Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
DeeScraps Offline
#31 Posted : Monday, June 17, 2013 8:57:03 AM(UTC)
DeeScraps

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 781 time(s) in 611 post(s)
Hi everyone. I hope those who celebrated Father's Day had a wonderful day and weekend.

Sandy....I'm so sorry to hear about your dad's passing. The holidays seem to be the saddest time for all of us who have lost loved ones.

Turtlebug....All the cards you made were great examples of your sketches. The Bendi Card is very pretty and the BG paper is perfect. The embossing also adds a lot to the card. Your second Bendi Card is also very nice and a wonderful use of the Ad Colors.

Bingo Lady....Very nice #1 card. That looks like a great cartridge.

Nana Donna....Enjoy your trip and the nice weather. Loved the colors you used for sketch #2 and the embossing and buckle work great. Your #1 card has a very nice "glowing feel" to it. Good choice of papers and design. The Bendi Card was very nice and bright and springish.

I still sometimes have problems opening the attached cards, plus I am having problems with my computer. I can't seem to get videos on blog sites to play. Not sure if it's me or them!!!!! I'll comment on the cards I missed as soon as I can open the attachments.

Dee
LisaW. Offline
#32 Posted : Monday, June 17, 2013 11:04:56 AM(UTC)
LisaW.

United States

Was thanked: 146 time(s) in 102 post(s)
help ladies

I got my pieces cut for the bendi card....but stuck. I need to make the tabs for them to slide into the slit piece to hook together...the notch is getting the best of me, lol. Did you just use regular tape for assessmbling the pieces or did you use something stronger?

Lisa
TurtleBug Offline
#33 Posted : Monday, June 17, 2013 1:29:24 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Was thanked: 976 time(s) in 637 post(s)
Originally Posted by: DeeScraps Go to Quoted Post
Hi everyone.
I still sometimes have problems opening the attached cards, plus I am having problems with my computer. I can't seem to get videos on blog sites to play. Not sure if it's me or them!!!!! I'll comment on the cards I missed as soon as I can open the attachments.

Dee

Dee,
Not sure what exactly is going on with this MB. It seems most everyone is having one issue or another with it at some point. It has to be the MB cause at least for me my computer doesn't give me any problems when off the MB. I wonder if Cricut even knows we are having all these issues. I think maybe that is one of the reasons participation has dropped on this site, one can get really frustrated trying to post on here. Thanks to the Ladies that are not giving up!

Edited by user Monday, June 17, 2013 1:35:22 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

TurtleBug Offline
#34 Posted : Monday, June 17, 2013 1:47:34 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Originally Posted by: LisaW. Go to Quoted Post
help ladies

I got my pieces cut for the bendi card....but stuck. I need to make the tabs for them to slide into the slit piece to hook together...the notch is getting the best of me, lol. Did you just use regular tape for assessmbling the pieces or did you use something stronger?

Lisa

Hi Lisa,
Happy you are making a Bendi card!!BigGrin
You did cut the notches out of each flap itself, right? You aren' trying to attach a notch?? I used my Scotch Advanced Glue Glider gun and had no problems. I taped my notches in the inside to the flap, so the card can not be opened. Not sure how well the notch stays closed when you make it to open, I would suggest scoring the notch really well.
Hope this is of some help to you,
TurtleBug
jill4jewels Offline
#35 Posted : Monday, June 17, 2013 2:42:00 PM(UTC)
jill4jewels

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Originally Posted by: SandyOtt1 Go to Quoted Post
As much as I wanted to participate in this weeks challenge I just could not get motivated. This is the first Father's Day without my dad, he passed away 4 months ago, and I just have not been able to be creative as much as I tried. I will look forward to the coming weeks designs. I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend.

Sandy

Hi Sandy, so sorry to hear about your loss. I too lost my dear Dad suddenly last July; this is my first Father's Day without him too and it is very sad and hard to work through some days.

I understand what you mean about not feeling creative, it took me almost a year to head back into my craft room. There are days you feel you're on a roll and then not at all - just seems like stacks of paper and overwhelming bins of embellishments. No rhyme or reason to them.

