Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
BJR Offline
#1 Posted : Wednesday, June 19, 2013 6:38:43 AM(UTC)
BJR

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 446 time(s) in 327 post(s)
Its seems so slow here, have we lost that many more members or are we too busy? I know some of us have had login trouble too. But most of the MB's I go to seem to be fading. so sad. I love to hear all that is going on in the crafting world. BJR.
 1 user thanked BJR for this useful post.
rhondah* on 6/19/2013(UTC)
jscraftylady Offline
#2 Posted : Wednesday, June 19, 2013 6:49:11 AM(UTC)
jscraftylady

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 2303 time(s) in 1238 post(s)
Originally Posted by: BJR Go to Quoted Post
Its seems so slow here, have we lost that many more members or are we too busy? I know some of us have had login trouble too. But most of the MB's I go to seem to be fading. so sad. I love to hear all that is going on in the crafting world. BJR.

Summertime is so busy for me. I lose a lot of my me time. I still try to get on for at least a few minutes every few days.
married05 Offline
#3 Posted : Wednesday, June 19, 2013 7:34:29 AM(UTC)
married05

Was thanked: 232 time(s) in 198 post(s)
I am having a tough time logging in. I can't log in from my phone or Kindle. Google Chrome works, but occasionally won't let me log in either. (I've tried deleting my cookies, etc. but sometimes still have trouble.)
southgirltexas Offline
#4 Posted : Wednesday, June 19, 2013 7:46:34 AM(UTC)
southgirltexas

Was thanked: 569 time(s) in 341 post(s)
I have become a "lurker"...I can't post pictures any more and all y'all talk about is that CCR of which I never intend to participate in....So I just hang around and peep.
SouthernVintage Offline
#5 Posted : Wednesday, June 19, 2013 8:06:39 AM(UTC)
SouthernVintage

United States

Was thanked: 801 time(s) in 713 post(s)
I think it's a little of each. I have a hard time signing in lots of times (computer, ipad, kindle) If one doesn't work, one of the others may but it's not as easy to read as computer obviously. Sometimes, none will let me in. It seems a lot of the older members are lurking because they pop back in at times. So many have blogs now and that is probably pretty time-consuming. It's fun to jump all the way to the end of some of the threads to see what was being talked about in the beginning of this mb. Since the search feature doesn't work too well, it's also a good way to look at older projects.
rhondah* Offline
#6 Posted : Wednesday, June 19, 2013 8:50:52 AM(UTC)
rhondah*

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 14248 time(s) in 8763 post(s)
Last night there were four people at 11:30 central time and 54 guests when I first logged on. I assumed people were having problems logging in. There weren't many posts, for sure. People are busier in the Summer, too...that probably contributes.BigGrin
sewnmachine Offline
#7 Posted : Wednesday, June 19, 2013 12:22:46 PM(UTC)
sewnmachine

Was thanked: 346 time(s) in 231 post(s)
Yes, the message board is painfully dull and boring. Summer/Winter..... not a whole lot of difference that I can see. I wasn't involved in Cricut Back in the Day so it must be very disheartening to the old timers to remember how it used to be - and how it is now.

But far be it from me to stir the pot. And frankly I'm not even interested enough in my own projects to post pics (which was an epic fail when I did try).

There was a nice flurry of activity when the Gypsy linking happened - but unless or until PC comes forth with something outrageous or earth shaking I kind of think the whole Cricut thing is just going to slowly fade away.

I'm not even going to kid myself by saying "Gee I really hope PC comes back to life" The truth of the matter is I really don't much care anymore. I have 6 machines in working order and 100+ cartridges. I figure those alone should get me through the next 10 years or so. After that, if I'm even still alive I probably won't give a crap one way or the other.

I still check the message board every day. I'll read a few posts and then just go on about my business.
 1 user thanked sewnmachine for this useful post.
scrapalette Offline
#8 Posted : Wednesday, June 19, 2013 12:40:03 PM(UTC)
scrapalette

United States

Was thanked: 18941 time(s) in 8455 post(s)
People are still coming. . .just not logging in for whatever reason.

