Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

16 Pages«<7891011>»
Nana22Nina22 Offline
#241 Posted : Tuesday, June 11, 2013 8:12:44 PM(UTC)
Nana22Nina22

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 17 post(s)
Good Evening All
Weather has been typical Florida with daily thunderstorms. We have needed the rain badly but it does mess with outdoor activities such as Greg's golf.
I am trying to get my head around my next projects - there are several in the works but I don't have a clear vision on any of them. I have a 2 day crop coming up and am not sure what I will be doing. Maybe some cards.
Pat - I hope you will have a good trip to CA. Hopefully it will be a pleasant visit. Glad to see you got my cards. As you can see, I got a "beach theme" in my head.... Hope you get the knack of your new phone soon. I am waiting for our contract to be up so I can get a new phone. Mine works fine but I reeeeeally want an iPhone :)
Gramma - so sorry about your flash drive. I am with Renate about taking the whole mess to someone to see if they can find your files.
Deb - I guess you're on your way to baseball camp. Hope you are having a good time. Glad the M/H was an easy fix. You are sure making strides on the apartment. I bet you'll be glad when it is all done. We are trying for a boat ride on Friday. I wanted to take a pic of the stern with the name for you but Greg got the cover put on before I got a chance.... Bought some GA peaches at the store the other day - they're pretty good but probably nothing like yours -- Mmmm!
Renate - have fun with your kids and give that grand baby lots of lovin'!
Jess - It'll be MOW by the time you read this so have a good one. Did they get your A/C fixed at work? I finally got to turn ours on since Greg is done running in and out for the time being....Still trying to come to grips with Tebow now playing for the Pats... I am an FSU fan and Tebow played for our in-state rival University of Florida. I am glad he got picked up by a team just not mine LOL!
Ball game is over so it's time for bed. Sleep well
Joanne
~Phyllis~ Offline
#242 Posted : Tuesday, June 11, 2013 9:24:49 PM(UTC)
~Phyllis~

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Good late evening everyone. It's still a constant madhouse around here. Our guests went home yesterday, electrician was here today but they will email me the quote tomorrow. I'm so anxious to get all this over with. New cable system went in yesterday, the guy was here for 8 hours, what a day. The dogs just couldn't figure out what was going on. Scooter is afraid of strangers but since this guy was here for so long he almost warmed up to him, guess he thought he had moved in.

My brother is home and doing well but they did an MRI before they released him from the hospital and discovered that he did indeed have a light stroke. He is doing good but still has some numbness in his hand which is getting better but he decided to drop off his golf team for the season because right now he can't grip the golf club good enough.

Joanne, hope your weather doesn't interfere too much with Greg's golf game. If I ever get down to NPR I will indeed try to meet up with you. Cody has an enlarged heart and it's taking a toll on him, he is on meds to shrink it but I'm really worried about him. He did better at first but his breathing when he gets excited is scary.

Renate, glad you got to meet your new DGD and your little DGS is adorable. Yes our A's has the photo memory lab but I don't use it. I'm afraid A's is going in the wrong direction with their reorganization. I hope they dont' end up like most company's who are in Chapter 11 bankruptcy. They closed the Ft. Wayne store but our store is one of their best stores so I'm told.

Pat, glad you are getting your CA trip finalized. 3 weeks is a long time to have to pack for but since you will have laundry facilities at your Mom's, should be OK. I'm on pins and needles waiting on the quote for the electrician, should get it tomorrow.

Deb, have fun on your trip/camp. Looks like you're coming along good with the apt. I don't know if my house has ever been spotless, LOL. Bummer on the M/H issues. I can sympathize with you on the cost. It seems my money is going out faster than it's coming in.

Jess, hope your a/c at work is fixed by now. Hope you have a good MOW day. Are you having summer yet up there?

Gramma, hope your computer issues are able to be fixed.

I'm so far behind on posts that I can't scroll down any further, sorry if I missed anything.

housefullofrotties Offline
#243 Posted : Wednesday, June 12, 2013 12:47:14 AM(UTC)
housefullofrotties

Was thanked: 37 time(s) in 36 post(s)
Happy MOW to all. I'm so busy I can't see straight! Or maybe it's because I'm so tired!! The A/C at work is not fixed, the part will be in today and they'll get it installed at some point. It got up to 86 while third shift was working Monday night, 82 when I went in at 3:00 am and up to 84 when I left at noon. It was in the low 80s here yesterday afternoon so I can't imagine what it's like in there. Fortunately I like to be warm! I was the only one not melting! Hit snooze this morning so I'm behind. I'll check in after work. Have a nice day.

