Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

16 Pages«<678910>»
housefullofrotties Offline
#211 Posted : Tuesday, June 04, 2013 5:39:02 PM(UTC)
housefullofrotties

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 37 time(s) in 36 post(s)
Phyllis~Enjoy your dinner! Glad you had a nice day. It is so sad to lose our pets so soon. Av has been gone almost four years now and it still hurts my heart. Especially with Lita slowing down (she's 10.5 now). Your brother must be feeling better to be asking about golf!!

Deb~You and your friend have really done a lot of work in a short period of time. Good job! Enjoy those rolo bars and the pie! H will be in heaven!

Good night!

Jess
Nana22Nina22 Offline
#212 Posted : Tuesday, June 04, 2013 6:55:53 PM(UTC)
Nana22Nina22

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 17 post(s)
Thanks for the compliments on the pages. I actually scrap lifted the idea from my SIL. Not sure why the pictures show up sometimes and not others... Wacky MB....
Gramma - Glad to hear your good news and hope the freckle stays a freckle. Are you still not going to play golf this year? DH now plays 4 days a week.... One day is league play. He has one day of 18 holes and the rest are 9. The course is almost in walking distance from the house and gets him out of my hair for awhile.
Jess - those fur babies do tug the heart strings. I did a scrapbook on our dogs and whenever I look at it I get teary. The boat is coming along. A bunch of stuff that DH had ordered came in today so he is all excited. I ordered the lettering for the name today - Bayou Rose. I was going to do it myself but the cost of the really good vinyl wasn't worth the effort... Oh and I have yet to get a ride! 10 people? Maybe Brad could let them use his new fancy shed for a few nights?!!
Deb - Sounds like the apartment is coming along. Don't over do things though... How is the new recliner working? Yay for the hummers!
Pat - Pretty hibiscus! I didn't realize your Chamberlain Society was the the Civil War Chamberlain. He is one Greg's favorites - being from Maine and all. One of our prints is from the Prejepscot Historical Society -- Chamberlain at Petersburg.
Renate - Holy Moley on the car wreck. That could have been really bad.....
Phyllis - Glad your brother is home and well enough to fret about golf. Funny about the dogs waiting for treats. Sammy does the same thing. She'll hang around until I clean up the kitchen.... Just in case!
Watching some baseball - not going well...
Got my hair cut today and little bits of it keep falling on my iPad
Joanne
imnchghere Offline
#213 Posted : Wednesday, June 05, 2013 6:13:29 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

Was thanked: 99 time(s) in 77 post(s)
good morning... one more beautiful day, then some tropical moisture is heading our way. Could be more heavy rains, so I have got to get the plants in the island. There are 2 dozen and hopefully they won't take too long. Last night Jim & I walked after dinner. It was one of my better walks in a long time, but I had to push myself.
Gramma, good news on the eye. I have a freckle on my left eye. It has been there as long as I can remember.
Phyllis, what do you put in your hobo dinners? I've not done any in a long time on the grill. I often do fish and veggies. How are the shop projects coming along? I never did do anything with the sign idea for Jim's cousin. Too much else going on for me to concentrate.
Deb, I hope you got some relax time last night. I know how finishing one part of a major project feels good, but then there is the next part to deal with.
We had such hopes for the kitchen/dining room re-do until the gov't financial problems came into play. Now I am trying to work with what we have and do things ourselves.
Jess, that was a nice $$ find for you. I am excited when I find a couple $$ in my pocket.
Joanne, small world on Joshua Chamberlain. One of our members portrays him in Gettysburg all the time and will be taking our group on a walk to the place where he is buried when we are in Brunswick. Our society is all the C'lain lines. I have never been to ME, but many of our members have.
Well, I need to get busy and see what I can do about planting those flowers. Then I can get back to the 2 piles of papers that need sorting.
Have a lovely day everyone.

