Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

krafty kate Offline
#1 Posted : Wednesday, June 19, 2013 7:23:46 AM(UTC)
krafty kate

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 74 time(s) in 57 post(s)
Hi There everyone,

I had posted this in the Gypsy forum but I wondered if it were better placed here?!?

I have not been on for so very long and now I'm back again; twice in one day (this reposting makes a technical three) BigGrin

I have been reading on the forums how the CDS and the Gypsy are being phased out in favour of the CCR, which I downloaded this a.m.

My questions are these:- How do I save my projects, stored in CDS and on my Gypsy?
Can I transfere them into the CCR and if so how so?

I have some wonderful work, that is saved on these systems. I can't seem to find the answer on the forums, that said there is a huge amount to wade through Laugh

If anyone out there can help, or if they know if this can/cannot be done, PLEASE PLEASE let me know.

Many thanks
Krafty Kate
Laverne Offline
#2 Posted : Wednesday, June 19, 2013 8:58:47 AM(UTC)
Laverne

Was thanked: 30 time(s) in 23 post(s)
Hi

I thought I was the only one with those questions….It will be wonderful to see if someone from Provo Craft even answers.

I can only tell you my experiences when contacting Provo Craft on different occasions for the same issues:

• “The Gypsy is a very hard and complicated machine and being able to save your project files is not on the top of their priority list”

• “You can create a folder on your desk top and drag and drop your project files to that folder or click on the project and do a save as to that folder” I then notified the person I was speaking with that I’ve tried that and one of two things happen (a) the first couple of files transfers then it just hangs your computer or (b) when I try to put a saved file back on my gypsy…the file is corrupted and the gypsy can no longer read the file. Their response… “We are aware of that and sometimes that happens”. So is there a solution NO… “Can I help you with anything else”.
o But the story gets better…someone from Provo Craft remotely logged on to my computer because they stated I must be doing something wrong or it was my antivirus etc…that was blocking the transfer of files (yeah right)…they fiddled around…tried the process they told me and the same thing happen. They then told me they would follow up with the research/IT department and get back to me…that was months ago…still no response.

• I also asked that since the gypsy can now be linked to the craft room could or would that include us being able to transfer our files to the craft room…their response “I don’t understand the question”…Can I help you with anything else.

Sorry I couldn’t be more helpful…I sincerely wish there was a way to back up our files…because I am in the same boat as you…I have years of designs that I would hate to lose and I don’t expect the gypsy to work forever. But what frustrates me the most is Provo Craft’s openly nonchalant attitude, lack of follow up and open communication about what we can expect or do with their products. The funniest thing about this whole situation is that you use to be able to back up your files through Cricut Sync and out of the blue a few years ago it just stopped working and has never been fixed.

Edited by user Wednesday, June 19, 2013 9:00:17 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users thanked Laverne for this useful post.
theproc0a14c052 on 6/19/2013(UTC), krafty kate on 6/19/2013(UTC)
scrapalette Offline
#3 Posted : Wednesday, June 19, 2013 1:00:41 PM(UTC)
scrapalette

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 19029 time(s) in 8504 post(s)
Originally Posted by: krafty kate Go to Quoted Post
Hi There everyone,

I had posted this in the Gypsy forum but I wondered if it were better placed here?!?

I have not been on for so very long and now I'm back again; twice in one day (this reposting makes a technical three) BigGrin

I have been reading on the forums how the CDS and the Gypsy are being phased out in favour of the CCR, which I downloaded this a.m.

My questions are these:- How do I save my projects, stored in CDS and on my Gypsy?
Can I transfere them into the CCR and if so how so?

I have some wonderful work, that is saved on these systems. I can't seem to find the answer on the forums, that said there is a huge amount to wade through Laugh

If anyone out there can help, or if they know if this can/cannot be done, PLEASE PLEASE let me know.

Many thanks
Krafty Kate

In Design Studio, you can save your files as .gypsy files. Close DS. Open CCR and IMPORT the file(s) into CCR. DS and CCR can't be open on your computer at the same time.

From what I understand {I don't have any files on my gypsy so can't check}, gypsy file saving was corrected with the gypsy linking update. If you haven't updated, I go through that process first {there's a thread still in Cricut Chat with the directions}. If you still can't save your gypsy files to your computer {which you would then Import into CCR}, call PC. I've always had great service from the CS reps.