Jess
imnchghere Offline
#244 Posted : Wednesday, June 12, 2013 5:11:15 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

Was thanked: 99 time(s) in 77 post(s)
good morning castle peeps. Going to be another gorgeous day here I think. I am going to work on my pile of scrap note papers today out on the deck. I also want to walk a couple times. I am regretting not pushing myself to walk when I had the chances earlier this year. So much easier to just cop out. I won't have as much incentive while in CA. Jim & I tend to push each other and that helps both of us.

Phyllis, I was sad that the A's in FW closed, since we have meetings there periodically at the library. I wish we had one here, because HL, while better than M's & J's, doesn't have the scrapbooking selections. Fortunately the scrapbook store in Gettysburg is the same distance as HL. Of course it does make it easy for me to not spend money.
I sure hope the electric quote doesn't crash your computer when it comes.
Good to hear your brother is doing well. I am sure he will be back on the links soon.
Renate, I know you are having a good time with the new baby. How long will they be in your area?
Joanne, typical FL weather for sure. Jim & I have talked about a trip to FL to see some of his family that is in your area. We also have some friends in Jupiter that always want us to come visit. Hope you can get ready for your crop. I should be good for the one in August. I have a lot of page kits ready to finish up. Big thing will be gathering the papers.
Gramma, how is the file retrieval going? I reminded Jim that I want to back up my laptop before I go to CA and I also want him to put the content of my travel thumb drive on my cloud.
I am getting excited to finally see the pictures and album my Mom acquired last fall. I hope I am able to scan them with no problem. Jim usually does most of the scanning.
Jess, so sorry about the AC issue at work. Hope it gets fixed today.
hello, to everyone not mentioned. This has turned into a rambling book.

Edited by user Wednesday, June 12, 2013 5:13:29 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#245 Posted : Wednesday, June 12, 2013 11:48:32 AM(UTC)
housefullofrotties

Hi everyone! Trying for a quick catch up!

Deb~I'd like to see the apt pictures! So glad you got the A/C fixed. Hope you're off to a good start today. Ought to be a nice time just getting away.

Renate~A second opinion from the vet sounds like a good idea. Yes, Brad is happy about his shed. I was happy he was happy until I found out the base he wants to make for is going to probably cost more than the shed.Mad No relief in gas prices here. How about you?? Believe it or not, I don't even like raw cheese! I'll eat in pizza, lasagna, doritos, mac 'n cheese, etc. But never just a piece of cheese---not even a cheeseburger!! Hope the spraying did the trick on the ants! Hooray that you were finally able to see DGD in real life. Hope you are still enjoying the visit (I'm sure you're in heaven!!)!

Pat~Sorry you're not liking Mondays either! Woohoo on the new phone! I love mine (iphone), even though I am not using it to its full abilities. I'm glad you're trip is scheduled and I hope it goes well. Good visiting and good research. Jim is sure going to miss you while you're gone! Are you stocking up the freezer with meals or is he pretty self sufficient? Good to see you're enjoying the walks.

Gramma~Oh no on the flash drive. This technology stuff sure can be frustrating!

Joanne~Glad you're getting the needed rain. Sounds like Greg needs some indoor projects to keep his mind off golf! Ha ha on your Tebow/Pats thoughts! I do wonder how that will all turn out. I think he's got the talent, maybe just more one on one time. The NFL moves at such a dofferent speed than the NCAA.

Phyllis~Hope things have settled down in the madhouse. Please remember to sit down when you see the electrical quote. Eight hours to install the new cable?? Holy cats! Glad they were able to get the results for your brother even if it's not the best news. So glad he's recovering but too bad that he has to miss out on golfing.

The usual here. Busy. Still working on stamp camp. Prepping for this last card is ablout killing me. I think I need to send you all my cards so you can put me in my place if I make a PIA one! It's all the work on the kits that have me fit to be tied!! This card has a base, a layer, an embossed layer, two framelits, four stamps and ten puncheds on each card. Six of the punches also have a little spot with a signo pen on each and of course an inside piece. It's never ending!! The air was fixed at work shortly before I left for the day. Who knows when it'll be back to normal temperature. I did fine but everyone else has been miserable. I will say being warm (82-84) made me even more tired! Brad has another dentist appointment today. he is so frustrated with the whole process. He's lost another two implants so they're going to try another procedure starting today. After today he'll have to wait 3-4 months and then they're trying a different type of implant. And of course this is more money we have to pay.Crying I have work to do! Have a good day!

Jess
#246 Posted : Thursday, June 13, 2013 12:35:34 AM(UTC)
housefullofrotties

Have a happy Thursday! I finished all my prepping at 8:00 last night! Woohoo! Hope the day treats you all well.