Dbson Offline
#214 Posted : Wednesday, June 05, 2013 7:11:09 AM(UTC)
Dbson

Was thanked: 58 time(s) in 52 post(s)
Good cloudy Wednesday morning to you all.....

Renate that is very scary about the car crash......sad people do NOT understand drinking and driving don't mix. And our city just adopted Sunday alcohol sales a few weeks ago.....

Joanne the pics sometimes show for me and other times won't. Not sure, might try another computer.

Jess I hope to get the pie made after hubby and I get home from Kohl's, he is looking for some tennis shoes and I have a 30% off coupon too. I may come home with some new things too....woohoo on the $$$ find.

Got a 3 mile walk in this morning, friend came by to get all her tools....need to clean up the counters in the kitchen, paint the bathroom and get the walls vacuumed down in the next couple days. Going to take my time for sure......

Have a great day and I will check in later......
Nana22Nina22 Offline
#215 Posted : Wednesday, June 05, 2013 12:00:03 PM(UTC)
Nana22Nina22

Large tropical mess is headed our way. DH is getting in his 18 holes of golf so I went out and got some things off the boat and dock just in case. May have to raise the boat a bit as they are predicting higher than normal tides etc. Hurricane season started Sunday so here we go....
Pat - Greg was born in Maine and we both went to college up there. Really pretty part of the country. Have friends who own a camp on Bailey's Island just off the coast of Brunswick. Mailing my cards this afternoon...
Joanne
RGK Offline
#216 Posted : Wednesday, June 05, 2013 6:51:47 PM(UTC)
RGK

United States

Was thanked: 36 time(s) in 27 post(s)
Good evening Ladies,
I read all the posts but there was so much I can't remember it all. Pat, did you get the flowers in the ground? You haven't mentioned gnats yet, are they leaving you alone? Sorry about your nixed kitchen plans, I can totally understand your situation.--Seems like there is somebody driving into a house or store every time you turn around. I'm sure it's human error (stupidity) most of the time. How's your paper pile coming along?
Gramma, glad about the 'only a freckle' in your eye. Have you recovered from your busy time with the family?
Phyllis, I don't know what a hobo dinner is, maybe I know it by a different name. Sorry about all the expenses for fixing things heading your way. Is DH well enough to help you with the shop things?
Deb, wow you are getting so much done. I agree you probably need to take a break and get some rest. Will the recliner get to stay in your house? Yes drinking and driving are a bad combination. Had she done this during hours when people were on the road she could have killed someone. I wonder if she is out of jail, you never hear more about it. Our Sundays are dry too, no alcohol sales.--I got a 1-day credit coming for the service interruption. More important to me is that the reps get better training and not blow off their customers.
Jess, woo hoo on the found treasure. Is there anything left over after Brad gets his shed? Letting the guests stay there is a great idea. Please don't overdo the prep for their visit. Hope everything gets done for the Stamp Camp.
Joanne, be safe with the storm heading your way. I love the name of the boat, hope you get to go try it out soon. I want to start the album soon, but the yardwork has taken up so much of my free time, and when it's done I am beat.
I walked around the block twice tonight, not very fast as it is getting humid. Walked at work too, need to get back to a regular routine. Oh, gas is $4.25 today. Good night to all, Renate
#217 Posted : Thursday, June 06, 2013 12:42:10 AM(UTC)
housefullofrotties

Happy Thursday! I have internet this morning so I'm off to a better start than yesterday. And of course I'm my exhausted self. Hope everyone has a delightful day!