From the stats at the bottom of the forum:
568 active users, 17 members, 551 guests for last 20 minutes

That's a whole lot of people! Cool
MaryScraps Offline
#9 Posted : Wednesday, June 19, 2013 1:05:38 PM(UTC)
MaryScraps

United States

Was thanked: 6864 time(s) in 2789 post(s)
I noticed it too but then someone came on and said it was just my imagination. LOL
 1 user thanked MaryScraps for this useful post.
Annabella Offline
#10 Posted : Wednesday, June 19, 2013 1:12:08 PM(UTC)
Annabella

United States

Was thanked: 624 time(s) in 509 post(s)
I'm like the others-I lurk once or twice a day. Nothing seems to be going on, so I go check on the blogs. I'm from the US but even Customer Service can change me from the UK. I still use my machine and that's the most of it. I will not go digital or use the CCR so, I feel like I'm out in left field waiting for a fly ball!!

I am debating on getting a new machine to use, and put my original away with my spare. Haven't decided which I want, a regular Expression or an E2. They a both the same price most of the time. The last carts I bought were the Creative/Simple cards and Outdoorsman. The latest don't so much for me.

The other reason I don't login is when I go to check a picture from someone's post it doesn't enlarge anymore. It stays the same size and just moves to another spot on the screen. Customer Service says I have a virus on my computer and that is why it doesn't change. I do not have a virus and I bet I'm not the only one that sees the pictures like that.

That's all I have for now. Even with all this down time since the accident and the broken leg- I can't seem to get very involved with the board.

Edited by user Wednesday, June 19, 2013 3:03:36 PM(UTC)  | Reason: additional info

craftingbowler Offline
#11 Posted : Wednesday, June 19, 2013 6:09:58 PM(UTC)
craftingbowler

Was thanked: 228 time(s) in 188 post(s)
I sometimes will just read the posts; therefore, I may not log on. Regarding the picture coming up small/moving to a corner--someone suggested right click on the picture, and choose open in a new window. That worked for me.
Doxmom17 Offline
#12 Posted : Wednesday, June 19, 2013 7:00:55 PM(UTC)
Doxmom17

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 18 post(s)
I'm a newbie, and it's quite disheartening to hear the despair of some of the old timers (not in chronological age, because I'm one of those, just in depth of Cricut experience!). I hate to think I wasted my money recently purchasing a Cricut Mini and spending my precious time learning the CCR and how to best utilize my purchase.

I enjoy the feedback from the old timers - the benefit of their experience and creativity...Maybe my money would have been better spent on a different manufacturer's cutting machine..I can't imagine the 'competition's forum' being so depressed... =(
Mary R. Offline
#13 Posted : Wednesday, June 19, 2013 8:28:59 PM(UTC)
Mary R.

United States

Was thanked: 497 time(s) in 349 post(s)
Great topic. I read the posts and look at the cards, I seldom log-in. If there is a card I feel is outstanding or a topic I feel strongly about I will log in and comment. IMHO it is important to give feedback when a member takes the time to post his/her pictures/layouts. I was uploading my cards on this site and Pinterest for a time but now I just post on Pinterest.

Also, IMHO many, many, members who are fortunate to be talented, have their own blogs and do not have a need/or the time to post on this website anymore. I don't have the time to go to each member's website so I just hang out on Pinterest & will do various searches when I need to get my juices flowing.

I must say I am grateful Scrapalette and Narelle continue to respond to our questions on this site. They have been and are extremely helpful to everyone. If they decide to leave, I think this site will definitely shut down cause no one else at PC helps members.

Best, Mary R.

3 users thanked Mary R. for this useful post.
rhondah* on 6/19/2013(UTC), scrapalette on 6/21/2013(UTC), ValerieSchomburg on 6/24/2013(UTC)
scrapalette Offline
#14 Posted : Wednesday, June 19, 2013 8:33:23 PM(UTC)
scrapalette

United States

Originally Posted by: Doxmom17 Go to Quoted Post
I'm a newbie, and it's quite disheartening to hear the despair of some of the old timers (not in chronological age, because I'm one of those, just in depth of Cricut experience!). I hate to think I wasted my money recently purchasing a Cricut Mini and spending my precious time learning the CCR and how to best utilize my purchase.