Jess
Dbson Offline
#247 Posted : Thursday, June 13, 2013 2:42:10 PM(UTC)
Dbson

Was thanked: 58 time(s) in 52 post(s)
Hello to all....we got home last night, the 3 games for DGS were going to run way late....today was a 2 on 2 or 3 on 3 type of camp....that's okay too....we came home by way of Boaz, which once had lots of outlet stores...sadly it has gone the way of many stores.....looking for Easy Spirit....yep, it has closed too. But it was just a few miles out of the way on the way home so no biggie...stopped by Tuesday Morning and then by DQ for a Blizzard. Also found a nice road side veggie stop...got a cantaloupe and watermelon...need to get those cut tonight....

I have worked most all day in the apt picking up, putting away, cleaning the window in the bath room of the paint, etc. Still evidence of a 'critter' but I decided it must be a roach(es) and sprayed...yep one huge one was trying to get out of the way....he is now belly up in the grass.....then I set a fogger up to finish the job....I cleaned off the carport, washed it down, removed the two bird nests, sadly all the blue bird babies were still in one nest....moved all the excess items to their proper place and all I lack is putting away some paint and washing down the swing....yippee....

Jess I love cheese of most any kind......but not on a burger......hope your work day was good. Thanks for the compliments on the apt, it is really taking shape...still need to pick up a few anchors for the mirror and shade for the bath....boo on the shed cost....always something....and the teeth issue for Brad too....

Pat hope you got that walk in today.

Phyllis how is Cody?

Renate glad you finally got to hold that baby...have fun...

Gramma any luck on the lost files?

Joanne when do you leave on your cruise?

I am off the get a shower...didn't walk this morning....probably won't tomorrow unless I get up early. My friend has started her part time job this week and has to be there at 5:30 in the morning....

Have a great evening, I need to find something for supper too....

Edited by user Thursday, June 13, 2013 3:48:20 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

RGK Offline
#248 Posted : Thursday, June 13, 2013 6:55:50 PM(UTC)
RGK

United States

Was thanked: 36 time(s) in 27 post(s)
Good Thursday evening castle mates,
We had a storm last night, Derecho. DH said it was so windy the house seemed to shake. I don't know how but I slept right through it.
Joanne, glad you got your needed rain. Hope DH finds an indoor to-do list to keep him busy!!
Phyllis, oh no to all the extra expenses. Was he afraid to tell you how much it would be so he is sending it to you via email?? Glad your brother is home, could have been better but also could have been worse. I asked at A's about the closing. Seems the lease had run out and it was too expensive to renew. I asked about the photo addition, they do a lot of scanning and seem to be doing ok. I hope your fears are unfounded, but you never know.
Jess, glad the a/c will be cooling the place down. Should help with the mood in the place, don't you think? Yikes, the card sounds like a lot of work. You are prepping all the pieces right? Glad you got it done. Sorry to hear about the upcoming dental bills. Is that a common problem with implants? Will the shed have to wait? I grew up with cheeses from different European countries, so good. I don't put it on hamburgers often, though. Hope your Friday work hours go by quickly and without drama.
Pat, busy with the trip plans. Glad you can do laundry while in CA. I need to go through my pix, lots of duplicates, and then get a cloud acct too. Hope you and DH get back into the walking spirit. Did you get our storm?
Deb, I have to admit - my house is never spotless but I do what I can. Glad you had a good trip. How did Gracie like the traveling?
I spent several hours with DDIL and kiddies yesterday. Went to Monument Circle (downtown) and enjoyed the outdoors, hot at about 90 degrees. It did not take DGD long to train me, she likes to be held, walked, rocked...She is so cute and sweet. DGS is always fun to be around.
Back to work today and swamped...Cut the grass after I got home and got stung by some kind of bee right below the eye. I think it lives in the garden hose holder and got mad when I tried to crank up the hose. I headed straight for my face and sounded very angry. I put vinegar/baking soda paste on my face. It took hours before it stopped hurting.
I am dragging and better get ready to turn in. Hello to Gramma...Good night...Renate
#249 Posted : Friday, June 14, 2013 12:35:18 AM(UTC)
housefullofrotties

TGIF! Have a fabulous day! Renate, ouch on the sting. Hope it's ok.

Jess
Dbson Offline
#250 Posted : Friday, June 14, 2013 4:55:42 AM(UTC)
Dbson

Good morning to all.....I have become a sorry walker this week.....best get my rear up and back to the track Monday.....need to check the apt this morning for any dead critters.
Got a sad email from my cousin last night, they lost their 8 yr old lab on Wed to a brain tumor. Thought she was getting better from a round of meds, but took a turn for the worse and passed.....he knows how we love our babies....they are the same way....
Renate sorry about the sting, hope it is better today, boo to work and yea to holding the baby and seeing DGS. Gracie is taking to 'riding' very well....she sits up and begs to go....she is doing better...
Jess are you all booked up for a full weekend again?
Phyllis sorry about your brother but glad it wasn't worse. We are getting an 'updated cable' system in the area and got my two free boxes the other day. Got one hooked up in the apartment yesterday.
Pat hope you are all set to travel soon....
Gramma and Joanne hello to you...
I am off to get a cup of coffee, the paper, pick up the house and go run the bulletins. Hair cuts after lunch and a stop at the grocery store for the rest of my Sunday food needs....
Have a great day.
~Phyllis~ Offline
#251 Posted : Friday, June 14, 2013 1:52:39 PM(UTC)
~Phyllis~