Jess
Dbson Offline
#218 Posted : Thursday, June 06, 2013 6:44:04 AM(UTC)
Dbson

Good morning. No work for me at the apt, just need to do some clean up work for now.
Joanne hope the storm will pass on by.....keep us posted.
Pat are your plans for CA still in the works?
Jess you are going to be busy with all those extra folks in your house....
Renate good for you to get something 'extra' from your provider.....recliner is a winner this time, so far. Gas is 3.13 here today.....what a price difference...
Gramma are you golfing this year?
Phyllis how are things up your way?
My friend took a spill yesterday in her backyard/lawn mower, she called and I went down and helped her get things off a trailer....she is all bruised/sore but we did walk this morning....I got 3 miles in, she was moving really slow.
Hubby and I are off to church and get the bulletins done, then drop Gracie off at home and out to eat. He had carried her to the vet this morning, she is still sick and tummy sounds are terrible. He gave her a shot this morning....hope it will fix her up.....
Hope everyone has a great day and I will check in later....
Nana22Nina22 Offline
#219 Posted : Thursday, June 06, 2013 12:16:38 PM(UTC)
Nana22Nina22

Greetings from Wet and Wild Florida ! Storm is not as bad as Debbie was last year. Just enough to make things exciting. My real concern are the beaches. We lose a lot of beach/sand with these storms and it is expensive to replace. We need to keep them up as they are one of the state's big sources of income. VA DD and family are coming down in a few weeks. Last year they were here for Debbie so I hope there will not be a repeat....
Hello to all who stop by! Pat you will probably see some of this stuff soon so you stay safe too!
Joanne
RGK Offline
#220 Posted : Thursday, June 06, 2013 6:46:32 PM(UTC)
RGK

United States

hello ladies,
Deb, glad you took a day off at the apt, but other things kept you busy. Sorry your friend got hurt, is she the one who is helping with the apt? Poor Gracie, hope she feels better soon. Has she lost any weight? She is so tiny. $3.13- wow that is a huge difference. The high gas prices keeps people from spending their money on other things, it's a no-win situation. I wonder when the oil companies will run out of excuses for the huge increases. They are not willing to take a loss.
Jess, glad you got your internet back, hopefully for good. Get some r-e-s-t this weekend.
Joanne, one storm down, hope not many more. Glad it wasn't as bad as it could have been. I didn't know beaches are fixed after the storm. How do they fix them?
Pat, Phyllis, Gramma, hope you are all well.
I sprayed for ants around the foundation of the house this evening and plugged weeds. The spraying was on my list so now I can cross it off. The weeding will be on the list all summer. Need to fix my food for tomorrow and then turn in. Good night, Renate
#221 Posted : Thursday, June 06, 2013 11:37:43 PM(UTC)
housefullofrotties

TGIF! I'm looking forward to this work week being over! Have a great day!

Jess
imnchghere Offline
#222 Posted : Friday, June 07, 2013 8:31:43 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

Good morning and TGIF for Jess & Renate. It is going to be a wet one here all day, through the night and into the weekend, as Andrea moves up the coast. It is being met by a cold front from the west that is adding more rain. So far it is mostly light rain with occasional heavy downpours, but so far no t'storms. A real ground soaker, which is good.
I have read everything, but most of it flows in and right back out. I did get the last of my plants in the ground yesterday before the rain picked up. I wish I had been able to get a walk in, but didn’t finish outside in time. I didn’t ride the bike either. That was 2 days in a row, so today I am going to try a little Zumba and a little bike. Sunday Jim & I are going to try to go walk around the lake. It is such a nice walk and we will then go to brunch at the café we went last time. I like that we can walk together to start, but he can break away from me but we can see each other across the lake. And I love the benches along the way.

Deb, I think you asked about the CA trip. I am still working on that, but need to talk to my sis to follow up on her latest thoughts. It all depends on Mom’s progress or lack of. I was going to call last night, but it got too late. I have to think about the time difference.
So sorry to her Gracie is still having tummy problems. Is it possible she is *getting into something* maybe outside? I know you are a responsible pet owner and are careful.

Renate, until yesterday, I had not noticed the gnats. I have to wonder if the humidity attracts them. I do like that they aren’t under the cover on the deck, so I will be able to ride out there and be on the computer. Eventually if we get it enclosed (BIG if), I can enjoy the deck even more, like when it is breezy. Otherwise, I have papers flying everywhere.

