Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

4 Pages123>»
DeeScraps Offline
#1 Posted : Tuesday, June 18, 2013 8:59:38 PM(UTC)
DeeScraps

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 776 time(s) in 606 post(s)
Welcome to the Wednesday Card Sketch Challenge. For inspiration this week I've designed 3 sketches and picked a new set of "Ad Colors" to keep you busy. We hope you'll join in and play along. Do one, or do all, but remember to share them with us.

We also offer an additional "Extra Credit" project and this week I've chosen an Easel Card. The theme is up to you.

I'm looking forward to seeing what you do.

Dee

Sketch #1
[img=http://][/img]

Sketch #2

Sketch #3

Edited by user Tuesday, June 25, 2013 3:05:26 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

4 users thanked DeeScraps for this useful post.
Dragonfly50 on 6/18/2013(UTC), *NanaDonna* on 6/19/2013(UTC), LadybugJett on 6/28/2013(UTC), LisaW. on 7/1/2013(UTC)
DeeScraps Offline
#2 Posted : Tuesday, June 18, 2013 9:24:43 PM(UTC)
DeeScraps

Here are my EXAMPLES.

Card Sketch #1

Card Sketch #2

Card Sketch #3

This card is also the Ad Colors

Thanks, Dee

Edited by user Tuesday, June 18, 2013 9:25:50 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

DeeScraps Offline
#3 Posted : Tuesday, June 18, 2013 9:54:55 PM(UTC)
DeeScraps

The Ad Colors.....

I still have to do the Easel Card.

Thanks, Dee
 1 user thanked DeeScraps for this useful post.
*NanaDonna* on 6/19/2013(UTC)
Dragonfly50 Offline
#4 Posted : Tuesday, June 18, 2013 10:06:25 PM(UTC)
Dragonfly50

United States

Was thanked: 1221 time(s) in 728 post(s)
Dee~
Your cards are beautiful! TFS.
Great sketches and colors.
D~
 1 user thanked Dragonfly50 for this useful post.
DeeScraps on 6/19/2013(UTC)
TurtleBug Offline
#5 Posted : Tuesday, June 18, 2013 10:45:18 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Was thanked: 974 time(s) in 635 post(s)
Dee,
Thanks for Hosting this week. LOVE that you designed your own sketches and they are great. Anxious to get started on mine! The Ad Color Challenge is a very nice combination and for once I think I actually have all the colors.Laugh
 1 user thanked TurtleBug for this useful post.
*NanaDonna* Offline
#6 Posted : Wednesday, June 19, 2013 9:09:52 AM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Was thanked: 2645 time(s) in 1400 post(s)
Dee thanks for hosting this week and love the sketches you designed. So much you can do with all those pennants.
Fabulous colors also and thanks for continuing to provide us with those colors every week.
I love your samples! So very pretty in the ad colors.
#1 love the "baby" beads perfect for the pennants.
#2 Love the image and the embellishments you added in the corner. Cool shell ribbon slide.
#3 so very nice, great image and love the double layer on pennants

I hope to get to play along this week. I have several projects I have to make for Miss Emma before they lave and move back to Maine on June 27th . I am making Emma a cute shirt with iron vinyl and a wall hanging with her name.
jill4jewels Offline
#7 Posted : Wednesday, June 19, 2013 12:49:45 PM(UTC)
jill4jewels

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Dee,
Oh my gosh! Did you draw those images yourself???? WOW! Such a gift to have a talent like that. Mine would be stick people . . . at best. Blushing
Beautiful cards and love the color choice - so summery!

BTW, I posted at the end of last weeks blog about throwing my hat in the ring for future hosting. If someone can tell me what the expectations are I can provide some dates I would be up for the challenge . .so to speak! BigGrin

Jill
 1 user thanked jill4jewels for this useful post.
TurtleBug Offline
#8 Posted : Wednesday, June 19, 2013 1:57:51 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Dee,
Hope you don't mind my posting this question from Jill on here. She asked this question today on last week's Challenge. If anyone can add to her question, please help her.