Everyone is different and everyone grieves differently. Tomorrow may be better, maybe not. I certainly miss my Dad as much as I'm sure you miss your Dad. I try to remember the look on his face when he would open my cards I made for his birthday or Father's Day, etc. He took joy in seeing my creativity lavished on him and I know he would not want me to stop lavishing it on others despite his absence.

When the mood hits you again (and it will Wink enjoy it and create with all your heart. When you're not in the mood it's OK.

Much love to you and your family during this tough time. My prayers to you.
Gisele Offline
#36 Posted : Monday, June 17, 2013 6:02:59 PM(UTC)
Gisele

Was thanked: 549 time(s) in 339 post(s)
Hi everyone! We had a wonderful anniversary trip! Just catching up and can’t wait to try the Bendi card! I hope to get one done before tomorrow but if not I will post it once I am done.

Turtlebug – Thanks again for hosting this week! Great Sketch #1 birthday card with the extra credit cording. Wonderful animal print card for Sketch #2 – like the embossed music sheet and musical note! Amazing, wonderful Bendi card – I just love everything about it. How did you finish the inside of the flaps? Hope you enjoyed your family reunion and did not get rained on. And wow a second Bendi card – this time in the ad colours! It really looks great!!

Dee – Thanks for the ad colours! Great card for a tween! Love the image and colouring and I’m sure he will be pleased with it.

Donna – Hope you had fun in Colorado! Wonderful sketch #1 – love the stamped image on several layers of paper. Wow great Bendi card too! I can see how it takes time to design and create this style of card. I love your birthday card that you created with your Imagine! So pretty, love the layering and embossing and metal buckle!

BingoLady – cute card for Sketch #2 with the bright orange button! Nice way to display your card! Great father’s day card for Sketch #1 – love the barbecue and layering!

Sunnie – Hope you have time to craft soon!

Lisa – love your father’s day card for one of your kids to give their dad! Great re-purposing of the silver cord!

Sandy – Sorry to hear about the loss of your father. You need to take the time to grieve. Join in whenever you can.
Kiethann Offline
#37 Posted : Tuesday, June 18, 2013 11:35:34 AM(UTC)
Kiethann

United States
Location: master questionair page 16 post 465 new MQ page 1 post 6

Was thanked: 806 time(s) in 616 post(s)
Hello everyone. It has been difficult for me to be able to log in, but upgraded my internet service recently and thought I would try again. I read in one of the posts on this thread about someone asking the name of a particular embossing folder. What I do is take a extra fine tipped magic marker and write down the name of the folder on the lower end of each folder. I have enjoyed viewing all of your lovely cards. Hope to be able to join in next week. The bendi cards are a technique I was not familiar with.
BingoLady Offline
#38 Posted : Tuesday, June 18, 2013 12:28:06 PM(UTC)
BingoLady

Was thanked: 1002 time(s) in 685 post(s)
Sorry ladies, I pulled a booboo, on the first one.Blushing Here goes my
first Bendi card. It didn't come out to clear or good. Turtlbug, I wanted
to surprise you and do a good job.Crying
BingoLady attached the following image(s):
# 1 sketch 081.jpg
DeeScraps Offline
#39 Posted : Tuesday, June 18, 2013 4:54:37 PM(UTC)
DeeScraps

Gesele...welcome back from your "celebration" week.

Turtlebug....Sorry you are still feeling bad, especially if you have to go to Jury Duty. Hope they don't need you.

BingoLady....I'm still not able to open your attached files so I can't see the card you posted recently. I just get the box with the infamous X. Have you ever thought of posting them through Photo Bucket?

Nanna Donna....Thanks for the colors you sent me to save for a future challenge. They are one of my favorite combos.

I was hoping to attempt the Bendi card but all the talk about "tabs" put me off. I'm assuming you have to be able to flatten the card for mailing...right?

I did end up doing Sketch #3 and using the Ad Colors. I'm not sure if I like the colored twine when I see it in the photo. I think maybe a natural jute would have looked better. I also think I'll add some "rain" coming from the clouds. What do you think? I added two pairs of "google" eyes and I will add a sentiment in the empty space, but not until I'm ready to use the card.

Printed papers are from a Martha Stewart Halloween mat pad. There's no other name but that.

