Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

86 Pages«<7677787980>»
Flee57 Offline
#2311 Posted : Monday, May 20, 2013 11:33:51 AM(UTC)
Flee57

Groups: Registered

Good afternoon everyone!

I am home and very tired. Did not sleep well last night. Had a nice relaxing time. I helped my Sister pick out pics to put in a slide show for my Nephew's graduation. Had good laughs and happy memories while looking through tons of pics! I enjoyed my Niece's 30th birthday party. Tried some Fruit Loops Vodka. Talk about drinking your breakfast. It tasted just like fruit loops LOL Had a sip of that and a sip of Chocolate Candy bar Vodka. That was like drinking a sip of Milkey Way. Got to see my great Nephew Jalen's baseball game and had my favorite Chinese food. My other Sister and Nephew were there too so it was a great super long weekend. I feel refreshed and ready to have a great week!

The showing went well. In the questionairre they were asked if they are interested in buying and they said maybe. They rated it a 3 out of 5...so not bad. I haven't had the opportunity to actually speak with my realtor because I have no service at my Sister's. I will probably talk with her tomorrow.

Most of my list is done but I will be working on it and more this week. I'm also going to be job searching because I can't stand to not work. I'm looking for part time like from 5pm-10pm 3 nights maybe.

Well, I'll go back and catch up. Hope you have all had a great weekend and a great start to the new week.

Let's make out new motto

I LOVE MONDAYS!!!

Later!
QtnSasyCarrie Offline
#2312 Posted : Monday, May 20, 2013 12:13:04 PM(UTC)
QtnSasyCarrie

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Good afternoon. Don't know if you saw the photo on Facebook but Chris came home with a 12 week old Husky puppy. This thing is a ball of energy. You know that old adage, "When she is good, she is very very good, but when she is bad, she is horrible. That's about right on the money. LOL Poor Misty has gotten bitten enough that now she runs and hides when Dakota is nearby.

Lizzy I am so glad to hear that things are coming together. Jim had an issue the other day with the warranty on his car. The car had a problem but the warranty wouldn't cover it. It was something that American car manufacturers cover but not Audi. So when I walked into the showroom to pick him up and he was arguing with the guy, he introduced me as his wife, "the social media expert." A couple days later, Jon and I went to pick up the car and he said to me. "We don't like bad publicity, there will be no charge on your car." I cracked up. It does work so keep it in your back pocket.

Laurie good luck with job hunting. Glad to hear the showing went well.

Pat have you got your garden planted yet? I am having deer problems. They like tomato plants. Don't you just love the puzzle books. I think that is why I am liking this social media thing. It's a big puzzle trying to figure out what works and what doesn't

Rhonda I love the card. I will be borrowing your idea.

Paula and Nancy what is happening?

Well I have some work to do and a puppy to take outside. We'll need to electric fence train her.
rm920 Offline
#2313 Posted : Monday, May 20, 2013 5:50:23 PM(UTC)
rm920

Hello all...

I walked in tonight after to work to hear my phone ringing. It was my sister asking about my brother! He lives 20 miles west of Moore OK. He watched the tornado form nearly overhead. His wife works at a school but not one that was hit. His SIL does live in the area. They are OK but their house is not Sad He said it is awful and now I am watching the news about the children that perished in a school. Such devastation - so far 37 dead.

We had tornados here last night. Some damage about 3 blocks from me but thankfully I didn't have any damage.

I met my friend in Topeka early Saturday morning. We spent the day shopping and having lunch. Then mid afternoon I headed to Leavenworth to my brother's. We all watched his step-daughter graduate from high school. Then all went out for a late dinner. Didn't get home until nearly 1 am! Then after a lazy morning I did get the entire yard mowed and then got laundry done.

Carrie - poor Misty! Not fair that she has to hide in her home. She was there first! Hope the new puppy settles down soon. I had to laugh at your experience with the car dealer! See all that social media knowledge is already paying off!

Laurie, glad you had a good time in Michigan. Sounds like the showing went well. Do you have any more showings lined up? Good luck with the job search.

Lizzy, I am so glad you are getting good news - your cooktop will be paid for and you have made some progress on the termite damage. Glad you will be getting away from all the havoc for at least a few days. Enjoy your visit to Houston!

I have most of the plants planted but need to go pick up more soil to finish up. Need to do that on the way home from work tomorrow!

Paula, sounds like DH and DS have some fun things planned for the cottage. Lunch with friends is a great idea. Have fun!

Nancy, how much longer do the children have school? Will you be heading to the lake over the long weekend?
I_M_BLEST Offline
#2314 Posted : Tuesday, May 21, 2013 4:52:41 AM(UTC)
I_M_BLEST

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Hello ladies!

Rhonda, I was glad to see you posted. I was wondering about you with those storms hitting KS. I am glad it missed you and your brother too!
Crazy weather. We had rain roll through here during the night.