Originally Posted by: jill4jewels Go to Quoted Post
Hi,

I'm sure you have probably answered this question more than a dozen times, but what is 'required' to host a challenge? Obviously there is choosing some sketches and producing some samples to accompany; is there a certain place you get the sketches?

I'd be up for hosting in the future just want to make sure I keep things flowing nicely for all you who are pros at it! BigGrin

LMK,
Jill

Hi Jill!
Thanks for inqiring about Hosting duties:
+ You Host the whole week
+ Pick 2-3 sketches you find online like Blogs, Pintrest, MB or design your own. Other than your own creation, when ever possibe, please credit the original creator of the sketch. Sometimes the name, designer and/or Blog site will already be printed on the sketch.
+ DeeScraps is our Ad Color Challenge provider. She takes care of the colors eack week. And, she does an awesome job, too!
+ Make samples of your sketches to share. You can post at same time along with your Sketches or make yours as the week goes by. Whatever time you personally have to do so.
+ Include an Extra Credit if you wish ( a requirement to be used on an extra card or one of your sketches...like we must use lace, or buttons, or a certain cart, or a certain cut, anything you pick to make it stand out.
+ Comment on the cards posted...sort of just keep the MB running smoothly for the week.
+ Whenever possible if you have an answer to a question you can answer it or direct them to one of the Ladies here that might know the answer or a link that will be helpful.
Any of the Ladies on here might pop in and answer a question. Lots of times there is more than one solution to a question/problem.
+++ But most of all have fun Hosting!!

Give it a Try!!

Ladies,
If I left anything out, please let Jill knowSmile

Edited by user Wednesday, June 19, 2013 2:29:21 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

jill4jewels on 6/20/2013(UTC)
TurtleBug Offline
#9 Posted : Wednesday, June 19, 2013 2:24:53 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Hi Ladies!

Any volunteers to Host after Dee?? Don't be shy, now!!LOL

There is no designated person here that is in charge, the leader, or owner of this site. It belongs to ALL of us. If ever anyone has a suggestion, opinion or idea on how to improve, re-design, or draw more crafters to this site, etc., by all means PLEASE post it here and we can discuss it. Like maybe, we can get Ladies willing to Host on a rotating basis and always know when our turn is coming up, giving each of us more time to prepare. And, like before if it was our Hosting week and for some reason you are not able to Host your week the next person in line would pickup your week. We were doing this at one time before and it worked, but now we don't have all of the same Ladies hosting and it has fallen by the wayside. So, NanaDonna and I have taken it upon ourselves to ask for a volunteer to Host making it possible that we continue to have our sketches each week.

Don't forget that we need sketches to motivate and inspire us every week, not to mention the camaraderie among this great group of Ladies.
No Sketches, NO "Wednesday Sketch Card Challenge".

Edited by user Wednesday, June 19, 2013 2:27:53 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

DeeScraps Offline
#10 Posted : Wednesday, June 19, 2013 3:16:55 PM(UTC)
DeeScraps

Originally Posted by: jill4jewels Go to Quoted Post
Dee,
Oh my gosh! Did you draw those images yourself???? WOW! Such a gift to have a talent like that. Mine would be stick people . . . at best. Blushing
Beautiful cards and love the color choice - so summery!

BTW, I posted at the end of last weeks blog about throwing my hat in the ring for future hosting. If someone can tell me what the expectations are I can provide some dates I would be up for the challenge . .so to speak! BigGrin

Jill

[b]Whoa.....no I didn't draw the artwork, those are digital stamps. What I did do is design the sketches. For my first hosting stint a few weeks ago, I hand-drew the sketches. This time I've figured out how to use "Word" enough to do them. It's actually fun to tinker with them, but this is a very old version and I don't have the instructions so I basically just wing it. LOL

As for picking sketches when you host, you can go back and check out some previous weeks challenges and you'll get a good feel for what you want to do. The only thing you have to be careful of is if the "file" of the online sketch that you want to use is too small. It might look big but if the file isn't a decent size, the sketch will print very small or if enlarged, will be blurry. I run into this all the time with the photos I save to use with the Ad Colors. I'm sure that some of the more experienced members of the board can add to that. I'm a computer novice.