Well, I need to work on my pile of research notes today, or Jim is going to tell me I am on my own and he is through trying to help me. Plan is to sort the pile into family groups and go with the stuff I would need to know in CA first. Wish me luck LOL
Hello to everyone. Any big plans for the weekend?

Dbson Offline
#223 Posted : Friday, June 07, 2013 12:52:36 PM(UTC)
Dbson

Hello from a wet Alabama......had a good down pour, still a light stream coming down. We were going to Gadsden, but not in the wet.....

Worked in the apartment for a while after my morning walk. Didn't get but 2 1/2 miles in this morning, just could not get motivated...things are getting put away, hung the roll up shades, tomorrow may get the bath room painted. Hope to buy some items to finish out the decorating next week.....some things in the kitchen can't be done til the stove goes in....

Pat hope the weather allows your Sunday walk/brunch. Gracie still has a sore throat per the vet. She doesn't get out unless we are with her and have been keeping her out of the apt too....think she just can't shake the bug...sort of like my sinus issues just linger...good luck on the pile of papers.

Renate it is the same friend....she is all black and blue.....one bruise she showed me this afternoon looked just like the shirt she had on.....

Hope everyone has a great rest of their Friday, I need to finish my coffee and get a shower....later.
#224 Posted : Friday, June 07, 2013 4:41:49 PM(UTC)
housefullofrotties

Good evening!

Joanne~That's a good boat name! Hope everyone and everything is safe. Maybe the weather will be good to you and you can get out on the boat!

Pat~Seems like everyone has had a mix of good and bad weather. We're in the mostly bad group. Someone had made a joke the other day "I hope summer comes on a Saturday this year!". Today is the first day in a week that it hasn't rained. Only 20% chance today and tomorrow and back to rain next week. Good for you and Jim for taking walks. I'd be in for that if I caould get Brad to go. I'll keep my fingers crossed that you can do the kitchen/dining room. Wihing you luck on your pile sorting!

Deb~Did you spend some time in the kitchen? Did H get to enjoy a new treat? It's hard to pass on those 30% coupons. Hope your friend is feeling okay. Poor Gracie. IS she doing any better? Could her food need to be changed?

Renate~No money leftover on the shed...extra money out of pocket for it! Still working on stamp camp, about half done. How is the yard looking? Always more and more that can be done, right? Yikes on the gas. We're up to $3.99.

Phyllis and Gramma~Hope everything is well with both of you.

No rest for me this weekend. Went into work early and worked late, ran a couple hours worth of errands (why do I always have so much running around to do??). By the time Brad got home I had just put stuff away and had to help him get everything loaded up for the chateau. After he and Lita left I spent two hours working in my room. Took a dinner break and checking in. Going to work for a few more hours and then get some rest. Tomorrow I need to do a little around here and then I have a baby shower locally and after that I have to go up north for another graduation party. I'm staying over so I don't have all the driving in one day. Bad headache today and nothing has really made a dent in it. With a neck ache and a lower back pain that I've had for a few weeks I think it's stress. I'm hopeful a good nights rest will help. Have a nice evening.

Jess
~Phyllis~ Offline
#225 Posted : Friday, June 07, 2013 9:47:36 PM(UTC)
~Phyllis~

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Good early early morning to everyone. Wow, I'm really behind on everything, I'll do my best to catch up. Things around here have just been hectic. I finally made the decision to call in an electrician for the electrical work, things were just not working out with DS and DH so I made a corporate decision. He will be here Tuesday to give us an estimate and I know the $ will not be cheap, woe is me, too much money going out lately. My friend and her DS will be here tomorrow for a couple days. I spent half the day yesterday on the phone getting things straightened out and called our waste pick up company and told them I was canceling and going with their competitor. They said what rate could they offer to get me to stay so I quoted the amount they had to meet and they went below them which was a whole lot cheaper than what we were paying (about a 60% drop). I couldn't believe how they can lower your rate if you complain, they just sock it to you if you don't complain. The gal admitted that, the sweaky wheel gets the oil. Just amazing how they can do this. OK off my soap box.

