Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

16 Pages«<89101112>»
Dbson Offline
#271 Posted : Wednesday, June 19, 2013 6:57:30 AM(UTC)
Dbson

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 58 time(s) in 52 post(s)
Morning, didn't get but 2 1/3 miles in this morning....ate a hot dog for lunch yesterday and the onion did a number on my tummy later. I did go to a free cooking class, 75 people were there....our library has a great summer program for all ages and it is always crowded during the week....the stove sticks out just an inch or so more than the old one....30 years ago they built things sized for appliances then. I just took the utensil tray out of the drawer and will not use it. There are cupboards galore and it won't be an issue for me. Cut vinyl address numbers for my walking buddy's mailbox, just put them on....tonight is church and I go to Heflin tomorrow for a little one on one training with the computer programs. Won't be gone all day since the other gal only works 1/2 days when he isn't in the office.....
Jess hope your day goes fast.....
Renate ditto on your work day, always hated for the day to last what seemed 'forever'....
Phyllis glad to hear Cody is about the same....still sending big hugs....
Pat hope you are just about packed to go......
Hi to Gramma and Joanne.....that's about it from here.....another hot, humid day for us and I think I will stay in until time for church.....later....
RGK Offline
#272 Posted : Wednesday, June 19, 2013 2:00:48 PM(UTC)
RGK

United States

Was thanked: 36 time(s) in 27 post(s)
Hello....
Deb, you're right that's how appliances are made today. My dw door sticks out a little bit, nothing we can do about it. And my house is not the age of yours. Did you have hands-on in the cooking class or was it a demonstration? Will the vinyl numbers on the mailbox withstand the elements? Today's work hours were not quiet as long as yesterday's.
Something special happened today. I was walking away from the cafeteria when I heard my name, Turned around and it was the CPT I sent CFS cards to - she returned a few weeks ago. Her husband had helped last year with the card project at work and given me her name and address. I had wondered if I would ever meet her. It was great meeting her and to see that she made it back home ok.
Hope everyone is doing ok.
Later.....Renate
housefullofrotties Offline
#273 Posted : Wednesday, June 19, 2013 3:00:33 PM(UTC)
housefullofrotties

Was thanked: 37 time(s) in 36 post(s)
Hi! Hope everyone is doing well!

Gramma~Hope things get a little sunnier for you! All that rain can drag you down. I bet you're having a grand time with DGS! I'm sure he keeps you on your toes!

Joanne~Sounds like you had a nice time on the boat! Any more excursions planned? I love hearing a Pats fan say she's a closet cheesehead! It's all in the interpretation, right?!!Laugh I've wondered a little bit about Tebow/RB too. Or have you ever seen a single wing formation? I can see him doing that. The $1000 for dental isn't a lot but it is better than nothing! We bought a couple hibiscus plants yesterday. They are Brad's favorite. We had them years back for, I think, two seasons and thought we'd give them another try.

Deb~Glad you had a nice day with all the family. Your friend sounds very handy. Sounds like the reunion was nice too. Are you feeling less stressed lately? Looks like you have an end in sight for the apt! That's a lot of people for a cooking class! Good luck with the computer training!

Renate~I'm sure your short week is going by quickly with being so busy. Envious of you living in Italy! Maybe some day I'll get there! So glad you're enjoying all of your family time too! That is awesome that you got to meet her! Glad she made it home safely.

Pat~Hope you were able to get everything done that needed to be done. This is a good place to vent!

Phyllis~Thinking of you and Cody. Who doesn't like a little home cooking?!! Hope this electrician shows up and gives a reasonable quote. Glad your brother is doing good. Him mowing the lawn would have made me nervous!! They always know best though, don't they? At least they think so.

I sure have been busy but don't feel like I'm getting enough done. Work has been crazy this week. I'm constantly amazed that some people manage to get through life on a day to day basis. We finally got around to buying all our flowers, or at least most of them. Brad is good to me, he plants them all and I just have to look and see how pretty they are! I have the wedding thank you card produced. The bride has two minor decisions to make but nothing that will affect the initial stages of production! If anyone wants to see pictures and offer any feedback let me know and I'll email them to you. I need to head up to my room now and work on another project I want to do. I'll share that too if I actually get it done! I have a ham in the crock pot. I've never made it that way. Brad wants scalloped potatoes and ham so that'll be tomorrow. Ham and I don't know what else tonight! Have a nice evening.

