Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

SheilaToppi Offline
#1 Posted : Sunday, May 19, 2013 1:54:19 PM(UTC)
SheilaToppi

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 16 post(s)
I just updated, synced, did everything TWICE and still when I look for this week's free content, like When I was Young, it is NOT showing on my ?gypsy. all my carts that are linked to my gypsy are showing in my ccr but the free content is not on my gypsy. I have not had a problem with this before and dont want to miss out on these! help
AprilJ Offline
#2 Posted : Sunday, May 19, 2013 2:51:57 PM(UTC)
AprilJ

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 11 post(s)
I am having the same problem and would also like to know how to link them before they are not free anymore!
Narelle Offline
#3 Posted : Sunday, May 19, 2013 5:07:07 PM(UTC)
Narelle

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Australia

Was thanked: 7869 time(s) in 3683 post(s)
The free content is no longer available to sync to the Gypsy. Those images are now only available in CCR.
SheilaToppi Offline
#4 Posted : Sunday, May 19, 2013 7:52:41 PM(UTC)
SheilaToppi

SAY WHAT?!?! WHY??!! That is NOT cool Provo Craft. What is the reason for this? And was there ever any form of announcement on this?

FIRST today I find out about the $20 credit that I NEVER got an email about but others did and it expired 2 days ago, and now THIS?? I am NOT HAPPY!!

And please don't try to tell me to check my spam folder about the $20 credit thing. There are MANY complaints about this and the fact that NOT everyone got the notice about it.

So I linked my Gypsy to CCR for NOTHING then and it CANNOT be undone. THANKS SO MUCH PROVO CRAFT!!
 1 user thanked SheilaToppi for this useful post.
Scrapperdee on 5/21/2013(UTC)
theproc0a14c052 Offline
#5 Posted : Tuesday, May 21, 2013 10:26:04 AM(UTC)
theproc0a14c052

Was thanked: 117 time(s) in 106 post(s)
I found this out the hard way as well so I feel your pain.Crying To add insult to injury, when I called CS and asked about it they replied "It's only common sense that you wouldn't be able to link the free content to your gypsy". Hey, I love being called stupid. Great CS, really greatMad I try to point out every time I see people inquiring about CCR "free" content that it only free to those who hook their machines to their computers.
scrapalette Offline
#6 Posted : Tuesday, May 21, 2013 2:22:51 PM(UTC)
scrapalette

United States

Was thanked: 19028 time(s) in 8503 post(s)
The "free" images have always been "free for a week", like a "try it before you buy it" promo. Even the early "free" images that did transfer to your Gypsy were removed the next time you updated/synced your Gypsy. And they were removed from all the CCR accounts at the end of the week {or whatever time-frame PC had given the images for}.

The $20 credit was added to every cricut.com account that had a gypsy registered to it. It didn't matter if the gypsy was linked to CCR or not. Is it possible you are using a different email than the one you used when you registered your Gypsy?

CCR requires your Cricut to be hooked up to your computer and connected to the internet whether you are using the "CCR free" images or not.

Also, just wondering how you would expect PC to know that you didn't receive the email? They did send one and post on the MB, on FB and on cricut.com.

Edited by user Tuesday, May 21, 2013 2:25:02 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

theproc0a14c052 Offline
#7 Posted : Tuesday, May 21, 2013 4:02:57 PM(UTC)
theproc0a14c052

Originally Posted by: scrapalette Go to Quoted Post

CCR requires your Cricut to be hooked up to your computer and connected to the internet whether you are using the "CCR free" images or not.

CCR DOES NOT require a machine hook up to cut from CCR. You can design and save your CCR stuff as gypsy files, export from CCR, Import to Gypsy and cut on a free standing machine that is not connected to anything but the Gypsy and the wall socket. It was a main reason Gypsy user begged to link Gypsy to CCR. CCR "free access" content is ONLY available to users connected to CCR and the internet. Kinda sucks, doesn't it?

scrapalette Offline
#8 Posted : Tuesday, May 21, 2013 4:59:09 PM(UTC)
scrapalette

United States

Originally Posted by: theproc0a14c052 Go to Quoted Post
CCR DOES NOT require a machine hook up to cut from CCR. You can design and save your CCR stuff as gypsy files, export from CCR, Import to Gypsy and cut on a free standing machine that is not connected to anything but the Gypsy and the wall socket. It was a main reason Gypsy user begged to link Gypsy to CCR. CCR "free access" content is ONLY available to users connected to CCR and the internet. Kinda sucks, doesn't it?

You could do that before the Gypsy link update. What the gypsy link update did, was to allow gypsy users to cut from CCR using their gypsy linked carts without having to insert the cart in their Cricut.

I think it's great that PC is willing to give so many free images each week for people to use. You have to have an internet connection to access CCR~even to design in it, so the only thing you need to do to use the free images is to plug in your Cricut with a usb cable {as opposed to plugging it into a gypsy}. So I guess it depends on your perspective.

SheilaToppi Offline
#9 Posted : Tuesday, May 21, 2013 5:32:55 PM(UTC)
SheilaToppi

Quote:
Also, just wondering how you would expect PC to know that you didn't receive the email? They did send one and post on the MB, on FB and on cricut.com.