Jess, looks like a busy weekend for you, hope that headache is gone and you may need to have that back and neck pain looked at by a Dr.

Deb, it was very wet here yesterday too, lots and lots of rain but today has been beautiful. Hope your friend is OK from the mower accident. Hope Gracie can knock these problems with her throat and tummy. I think Cody is getting worse, he is doing the gagging thing a lot more and sometimes his breathing seems like he is struggling. I am going to take him back and have him checked again, he was doing better at first but I'm not so sure now.

Pat, good luck on the pile of papers. Did you do the Zumba. The walk at the lake sound like some good time spent together and relaxing.

Renate, hope the ants are on the run now. My friend said their gas in Ft. Wayne today was $4.19, I didn't really pay any attention when I was out today but it's probably close to that, ours usually run a few cents less than theirs.

Joanne, hope the weather has calmed down for you. I'm like Renate, how do they fix the beaches, haul in more sand? I guess I never thought of that problem. I haven't been to the beach in years, we need to get back down there before we get too old to go. My DH has relatives in New Port Richey.

Well it's time for me to start heading for bed, I need to get a little bit of cleaning done before my guests arrive, although she told me not to worry about my house so maybe I should just leave it like it is LOL.
Nana22Nina22 Offline
#226 Posted : Saturday, June 08, 2013 9:15:01 AM(UTC)
Nana22Nina22

Happy Saturday...
Reports from the beaches are good. Although some are still damaged from last year's storm there was no additional damage.
Renate - yes, they replace the sand and rebuild the dunes. They actually pump sand from the bottom of the ocean miles off shore. It is expensive and obviously is not a permanent solution. As I am typing this there is a show on the History Channel on how they do it !!!
Deb - How is Gracie? And your friend?
Phyllis - I didn't realize Cody is sick too. Good for you getting the cable (?) company giving you a good discount! I guess the savings will be going to the electrician... Never ending.... If you ever come down to NPR let me know - it is just up the road from me :)
Pat - Nice that you and Jim can walk together. I should get off my fanny and walk with Greg and Sammy.
Jess - Sorry to hear about your aches and pains. Hope they ease up and you can enjoy the weekend's activities.

The boat lettering came in and I installed it this morning. Looks pretty good and again I used my scrap cr***p to get it done! Well I am off to sort through the plethora of life jackets. We have a ton and there was a bunch with the boat. Some are too small for anyone and others just need to be tossed.
Hope all the fur babies get to feeling better. Enjoy the rest of the weekend.
Joanne
#227 Posted : Saturday, June 08, 2013 10:19:09 AM(UTC)
housefullofrotties

Happy Saturday!

Phyllis~Hope your electrical estimate isn't too bad. Good for you for saving money on the waste company. Sorry to hear Cody isn't improving. I wish they could tell us exactly what is wrong with them so we'd have a better chance of fixing it. have fun with your friends.

Joanne~Glad to hear no further damage on the beaches. Funny that you're getting rid of life jackets and Brad is watching rummage sales to pick up a few more!! You'll have to share a picture of the boat with 'Bayou Rose' showing.

No fear of aches and pains slowing me down! The headache and neckache are better than they were. I slept 9 1/2 hours last night and could have slept more. Busy since I got up and am leaving in a few minutes. Two stamp camp cards are fully prepped and some good cleaning done!

Hope everyone has a nice weekend!