Good afternoon everyone. Still haven't heard from the electrician's estimate, I called them yesterday and they said probably today, but nothing so far. These delays are getting on my last nerve, it's hurry up and wait. Angry I'm waiting on the vet's office to call me back. I stopped there this morning to pick up his meds and talked to his technician, she thinks there's probably water around his heart and lungs. She was going to talk to the Dr. and get back with me. They will probably put him on a diuretic and there's some precautions with that too. Sad ETA, just got a call from the vet's office and he wants to listen to his heart before prescribing any more medicine, some dangers due to all the meds he is already on, so I'm taking him in tomorrow morning.

Deb, good to hear the apt. is about done. Hope the bug treatment took care of those critters. Sorry about your cousin's dog, I fear we will be facing that before long with Cody. I've already had one break down today over that thought. Glad Gracie is doing better. This new cable/phone/internet system we had put in is doing fine except it took 3 days to get the phone voice messaging straightened out but all is fine now.

Renate, guess you got more of the storm than we did. Some parts of Cinci got hit hard but we only got a normal thunder storm, no damage. Glad you're enjoying your new GD, Grammas know how to spoil them, LOL. My brother is doing good but on some high dollar medication for the rest of his life. There just seems to be no break for people who are on a fixed income, our wages don't ever go up but everything else does. I think Obama would just like to see us all die off. Sorry, don't want to get on a soap box, LOL. How is the bee sting? It sounds like a yellow jacket (that's what we call them), the sting lasts forever.

Jess, glad you finished your prepping and your office place is cooling down. I love cheese on everything, even my hamburgers. I must be a cheesehead and don't know it. Bummer on Brad's dental work. Dental work is so expensive even if you have dental insurance.

Pat, my friend who lives in FW has a gift card for A's and has to come down to our store to use it, she is not happy that it closed. I think I have too many craft stores near me, I have had to slow down a lot though, just don't need more stuff. Hope everything is working out for your trip to CA. So much to do and so little time seems to be the motto lately. I loved the picture of your front porch on FB, I love the rocking chairs. Every time we go to Cracker Barrel I am tempted to bring home one of those chairs.

Gramma, hope things are going well with you.

Joanne, are you going on another cruise? I must have missed that somewhere.

Guess I had better get off here and see if I can make anything of this day. DH is fishing, I was kinda glad to get him out of the house today, he has been sick so hasn't been fishing in about 2 weeks.
Dbson Offline
#252 Posted : Friday, June 14, 2013 2:26:35 PM(UTC)
Dbson

Phyllis I am so very sorry about Cody, I know how it hurts......big hugs.......hope the vet can give him some meds and get relief. Boo on the waiting....I am not a patient person either....

I got my food for Sunday's meal, picked up 4 pillows, a couple towels and a rug for the apt bath....supper is cooked, hair cuts done and I am thinking about washing my nasty car....we had a little rain last night but not the big storm we thought we might get....

One of the ladies that had attended the big February retreat I go to passed away yesterday, only 42 years old...so very sad...left 4 kids and a hubby. She had battled cancer for about 7 years and finally said enough.

And hubby's best friend from school called Wed night, he had just returned from MDAnderson in TX, they gave him very little hope for his cancer. It has spread, he is so weak they can't give him chemo at the present time. If he can build up his body, they will start at a later date. He isn't ready to give up yet.

Hello to all that drop in, I need to finish my coffee and move my car to the carport in the shade.....

Have a great rest of your Friday......
imnchghere Offline
#253 Posted : Friday, June 14, 2013 10:03:01 PM(UTC)
imnchghere

I was on my way to bed and decided to stop by the castle and try to catch up. It was a beautiful day here and I was able to spend some time on the deck with research papers I want to work on in CA. I will have some quiet time in the evenings with nothing to do. Mom watches a lot of reality shows and QVC. Nothing I am interested in, so I can do work on data stuff and be there to make a comment now and then on a show.
Jess, Jim is pretty self sufficient, but I am going to try to leave him with a few things to make it easier. The past couple weeks we have been pushing each other to walk and I am hoping he won't cop out if I am not here. He said his goal is to do a 10k which is just over 6 miles.
Phyllis, I am sorry to hear Cody is not doing so well. It has been a long time since I lost a pet. Like 20 yrs. We didn't replace them and for us that was a good choice. I hope the vet can come up with something to help him feel better.
Deb, sounds like the apt is close to being finished?? There is an addition being put on a house down the street from us, that I would love to have. They have the same model we do. If only I could win the lottery.
Renate, how much longer will the family be close? Glad you are getting plenty of *spoiling time* while you can.
Joanne, I think I read that y'all are taking the boat out this weekend?? Have fun.