Well, I am dragging. I spent Sun. in bed with a migraine. Yesterday I felt weak but had to clean a house then helped work on grad. pic. again at a friends. Today is monster house and my other big one. Vonda and I will do them together. Nothing for tonight. :)

Oh, Katie is in Haiti on a mission trip.

Gotta run, not dressed yet and Vonda will be her in 15 minutes. ugh...
imnchghere Offline
#2315 Posted : Tuesday, May 21, 2013 5:44:57 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

Was thanked: 99 time(s) in 77 post(s)
good morning everyone.. dreary day so far, but I think we might have sun later. Jim is working from home, so he can take care of the lawn and hopefully we can finish planting the garden. I think we are going to need new cages for the tomatoes, but maybe we can get one more year from the ones we have

Paula, you have a busy day for not feeling well. I hope it gets better.
Rhonda, the damage/loss of life from the storms yesterday is horrible. I am glad you had no damage from the ones near you and your brother/family are ok. Sorry about the long day on Saturday, but at least it was for good times.
Carrie, new puppies can be a handful for sure. Is it hard to train them for the electric fence?
Lizzy, I know you are in TX for Sarah's graduation. Congratulations to her on another milestone and I hope you are getting some relaxation in. Safe travels to you returning home.
Laurie, that is a good start on showings. Does the survey give you any idea of what they didn't like? Hope you can find a job that fits your needs.
Nancy, how are things in your area?

Well, I have been trying to finish this for almost an hour. I have got to have a productive day here and take some things off my to do list. Still trying to get a plan for CA. Trying to work around plans already made both there and here. It is getting stressful which is not what I need.
I guess I need to call my sister and see how things are going there.
I_M_BLEST Offline
#2316 Posted : Wednesday, May 22, 2013 5:52:19 AM(UTC)
I_M_BLEST

Good morning ladies!

Sure is quiet around here.

We got some rain during the night.

Laurie, what are you working on these days? It looks like you had a nice trip to MI.

Pat, did you get to talk to your sister?
I see you have all occasion cards on CFS and the date is June 8th. Does that mean they need to be to you by then? We are spending next week at the cottage and I thought if I got set up, I could work on some there.

Rhonda, how is work going? Are things getting a bit smoother?

Carrie, how is life with that puppy??

Nancy, what is going on with you?

Today I will go to Kelly's after I clean. We will be working on pics for her son's graduation party. (I think Lizzy, Laurie and Carrie met her at a crop we had ... Indy maybe??) Dinner is in the crock pot. Beef tips...will just need to make noodles later.

Hope everyone is doing well.
imnchghere Offline
#2317 Posted : Wednesday, May 22, 2013 7:20:40 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

good mid morning.. yesterday ended up being NOT so productive. We made a trip to Lowe's for boards to frame the last raised bed and Jim took care of the lawn. I want to make up for it today, but I am not confident. I didn't talk to my sister, but will maybe try today. Mom has a follow up appointment tomorrow.

Paula, I vaguely remember you riding to and from one of the Indy crops with a friend who had family/friends nearby? Not sure if I met her. Anyway have fun today working on the pic board.
As for cfs, this theme ends the 8th and then people will send them. For non specific holiday cards, there is really no time limit. I have people who have been doing this for years and just send me cards when they put a bunch together. So whatever works for you will be appreciated when they come. I am going to take my SU crayons to CA along with a bunch of images to color. Might even get my Mom to color a few.

I guess I better get moving here. I would like to finish up the laundry today (one load) and then tidy up the deck. I also want to ride the bike and/or take a walk.
One other thing I need to do is put together 2 small boxes of scrapbook supplies for RAK's.
They should have been in the mail last week. Cursing Sad
Hope everyone has a good day.

Nancycs Offline
#2318 Posted : Wednesday, May 22, 2013 10:49:57 AM(UTC)
Nancycs

Good afternoon!

Pat I hope your day is more productive for you. I think I always wish I were more productive. I hope your mom is doing well. I don't remember if you mentioned it or not, but did the steroid shot help your mom?

Paula you are always off helping someone. I am not looking forward to another graduation. At least a lot of the decor stuff is done. I just need to change it a bit for Carter.

Rhonda I am glad you are OK. It is devastating the loss that KS suffered. You did have a busy Saturday but it sounded lovely! I hope work is treating you well this week.

Carrie poor Misty. I imagine Dakota is just playing....at least I hope so. That is funny about the car. You didn't even have to post the bad service and you got what you wanted!

Laurie that is good that the showing went well. Have you had an open house yet? Your weekend sounded wonderful. I imagine it was nice to have a break from the house.

Lizzy I am glad Terminix finally got ahold of you. I think that is a great idea moving the the kids so they can interact more while they work on their projects. I imagine it will be nice for them after all the testing and needing to be quiet.

My weekend was another busy one with errands. I ended up running errands on Sunday too. My plan was to stay home but I decided to weigh in and Rick came with and he had a couple of things to do. Oh well.

We looked at a camper last night but decided it wasn't for us. We should wait but it was priced well so we decided to look.

Today I was up earlier than normal but I got a lot accomplished. I made a penny slider card, got the turkey off the bone and back in the crockpot for turkey sandwiches tonight, did 2 loads of laundry instead of one and got the leftover ham off the bone and into the freezer. I need to try to keep busy at rest time too so I can get everything done before we go up north for the long weekend. We do have to leave early on Monday though to go to my niece's birthday party. We will work on the dock and I also plan to do a lot of reading. I haven't done that in a long time!

Well the kids have settled down to I am off to get a bite to eat and keep working!!

Have a great day everyone!
rm920 Offline
#2319 Posted : Thursday, May 23, 2013 4:34:35 AM(UTC)
rm920

Good morning friends...

Nancy, sorry the camper didn't work out. Sounds like a nice weekend planned up north. Has your weather settled down?

Pat, have you talked to your sister. Hope your mother is doing better.

Paula, you are always on the go! Did you get lots of scraping done with Kelly?

Carrie, how is the new puppy doing? I'm not sure I want to have to go through the house training process again! How is Misty doing now? Is she getting used to the new puppy?

Laurie, any luck on the job search? Have you had any more showings on the house?

Lizzy, I know you are busy in Texas. Hope you are enjoying yourself!

Not much excitement here. Work is busy, finally feeling like I have a better feel of what my role is. This week has been busy as the bookkeeper is on vacation this week. But I am handling things without a hitch so far! I do have some big projects to get started on.

I did learn that I had another great grandbaby born Tuesday evening. His name is Micah Samuel. He looks like such a cutie. Not sure when I will get up to see him.

Does anyone have any big plans for the weekend? I know Nancy will be heading north. I don't have much planned here. Amber will spend the day with me on Saturday. May try to get Drew and Cody to join us.
QtnSasyCarrie Offline
#2320 Posted : Thursday, May 23, 2013 4:53:31 AM(UTC)
QtnSasyCarrie

Good morning! Feels like afternoon. Berkley got up at 5:30 so of course someone needs to get up with him. Then Misty got up since I was up and that set off puppy. And she must have had a fly bothering her. She was running as fast as she could around and around and dive bombing poor Berkley. He can't figure out where this thing came from. She is now happily chewing on a bully stick and Chris doesn't know it yet but he'll be going to the store for more today. Keeping his mother's sanity is a very good thing. LOL

Jen brought her dog, Merry, over last night who loves it here. She has lots of room to run and wants to go out back every time she comes. Merry plays with the puppy pretty well but she is so big that she doesn't know her own strength and hurts little Dakota.

Rhonda I don't know how you live there dodging tornadoes every spring. But then I guess we all have things we dodge where we live. Stay safe!

Pat how is your mom doing? Dont' worry about being productive everyday. Sometimes you just need to recharge your batteries.

Nancy enjoy your weekend up north. We are planning to take the boat out on Sunday. You did accomplish a lot yesterday.

Well I have to run. I have started and stopped this several times as Dakota keeps bringing me things from the laundry room. She even finds things under the couch and chairs and behind doors. Ugh! BigGrin
I_M_BLEST Offline
#2321 Posted : Friday, May 24, 2013 6:41:51 AM(UTC)
I_M_BLEST

Hello, hello!

It's getting to be a lonely place around here. Everyone seems to be so busy!!

Carrie, I don't think I could put up with those puppy antics. (too much work) I bet it is fun to watch though. Kind of like grandkids..hahaha.

Abby is moving slow today. I guess there was a pretty epic battle yesterday between her and a woodchuck. She took a beating but the woodchuck lost. DH had to go dig it up and get rid of it today. It was missing a leg...ugh...I hate to think where that is. OK...I bet that was a lot more than any of you wanted to hear. I just hope she doesn't end up with infections since we are leaving town tomorrow for a week!!

Rhonda, I am glad you will be seeing Amber Saturday, nice!! Hopefully the others can join you.
It's great that things are going well at work. Not surprised that you are handling things without a hitch, you are a very capable employee!!

Nancy, I am glad you get to go north for the weekend. Enjoy the time away. Hope the dock is not too much work.

We are going north too. We have a lot to put back together since we did so much last fall.
All the shades and curtain rods are down, two trees came down, the air conditioner wont' fit in the new window where it was so we have to figure that out, and then there is the unpacking all the linens and putting things back where they belong. It looks like my sister and nephew may be helping with the opening. The cousins may be staying a night at the in-laws place next to ours. It would be fun.