Jess
Dbson Offline
#228 Posted : Saturday, June 08, 2013 4:47:10 PM(UTC)
Dbson

Happy Saturday evening to all.
Joanne glad your boat is all named now....glad the storm wasn't as bad as last year.....
Phyllis boo to Cody not being up to par, hope you can fix him up and make him comfortable. Sorry about the electrical stuff too....always something to take our money. Amazing how you can save money when you complain.....
Pat hope you got that pile of papers taken care of. I saw on FB you got a new phone, you will be a pro in no time.
I am still learning my iphone, took me a couple hours the other night to set up my email.......one place shows 'optional' for a password, had never added my p/word there....finally got it entered and saved, now emails send fine. I was getting emails all the time, just could not send them....
Jess hope you have a good weekend, you are always so busy....
Renate when are the kids due to visit? Sent you an email this evening too.....
Gramma how are you?
We got a full size bed/frame this morning, medium grade....now for sheets/bedding...got my chair and table salvaged from the building and worked on the table. It is wobbly and needs some 'help', more than I can fix. But it is all cleaned up, stained and ready to attach to the legs. Tomorrow guess I will work on my chair. We used this chair when we were kids and played 'school'. It just needs a little TLC. I have some pics of the apt work if anyone is interested. Won't bore you with them here....

Edited by user Saturday, June 08, 2013 4:52:47 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

RGK Offline
#229 Posted : Saturday, June 08, 2013 5:12:21 PM(UTC)
RGK

United States

Happy Saturday evening everyone,
I read all the posts and trying to remember what I read. Pat, a good soaking is good for the plants, makes the grass and weeds grow faster..The walk around the lake sounds great, almost like you two are on a date :) hope you get to do it often. Are you making progress on the sorting of papers? I'm sure the closed-in deck will give you many enjoyable hours outdoors without getting eaten up by the bugs.
Deb, does Gracie have allergies? Hope she finds some relief soon. Our Moses has allergies or bronchial something. He coughs a lot when he is active. The meds don't help much. He's had this all his live and used to get steroid shots but they are dangerous. I'm about to get a second opinion from a different vet.--Sounds like your body is telling you to slow down some. Hope your friend recovers from her bruises soon.
Jess, sorry there was no money left over for you, was Brad happy to get his shed? Yes, the yard work never ends until it gets cold out again. You are right on our heels with the gas prices. Today it is $4.08. I think they said the whole Midwest was affected.--Today, at Costco, they had Wisconsin cheese for sampling. It was so good. They had blocks of hard cheese that you can cut into cubes. I thought of you since it came from your home state. Kick your headache out of the house!!
Phyllis, good for you for getting a cheaper deal. Did you tell your neighbors to complain as well? We don't have a choice, our water/sewer/trash pickup bill is all in one. Sorry about the unexpected electric cost, but with electricity I would want a professional too. Poor Cody, seems like our pooches are having a rough time. You're right, wished they could tell us what's wrong. I saw a few ants in the kitchen and put some stuff out for them. Hope spraying around the house will keep them out of the house.
Joanne, I never heard of the beaches getting 'fixed' like that. Can't really fight Mother Nature though. My last visit to a beach was at FWB on the Gulf coast. My cousins live there. Glad your boat is now properly named. Picture please!
Deb, I saw you were on and sneaked in while I'm typing. Kristen and kids are on the way. Eldest son's gf went there yesterday to drive back with her and help with the kids. Daddy will follow next weekend. I will take a day off here and there, they will split their time here with us and her dad. I'll check my email in a few.
I mailed 2 CFS boxes this morning. Got a second unit through work and sent her only 150 cards. She does not even know about us yet but I was told she and her unit are happy to get stuff from home. Took Moses to his groomer, he is all spiffed up again. Got my hair cut too. Then trimming in the yard and putting down mulch in the flower bed.
Hello to Gramma. Good rest of the evening to all. Renate

Dbson Offline
#230 Posted : Sunday, June 09, 2013 6:18:07 AM(UTC)
Dbson

Good morning, think some rain in the forecast for the day.
Renate I know you are excited to see the kids again.....enjoy your time with them.
Hello to all that drop in today, I need to eat and get ready for church.....later....
RGK Offline
#231 Posted : Sunday, June 09, 2013 5:29:00 PM(UTC)
RGK

United States

Just a quick check-in, hope everyone had a great weekend.
Deb, DDIL and kids made it, they are at her dad's. We'll see them soon.
Jess, have a good week at work.
Renate
#232 Posted : Sunday, June 09, 2013 11:34:15 PM(UTC)
housefullofrotties

Happy middle of the night! I hope Monday treats everyone well!

