Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

kkiddle201024b33d08 Offline
#1 Posted : Sunday, May 26, 2013 7:33:31 PM(UTC)
kkiddle201024b33d08

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I'm having quite the time with this! I searched all over and nobody else seems to have the same problem, which makes me think I'm doing something wrong. I go to cut, set the settings, and everything seems fine. Then I get the "load the mat" message. The only problem is that my mat is already loaded. I've plugged--unplugged, reset, reloaded, restarted Craftroom,restarted my computer to no avail. Any ideas? I'm running Windows 7, if that matters. And it's a new mat. Also, I made a cut moments before so I really don't understand what I'm doing wrong!
Cricut Dani Offline
#2 Posted : Sunday, May 26, 2013 8:01:07 PM(UTC)
Cricut Dani

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member, Circle Moderator, Cricut Community Moderator

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 15 post(s)
Originally Posted by: kkiddle201024b33d08 Go to Quoted Post
I'm having quite the time with this! I searched all over and nobody else seems to have the same problem, which makes me think I'm doing something wrong. I go to cut, set the settings, and everything seems fine. Then I get the "load the mat" message. The only problem is that my mat is already loaded. I've plugged--unplugged, reset, reloaded, restarted Craftroom,restarted my computer to no avail. Any ideas? I'm running Windows 7, if that matters. And it's a new mat. Also, I made a cut moments before so I really don't understand what I'm doing wrong!

Hello Kkiddle,

We would like to recommend trying to install the driver for your machine. You can do this by following the steps below.

1. First you will want to log into your Craft Room and then open your project.

2. Once your Craft Room is open you are going to go up to the Help option

3. Under the Help option you will find Install Drivers. We would like to recommend selecting the machine that you have.

4. It should then open up a new window that will walk you through the installation process. Please follow those steps.

If after doing the driver install you are still unable to get the Craft Room to read your device we would like to recommend contacting the number below where one of our representatives will be happy to assist you.

1-877-7CRICUT 7am-6pm M-F MST

-Cricut Dani

#3 Posted : Thursday, May 30, 2013 11:13:16 AM(UTC)
kkiddle201024b33d08

Thanks for the reply, I already tried that. Craft room recognizes my machine, it just doesn't recognize that the mat is already loaded. Does that make sense?
#4 Posted : Thursday, May 30, 2013 2:53:47 PM(UTC)
kkiddle201024b33d08

If anybody is having the same problem, I just got off the phone with support and they helped me fix it. You need to add CCRBridge.exe, Cricut-Craft Room.exe, and DriverUpdater.exe to your anti-virus exceptions. Call support for help.
Thanks!
 1 user thanked kkiddle201024b33d08 for this useful post.
Narelle on 5/30/2013(UTC)
churchweca57d90a2 Offline
#5 Posted : Thursday, December 12, 2013 12:29:52 PM(UTC)
churchweca57d90a2

I couldn't load my mat through the Craft Room but loaded it manually - same problem. Turns out I had updated to Windows 8.1 and needed an update.
You are on 8.1 if the windows logo got added to the lower LH corner of your desktop. To correct - close the CCR, then open a browser to www.cricut.com. Go to Craft Room - Downloads- Windows 8.1 Update for PC and download/run the update.
nessakaimoa92f21cf Offline
#6 Posted : Thursday, May 08, 2014 10:01:54 AM(UTC)
nessakaimoa92f21cf

I am also having this issue--I tried adding the exceptions, tried searching for the Windows 8.1 update to no avail. This is really disappointing. I spent a lot of money on a machine that does not work.
Cricut Tamara :) Offline
#7 Posted : Thursday, May 08, 2014 10:55:41 AM(UTC)
Cricut Tamara :)

Groups: Circle Moderator, Cricut Community Moderator, Registered

Was thanked: 128 time(s) in 82 post(s)
Originally Posted by: nessakaimoa92f21cf Go to Quoted Post
I am also having this issue--I tried adding the exceptions, tried searching for the Windows 8.1 update to no avail. This is really disappointing. I spent a lot of money on a machine that does not work.

Hello

We would like to recommend trying to install the driver for your machine. You can do this by following the steps below.

1. First you will want to log into your Craft Room and then open your project.

2. Once your Craft Room is open you are going to go up to the Help option

3. Under the Help option you will find Install Drivers. We would like to recommend selecting the machine that you have.

4. It should then open up a new window that will walk you through the installation process. Please follow those steps.

If after doing the driver install you are still unable to get the Craft Room to read your device we would like to recommend contacting the number below where one of our representatives will be happy to assist you.

1-877-7CRICUT
7am-6pm M-F MST

Cricut Tamara