Thanks, Dee
[/b]

1 user thanked DeeScraps for this useful post.
TurtleBug Offline
#11 Posted : Wednesday, June 19, 2013 4:35:40 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Dee,
#1 - Adorable card for Baby Abby! Like the letter beads on the banner and the great paper choices. You did a great job with the coloring and the image is so precious.
#2 - WOW! Pretty mermaid, love the aqua color throughout and the glittery water bubbles. The anchor, ship wheel and seashell details wrap up this underwater scene perfectly. LOVE her bedazzled belly button....too cuteSmile !! Another great colored image, too.
#3 and Ad Color - Another nice image, all your cards this week are out of the ball park!!
Wonderful Father's Day card...so touching and to the point. You nailed all three Ad Colors throughout the card and LOVE how you made the sentiment tag and the nice accent with the Jute.

Off to NanaDonna's for dinner now to plan our Summer vacation with them in July. Hopefully, BingoLady and her Hubby will be able to join us, too! Hope to get started on my #1 card when I get back later tonight.

Edited by user Wednesday, June 19, 2013 4:49:01 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

DeeScraps on 6/20/2013(UTC)
*NanaDonna* Offline
#12 Posted : Wednesday, June 19, 2013 4:49:52 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Hello everyone after being gone for 5 days I could not wait to get in my craft room and make somethingBigGrin
So here was my project for today. I made it for Miss Emma to wear when she flys back to
Maine to live with her Daddy again.

I made it using iron-on vinyl, it was very easy to work with. I did not use my Cricut but something like this can easily be done using your Cricut.
 2 users thanked *NanaDonna* for this useful post.
jill4jewels on 6/20/2013(UTC), DeeScraps on 6/20/2013(UTC)
SandyOtt1 Offline
#13 Posted : Wednesday, June 19, 2013 6:18:27 PM(UTC)
SandyOtt1

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 19 post(s)
Great sketches and hoping to find my creative mojo to get some cards made this week. I want to thank everyone for your warm words and thoughts in regards to the passing of my dad. Just when I think I am doing ok, it just kicks me in the stomach.

Sandy
 1 user thanked SandyOtt1 for this useful post.
Gisele Offline
#14 Posted : Wednesday, June 19, 2013 7:01:40 PM(UTC)
Gisele

Was thanked: 549 time(s) in 339 post(s)
Dee – Thanks for hosting this week and also providing the ad colours! Amazing sketches!! Beautiful sketch #1 for a sweet baby! Love all of the layering, flowers, and such a pretty pennant with the beads. Love your sketch #2 mermaid card! The corner embellishments are wonderful too! You have so much talent in colouring with the Copics. Sketch #3 is amazing too – great choice of papers. Thanks for giving us some different ideas for using the ad colours!

Jill – I hope you’ll try hosting! It might look intimidating but it really isn’t. There are many sites to find sketches already made. I would suggest googling “card sketches” in images and you’ll find lots of ideas.

Donna – love the t-shirt for Miss Emma! I need to try the iron-on vinyl.

1 user thanked Gisele for this useful post.
Gisele Offline
#15 Posted : Wednesday, June 19, 2013 7:07:51 PM(UTC)
Gisele

Hope you don't mind Dee that I am sharing my Bendi card from last week's challenge. I made a plain mock-up first to get a better sense of the sizes and dimensions. I used several Cricut cuts with Winter Woodland for the houses, Winter Frolic for the carollers and Ornamental Iron for the gates.

There's a few touch-ups needed to ink a few more edges.

And the inside of the card:
 1 user thanked Gisele for this useful post.
DeeScraps Offline
#16 Posted : Wednesday, June 19, 2013 7:26:23 PM(UTC)
DeeScraps

Nana Donna...Love how Emma's shirt came out. So adorable. I've never done anything with iron on letters, etc., so I'm not sure I understand how you did it. If you didn't cut it yourself, did you just buy the entire image and iron it on? I'd like to try making something using the Cricut to cut letters for... just haven't gotten around to it yet.

Thank you all for nice comments on my cards. Each one was done with love for a special person. The baby card is for my new great-niece. Her mom is the person for whom I did the "hang in there" card a few months ago. She was sick the entire 9 months. The image is a free digital one....think it was done by Carina.