The card base is MFT Licorice paper and the rest are scraps.

The bats are the left-overs from using the MS Bat Border Punch. The fence is also MS. The cloud is MFT.

Dee

[img=http://][/img]

LisaW. Offline
#40 Posted : Tuesday, June 18, 2013 6:25:18 PM(UTC)
LisaW.

United States

I did it...I did it...got my bendi card done. I did cheat a little bit and used glue dots for the tabs. Now to figure out how to mail or or just hand deliver it.

Cartridges: Beyond Birthdays for the "happy anniversary"
Sweethearts for the hearts...shadow and regular.

LisaW. attached the following image(s):
DSCF0403.JPG
DeeScraps Offline
#41 Posted : Tuesday, June 18, 2013 7:19:31 PM(UTC)
DeeScraps

I can see the missing card photos now. Lisa, very nice card.

Turtlebug....thanks for hosting, especially when you weren't feeling well.

I'll be posting in the morning.

Dee
BingoLady Offline
#42 Posted : Tuesday, June 18, 2013 8:47:45 PM(UTC)
BingoLady

Turtlbug thankyou for hosting this week, I really like making the Bendi
card, even if it didn't come out to nice.BigGrin BigGrin

And Dee as always thanks for the nice colors.Cool
jill4jewels Offline
#43 Posted : Tuesday, June 18, 2013 8:54:31 PM(UTC)
jill4jewels

Hi Everybody!

Well, I got 'stuck' this week; don't know why but I did come up with something for one of the sketches.

This is a technique I just adored years ago and have LOTS of Radiant Pearls to prove it! Blushing
So I know it's probably hard to tell from pic but I used Radiant Pearls and 'pounced' the colors onto the stamps (Very Veggie and Fabulous Fruits from Stampin Up) then did a repeating stamp off technique. The 'Thinking of You' stamp is also from Stampin' Up using Sandlewood Ancient Page dye ink. And for the extra credit some of my new orange bakers twine. I'm stuck on the sentiment. . . have to stew over that for a bit till inspiration hits.

Just took a quick buzz over everyones cards, will come back to comment but they sure look awesome! The Bendi's are really cool - nice work ladies!
jill4jewels attached the following image(s):
CCC061813.JPG
 1 user thanked jill4jewels for this useful post.
DeeScraps on 6/19/2013(UTC)
LisaW. Offline
#44 Posted : Tuesday, June 18, 2013 9:07:35 PM(UTC)
LisaW.

United States

Not a great sketch 1...been beat up by the dentist today and not feeling the best. Takes a lot for me to get numb and then even longer for it to wear off.

I will catch up on my posting tomorrow.

Sorry no cricut or cuttlebug.

LisaW. attached the following image(s):
DSCF0404.JPG
BingoLady Offline
#45 Posted : Tuesday, June 18, 2013 9:26:15 PM(UTC)
BingoLady

Dee, getting ready for Halloween, with a very cute card.

Lisa, sorry but I'm able to see only the Bendi card, and it came out so nice.

Jill, and also I am not able to see your card.

Why are we having so much trouble seeing the cards.Angry Angry
TurtleBug Offline
#46 Posted : Tuesday, June 18, 2013 10:12:58 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

BingoLady
Bendi Card – You did a good job! Nice Spring time feel to it with all the bright flowers and butterflies. Nice surprise and glad you gave it a try!

DeeScraps
#2 & Ex. Credit – Very cute, with the googly eyes and all the small details. The assorted color TWINE looks good, the natural jute would look washed-out in this colorful card.

LisaW.
Hope you are all better after your Dentist visit.
Bendi Card – YAY!!! You worked it out! Turned out very nice, the brown paper and white décor makes it look like a yummy chocolate cake with vanilla frosting. I would hand deliver or use the card as part of the gift wrapping. A sentiment can be written on the back of the card.
#1 & Ex. Credit – Like the wide RIC-RAK and the matching pattern paper with the blinged circles. Makes a nice Thank you male or female card.

jill4jewels
#2 – Like the technique you used to create this card, I can see why you like it so much. Like the fruit stamping and the TWINE picks up the peach fruit nicely.
 1 user thanked TurtleBug for this useful post.
DeeScraps on 6/19/2013(UTC)
Hannah. Offline
#47 Posted : Tuesday, June 18, 2013 10:27:56 PM(UTC)
Hannah.