It is 1am so I am calling it quits. Will try to check in tomorrow. Going to be another really nice day.
~Phyllis~ Offline
#254 Posted : Saturday, June 15, 2013 10:02:38 AM(UTC)
~Phyllis~

Just a quick check in. Took Cody to the vet today and his prognosis is not good, some other complications due to the heart so enlarged pressing against his esophagus and some inflammation. Just treating him now to make him comfortable, his time is limited. He took him off the Cushings medication since that is not going to make a difference at this point, that's the least of his problems. I am just hoping he goes in his sleep so we won't have to make that decision but we shall see, it depends on when we know he his quality of life is gone.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend. I think I am going to go out and about for awhile to free my mind a bit. I had a major break down at the vet's office.

For anyone who doesn't remember, Cody is the white dog in my avatar picture.

Edited by user Saturday, June 15, 2013 10:04:29 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

RGK Offline
#255 Posted : Saturday, June 15, 2013 4:47:56 PM(UTC)
RGK

United States

Hi everyone,
Phyllis, my heart goes out to you. Yes, we all love our fur babies. There is no real way to brace yourself.--Glad your brother is doing ok, sorry he has to stay on meds forever.--Glad your storm was not bad. Did you finally get your estimate?
Deb, your apt is about done, that is great. Any dead bugs? So Gracie knows what she needs to do to go along for the ride...sorry about the loss of the lab, the loss of the friend and the bad prognosis for DH's friend. Seems like sad news are all around.
Pat, DS is coming tomorrow. I don't know yet how long they will stay. They will stay at DD's apt while she and bf are on vacation. We'll have the dog while they are here. I hope the fires in CO will be out soon. That's where they will be heading. Glad you'll be able to work on your stuff while keeping your mom company. I haven't had any more spoiling time but will have some Monday and maybe tomorrow.
The sting is ok. I will pull the water hose off the reel. It's still partially pulled out on the lawn and I'll grab the far away end and give any other critters a chance to get away. I don't know what kind of bee or whatever it was, happened too fast.
Hello to Jess, Joanne and Gramma...wherever you are this weekend.
Renate
#256 Posted : Saturday, June 15, 2013 6:37:58 PM(UTC)
housefullofrotties

Hello!

Phyllis~I am so very sorry to hear about Cody. I know you'll make his time as comfortable as possible and shower him with love. You'll all be in my thoughts and prayers during this sad time. My heart hurts for you. It's not very professional of that company to not have the estimate yet. That would make me think twice about them. I don't mind you being on a soap box! Having dental insurance is better than not but ours only pays $1000/yr max. Sadly we've paid out almost 20x that. What do ya do?? He needs teeth! Hope DH is feeling better and I'm glad you got a little alone time.

Deb~Glad you had a nice, even if it was short, time away. Wish you had better luck shopping. Hope you got rid of the uninvited guests in the apt! I had thought about walking last night, didn't happen. So sad to hear about your cousins dog. It just makes me sad how our pets give us so much mentally and emotionally and they're taken from us so soon and then the world is full of so many crappy people who live long lives. Sorry to hear about your retreat friend. This is a long time to battle that horrible disease. I hope she's at peace now. Also sorry to hear of H's friend. I hope he's able to get to a point where they can do chemo.

Renate~Glad you're enjoying all your family time. Are you taking lots of pictures? My house is never spotless either! I try, but I can't keep up. No, not a common problem with implants, although it does happen. The infection that comes with gum disease is just worse in some people. The latest xrays shows one side of his mouth is doing real good with the bone graft. Hopefully it takes this time on the other side. How's the sting?

Pat~Late night for you last night! Glad you were able to get some deck/work time in. Makes it a little less like work, eh? Maybe you and Jim can walk together while talking on your cells and catching up with each other each day. Good luck to him on his goal!

I've had a really productive couple of days. About 10 more minutes of work and I'll have all the stamp camp extras done and this month will be put to rest. I made my 4th of July cards for family and have a good start on a few personal cards I needed to do. Thursday evening I realized I didn't have Father's Day cards together. I had some in my stash/sale bins but couldn't remember what I had sent to them in the past.Glare I was able to make up some along with a couple extra. I visited w/my FIL for a bit yesterday and will talk to my Dad tomorrow. I've done a little cleaning, but not as much as I had hoped. Maybe in the morning I'll get a bit more done. Back to the hockey game! Have a good night.

