Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

nathan.orloffccb50e70 Offline
#1 Posted : Monday, June 17, 2013 10:01:56 AM(UTC)
nathan.orloffccb50e70

Groups: Registered

I think you always catch more flies with honey. So I am not sure expressing my anger and frustration will help me. But it is pretty hard to contain how upset I am that this product is not working for me.

I bought a Circuit Expression with the intention to upload my own svg files and cut them out of custom materials with the cricut.

I finally have the time to get it up and running. So I did the following.

1. I downloaded the software and started the installation software from the website.
2. Followed the instructions and got the CCRBridge.exe error that apparently a high percentage of of users get.
3. Followed the instructions to allow for exceptions on my antivirus and firewall.
4. Restarted my computer.
5. Opened the CCR.
6. Went to update the Expression to try some test cuts.
7. Prompted to update firmware.
8. Followed instructions.
9. Got to "Part Two" and then I got the dreaded CCRBridge.exe error.

Look you guys have a great product in concept.

But come on, this is not a new issue for your product. If you having a problems like this with your software, then you have a major problem. Some of these posts are 2 years old. I find it incredibly frustrating that you do not a have a comprehensive user friendly solution that does not require 4 hours of my time.

N
scrapalette Offline
#2 Posted : Monday, June 17, 2013 10:30:39 AM(UTC)
scrapalette

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 19105 time(s) in 8536 post(s)
Problem number one would be that you can't use svg files with the Cricut software.
Cricut Dani Offline
#3 Posted : Monday, June 17, 2013 12:43:11 PM(UTC)
Cricut Dani

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member, Circle Moderator, Cricut Community Moderator

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 15 post(s)
Originally Posted by: nathan.orloffccb50e70 Go to Quoted Post
I think you always catch more flies with honey. So I am not sure expressing my anger and frustration will help me. But it is pretty hard to contain how upset I am that this product is not working for me.

I bought a Circuit Expression with the intention to upload my own svg files and cut them out of custom materials with the cricut.

I finally have the time to get it up and running. So I did the following.

1. I downloaded the software and started the installation software from the website.
2. Followed the instructions and got the CCRBridge.exe error that apparently a high percentage of of users get.
3. Followed the instructions to allow for exceptions on my antivirus and firewall.
4. Restarted my computer.
5. Opened the CCR.
6. Went to update the Expression to try some test cuts.
7. Prompted to update firmware.
8. Followed instructions.
9. Got to "Part Two" and then I got the dreaded CCRBridge.exe error.

Look you guys have a great product in concept.

But come on, this is not a new issue for your product. If you having a problems like this with your software, then you have a major problem. Some of these posts are 2 years old. I find it incredibly frustrating that you do not a have a comprehensive user friendly solution that does not require 4 hours of my time.

N

Hello Nathan,

We are sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with yor firmware update in the Craft Room software. The CCR Bridge error is a error that is cause by a antivirus/firewall program blocking the Craft Room. If this is a personal computer we are more than happy to help you address adding exceptions to the antivirus. If is it a work computer you will need to contact your employers IT department about adding the exceptions to your antivirus. You will need to add the exception for both the Craftroom and the CCR Bridge.

Cricut can not cut images you create through Illustrator, Adobe, or Photoshop. There also isn’t a software that allows you to import images from the internet nor to use the fonts that you have installed on your computer. All of our machines and softwares are cartridge based systems.

If you have any additional questions our Customer Support Team would be happy to assist you at 1-877-7CRICUT M-F 7am-6pm MST.

-Cricut Dani

Edited by user Monday, June 17, 2013 12:45:20 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked Cricut Dani for this useful post.
karenquigs629740b0d on 9/26/2013(UTC)