Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

tigger2000 Offline
#1 Posted : Sunday, May 19, 2013 8:22:39 PM(UTC)
tigger2000

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 52 time(s) in 46 post(s)
I have the Expression and have been trying for hours to cut a single bee image I purchased. I am able to "edit group", but then how do I put the individual image layers onto different "layers" at the top of my screen? I have not trouble cutting images on Cricut Craftroom but this is the first time I purchase anything and have it placed in CCR. I read the instructions and yes, I first changed my machine to the Imagine, and then switched back to my machine, the Expression. I thought that by clicking "edit group" it would automatically separate my image layers into the different color layers on the screen. Right now when I go to "Cut" and click on layer 1, I get all the images bunched together one on top of the other; if I go to layer 2 or 3 they are blank. What am I doing wrong? Thank you for your help!
SheilaToppi Offline
#2 Posted : Monday, May 20, 2013 11:45:09 AM(UTC)
SheilaToppi

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 16 post(s)
You need to ungroup the images so they are individual and then you can move them by themselves on the mat.
SheilaToppi Offline
#3 Posted : Monday, May 20, 2013 11:47:36 AM(UTC)
SheilaToppi

And I don't use CCR so not sure about layers on there, but if there are only a few small pieces, you can figure out what size piece of each color you need and then move each color group to its own space on the mat and cut them all at once. I hope this helps you.
 1 user thanked SheilaToppi for this useful post.
tigger2000 on 5/21/2013(UTC)
CricketCMV Offline
#4 Posted : Monday, May 20, 2013 6:50:52 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 8155 time(s) in 4778 post(s)
Try clicking on the IMAGE and get the handles/box around it. Once you have the handles, click in the circle in the upper left hand corner and while holding down the click, slide/drag the image. If the layers do separate, you'll immediately see a layer under the first one.

If you want to close some of the MAT LAYERS, you need to click the green eyes OFF up on the mat layer tabs. That will hide layers you don't want to work with.

If you are going to resize layers, you will want all green layers turned on so you can select ALL the images (if they are on tope of each other, this works, too) at the same time by going outside the upper left open area of all images and while clicking in that open space and holding the click down, slide/drag your mouse cursor all the way to the bottom right corner and beyond. After you release, you will see the handles around all images. If you didn't quite catch them all, click any open space to get rid of the box and start over until you get all layers selected. THEN, click on the lower right corner arrow and drag in or out to where you want all the images to resize proportionately.

I know you didn't ask for all of that; so, hope it is helpful, anyway.

Char

Edited by user Monday, May 20, 2013 6:53:41 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked CricketCMV for this useful post.
Narelle Offline
#5 Posted : Tuesday, May 21, 2013 6:42:21 AM(UTC)
Narelle

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Australia

Was thanked: 7883 time(s) in 3691 post(s)
Originally Posted by: tigger2000 Go to Quoted Post
I have the Expression and have been trying for hours to cut a single bee image I purchased. I am able to "edit group", but then how do I put the individual image layers onto different "layers" at the top of my screen? I have not trouble cutting images on Cricut Craftroom but this is the first time I purchase anything and have it placed in CCR. I read the instructions and yes, I first changed my machine to the Imagine, and then switched back to my machine, the Expression. I thought that by clicking "edit group" it would automatically separate my image layers into the different color layers on the screen. Right now when I go to "Cut" and click on layer 1, I get all the images bunched together one on top of the other; if I go to layer 2 or 3 they are blank. What am I doing wrong? Thank you for your help!

Once you have placed the image on your mat (with the Imagine set as the default machine) click the Edit Group button

Click the brown Separate button to separate all the layers.

Click Exit

Click anywhere on one of the images then click the Ungroup button on the toolbar

You can now move the individual images around on the mat. If you wish you can create a new mat layer for each piece by clicking on the + button next to the layer tab.

Then highlight the piece you want to move to the new layer, select Ctrl X (or Edit, Cut; or click the Cut button on the toolbar) to move that piece to the clipboard.

Click the tab for the new layer you created and select Ctrl V (or Edit, Paste; or click the Paste button on the toolbar.)

Repeat for each of the other layers.

1 user thanked Narelle for this useful post.
tigger2000 Offline
#6 Posted : Tuesday, May 21, 2013 6:59:50 PM(UTC)
tigger2000

Was thanked: 52 time(s) in 46 post(s)
Sheila, Cricket and Narelle: Thank you so much! You ladies are the best! I realized that I had never seen "ungroup" anywhere, so I went to support and found information on how to cut a purchased image; I then realized that while I had read (or thought I had) this before, I had not read it carefully as I had missed some steps. I printed out the directions -- it just so happens the directions are exactly how Narelle explained it (wow! even graphics!)and using all this information and with your help, I was able to cut my bees! I cut them for a "ba-bee" shower at work and I'm sure the girls are going to love them. Thank you ladies!!!Love Love

Edited by user Tuesday, May 21, 2013 7:01:12 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users thanked tigger2000 for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 5/21/2013(UTC), SheilaToppi on 5/21/2013(UTC)
SheilaToppi Offline
#7 Posted : Tuesday, May 21, 2013 7:46:10 PM(UTC)
SheilaToppi

Glad you got it worked out!