Jess

Edited by user Wednesday, June 19, 2013 11:29:55 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#274 Posted : Wednesday, June 19, 2013 11:31:56 PM(UTC)
housefullofrotties

Happy early Thursday! Have an early deadline (well it's the same time as always, I'm just behind this week!) so I'm going in early. Have a great day. I will have a nap in my future!

Jess
RGK Offline
#275 Posted : Thursday, June 20, 2013 6:08:33 PM(UTC)
RGK

United States

Good evening castle mates,
it's so quiet tonight...
Jess, one more workday. Hope it is good and goes by fast. Lived in Italy almost 2 years, long time ago. It's about 2 hours from Venice. How did your ham in the crockpot turn out? I'd love to see the wedding TY card. Btw, I saw your beautiful wedding picture on FB. Do you ever wonder where the years have gone? I sure do.
I cut the grass this evening so it's done before the weekend. I hope to get to see the kids. I don't know yet what their plans are. It is going to be hot, summer is here.
Hello to everyone else who might stop by.
Renate
~Phyllis~ Offline
#276 Posted : Thursday, June 20, 2013 7:47:50 PM(UTC)
~Phyllis~

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Hello ladies. It's been a busy couple days for me. Did all my windows, blinds, curtains, I was on a roll and was afraid to stop, LOL. The other electrician is coming Saturday. I am going to call the previous one and express my dissatisfaction of their way of doing things and good riddance, don't think I would want to do business with them now anyway. Cody is still doing the same, he is a fighter, bless his little heart, love that baby. My SIL's nephew (don't know if I mentioned his accident or not) is in a coma now with serious head injuries. A wheel came off another car and came through his windshield on I75 on Sunday. He is 34 years old.

Renate, yes it's going to be hot here too, the last couple days have been beautiful though. Hope you get to see the kids this weekend. DH cut our grass today, he is going fishing tomorrow.

Jess, your ham meals sound yummy. I love ham. Cracker Barrel has the best sweet potato casserole, wish I had their recipe, goes good with ham. You are lucky that Brad plants your flowers for you, I usually do that myself. My brother is a hard head and wouldn't wait for his son to do it, he caught my SIL gone so hopped on the mower and away he went. He is doing OK though so guess no harm done. Hope work wasn't too bad on you this week, one more day and you can forget it for a couple days.

Deb, how was your training day? Yes, that's a large cooking class. I hear you on the appliances issue, our new stove was slightly deeper than our old one but works fine.

Pat, guess you are in CA now, I saw that you were crossing the GG bridge.

Hello Joanne, Gramma and anyone else who may stop by.

Edited by user Thursday, June 20, 2013 7:49:42 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#277 Posted : Friday, June 21, 2013 12:37:20 AM(UTC)
housefullofrotties

Happy Friday! Thank goodness it's here! Hope everyone has a great day!

Jess
Nana22Nina22 Offline
#278 Posted : Friday, June 21, 2013 6:39:05 AM(UTC)
Nana22Nina22

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 17 post(s)
Good Morning All
Popping by in between laundry and scrubbing. VA DD and her family arrive Sunday and I have a crop tonight and tomorrow - and this was a good idea because?
Got some catching up to do so let's see....
Renate - bet you'll be sad to your grands go home. Where is their next duty station? Hope there hasn't been any damage to their area with the fires. We won't be taking the boat too far, although it is large enough to take into the Gulf of Mexico. I grew up around the ocean so I really love it - but being seasick is no fun... We will see Venice, Sicily, Naples, Rome, and Florence/Pisa in Italy as well as other ports in the Mediterranean. How wonderful to meet one our CFS recipients!
Phyllis - I don't blame you for trying another electrician. We have some of the same issues in trying to get people to do work....I don't get it. Glad to read that your brother was at least on a riding mower.... Hugs and prayers for your SIL's nephew, how horrific. And love to Cody too.
Pat - I see you made it to SF. I do believe you could have walked that bridge! Hope you are having a good time. The castle shoulders are open for listening, leaning on etc😄
Deb - glad you had a good time at DH's reunion. I hated high school and have no desire to see any of those people. I wouldn't mind a college reunion but it would be all the way to Maine. That CG ship is 295 ft long - our boat is 24 ft! Bigger appliances are an issue. I have to make sure my dishwasher is shut all the way so I can get into the drawer next to it. One of our rental places will only take a skinny fridge. One day I guess we will have to do some cabinet tear out....ugh. How is Gracie?
Jess - hope you got your nap in. But it is Friday! Not sure what a single wing formation is but I am sure I have seen one! And I do like the Packers as they are a fair, clean playing team unlike some.... That being said things are not looking good for Hernandez... How stupid to throw away a career like that....
Hi Gramma - hope your weather is improved, PA DD has the same complaint. The sun came out briefly a few days ago and she kept posting 'sun' songs on FB. Is DGS with you for the summer again? Tell him hi for me.
Well DH is back from golf with a list so I guess I need to listen!
Have a good day
Joanne