Jess
imnchghere Offline
#257 Posted : Sunday, June 16, 2013 5:38:13 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

good morning and Happy Father's Day in the castle.
Phyllis, I am so sorry that the news for Cody is not better. I know this will be rough for you. I had to make the decision for our cat, but the dog just went to sleep.
Yesterday was pretty good. We got the mulch all put down and ran a couple errands. I had a find a grave request for 2 headstones so we took care of those. Nice really old cemetery. We also ended up doing a short walk in the evening.
Today Jim is going to try to get the lawn mowed and Preen put down in the beds we mulched. I have some chicken that needs to be put in the freezer, but first I need to rearrange the stuff in there. I am sure there are a few things that can be thrown out. I will do that while Jim mows.

Jess, glad you got stamp camp under control for this month. My house is never spotless either. I wish it were and I try to be inspired by Deb, but it doesn't happen.

Renate, Jim's cousin had to evacuate from the fire in CO. Packed up the important stuff and took it to a friend's after sending his wife/daughters to family in AL. They are able to return now and their house/contents are ok.

I need to stop for a bit here and help Jim. I will be back later to catch up more.
Dbson Offline
#258 Posted : Sunday, June 16, 2013 9:35:14 AM(UTC)
Dbson

Happy Sunday.....just waiting for the family to arrive. Everything is ready....pork, chicken, hot dogs, deviled eggs, cole slaw, baked beans, eclair and cake for dessert. My bro will drop by later to get something I think.

Will check in later....
#259 Posted : Sunday, June 16, 2013 11:35:49 PM(UTC)
housefullofrotties

Happy Monday! It came a little too soon for my liking!

Pat~Sounds like your Saturday was productive, hope Sunday was as well.

Deb~Hope you had a nice visit with the family.

Jess
imnchghere Offline
#260 Posted : Monday, June 17, 2013 6:40:14 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

good morning. Hope everyone had a good weekend and a nice Father's Day. Sunday was a continuation of Saturday. Jim got the lawn mowed and then he worked with on scanning. When I get going I am fine, but when there are breaks I quickly forget. I also want to be prepared for any problem I might encounter. So today I have *homework* so to speak. As well as other things to take care of. I have 3 days counting today. I know I will have mixed feelings about this trip until I get there. Hoping Mom has improved a little more since I last spoke to her/sis.

Deb, your meal yesterday sounded yummy. We grilled chicken and veggies and added a tossed salad. We grilled extra breasts for Jim to have while I am gone.
Managed to get the freezer cleaned out and organized, plus the smaller one in the kitchen. Jim now knows what is out there and can plan accordingly. We are also trying to make a plan to be accountable to each other for exercising.
Laundry is going and next is the dishwasher. I have stripped the bed and I want to vacuum the basement. I guess I best get busy.
Hello, Phyllis, Gramma, Joanne, Jess and everyone else who stops by.
Gramma Offline
#261 Posted : Monday, June 17, 2013 7:08:59 AM(UTC)
Gramma

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Greetings Castlemates. Sunny, but cool in WNY. Lots of rain and very little sun this year. I am a little concerned that the corn my rot in this wet ground here.
Phyllis, I am very sorry to read that your dear Cody isn't doing well. I hope he goes peacefully and that you are able to enjoy whatever time you have left with him. Losing a pet for us was as heartbreaking as losing a child.
Deb, you have plenty of stuff on your plate too it seems. Congrats on your apartment makeover and even more congrats for having a handy friend to help you with it. Your dinner yesterday sounded wonderful. My DH would have swooned over the eclairs.
Renate, I hope you are/were able to get ahead on your cuddling and snuggling with the DGK during your son's visit. Hope you have an uneventful week at work.
Jess, Hope your weekend was great. Sad to read about Brad's health issues. Sounds like he's having the same kind of year I'm having with one thing after another. Hope you have an uneventful week at work too. Loved your wedding photo on FB.
Pat, have a safe and fruitful trip to the west coast. It sounds like DH(Jim) is in no danger of starvation while you're away. Well wishes for your Mom also. I'm making a few cards, but will wait until after your return to send them. DGS is spending the week with us so I'm pretty confident the box won't get much fuller for awhile.
Hellos to the rest of the Queens, Joanne, Karen, etc.
Hugz,
Gramma
Nana22Nina22 Offline
#262 Posted : Monday, June 17, 2013 7:55:19 AM(UTC)
Nana22Nina22