Jess

imnchghere Offline
#233 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2013 6:42:21 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

good Monday morning, if there is such a thing. I am starting to not like them, because it means Jim goes to the office and I lose my sounding board and muscle.
I will not be able to catch up here, so I won't try.
Weekend went pretty well, but I did have Jim pushing me along. He was also trying to get a head start on his day job. BIG meeting on Wed, to be ready for.
Fri, I got a new phone. This was purely a luxury purchase, since my old phone worked fine for making calls. I think I might go to their free class on Wed. A few things I am learning just by playing with it, but there are some features I want to know before I travel.
CA trip has been scheduled and I am sure it is not going to be without issues, based on conversation with my sister yesterday. I could tell she is at the end of her rope(s) and I try to take that into consideration when we talk. I also try to understand Mom's frustration with the slow healing of her back. I am still not sure if the steroid injection in her hip has worked.
So I leave on the 20th, and will be gone just under 3 weeks. Pretty sure it is going to be a LONG 3 weeks, but something that has to be done. I am going with a positive attitude.

Still have my pile of papers. Spent the weekend getting the society newsletter ready to go in the mail today. Jim & I also cleaned up some other society odds/ends.
We ended up going for a *lake walk* yesterday and then having dinner. Not a long walk, but a good one for me and that is what I need to be doing.

Joanne, your cards arrived on Fri I think. I need to get the new theme posted. I will probably just repeat this theme with bright colors.
I also need to get an appt to get my hair cut. But I am going to wait until we have a NON rainy day this week. I think Wed, might be my best shot.

Phyllis, I hope the electric quote isn't too painful, but I understand hiring the job out is sometimes necessary.

Renate, enjoy the family while they are there.
Jess, I hope Monday is good to you.
I need to post this before the MB times me out.

Gramma Offline
#234 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2013 8:32:07 AM(UTC)
Gramma

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Greetings from rainy WNY...
Hope things are going well for everyone in the Castle. Pat: have a safe trip and enjoy as much as you can. Hellos to Deb, Phyllis, Jess, Renate and Joanne. I'm scurrying trying to recover as much as I can from the flash drive disaster. I won't be able to recover even a third of it.Crying

Hugz,
Gramma
#235 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2013 11:37:19 PM(UTC)
housefullofrotties

Hi all! I hope everyone is doing good and getting lots done. Everyone always has plenty to do in this group! Have a delightful day!

Jess
Dbson Offline
#236 Posted : Tuesday, June 11, 2013 7:25:40 AM(UTC)
Dbson

Happy Tuesday to all.....a busy week so far here....cleaned house all day Monday and it is spotless. I was feeling sick after supper last night and I hit the recliner for the rest of the night. Friend got the bath in apt painted, no luck with bedding yet....this morning met hubby at shop to drop off his truck, on the way I found the peach man and got two baskets of fresh Chilton County peaches....yummo...hubby got m/h out to swap out wheel covers, one was broken when the tire man opened the box and now the dash a/c won't work after $400+ of work done on it, so he is off to the shop again...we are headed out tomorrow for 2 or 3 days to watch Caleb in a basketball summer camp. Hair cuts for us on Friday afternoon, hubby's 50th reunion on Saturday, kids coming to eat Sunday....boy oh boy....I better get busy.
I have read all the posts and will get back on later this evening I hope....
imnchghere Offline
#237 Posted : Tuesday, June 11, 2013 8:22:01 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