If the rep doesn't understand your question, try phrasing it differently. . .it may be a communication error. One example: someone posted not to long ago that they were furious that PC told them they could import other's files into CCR and now they find out they can't import svg files. But the question they asked the rep was "Can I import other people's files?". The rep answered yes because you can import .ccr or .gypsy files from others and they had no way of knowing the caller was wanting to know if you could import .svg files. Huh Be as specific as you can when asking your questions.

krafty kate Offline
#4 Posted : Wednesday, June 19, 2013 2:42:44 PM(UTC)
krafty kate

I have/had a Cricut Expression, now an E2, a Gypsy and an Imagine. I have been away from the forum and my beloved machines for some time and I am just getting back on track and trying to catch up with the innovations that are taking over the older systems.

On my old knackered laptop I have my CDS, on my new PC I have the CCR. I have always saved files to the Gypsy and CDS until this feature stopped working. (I have updated and downloaded all the most recent versions for all my machines, with the exception of the Imagine). I wasn't sure if it was my lack of knowledge of the CCR or an obvious flaw within it but I can see no way of transferring saved files between the Gypsy (or CDS) and the CCR and I was hoping that someone on here might have had some success.

When I try, with my Gypsy connected to CCR, to 'import files' there is no link to the Gypsy. There is nothing on the Gypsy, when I open the saved files to 'send' them to the CCR.

I live in the UK so calling CS would be a bit of an expensive hobby.

I do not think that there is a way of getting my CDS onto the new computer. I have looked and looked through out the forums and can't seem to find a solution to this file sharing problem.

Perhaps this is a 'for the future' issue that PC will have to resolve, eventually, as so many files are saved by so many users on devices that will become phased out in time.

Thank you for trying to help.
Krafty Kate
scrapalette Offline
#5 Posted : Wednesday, June 19, 2013 3:28:43 PM(UTC)
scrapalette

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 19029 time(s) in 8504 post(s)
I've saved lots of my DS files as .gypsy files and successfully imported them into CCR. I've also imported .gypsy files that others have shared with me. You just have to know where you saved the file on your computer to find it.

Narelle has a tutorial here:

http://cricutcraftroombl...dio-and-gypsy-files.html

PC has support for international customers:

International customers:
UK: 0808 101 7032
Outside of UK: 0044 0808 101 7032
Hours 2pm – 1am GMT/UTC
email: isupport@provocraft.com

Edited by user Wednesday, June 19, 2013 3:30:16 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked scrapalette for this useful post.
krafty kate on 6/19/2013(UTC)
krafty kate Offline
#6 Posted : Wednesday, June 19, 2013 3:31:54 PM(UTC)
krafty kate

I have great news folks, well I think it's great.

I opened the CCR and clicked 'file' 'open' and 'export' and watched where the file was sent, the answer was to 'my documents', not to the attached Gypsy as I had expected. I closed CCR and then I opened the Cricut Sync and dragged a saved Gypsy file onto the desktop, I then dropped it into 'my documents', closed the Cricut Sync and opened the CCR and clicked 'file' 'open' and 'import'. I went into 'my documents' and added the Gypsy file, (from the Cricut Sync), that I had just dropped into it. I am pleased to say that this worked. I cannot tell you how happy it made me. I will admit that it was only one file that I dragged across but as it is getting late, here in the UK, one success was all I needed for a good nights sleep. I will find out in the morning if this file cuts and if it has really been the success that I was hoping for Laugh

I do hope that this info will help others out there.

Thank you Laverne for giving me the idea and scrapalette for your help
Krafty Kate
krafty kate Offline
#7 Posted : Wednesday, June 19, 2013 3:56:34 PM(UTC)
krafty kate

Originally Posted by: scrapalette Go to Quoted Post
I've saved lots of my DS files as .gypsy files and successfully imported them into CCR. I've also imported .gypsy files that others have shared with me. You just have to know where you saved the file on your computer to find it.

Narelle has a tutorial here:

http://cricutcraftroombl...dio-and-gypsy-files.html

PC has support for international customers:

International customers:
UK: 0808 101 7032
Outside of UK: 0044 0808 101 7032
Hours 2pm – 1am GMT/UTC
email: isupport@provocraft.com

Our replies crossed Laugh

What a great tutorial, now all I have to do is transfer all my filesBigGrin

Thank you for all your help.
Krafty Kate