I enjoy the feedback from the old timers - the benefit of their experience and creativity...Maybe my money would have been better spent on a different manufacturer's cutting machine..I can't imagine the 'competition's forum' being so depressed... =(

The key is to not worry about what others say and enjoy your Cricut. to me, it doesn't matter if others don't like their Cricut or PC or what they think will happen with PC in the future. I've had my Cricut since a year or so before I joined the MB and I still use it almost daily and love creating with it. It makes me happy to make things and things things I make are so much better and easier than cutting everything by hand. So use your Cricut for as long as you enjoy it!

The other key is to stay out of this forum. If you make cards, visit the Cards forum. If you scrapbook, visit the LOs forum. And so on. Or, visit them all! That's what I do and I still find lots of new and interesting things being posted. They are just all over the MB and not in only one forum.
 1 user thanked scrapalette for this useful post.
krafty kate on 6/24/2013(UTC)
scrapalette Offline
#15 Posted : Wednesday, June 19, 2013 8:35:51 PM(UTC)
scrapalette

United States

Originally Posted by: Mary R. Go to Quoted Post

I must say I am grateful Scrapalette and Narelle continue to respond to our questions on this site. They have been and are extremely helpful to everyone. If they decide to leave, I think this site will definitely shut down cause no one else at PC helps members.

Best, Mary R.

Thanks, but I must say there are quite a few PC employees that are on the MB and answer questions that can be answered in a post. Otherwise, they refer the MB member to PC so CS can help them over the phone. Most of the PC people have "Cricut" as the first part of their usernames.

There are also lots of other MB members that answer questions. I think that is what keeps the forums going. . .the members who are willing to login and post.
 4 users thanked scrapalette for this useful post.
rhondah* on 6/19/2013(UTC), MamaC on 6/21/2013(UTC), ValerieSchomburg on 6/24/2013(UTC), krafty kate on 6/24/2013(UTC)
jillieneIsaacs Offline
#16 Posted : Wednesday, June 19, 2013 8:37:14 PM(UTC)
jillieneIsaacs

Was thanked: 244 time(s) in 92 post(s)
Yes, the board has slowed down significantly. I wasn't even checking in for a while because I didn't want to be negative about the discontinuation of the Imagine. The truth is that my Cricut is my favorite toy and I wish this board was hoppin' because i have lots of good stuff to say. i think the decline happened when more energy went into CCR and the moderation of this board changed from a social one to a technical one + there were a lot of unanswered questions so ppl. vented rather than chatted. it would be so awesome if there was more of a playful moderator presence (maybe bring in an intern who loves cricut to run the board) and have them make design team announcements, contests, challenges and offer guest designer opportunities. Something to create a flurry of activity. you know... "we have just released the first few years and will select 3 projects using this cartridge to be featured on such and such" bragging rights is as good of an incentive as any. wouldn't that be fun! I am sorry to hear that ppl. are having a hard time logging in. that is a wet blanket in and of itself. I am sorry for the new ppl. - i know it seems grim. Don't worry though. we wouldn't be here if we didn't have a passion for our machines. maybe you could help turn things around with your enthusiasm! BigGrin
 6 users thanked jillieneIsaacs for this useful post.
rhondah* on 6/19/2013(UTC), Doxmom17 on 6/19/2013(UTC), MaryStillman on 6/21/2013(UTC), ValerieSchomburg on 6/24/2013(UTC), krafty kate on 6/24/2013(UTC), Shelly on 6/26/2013(UTC)
joyfullycrafting Offline
#17 Posted : Wednesday, June 19, 2013 8:52:29 PM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Was thanked: 1448 time(s) in 1154 post(s)
I am just really busy. Since December:

DH had surgery.
Went to DD's in CA for two weeks.
Went on a two week cruise.
Got home and DH had surgery again.
Youngest DD got married. I made four bridesmaids dresses.
I had surgery.
Went back to CA to oldest DD's house for three weeks.
Went to MI for a week.
Middle DD is getting married in three weeks. I am making four bridesmaids dresses, and I still need to do some alterations on the wedding dress.
DH is in hospital again, but hopefully no surgery this time.