Man time flys!!! I now have less than an hour to get ready and pick up the convertible for the parade. (Serina's mom and I are the travel companions for the parade today. After that it is home to pack!!

OH!!! I have to share!! Yesterday I stopped at a yard sale that advertised craft items and there were Cricut carts. She was asking $15 for them but I got Straight from the Nest and Reminisce Accents for $10 each!! SCORE!!! The rest were ones I had or not interested in.
imnchghere Offline
#2322 Posted : Friday, May 24, 2013 6:57:43 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

good morning.. windy and wet following a line of storms last night. I managed to get a walk in yesterday, but Jim had to skip his. I am hoping I can get out in a while, but not looking too promising. Might have to be happy with a bike ride and maybe some Zumba moving.

I have not talked to my sister/mom this week. Today they should be driving down to my sister's house if all went well at the follow up appt yesterday. I am confident that if things were not going well, I would have heard from them.

Carrie, you have lots going on with all those pooches. How is Berkley doing otherwise? Not sure what bully sticks are, but they sound like a good thing.
I try to regroup everyday and move past things that just don't get done. I do need to keep pushing myself though with the purging/tossing. And staying on top of the yard work.

Rhonda, we are having a quiet weekend here. Plan is to attend youngest dgs's baseball game tomorrow, do what we can in the yard, and anything else we can do around here. That will be fun if you can get Cody and Drew to join you and Amber. I am glad that the job is working out better.

Paula, you always seem to have a lot going on at once. Hope everything goes well at the cottage. I have trouble with one house. Great score on the carts. I am not investing in any, even if they are giving them away. I barely utilize the ones I have.

Well,I need to get off the computer and put a load in the washer. Then I will probably ride the bike.

I_M_BLEST Offline
#2323 Posted : Saturday, May 25, 2013 6:29:42 AM(UTC)
I_M_BLEST

Good morning ladies!

I am pretty much packed and ready to go. Need to load the car. It is supposed to be cold the next few days. If we make it to 70 we will be lucky. with no heat or insulation it will be loads of fun.
Pat, I packed card supplies so hopefully I will get some made for CFS. :)

Lizzy, I hope your trip to TX went well.

No internet for me most likely. Unless I hijack someone's phone or something. Phones are a challenge for me so probably not.

Hope everyone has a good weekend and week!! =D
Flee57 Offline
#2324 Posted : Saturday, May 25, 2013 12:55:36 PM(UTC)
Flee57

hello Friends!

I hope you all are working on having an awesome holiday weekend. I am heading up to my sister's in Ft Wayne for a BBQ tomorrow. I doubt I'll spend the night because I'll have Sadie and the stairs are very steep there. I sleep in a room upstairs and then we all hang out in the basement. I'm not sure with her hip if she'll handle them. And she follows me everywher I go when we are at someone else's house. She would follow me up and down those stairs. And it's not like in MI where my other Sister lives in the boonies and have a huge yard where I don't have to worry about her. Kris lives in a subdivision with trees and a creek behind her...and hundreds of squirrels. Sadie would be chasing them all over. So anyway, we will just go for the day. I'm going because my Niece from DC will be there. I haven't seen her since we switched cars and I really miss her.

What's everyone's plans this weekend? I know Paula and Nancy are traveling north. I guess I am too LOL

Pat, I am really enjoying your flowers on FB. They are just gorgeous! I don't have a green thumb at all.

The job hunt goes on. I don't want to travel too far. No more showings set up. My alergies are killing me and I have a sty on my eye, which doesn't help with my runny eyes from the allergies.

that's all for now. I think I a going to take a nap. I'e not been sleeping because of pain in my feet at night. I think it might be that my 2 broken toes never healed right and I've got some arthritis. The only thing that works is a combo of ibuprophen and Aleve. I took a lot last night because it just hurt so bad. I just hope it doesn't upset my stomache. I am taking them with milk. Calling Dr on Tues. Need to make sure it's not neuropathy or that the bones are still broken. If they are, I'm going with the walking boot cast. I think that little boot I work last year didn't help at all.

Later!

Well, that's all. Not much going on here. Nothing to do. My house is spotless and my paper is packed.
imnchghere Offline
#2325 Posted : Sunday, May 26, 2013 5:07:16 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

Good Sunday Morning and Happy Birthday to Carrie. I hope you have a wonderful day. Any special plans?

Laurie, have a safe drive up to Fort Wayne today and fun at your sister's. Thanks for the compliments on the flowers. I really don't have much of a green thumb. The peonies are a number of years old and pretty much do their own thing. This year I would like to do some separating and share a few with family. I just need to figure out when I should do it.
Sorry you aren't sleeping well and having problems with your foot/feet.
Rhonda, I hope you have a nice weekend with whomever you gather together.

Going to be a quiet couple of days for us. Eldest is in NYC with her family and not sure what Kristen is up to. Didn't think to ask her yesterday at the ball game. I do know that Victoria has bb practice this morning.
I am going to make a point to call my sister today. Trying to get a plan is getting stressful and that is not good for my attitude about what should be a nice visit.

Spent part of the day yesterday looking into a new phone. I think it is time to upgrade to a smart phone, even though it really isn't an immediate necessity.

I still haven't printed out the old family pics I want to take copies of to CA. I at least want to take copies for my sister, as one is our Dad as a baby and the other is our grandmother on her first communion. I have already printed out some copies of records I want to share with my Mom.
Maybe I can do the pictures while waiting for it to warm up outside. The rest of the long weekend will be devoted to finishing up the garden and yard.

Time to get moving here.

rm920 Offline
#2326 Posted : Monday, May 27, 2013 8:52:30 AM(UTC)
rm920

Hope everyone is enjoying their Memorial Day!

Carrie, hope you had a wonderful birthday yesterday.

Not much happening here. Saturday was wonderful. It ended up just being Amber and I. We did some shopping, visited cemeteries and did a sewing project. Then just relaxed and chatted. I spent most of the day Sunday outside. I got all the yard mowed and all the flowers planted. Also did some weeding in the flower beds. Outside is looking pretty good right now!

Today is just relaxing inside. I have been doing some family research etc!

Enjoy your day!
QtnSasyCarrie Offline
#2327 Posted : Monday, May 27, 2013 12:39:14 PM(UTC)
QtnSasyCarrie

Puppy antics are still going strong. Dakota is a sweetheart but is hard to potty train. It's more like Chris being trained. She just woke up take her out. She is playing hard take her out when she's done. Pat bully sticks are made from cow tendons or the more chewable kind are made from the bulls unmentionables.

Rhonda sounds like you have a lovely day with Amber and got a lot done. I had a pretty good day yesterday. Thank you.

Pat thanks for the birthday wishes. I played golf and went out to dinner and then watched a movie last night. Pretty low key day. I think you should just make your own plan for going to visit mom. No use getting stressed about it. I love old photos and have lots of them thanks to my mom. Haven't done anything with them though. That sounds like a good plan for this coming winter. I'll have to check out your flower pics on FB.

Hope the rest of you are having a good vacation/visit with family etc. The rain has subsided and the sun is out so I need to venture out and check out the garden. The rest of the week will be going back and forth from the Memorial Tournament.

Have a good day.

Edited by user Monday, May 27, 2013 12:40:23 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

lizzyea Offline
#2328 Posted : Monday, May 27, 2013 10:20:46 PM(UTC)
lizzyea

Hi friends! I have rejoined you, my friends, after several very stressful days. We returned from Houston late Wednesday night to a very unpleasant situation. I will not go into it as it has all passed and we are back in our pleasant situation. We are making headway here, continue to pack and move things into our storage bins and out of the house. The tile and wood floors are down and the carpet will be laid this coming Friday and Saturday. Terminix is apparently waiting for building permits from the city and the new cooktop is to be delivered tomorrow and the hole cut in the granite on Friday. I think Frank will connect the cooktop but his son is getting married this weekend so I'm not sure how many days he will be out with the wedding.

Carrie, I did read on FB about the new puppy...but I didn't get to see the photo. I was surprised to hear of your new pooch...but now I understand it wasn't quite your decision! LOL

Laurie, I hope you had a good time up at Kris's this weekend! Safe travels. Do tell us how Caitlin is!

I have 19 more days of work. My first retirement soiree was this past week. It was the district's event and it actually wasn't too bad. They held it at the baseball stadium's diamond pavilion which is a pretty swanky place. It was very informal with hors d'ouevres and alcoholic beverages. The formal presentations were outdoors and the weather was fabulous. The district gave us each a lovely desk clock. The teachers union gave us a nice paperweight inscripted with the union's initials....yucky and creepy...mainly because I hate the union. Of course, as far as I'm concerned, I'd just as soon toss it right into the trash can!

This week, on Wednesday, is my work retirement party which should be really nice. Terry is going to it and I'm really looking forward to it.

Speaking of not sleeping well, I took a nap on Saturday after working all morning packing and moving boxes. My body hurt so much...every single joint hurt. I had taken four ibuprofen but it didn't kick in for awhile and until it did, everything hurt. Luckily since then, I've been fine although tonight I noticed my neck and shoulder hurt. Dang!

It was really swell seeing Sarah and Yashmin again! We had a nice dinner on Monday night for Sarah's birthday and then her graduation was on Tuesday. I finally downloaded all of the wedding pictures and they are so fabulous! I also uploaded my pics to her computer so now she and I have all of each other's photos!