I'm confused about this question. NOT EVERYONE is on FB or checks the message boards. I have used the SAME email for umpteen years for everything, so there is NO chance the email WAS sent to me. I have checked my spam/junk/trash folders just incase, and it is NOT there. Honestly, I don't come to the boards that much anymore because so much of it is NOT updated or posted on very much. For example, going to a forum and seeing next to a person's name under a post something like "about a year ago" or "2 years ago", meaning, there are a bunch of VERY old threads and not much, if anything, new. Another reason is I got frustrated when I would get a new cartridge and come to the message boards to see what others were doing with it, only to find that maybe that cart wasn't even listed. Or the carts were NOT in alphabetical order and such a pain to try and find the one I was looking for, it wasn't worth it.

I just want to know WHY they changed being able to download the free content to your Gypsy which would then disappear when you next updated. Is it because they are worried that some will get the free content and then never update their Gypsy again, therefore being able to keep the free content? I'm sure that probably does happen or will happen, BUT I think the majority of us that are SERIOUS about using our Gypsy and LOVE it so much, keep it updated regularly. We have NO choice when new carts come out because if we get a new release, we cannot cut with it from the Gypsy until it is updated.

My computer is DOWNSTAIRS in my house. I have numerous health issues, including Fibromyalgia, that prevent me from being able to go up and down the stairs more than once or twice a day, let alone carrying a heavy Cricut Expression machine which I keep UPSTAIRS in my bedroom where I do almost all of my work. I love being able to lay on my bed and design with my Gypsy, then walk across the room, plug the Gypsy in, and cut.

I also use the internet 99% on my iPhone, and NOT on my computer for the reasons stated above. I rarely use my computer. I did bring the Expression down a few months ago to cut the 3D deer head from the CCR and it was a total pain. I don't want to be tied to my computer to scrapbook, that's why I have a Gypsy.

I think PC needs to take into consideration that MANY people ARE NOT on Facebook and do NOT come to the boards often, if AT ALL. They need to make sure that when an email is sent, it is sent to EVERYONE. BEFORE a certain offer or promotion is up and we find out about it after the fact.
scrapalette Offline
#10 Posted : Tuesday, May 21, 2013 6:31:49 PM(UTC)
scrapalette

United States

Originally Posted by: SheilaToppi Go to Quoted Post
I'm confused about this question.

I was just wondering how PC was suppose to know you and others didn't receive the email. If you had the $20 credit in your account, the email was sent to the email address on the account. {I know you didn't get the email and aren't on FB or the MB much}. Unless an email is returned as "unable to deliver", how would PC know it never made it to your email inbox?
theproc0a14c052 Offline
#11 Posted : Tuesday, May 21, 2013 6:32:42 PM(UTC)
theproc0a14c052

You could do that before the Gypsy link update. What the gypsy link update did, was to allow gypsy users to cut from CCR using their gypsy linked carts without having to insert the cart in their Cricut.

I think it's great that PC is willing to give so many free images each week for people to use. You have to have an internet connection to access CCR~even to design in it, so the only thing you need to do to use the free images is to plug in your Cricut with a usb cable {as opposed to plugging it into a gypsy}. So I guess it depends on your perspective.

Before the update, Gypsy users could not link their linked gypsy carts to their CCR. Therefore, they could only use "free content" or other free carts in CCR. I got that process to work in about 1 in 10 tries. It was far from perfect and allowed you no ability to design and cut from any cart you owned but linked to a gypsy no matter how you tried to cut it. It was one source linking only. Linked to the Gypsy, no CCR linking for you, period.

I think it's great they give all that free content only to users who have the ability to use their machines with their computer. As this thread makes pretty clear is we are not all the same.
scrapalette Offline
#12 Posted : Tuesday, May 21, 2013 6:39:39 PM(UTC)
scrapalette

United States

Since the beginning of CCR, you could insert any cart {whether it was linked to a Gypsy or not} in your Cricut when prompted by CCR and cut the images. You just could not link it to CCR.

So Gypsy users had to have the physical cart, that had been linked to the Gypsy, to be able to cut from CCR.
SheilaToppi Offline
#13 Posted : Tuesday, May 21, 2013 7:41:43 PM(UTC)
SheilaToppi

Quote:
Before the update, Gypsy users could not link their linked gypsy carts to their CCR. Therefore, they could only use "free content" or other free carts in CCR.

NOT true about only being able to use free content in CCR. In fact, up until right before I posted this 2 days ago, I still had the Mini Books cart which was free maybe a month or so ago, on my Gypsy. I ended up buying the actual cart when I got it for only $20. When I tried to link it, it wouldn't let me link the physical cart because the free one was still there. Now that I updated, that free content is gone, as I expected it to be. There have been a few other free content weeks where I was able to download it on my Gypsy and cut from it until I updated. That is no longer the case, and THAT is what I'm upset about. Why didn't they just leave it as it was?

I could care LESS about being able to link my linked carts from the Gypsy to CCR. I don't NEED CCR, THAT is why I have my Gypsy. I never understood why so many were upset about not being able to link their Gypsy to CCR. It does the same thing, so what's the point? Bigger screen maybe? but then you have to be connected to the computer to cut and that's what I DIDN'T want to do in the first place.
mandys Offline
#14 Posted : Friday, May 24, 2013 7:09:38 AM(UTC)
mandys

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 167 time(s) in 136 post(s)
I think the reason they stopped letting the weekly free content transfer over to the gypsy was because people could keep it until they updated again. That completely defeats the purpose of "limited time only" free content. If people were required to update and relinquish the content weekly it might be different but that would be impossible for them to control.

It is also a bonus to promote CCR, not the gypsy. If google play is giving away a free app to promote their device/service, if I use iOS can I complain about the app not being free to me as well? Not really. Different things even though the app is from the same company.