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 17 post(s)
Greetings in the Castle-
Hope all the Castle's Kings had a nice Fathers Day. We finally took the boat out for a real ride down to see the "EAGLE" as you may have seen on FB. We had been on it in the 70's when it came to RI as part of the Tall Ships during the bicentennial. I was surprised they let us in so close. There was quite a line on shore to go on board but very few boaters. The boat ran very well and we are quite pleased with it (thank goodness!)
Pat - I had forgotten your mom had found that that album. I bet it'll be exciting to get your hands on that! I'd love to have those front porch rockers too.... But alas no porch - so no.......
Phyllis - So very sorry to hear about Cody. Lots of hugs and prayers for you. Hope brother continues to improve. Will he be doing any sort of therapy? Boo to the expensive meds. And yes I think that is Obama's plan....
Jess - I guess I am a closet cheesehead also. I love it on everything. One my favorite snacks is cheese, crackers and fruit. That is a lot of work on those cards. I hope the participants appreciate all your work. I am wondering if the Pats will use Tebow as a running back or something like that. He has the talent and we are short in that area. Sorry about the issues with Brad's teeth. $1000 isn't much help with that kind of expense.
Deb - Hurray for having the apt done. Bet you are glad to check that off your list. We have our house treated annually with a boost in between full treatments for those critters. They are are just part of living in FL.... Sorry to read all the sad news from your corner of the castle.
Renate - glad you getting a lot of cuddling and snuggling done. It is what Nana's do best!
To clear things up.... Yes, we are going on a cruise but not until October/November when we do the Mediterranean / Transatlantic...
Well I need to pull some weeds (and yes I already took a shower....) Greg is on his way with dirt to fill in the area where we pulled the hibiscus out and the weeds have taken over already. We need to get the sod in too.
Have a good rest of the day
Joanne
Dbson Offline
#263 Posted : Monday, June 17, 2013 8:36:46 AM(UTC)
Dbson

Good Monday morning to all....hope all the men had a great day......we had a nice visit from the kids and grands. And managed to get a few pictures this time too. Plenty of food to go around, plus enough to share with my friend. I feel very fortunate to have my friend Judy...I went down yesterday and helped them get a 'repurposed' buffet type piece of furniture in the house to use for her TV....she spiffed up the top and looks good as new....

Phyllis how is Cody today? Any word on the electrical work?

Pat I hope you can continue to walk while you are gone......I love chicken prepared most any way.....

Joanne I saw your FB pic, that ship looks huge....glad your boat ride went well.....I know you will enjoy your cruise, maybe someday I can talk hubby into something like that....wishful thinking, I know...

Gramma hope you get some sunny days soon......

Renate still snuggling that baby and DGS?

Jess have a good day at work, well....you are probably almost done by now.

Hubby has my car at the shop to get the oil changed, he picked up his truck and later this afternoon we will go back.....

We had a very nice time at his 50th reunion Saturday. Spent a couple hours at the school for an informal gathering time, then that evening we had a nice meal at a local golf course. We were both surprised at the turn out....they have lost 18 of their classmates and 4 others that did not graduate with them for some reason or other.

Have a great day, looks like rain for us.....as usual when you wash a car.....later.....

Edited by user Monday, June 17, 2013 8:38:07 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Dbson Offline
#264 Posted : Monday, June 17, 2013 5:24:38 PM(UTC)
Dbson

Yippee, the stove is finally installed, mirror in bath up, shade up and only a couple more things left to do. Friend and her son came by and measured/purchased the wood for the thresholds....so it is looking like we will be done soon......however, the stove does stick out just a bit further and the drawer won't open...oh well....that is the least of my worries....

Back on track for walking this morning, got 4 miles in and sure need to stay focused....I feel so much better after I get home....

Hope everyone has a great evening, night....
RGK Offline
#265 Posted : Monday, June 17, 2013 5:51:50 PM(UTC)
RGK

United States

Hello everyone,
Pat, time is running out, soon you will leave on your trip. Looks like Jim is taken care of. I hope you will relax and enjoy the visit as much as possible. Will you be able to check in with us from time to time?
Gramma, sorry to hear about the not so nice weather. Is this normal for your area? I was off today going back to work tomorrow. I will be super busy all week.
Joanne, glad your boat proved to be a good one. How far will you travel with it? I like the beach but oceans scare me, make me feel tiny. Probably because I never lived near one. How long will your cruise be? Are you stopping at any Italian ports? We lived in Vicenza, but it's not near the ocean.
Deb, sounds like you had a good weekend with lots of food and good company. So happy the apt is about done. That was a major accomplishment! Glad you are back to walking.
Yesterday DD called from Myrtle Beach, eldest was working and Jim and family came to visit. Today we went to the Indianapolis Speedway (Indy 500 mile racetrack), visited the museum and took the shuttle around the racetrack. Kind of a Father Day activity. Yes, I'm getting snuggle time any chance I get. She sleeps a lot and is always hungry when she wakes up. Growing like a weed..DGS is a good big brother and has adjusted well to his new role.
Jess, how was your weekend and your Monday? Sting is fine. Sorry about all the bills you are facing. I agree, $1000 is a drop in the bucket.
Well, I better get stuff ready for work tomorrow. Hello to all, hugs to Phyllis...Renate
#266 Posted : Monday, June 17, 2013 11:37:21 PM(UTC)
housefullofrotties

Hello! Hope your day is full of happy! And production!