I have had little time for crafting and chatting. But I do LURK and read. I just don't post as much as I would like to.

Time for bed. I have been at the hoospital all day, but at least I got the hem sewn in one of the bridesmaids dresses.
 1 user thanked joyfullycrafting for this useful post.
Di&Co Offline
#18 Posted : Wednesday, June 19, 2013 9:13:19 PM(UTC)
Di&Co

Canada

Was thanked: 20815 time(s) in 5208 post(s)
It's summer! I have been cooped up all winter. You bet Im out there getting my Vitamin D.

I don't really care how many people visit or don't visit, I enjoy the people who come here and make the effort to post about their projects and their machines.

I have lots of carts and lots of machines and tons of everything. I have no interest in other machines, I have trouble finding time to use what I have.

I just love my Cricuts. And after six years of having them, I still love the machine.

But I have a real life with a real dh and real kids and a real job.

If I spent all my time here, then I wouldnt get any crafting done! Flapper
 2 users thanked Di&Co for this useful post.
rhondah* on 6/20/2013(UTC), ValerieSchomburg on 6/24/2013(UTC)
cricaholic Offline
#19 Posted : Wednesday, June 19, 2013 9:33:15 PM(UTC)
cricaholic

Was thanked: 1198 time(s) in 681 post(s)
Laugh I have better things to do....
Scared like STILL TRYING to set up/organize my crafts, I'm still making ruffled scarves, family obligations and work.
Bored Its not like theres anything going on here....Sad still a lot of talking/hostility and hardly any creating.RollEyes I get enough of chit chat/hostility at work/home....I need inspiration???? I started looking elsewhere(other MB's/blogs/youtube,etc.)
Wub I LOVE MY PC PRODUCTS and I still post my creativity here!!!
 3 users thanked cricaholic for this useful post.
rhondah* on 6/20/2013(UTC), ValerieSchomburg on 6/24/2013(UTC), krafty kate on 6/24/2013(UTC)
jscraftylady Offline
#20 Posted : Wednesday, June 19, 2013 9:34:26 PM(UTC)
jscraftylady

Was thanked: 2303 time(s) in 1238 post(s)
Originally Posted by: scrapalette Go to Quoted Post
People are still coming. . .just not logging in for whatever reason.

From the stats at the bottom of the forum:
568 active users, 17 members, 551 guests for last 20 minutes

That's a whole lot of people! Cool

Unfortunately, if people can't or won't log in, they can't post.Crying
jojoy Offline
#21 Posted : Thursday, June 20, 2013 5:29:57 AM(UTC)
jojoy

United States

Was thanked: 12086 time(s) in 3846 post(s)
That's funny, I was just going to post that. I log in most days, except the weekends lately have been very busy. When I do login, I notice that not many people are on at that time. I was trying to remember if it is usually like that in the summer.....people on vacation, and if you have children, you have your hands full in the summer.

Myself, I've been busy the last couple of weeks enjoying the Kindle that I just bought and the new phone. Yes, I finally feel like I'm not in the dark ages anymore!LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

Oh well, I will continue to check. When I get back to making cards again, I will post them.

Let's keep it up everyone, and not let this slip away!BigGrin

JoJoy
 1 user thanked jojoy for this useful post.
rhondah* on 6/20/2013(UTC)
joyfullycrafting Offline
#22 Posted : Thursday, June 20, 2013 8:53:20 PM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Was thanked: 1448 time(s) in 1154 post(s)
Just to chat.

I had a moment of weakness today (my DH is in the hospital).