The mermaid card is a birthday card for my good who loves mermaids. It was another free image from A Day With Daises Digital Stamps. The shell and anchor are dies from Die-namics. The shell on the ribbon is a real one that I just happened to have in my stash.

The other card was for my son and for me the image says it all. The banners are also a Die-namics die.

I actually have a list of all the things I used, but it's lost in the mess. LOL.

Gisele....just notice you were posting as I typed this. Wow, great Bendi card. What size stamp faces do you use? Buying a set as been on my "list" for months.

I'm off to bed.

Dee
Gisele Offline
#17 Posted : Wednesday, June 19, 2013 7:35:53 PM(UTC)
Gisele

Dee - I have 3 sets of the Peachy keen stamps: Simple Sallies, Princess Assortment and Christmas Character. The one for the Carollers was 3/4 inch from the Simple Sallies set. I often use the 5/8 inch faces
SandyOtt1 Offline
#18 Posted : Wednesday, June 19, 2013 8:52:44 PM(UTC)
SandyOtt1

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 19 post(s)
Gisele, great card. How was Boston? Did you run into a very handsome red headed kid walking around, that would have been my son??? Just kidding, but I hope you did have a great time.
DeeScraps Offline
#19 Posted : Thursday, June 20, 2013 5:06:44 AM(UTC)
DeeScraps

Originally Posted by: Gisele Go to Quoted Post
Dee - I have 3 sets of the Peachy keen stamps: Simple Sallies, Princess Assortment and Christmas Character. The one for the Carollers was 3/4 inch from the Simple Sallies set. I often use the 5/8 inch faces

Thanks Gisele....I've made a note of these.

I'll be gone most of the day but will check in as soon as I get home. Have fun working on your cards!

Dee
jill4jewels Offline
#20 Posted : Thursday, June 20, 2013 11:39:46 AM(UTC)
jill4jewels

OMG! NanaDonna that t-shirt is way too cute!!! Good Job!

Dee, Gisele and Turtlebug thanks for the info on hosting and some tips on where to find sketches. Dee a quick question: when I decide to host a week could you give me color challenge pick the week before so I could get my samples together?

Well, I know I won't be able to host for at least the next two weeks as I will be out of town. But maybe in later July I could throw my hat in the ring!

I'll keep you posted.
Jill
jill4jewels Offline
#21 Posted : Thursday, June 20, 2013 12:18:18 PM(UTC)
jill4jewels

uuuhhh . . ok. I just googled 'easel card' and saw the google link to 'images for easel card' . . . WOW! I'm feeling a bit intimidated by the skill level exemplified in this link.

I think I will work on sketch #1 and see if I can get my creative mojo to come out from under the covers. Huh

Jill
BingoLady Offline
#22 Posted : Thursday, June 20, 2013 12:24:37 PM(UTC)
BingoLady

Was thanked: 994 time(s) in 679 post(s)
Dee thanks for the nice sketches and colors,

My # 2 sketch, hey BigGrin no embossing.BigGrin
BingoLady attached the following image(s):
# 1 sketch 088.jpg
 1 user thanked BingoLady for this useful post.
BingoLady Offline
#23 Posted : Thursday, June 20, 2013 12:34:38 PM(UTC)
BingoLady

Dee, all your cards came out so pretty. I especially like the one with
the baby image.

Donna, what a cute shirt, Nate is going to love it. Great job on it.

Gisele, Wow, what a great job on the Bendi Xmas card. Love all the cuts on it.
 1 user thanked BingoLady for this useful post.
Hannah. Offline
#24 Posted : Thursday, June 20, 2013 3:13:15 PM(UTC)
Hannah.

Was thanked: 74 time(s) in 35 post(s)
Here is my first one. I have been really busy working on cards unfortunately they didn't fit into the sketches. So I am showing the easel card. Sorry there is a twist to it lol but it is called a twisted easel card. I used Flower Shoppe for roses and leaves the rest was just embellishments.

Sorry forgot to add photos.