good Tues morning from me also. After way too much rain yesterday and then a line of nasty storms in the evening, we are having a beautiful day. I have so much to do and already spinning in my tracks. I am going to take a walk to clear my head and make a better plan for today.
Working on being ready for the trip is my priority.
Deb, you have a busy next few days. Sorry about the m/h issues. What a pain.
I need to get an appt for a hair cut this week. I also need to look at my clothes to see what I will pack. At least I will have access to a washer/dryer at Mom's.
I finally went through the stack of note papers and pulled the ones I might care about while in CA. I will worry about the others when I return.
Gramma, I remember reading that you are only going to be able to recover a small portion of the lost files. I know that makes you ill feeling.
hello to everyone else. I will check back later.
Dbson Offline
#238 Posted : Tuesday, June 11, 2013 2:57:11 PM(UTC)
Dbson

Afternoon....ran a few errands, hubby got the a/c fixed on the motor home...just a small 'o' ring issue. Went to Ross and got a comforter set and sheets, best day since it is senior day too. Now to pick up a few pillows and rugs and that room will be finished.

Pat hope you can enjoy your trip, maybe a bit of relief for your sis will help.

Phyllis any word on your electrical needs yet?

Gramma so sorry about the file loss, never a fun thing for sure. I have 2 external drives and several thumb drives with files on them. Good luck with recovering what you can....I know it is sickening...

Jess how are you? I saw your 'no a/c' for your work....did they get it fixed? It is 89* here at almost 5pm but feels like 95....very humid....

Renate enjoy the kids....

Joanne how is your weather? Boat rides on the schedule yet?

I am off to get a few more things loaded in the m/h. We have to leave by 8 as the first game is at 11 and we have a 2 hour drive. Not sure how the service will be, got a hot spot with my phone so I may try that out. Have a great evening and will try to catch all the posts while gone....later.....

imnchghere Offline
#239 Posted : Tuesday, June 11, 2013 5:56:59 PM(UTC)
imnchghere

Deb, I am not sure if you will check back in tonight, but I hope you have safe travels. Enjoy the game(s). I see it is a summer camp, so maybe it is just showing what they are learning.
Glad the m/h was just a minor issue. That had to be a relief.
Well my sister called this afternoon and it seems Mom had a change of mind and they will come down to my sisters to get me. That is a huge relief. Not sure what happened, but I am glad. One less thing on my mind to deal with.

Got a nice walk in this afternoon. A little faster and a little further, so that is good. Not sure what I will be able to do at Mom's, but I will figure out something.

Phyllis, I hope the news from the electrician wasn't too bad today.
Renate, when I went through the pile of scrap papers, I found one from when we met up with you at Castleton Grill. Had their phone number and also the address and phone for the State library.
Well, I need to check out shuttle bus that I will catch at the airport. It will take me to the small airport a mile from my sister's house. She thinks it runs every hour, so we will see.

Hope everyone is having a good evening.
RGK Offline
#240 Posted : Tuesday, June 11, 2013 6:10:32 PM(UTC)
RGK

United States

Good Tuesday evening,
Well I finally met her, our newest family member. She is gorgeous and perfect. They came over for a couple of hours before going to meet DD and BF. Tomorrow we'll spend most of the day together. DGS is cute as ever. He headed straight for the case with matchbox cars we keep in the closet. Never forgets anything...
Gramma, hope you can save as many files as possible. Did you take your computer in to see if they can recover your files? Not sure if you said so.
Pat, you'll be busy getting ready for your trip. I know you are going with mixed feelings, but hopefully you'll have a good time too. Glad you splurged and got yourself a new phone.-I see you typed faster than I did. Thanx for the comment on the hummer. I hope I'll see it again. How nice that you came across the scrap paper from 'Castleton'. I think of you sometimes when I'm up there. A's has changed some. They added the photo memory store and offer all kinds of photo services. Phyllis, I wonder if it was added in your store too?
Deb, trouble seems to follow you. At least fixing the m/h was kind on your wallet. Have a good time at 'camp'. Glad the room will be 'done'.
Jess, probably snoozing already. How has your week been?
Hellos to Phyllis and Joanne.
Renate