Rhonda, I'm so thankful that you and your family is safe and sound following all the tornadoes. How frightening for everyone. Congratulations to your niece (grandnieces?) graduation from high school, too. I'm glad you and Amber had a good day on Saturday, too! How nice to spend a lazy day together!

Pat, it sounds like you will be coming out to CA pretty soon. Let me know if you need anything from me...like a pick up from the airport or anything. I'd like to see you if it works out.

Nancy, sorry the travel trailer/motor home didn't work out, but if you are looking, one will come your way soon enough! Just keep looking and be patient!

Paula, sorry about the migraine. Those have to be crippling, I'm sure. I haven't had a really bad headache in a long, long time.

Well, fans, I have to go here. I told Terry I would be heading to bed pretty soon. So, with that, I need to pack it in and head upstairs. Everyone take care.
Flee57 Offline
#2329 Posted : Tuesday, May 28, 2013 8:24:19 PM(UTC)
Flee57

Good evening everyone!

Rhonda, Nancy and Paula, I hope you aren't in the paths of thes storms. A friend of mine in MI said one hit tonight near her. I hate tornados.

Lizzy, I am so glad that things have worked themselves out and things are back on track. Was it weird to visit with Sarah as a married woman? Enjoy your parties!

Carrie, your new puppy is just gorgeous! hope the puppy stage doesn't last too long

Rhonda, how nice that you got to spend time with Amber.

So we had a showing today. haven't heard any feedback yet. My realtor usually calls them the following day. I'll contact her tomorow. i have come to the conclusion that I am done worrying about other things we can do. My Sister and Realtor told me I need to let go of all those thoughts. We can negotiate if we need to. So I have let it go.

Had a great time with family again. My Sister made a brocc/caul salad that I am now addicted to. Got to see Jalen 2 weeks in a row and got to see my Caylin. She brought her boyfriend. They seem serious. He just graduated law school and just got ajob with a firm in NYC. Caylin's job is in jeopardy, sort of. Everyone at he American Cancer Society has to reapply for their job or apply for another. she applied for one in NYC. Kris had just visited with Caylin in DC earlier this month but no one else in the family had seen her since Christmas. they wer all happy to see her.

My Nephew matthew is graduating next weekend. I am not going up for that but will be up there for her party on 6/22/ He said he'd rather have me up there for his party.

My Nephew Jordan informed me that he will fly to FL when we move and I can take him to Disney because his Mom never took him but she took Caylin when she was 3 LOL He also want me to take him the the Daytona 500/ Jordan is my Nephew that is 22 but has problems. I would give him the world if I could, so I will grant those wishes for him.

Well you're all caught up with my life. What's going on with yours?

Later!

Flee57 Offline
#2330 Posted : Wednesday, May 29, 2013 5:40:09 AM(UTC)
Flee57

Good morning everyone!

Happy Wednesday! Hope you all have a super fantastic day!

Lizzy, I read about the Irvine teens that were killed in that crash and they went to Irvine HS. How terrible for the community. Did you know any of the families? The story was about 1 boy that was supposed to go but his Dad wouldn't let him. Very sad.

Later!
imnchghere Offline
#2331 Posted : Wednesday, May 29, 2013 6:30:00 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

good morning.. it is it is warming up here big time over the next few days. I am not thrilled about the 90's, but it will be ok. Unless the little bugs are all in my face, my plan is to do some yard work. I would like to clean out under the deck and landing. It looks trashy in that part of the yard.

Laurie, I think the decision to stick with what you have already done on the house might be good. Jim & I are figuring out what we would need to do. My neighbor who sold last fall didn't do anything except clean it up really good. The new neighbor told me she took $1000 off for the mold on the siding (faces North). He rented a power washer for less than $100 and he and a buddy spent a day doing the siding and the deck which had NEVER been done. In that case he got the better deal. Sounds like your realtor will watch out for you.

Lizzy, I am so sorry about the mess you came home to, but you have moved past it and now less than 19 days to retirement. Then you will be able to fully shift your focus. Is there a target date to put the house on the market?
I am coming out to CA, probably in the next couple weeks and I appreciate your offers. Makes me wish I was flying into your end of the state just so I could see you and give you a hug. But I will fly into San Francisco. My sis will likely pick me up although I offered to take the airport shuttle into Santa Rosa. We will have to work that one out still once I get a date.

The other project I am working on right now is my fabric. I want to go through it and get rid of most of it. My days of sewing to make money are pretty much over. And seriously hoarding fabric is not necessary.

I need to get busy here. Going to wander out to the pond and feed the fish. That will tell me what the gnat situation is.

Flee57 Offline
#2332 Posted : Wednesday, May 29, 2013 7:34:08 PM(UTC)
Flee57

good evening Friends!