Jess
imnchghere Offline
#267 Posted : Tuesday, June 18, 2013 4:42:00 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

good morning ~~~ I will start by saying I do NOT like getting ready for a trip. So much still to do. And some can't be done early.
Going to try to do a quick catch up. I have a load of laundry going and another right behind it. Still need to show Jim how to do the washer. I did post a new theme last night. Next one in July will be holiday. Wish I could be more creative, but it is hard.
Phyllis, I am thinking about you and sending big {{{HUGS}}}.
Deb, yea on the installed stove. Is the drawer problem something that can be fixed eventually? Glad the reunion was good. And that you got a good walk in. I didn't walk yesterday. Was glad Jim went anyway. Plan is to try to go today before or in between the rain.
Joanne, I am looking forward to seeing the old pictures my Mom has. Am super hopeful, but not confident I will be able to identify some of the people in them.
Gramma, I hope your weather starts improving. I can't complain too much here right now, but we have some nasty storms.
Renate, glad you got lots of snuggle time with the grands. As for keeping in touch while I am gone, I will have internet using my hot spot card and on my phone. Of course there is the time difference which is going to mess me up. I will likely need to come here and vent.
Jess, I hope your week is going well so far.

Washer just went off, so I am going to see about a walk before I put the next load in. I also need to go to the store. Grilling a tri-tip for dinner and Jim said a baked potato sounded good. So I will get a couple.
Hope everyone has a good Tuesday.
~Phyllis~ Offline
#268 Posted : Tuesday, June 18, 2013 1:07:50 PM(UTC)
~Phyllis~

Good afternoon everyone. Things are about the same around here. Cody is the same, no better, no worse. He didn't want to eat yesterday but finally did get his appetite when I was cooking, he ate after smelling the food cooking. Still haven't heard from the electrician, we have contacted another one who is a client in the studio where my DS works, he should be out sometime this week I hope. He is from Northern KY but he is licensed in Ohio too. Thanks for all the hugs, I've needed a lot of them lately.

Pat, hope everything comes together with your trip to CA. Please feel free to vent here when you need to. Bet you're looking forward to seeing those old pics. I'm sure Jim will do fine as far as feeding himself while you're gone but I know he'll miss you.

Renate, the trip to the Indy track sounds like fun. I've never been there. When will the family be going home, will you get to see the baby again soon or later.?

Deb, bummer on the stove not fitting right, hope there is a fix for that. Glad you, DH and sons had a nice Father's Day get together. Nice pic on FB.

Joanne, that boat ride looks like a lot of fun and relaxation. I could do OK on small trips but once I went out on a fishing boat in Clearwater and got deathly sick, could not enjoy it at all, most of our crew was sick also. I was never so glad to see land in all my life. My brother is doing good, still some numbness in his shoulder and arm but it is getting better. He is not doing any kind of therapy, Dr. told him to do what he felt like doing, so he mowed the grass but took it slow. My SIL was not there at the time or she would have stopped him I'm sure.

Gramma, we have had quite a bit of rain too but very warm. Hope you get some warm weather in your area, is this typical NY weather? Yes, our pets are very very close to our hearts and losing them is not easy. Our vet and staff have been so nice to us and check on him. They remember our ordeal with the previous one that we lost and are sad that we are facing this again.

Jess, glad you have Monday out of the way and a little closer to the weekend.

RGK Offline
#269 Posted : Tuesday, June 18, 2013 6:56:28 PM(UTC)
RGK

United States

Good Tuesday evening,
Long day at work today. I've been lazy since I got home but oh well.
Phyllis, glad Cody was hungry when he smelled your cooking. When is his next appointment?--Your electrician must not need the job, I don't trust people who don't follow up on a promise.--I'll take you to the track if you ever come through here.--I think family will be leaving around the first of the month. They are staying at DD's apt right now. We'll see them again before they leave. Right now they have no home, they are between duty stations. Hope the fire will be out in Colorado before they leave.
Pat, I know how you feel before going on a trip, I don't like that time either. Feel free to vent any time you need to. Jim will be fine, seems he can take care of himself.
How is everyone else doing? Jess, good night and happy Wednesday. Gramma, hope your weather got better. Deb, were you able to resolve those minor issues at the apt? Hope you get some rest after all the work you did. Joanne, sounds like you will be busy with the yard work.
I walked a lap around the neighborhood, should have done two but one is better than none.
Good night...Renate
#270 Posted : Wednesday, June 19, 2013 12:34:58 AM(UTC)
housefullofrotties

Happy MOW! I hope it's a good day for all. Pat, have a safe trip. I hope your Mom is doing better and your time there is stress free.

Jess