Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

skyinva54 Offline
#1 Posted : Friday, June 07, 2013 1:18:59 PM(UTC)
skyinva54

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Hi,

I have never been able to use CCR because when it starts to load to do a firmware update an error message box comes up and says. "CCRBridge.exe has stopped working." The problem event name is BEX. I have uninstalled and reinstalled this program 3 times now and I'm just about ready to give up.

The version firmware currently on my Cricut Expression is 2.32. The last time I tried to upgrade the firmware, just now, it made it to step 2 before the BEX error came up and then again everything stopped. I don't understand why this is happening. This is a brand new computer. My Adobe Air is current. Everything that is supposed to be current is. I'm just about to give up on this and use the Cricut the best way I can without Craft Room.

Susan
sewnmachine Offline
#2 Posted : Friday, June 07, 2013 3:31:59 PM(UTC)
sewnmachine

Was thanked: 346 time(s) in 231 post(s)
Try disableing your firewall and antivirus just for the few minutes. It all might work. Then if it does you could go back into your antivirus and add the "exceptions" for the antivirus doesn't block the program. Or.... do that first.
sewnmachine Offline
#3 Posted : Friday, June 07, 2013 3:39:43 PM(UTC)
sewnmachine

Was thanked: 346 time(s) in 231 post(s)
If you pm me with your email address I can send you the 2 file attachments that Tanya in customer support sent me regarding this problem. I followed her directions and it worked like a charm. Or, I'm certain the same instructions are somewhere here on the message boards.....I just can't say where off the top of my head. But basically it comes down to adding an exception to your antivirus program for CCR. I think she also sent me specific instructions for how to use CCR with Windows 8.

Customer support is closed now for the weekend so just let me know if you want me to email you the instructions.
sharon322220aa41b Offline
#4 Posted : Saturday, August 31, 2013 9:48:20 AM(UTC)
sharon322220aa41b

Hi, new to the cricut world, was trying to upload the new software, and i keep getting the same error:
404 - File or directory not found.
The resource you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

HELP? I have the Cricut expressions.