Pat I laughed at your fabric hoarding. I was a hoarder. See a pretty fat quarter, I'd buy it. I got rid of all my fabric. I even got rid of the fabric that I was going to keep. It was christmas fabric and I was making a tree garland (cutting fabric into strips and double knotting them on jute. I knew if I kept it I wouldn't finish it so I got rid of that too. I love pretty fabric as much as I love pretty paper! Are you and Jim thinking about selling? I'll tell you what improved the look inside my house the most. The new paint and the crown molding. Both pretty simple and not too expensive. So how was your gnat situation today? We had a gorgeous day here today. D did a lot of yard work and I think he got too much sun and over did it. He is very achy and freezing tonight. He did take some aleve a cople hours ago and he said he's feeling better.

The next town over has a new dog park. I might take Sadie this weekend. I'lll see if my Friend Tess woould like to bring her dog. It's at the beginning of a walking/biking trail that goes all the way to the next town. I've never been on it because it's down by the river and very secluded and I don't want to walk it alone. They say it's a very pretty trail

Job search is still going on. My realtor offered me a job working for her. It's only 4 hrs a week but she pays $10/hr. That's money in my pocket. I can still look for work too. She needs someone to do her mailings, keep her database updated, keep up on her website, etc... I think I'm going to do it.

Later!
Flee57 Offline
#2333 Posted : Thursday, May 30, 2013 3:26:37 AM(UTC)
Flee57

good morning and happy Thursday everyone!

The showing went ok. The house is too small for them so they aren't interested. The realtor did leave comments. Said it was a nice house and he thinks it will sell but says the price is too high. Also said the clients complained of a pet odor and suggested cleaning carpet or burning a candle or air fresheners. Was rated a 3 out of 5 again.

My list for the rest of the week...

1. Buy a plug in air freshner for each room

2. Take Sadie for grooming (I think the shorter hair will help)

3. Vac with some pet deoderiser powder

4. Menu and groceries on Sat

5. Finish up the long list I had a couple weeks ago

Not too bad of a list. I think I can handle it between now and Sunday

So what is everyone up to today? Any great weekend plans?

Later!
imnchghere Offline
#2334 Posted : Thursday, May 30, 2013 10:52:51 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

good afternoon everyone. Laurie, I am like you about pretty paper and pretty fabric. I can say I haven't bought any paper in well over a year, with the exception of the CM Breast cancer set and some ivory cs for the SU ornaments I did last fall. Oh and of course the papers for Lizzy's wedding pages we did.
As for fabric, I haven't bought any of that in forever. Until last summer, I was still making tea cosies to sell. And much of the other fabric is from when I did American Girl doll clothes. That market has been flooded and I have no reason to make them now. Well, now and then the dgd's ask for an outfit. But there is a lot to get rid of and I will sort it and do just that.

Am I correct that the comments were the buyer's agent? At least those are easy fixes. My neighbor smoked like a chimney and lived in her house for 12+ yrs. I was shocked that they were able to get the smell out. It made me ill to go visit her.

I need to put together a list for the next 3 days. I have been sloughing and putting things off. It will be a long list, but part of it will be for Jim.
Flee57 Offline
#2335 Posted : Thursday, May 30, 2013 2:09:42 PM(UTC)
Flee57

Pat, it was the buyer's agent. I think the problem is that Sadie still lives here with us. It smelled all nice and lavendery when they finished but she's still here. getting rid of her of course is not an option so I am hoping that getting her cut short will help. she has so much hair right now. it's easier to give her a bath when she's short too. the first people didn't say anything but they came the day after Stanley Steemer.

I took a nice little nap this afternoon. I got up at 5:30 this morning and just suddenly got too tired to keep the eyes open. I think it was about 2 hrs. It felt good.

Later!

Edited by user Thursday, May 30, 2013 2:10:34 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

QtnSasyCarrie Offline
#2336 Posted : Thursday, May 30, 2013 4:13:11 PM(UTC)
QtnSasyCarrie

Wow is it ever quiet here.

Laurie I would have never thought of pet odors. Thanks for mentioning. I will pack that thought away for a needed day in the future. I think for the most part the comments you've had are positive.

Pat Have you settle on a trip day yet? I am a fabric horder too. I think it goes with the territory. I used to make Jenna's dresses when she was little.

Lizzy sorry you had a mess when you got home. How are things progressing now?

This puppy is a major handful. Chris wants to send her away for a 5 day training session. Sounds heavenly to me but when she is good she is an angel but it doesn't last long enough. I went to the tournament today and going to lunch tomorrow with a friend. Then more tournament this weekend.
Nancycs Offline
#2337 Posted : Friday, May 31, 2013 10:24:01 AM(UTC)
Nancycs

Good afternoon!

I am so sorry I have been MIA! It looks like I am not the only one! LOL

Carrie I think pet training is sometimes a must. I suppose the 5 day training would make it easy for you. I know our local vet does trainings, but you bring them with you weekly and then you work on it at home as well.