Was thanked: 75 time(s) in 36 post(s)
sorry to have missed this week but a friend asked last week if I could make her 3 cards for this week. So I didn't have enough time to do the challenge but I am up for the next week. Everyone's cards were so beautiful. I just love the bendi card and have already cut most of it out ready for the embellishments so I will post it as soon as it is done.
TurtleBug Offline
#48 Posted : Tuesday, June 18, 2013 10:28:29 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Ladies
So happy I only had one day of Jury Duty...but a very LONG daySad!! I thought I was over my cold, but the coughing seems to be lingering on. I think they got tired of hearing me cough in the courtroom and sent me home...which was absolutely fine with me!Smile

Thank you so much for all the awesome cards you created this week and for trying the Bendi card.

We need a volunteer to host after Dee...any takers??ThumpUp

Dee has decided that she will go back to postng the Ad Color Challenge herself each week, instead of emailing them to the Host of the week. Thank you so much Dee for doing this for us every week...you do an awesome job!

Edited by user Tuesday, June 18, 2013 10:31:14 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

TurtleBug Offline
#49 Posted : Tuesday, June 18, 2013 10:34:53 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Hannah,
Please post your cards for this week on the Sketch Challenge that Dee is hosting tomorrow (Wednesday the 19th)so everyone can be sure to see them.
Thanks,
Josie
*NanaDonna* Offline
#50 Posted : Wednesday, June 19, 2013 8:59:55 AM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Was thanked: 2656 time(s) in 1409 post(s)
Thanks again Josie for hosting this past week and hope you are feeling better. Sorry I wasn't around much but glad in the end a few more Bendi card show up, I really enjoyed making mine and will have to make another in the future sometime. It even sounds like a couple will be posted this coming week.BigGrin
jill4jewels Offline
#51 Posted : Wednesday, June 19, 2013 12:43:44 PM(UTC)
jill4jewels

Hi,

I'm sure you have probably answered this question more than a dozen times, but what is 'required' to host a challenge? Obviously there is choosing some sketches and producing some samples to accompany; is there a certain place you get the sketches?

I'd be up for hosting in the future just want to make sure I keep things flowing nicely for all you who are pros at it! BigGrin

LMK,
Jill
TurtleBug Offline
#52 Posted : Wednesday, June 19, 2013 1:39:37 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Originally Posted by: jill4jewels Go to Quoted Post
Hi,

I'm sure you have probably answered this question more than a dozen times, but what is 'required' to host a challenge? Obviously there is choosing some sketches and producing some samples to accompany; is there a certain place you get the sketches?

I'd be up for hosting in the future just want to make sure I keep things flowing nicely for all you who are pros at it! BigGrin

LMK,
Jill

Hi Jill!
Thanks for inqiring about Hosting duties:
+ You Host the whole week
+ Pick 2-3 sketches you find online like Blogs, Pintrest, MB or design your own. Other than your own creation, when ever possibe, please credit the original creator of the sketch. Sometimes the name, designer and/or Blog site will already be printed on the sketch.
+ DeeScraps is our Ad Color Challenge provider. She takes care of the colors eack week.
+ Make samples of your sketches to share. You can post at same time along with your Sketches or make yours as the week goes by. Whatever time you personally have to do so.
+ Include an Extra Credit if you wish ( a requirement to be used on an extra card or one of your sketches...like we must use lace, or buttons, or a certain cart, or a certain cut, anything you pick to make it stand out.
+ Comment on the cards posted...sort of just keep the MB running smoothly for the week.
+ Whenever possible if you have an answer to a question you can answer it or direct them to one of the Ladies here that might know the answer or a link that will be helpful.
Any of the Ladies on here might pop in and answer a question. Lots of times there is more than one solution to a question/problem.
+++ But most of all have fun Hosting!!

Give it a Try!!

Ladies,
If I left anything out, please let Jill knowSmile

Edited by user Wednesday, June 19, 2013 1:53:13 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified