking Artbooking. SOOOOO frustrating! Cursing Cursing
sewnmachine Offline
#13 Posted : Saturday, August 10, 2013 12:59:33 PM(UTC)
sewnmachine

Was thanked: 352 time(s) in 236 post(s)
Artbooking has not yet been released for the Gypsy. I just linked my Artbooking cart to CCR - so it's there. But it's not available yet on the Gypsy.

So, save your sanity. You're not doing anything wrong, it's just not going to show up on your Gypsy until PC does an update for it.

And, since the Gypsy has been discontinued, updates are probably going to become few and far between.
CricutGena Offline
#14 Posted : Saturday, August 10, 2013 1:39:29 PM(UTC)
CricutGena

Was thanked: 998 time(s) in 320 post(s)
Originally Posted by: BernadetRodakowski Go to Quoted Post
Artbooking has been out for 10 days, and I'm still having the problem with it not syncing to my Gypsy! (I'm not interested in syncing it to CCR - just my Gypsy.) Its the weekend and PC support is not open. Anyone know how to solve this issue? I've updated my Gypsy with the latest software like 4 times, tried turning things off and on and restarting... nothing. Gypsy says I need to update it with the latest software before linking Artbooking. SOOOOO frustrating! Cursing Cursing

The Artbooking cartridge has not been added to the Gypsy yet. When the next update from Cricut Sync is released then you will be able to link it. A good rule of thumb is if the cartridge is not listed in the cartridge library of the Gypsy then it will not link.

-Cricut Gena
 1 user thanked CricutGena for this useful post.
melliebeee34c14c4e on 9/9/2013(UTC)
ShannonCoyne1 Offline
#15 Posted : Friday, August 30, 2013 8:04:48 PM(UTC)
ShannonCoyne1

Is there going to come a time when the G won't work at all because PC has decided that it doesn't need updates any longer? I love my G and have no interest in CCR - in fact haven't even gone there or linked my G to it.
scrapalette Offline
#16 Posted : Friday, August 30, 2013 8:18:37 PM(UTC)
scrapalette

United States

Was thanked: 19136 time(s) in 8557 post(s)
There probably will come a time when there are no more updates for the Gypsy. But for right now, the update with Artbooking and the other new carts was available yesterday.

There also will come a time when your gypsy will no longer work. It's a piece of electronics and they do wear out. However, PC currently has a gypsy repair service.