Laurie that is great you have at least 4 hours a week. It sounds like it would be flexible too. I have used that pet deodorizer when I had carpet. It did help.

Pat the people we bought our house from were smokers too. There was no smell but when they moved out and we moved in we had to repaint because it yellowed the walls. We didn't notice it until we moved in because the pictures were off the wall. Will you still make tea cosies?

Lizzy only 16 more days now! It sounds like this next week will finish up a lot of the work. Will it just be the Terminix work then?

I hope all is well with Rhonda and Paula!

We had a great weekend up north. Our dock just needs a little more work and then it will go in. After that we will redo our property to flatten in some.

Tomorrow we will be going to a fundraiser for a 4 yr old little boy who was diagnosed with stage 4 neuroblastoma in March. He is my neighbors cousin. I have donated some things for the silent auction and we will go for lunch and the guys will get haircuts too. We will probably buy raffle tickets and bid on a couple of the auctions. They got a huge amount of donations for that. I think they will have a good turnout.

Have a great day everyone!
Flee57 Offline
#2338 Posted : Friday, May 31, 2013 7:44:40 PM(UTC)
Flee57

Rhonda I know you have bad weather tonight. Nancy, I'm not sure if you are in the severe area. I know Paula, Carrie and I are.

Stay safe everyone!
lizzyea Offline
#2339 Posted : Friday, May 31, 2013 10:31:07 PM(UTC)
lizzyea

Hi friends!

The retirement party on Wednesday was so special. It began with my 4th grade friend, Lily, having her class do a dance for me. Then, four of my students recited a poem about a teacher in the classroom. Next, a friend, Lesley, got up and told about all the things she has learned from me. Last, my friend, Kelly, spoke about my dedication as a teacher. The overall theme was how much I cared about my students and gave endlessly of myself to them, saw to their total needs, etc. I was in tears much of the time. The refreshments were great, ice cream sundaes! Afterwards, Kelly, and three other friends, and I went to El Torito for drinks and dinner. We had a great time there, talking and laughing! What an evening!

I continue to teach, work on projects for Open House, and work on those deadlines. Right now, I need to grade writing, plan lessons for next week, and make sure I am on track for everything else I need to get done. I'm not feeling too stressed, but I cannot become complacent in my staying on top of the tasks.

There are only three more weeks of school....15 more days. It's going to FLY past, too! I would like to get a good grip on deadlines and make sure I don't miss a single one.

As for the house, the granite is finally cut, the cooktop is ready to be installed. The carpet is being installed right now (well, today and tomorrow). The Terminix issue is still in limbo. A special customer service representative from the corporate office is supposed to contact us sometime Monday or Tuesday, though, so hopefully we can get moving on that issue. Once the kitchen cooktop and carpet is finished, all that remains (except for Terminix) is the kitchen painting, some minor painting here and there around the house, and lots of CLEANING and the rest of the packing. If I weren't working, I could finish it up in a week. However, it might take longer given I am working and it's report card/open house time.

Since the carpet guys will be here tomorrow, I may spend the day at a coffee shop working on my tests and drinking coffee. The Starbucks on my corner is super busy and not terribly conducive to working; the once a bit further away is small. I wish there was a large, quiet one nearby.

I just looked at the clock, trying to figure out why I am so tired...it's about 10:40...so no wonder I'm about to fall asleep. So, having said that, I am going to sign off and hit the hay. I'll be back tomorrow.
rm920 Offline
#2340 Posted : Saturday, June 01, 2013 5:35:12 AM(UTC)
rm920

Good morning all...

Hope everyone is staying safe in all the severe weather everywhere! So far no severe weather here. Both my brother and sister in Oklahoma were near the damaged areas but they were lucky again.

Lizzy, sounds like you had a wonderful day and evening with friends. And the house projects keep marching towards completion as well. Sure hope you can get some resolution from Terminex. Are you any closer to deciding where you will be relocating to ?

Nancy, glad the visit up north was a good one. Will you be doing the "flattening" on the property yourselves? Hope the fund raiser today goes well.

Carrie, I think the training might be a good thing. How are the other dogs getting along with the new addition?

Laurie, are you going to help the Realtor? It is not many hours but would be something to keep you busy for a bit. Did you get your list completed? Maybe I need to make a list for myself. I have many things I want to get done but never seem to get them done!

Pat, I also laughed at your fabric hoarding! My mother was a fabric hoarder as well. I found fabric stored all over the house! I don't know what she thought she was going to do with all of it. But it all sold very quickly at the yard sale.

This morning I need to get the oil changed on the trailblazer. While they are doing that I will go across to Walgreens to pick up a few things. Also want to sweep/mop floors. I hope to get the mowing done as well this afternoon so that will leave me all day tomorrow for scrapping and/or research.

Enjoy the weekend!