Edited by user Thursday, June 20, 2013 3:14:03 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

File Attachment(s):
DSCF8872.JPG (1,648kb) downloaded 45 time(s).
DSCF8873.JPG (1,792kb) downloaded 27 time(s).
 1 user thanked Hannah. for this useful post.
DeeScraps Offline
#25 Posted : Thursday, June 20, 2013 6:35:05 PM(UTC)
DeeScraps

Jill...I should be able to send you the colors the week before. I'll make sure I have them ready for you.

BingoLady and Hannah....sorry, but I cannot open your cards. Maybe tomorrow will be a better day!!!

Dee
TurtleBug Offline
#26 Posted : Thursday, June 20, 2013 9:21:49 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Gisele
Last Week's Bendi Card - Happy you made the Special Ex. Credit! Love all the layering of the village, and carolers...their expressions are so cute! Have the Ornamental Iron cart and hardly use it cause all the cuts are so intricate, your gate cut is so clean and sharp. Like the inside with the light "glowing" through the windows and the snow capped roof tops. Great card!!

BingoLady
#2 - Very nice! Did you come over and steal my Baby Roses to use on this card?!!LOL The Roses look very real in that cute clay pot. Like the floral BG pattern paper, goes nice with the Roses. WHAT????!....NO EMBOSSING!!!! Are you feeling ok??LOL LOL LOL

*****For you Ladies that are new to this challenge....NanaDonna and I are married to BingoLady's brothers, so the three of us are sisters-in-law. We are always joking on here with each other.

Hannah
Extra Credit - Beautiful!! Love the purple and yellow color combo. The Roses are so pretty and the Butterfly, blingy buckle and pretty white tag make it a very elegant card. Don't be sorry for the "twist". You can add or subtract to any of the sketches posted on here every week. This is your interpetation of the Extra Credit and it is fine.

Edited by user Thursday, June 20, 2013 9:58:29 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

*NanaDonna* Offline
#27 Posted : Thursday, June 20, 2013 9:58:48 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Originally Posted by: DeeScraps Go to Quoted Post
[b]Nana Donna...Love how Emma's shirt came out. So adorable. I've never done anything with iron on letters, etc., so I'm not sure I understand how you did it. If you didn't cut it yourself, did you just buy the entire image and iron it on? I'd like to try making something using the Cricut to cut letters for... just haven't gotten around to it yet.

[size=6]DEE - sorry if I didn't explain it very well. I did cut out all the letters, heart and anchor, but I used my "other" machine.BigGrin Cool

I set up the entire cut file using another unmentionable software then cut each letter/word out of the color vinyl I wanted for that word. I ordered the iron-on vinyl in blue,red and silver glitter. This was my first time working with it also and it was so easy to do and work with, I actually can't wait to do moreLOL
DeeScraps Offline
#28 Posted : Friday, June 21, 2013 7:04:44 AM(UTC)
DeeScraps

[b]Nana Donna.....where did you order the vinyl from? Did you add the sparkles later?

Jill....an easel card is really very simple to assemble. It's what you add to it that makes it look complicated. I've only made one and I didn't follow any instructions. I just made it how I thought it should be. LOL

Bingolady...today I can see your card....go figure! It's a very "cool" looking summer card. Good use of the colors and I like how you only rounded some of the corners.

Hannah...beautiful "twisty" easel card. Wonderful colors and I like how you did the bow with the buckle.

Have a nice Friday everyone.

Dee[/b]
*NanaDonna* Offline
#29 Posted : Friday, June 21, 2013 8:26:35 AM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Originally Posted by: DeeScraps Go to Quoted Post
]Nana Donna.....where did you order the vinyl from? Did you add the sparkles later?

Dee

Dee - I got the vinyl from Vinyl Outlet they were great and it arrived very fast.
The silver was glitter iron-on and came that sparkly. The heart I cut out twice once from red and then the swirl layer from the sparkle silver and ironed it on top of the red, it worked great.
BingoLady Offline
#30 Posted : Friday, June 21, 2013 1:57:24 PM(UTC)
BingoLady

I'm going to try againMad Mad MadIt came out this time, I just hope
you ladies can see it.

Edited by user Friday, June 21, 2013 2:00:05 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

BingoLady attached the following image(s):
# 3 sketch 057.jpg