I was a J's and bought My Quiet Book! Someday I will have grandchildren to use it for.
 1 user thanked joyfullycrafting for this useful post.
rhondah* on 6/20/2013(UTC)
MamaC Offline
#23 Posted : Friday, June 21, 2013 4:03:40 AM(UTC)
MamaC

United States

Was thanked: 1541 time(s) in 640 post(s)
I login 2 or 3 times a day. I quickly read the new items, respond to some, and then log out. My schedule is really busy these days. I haven't had too much time to craft, but when I do, I use my Gypsy and Mini.

I am an 'old timer' and proud of it!! ThumpUp Although my posts don't reflect it! I changed my email address..ok..that is a whole 'nother story!LOL

I, too, appreciate Narelle and Scrapalette being available. I feel like all is well with the world when I see posts by these two talented ladies!Wub
 4 users thanked MamaC for this useful post.
rhondah* on 6/21/2013(UTC), Doxmom17 on 6/21/2013(UTC), scrapalette on 6/21/2013(UTC), ValerieSchomburg on 6/24/2013(UTC)
cheryl d Offline
#24 Posted : Friday, June 21, 2013 6:58:55 AM(UTC)
cheryl d

Was thanked: 205 time(s) in 126 post(s)
well... i login in and lurk most days .. took a break for a bit because of all the BS . love my cricut but am frustrated with PC's CS. get no answers , come to the MB to get answers, get in trouble for asking here. Makes it not such a fun place to visit.. sorry. I have never been able to post a pic, won't look at any pics i have to open because they download to my computer and fills my space... do love seeing all the stuff that is posted as actual pics though.
 2 users thanked cheryl d for this useful post.
rhondah* on 6/21/2013(UTC), MaryScraps on 6/25/2013(UTC)
TammyPuckett Offline
#25 Posted : Friday, June 21, 2013 7:49:33 AM(UTC)
TammyPuckett

Was thanked: 330 time(s) in 191 post(s)
Summertime is hard for me! I haven't touched my machines in about 3 weeks! That is going to change this weekend!
 1 user thanked TammyPuckett for this useful post.
rhondah* on 6/21/2013(UTC)
lv2scrap02 Offline
#26 Posted : Friday, June 21, 2013 9:29:43 AM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Was thanked: 1281 time(s) in 996 post(s)
I have been on this MB since 2006 and yes it has changed a lot. Less Drama not too much enabling going on and yes we have lost a lot of the old timers...

But I have made so many cricut friends I try and post at least one or even twice a day.
Life gets in the way

I am taking care of my first granddaughter and loving it. But I do my best to get on when she is napping.

Dragonfly50 Offline
#27 Posted : Friday, June 21, 2013 11:13:03 AM(UTC)
Dragonfly50

United States

Was thanked: 1221 time(s) in 728 post(s)
Here is are some examples why I focus my limited online time elsewhere...

1~ Scrapalette did an "I love embossing" post in the Cuttlebug thread...
I saw what she created and saw her thread as a FUN challenge to create my own Cuttlebugged creation thread.

**I posted the thread days ago... with 99 views I only got 3 replies...
*reply #1 was Scrapalette saying she looked forward to seeing my picture...(see 2~ below)
*reply #2 was Narelle generously posting my picture for me using a link from my blog and
leaving a kind comment.
*reply #3 was Scrapalette coming back to leave a kind comment

That's it. 3 replies from 2 people out of 99 views.

2~ The MB will NOT let me post or view anyone's pictures if they are put on using the
MBs "attach files to this post" section below.
*When I've tried to add the card to the card section you guessed it . It won't let me
attach my picture.

3~ Viewing and posting pictures is back to the hit and miss it was a while back. I have only been able to view pictures posted that way once in the last week or so. If I can't see them I can't comment on them.
***FYI: cleaning out my cookies and history, etc did nothing to help the issue then and nothing to help it now. Trust me I've tried. And I know I'm not alone.***

I know there are other ways to post pictures but I honestly do not have the time, energy or interest to put them on other sites just to add them here.

I do not belong, by personal choice, to Facebook, Pinterest, or any other social type boards where everyone's interest and energy seems to be focused now.

I now focus most of my online time to the crafty blogs I follow by email and to my own blog.

4~People change their interests and move on...
Even PCs interest seems to have moved on from its own MB as reflected in the last Pinterest ONLY contest they just had.
I would have loved to create and enter that contest but as I said I do not belong to Pinterest.
I was left out of playing along when the Pinterest requirement was the only way to play.

I understand they did it to get more people to get interested in Cricut and CCR through Pinterest but would have liked to play along is all.

Have a wonderful weekend.
I have 70+ emails from bloggy friends to read. lol
Off I go.
D~

CricutMallie Offline
#28 Posted : Friday, June 21, 2013 4:09:05 PM(UTC)
CricutMallie

Groups: Registered, Circle Moderator, Cricut Community Moderator

Was thanked: 1146 time(s) in 212 post(s)
Hi there,
Just wanted to pop-in and say that we do read messages and posts-- regularly.
We're just like you in that sometimes we view things but don't have things to add.
While we do encourage you all to join us on our social networks-- we don't want to require it.
We did do the last contest as a Pinterest based contest, but only because that's where a lot of people get their ideas for craft projects.

It's great feedback to hear ways we can improve contests for everyone-- and while we realize that not everyone loves the service, we still have an obligation to be relevant to many audiences. We'll work harder to be relevant to our Message Board audience.

Thank you for sharing. And have a great summer weekend all!

Mallie @ Cricut
 4 users thanked CricutMallie for this useful post.
MamaC on 6/21/2013(UTC), MaryStillman on 6/21/2013(UTC), Dragonfly50 on 6/21/2013(UTC), CricketCMV on 6/26/2013(UTC)
Dragonfly50 Offline
#29 Posted : Friday, June 21, 2013 6:25:46 PM(UTC)
Dragonfly50

United States

Was thanked: 1221 time(s) in 728 post(s)
Originally Posted by: CricutMallie Go to Quoted Post
Hi there,
Just wanted to pop-in and say that we do read messages and posts-- regularly.
We're just like you in that sometimes we view things but don't have things to add.
While we do encourage you all to join us on our social networks-- we don't want to require it.
We did do the last contest as a Pinterest based contest, but only because that's where a lot of people get their ideas for craft projects.

It's great feedback to hear ways we can improve contests for everyone-- and while we realize that not everyone loves the service, we still have an obligation to be relevant to many audiences. We'll work harder to be relevant to our Message Board audience.

Thank you for sharing. And have a great summer weekend all!

Mallie @ Cricut

Thank you for your reply.

I just wanted to make sure you guys realized that not all of us go to these other sites but we do come here or we wouldn't be commenting here now.

I would have appreciated an option to join in that was MB related like has happened in the past.

I played along with the Extreme Fonts and Southwest contests and it was disappointing to not be able to play along with this one.

Of course you guys can do what you like with your contests because they are yours after all.

I love my Cricut machines (3) and cartridges (200+) and have fun designing with CCR.

I will play with my crafting toys and continue to purchase more with or without a contest.

Again thanks for your time and for not making me feel bad for expressing my opinion or answering a question.
I honestly wrote and rewrote my earlier post multiple times hoping that what I wrote would not be taken as an insult.

D~

2 users thanked Dragonfly50 for this useful post.
DBCMC on 6/23/2013(UTC), krafty kate on 6/24/2013(UTC)
Doxmom17 Offline
#30 Posted : Friday, June 21, 2013 9:03:37 PM(UTC)
Doxmom17

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 18 post(s)
To the Cricut employees and moderators~ I would just add that we, as newbies, really need replies when we post problems. I appreciate the fact that you are regularly reading posts, but replies to the new users would seem to be a priority.

I posted in the Cricut machines topic, specifically the Mini section, my new machine. I was having trouble with cut settings and pressure and asked for help over two weeks ago. There were 29 views to my post and zero replies. That really surprised me.

Of course, I eventually, by trial and error, figured it out on my own. But a reply at some point would have been much appreciated.

My machine is running just great and I'm truly enjoying it. I'm hopeful that this forum will be equally as fun and informative.