Edited by user Friday, June 21, 2013 7:30:02 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Dbson Offline
#279 Posted : Friday, June 21, 2013 2:39:27 PM(UTC)
Dbson

Afternoon.....got a walk in this morning, but I did not walk yesterday.....went in to learn a little about the insurance program.....ran lots of errands on the way home so my day was shot.....
Have been doing some genealogy for 2 different lines on my family....yesterday got a call; I had visited her granny in 2001 and her granny had kept all my mail/info I had sent her......
Well I have read all the postings, not sure I can catch up but here goes....
Pat have a great trip, saw the bridge on FB, hope your mom has improved....let us know if you get a chance how she is.....
Jess you are at your weekend retreat....have fun.....
Phyllis hope you get a great price for the electric work, more hugs for the pup....yippee on your cleaning.....I am sure your mind needed to be diverted to something else for a few hours.
Joanne little Gracie is doing great.....have fun with your family when they arrive....yep, I have made a few commitments and later regret doing so....wow....that is a big ship....
Hello Gramma, how are you today?
Renate that is great you met the CPT....really cool........
We are headed to Austin's ballgame at 6, then home and I think a sandwich for supper.....
I got the tables and legs down to the building my friend's son will work out....they measured last night for the threasholds, he has the wood and I will stain before they go down. I picked up some things at the store yesterday to perk up the bare spots. Thinking about making something for the headboard....maybe styrofoam covered in fabric or something I can add vinyl on. I am so ready to clean and BE DONE.....
Hope everyone has a great weekend, we may take in a car show in the morning, just depends on how hubby feels....he has been under the weather for a couple days.....but he is better today.....
imnchghere Offline
#280 Posted : Saturday, June 22, 2013 10:28:49 PM(UTC)
imnchghere

Was thanked: 99 time(s) in 77 post(s)
good evening in the castle.. I am trying to stay positive, but it is hard some. My sis is stressed, my Mom is doing well, but I am now getting the other side of the story. Not sure how it is all going to work out. I feel like an outsider. To top it all off, I am having problems with my hot spot internet card. It is trying to die and the contract still has 2 months so I can pay a hefty fee ($300) to get a new one. They did show me at Verizon how to get it to work, but what a pain. SOOOO I will be on very little and probably late at night when I won't be interrupted and can catch up quickly. Right now I am using my sisters internet.
My flight was perfect and everything worked out well time wise. Weather has been perfect, I have been able to walk some and I was able to get one of the records I hoped to. The others are too old and if they are available it would be in church records.
I hope everyone is doing well. I need to answer a couple pm's that came in. Then I am going to try to get to bed early. I can get internet on my phone, but it is too hard to post on the mb with it.
Gramma Offline
#281 Posted : Sunday, June 23, 2013 8:47:04 AM(UTC)
Gramma

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Greetings all...
Hot and muggy in WNY. Big switch from the cold and rainy. I will not complain at this point.
DGS left for camp yesterday. I'll still see him on weekends though. For a five year old he kept us on our toes. He is extremely polite however and a joy to have with us... you just never know what they're thinking.
Cards are flowing slowly... got to get over to the sign up thread to see which holidays to concentrate on... I think I'll try and get a bunch of CAS cards done, but I'm not very good at that style.
Pat is on the west coast... glad to read your flight was uneventful. Sorry to read about your family issues. Hopefully you can resolve a few things while you're there.
Deb is on the run/walk as usual. I believe you have more get up and go in your little toe than I do in my whole body. Loved the pic of Gracie at the ballgame!
Phyllis how is Cody doing? Biggest hugs and prayers for your beloved pet.
Renate and Jess should be enjoying their weekend... if not, shame on whatever took that joy away.
Joanne is probably out in the gulf trying to snag one of those BP Carp leftover from the oil spill.. jk Joanne :-)
Hellos to anyone who drops in...
Hugz,
Gramma
Dbson Offline
#282 Posted : Sunday, June 23, 2013 1:13:56 PM(UTC)
Dbson

Hope everyone has had a great weekend. Have a couple batches of KA sourdough rising to bake in about 15 minutes.....not sure why I made up two pans, but had the mixer out and just as easy to do two as it is one....made it to the ballgame Friday night, DGS's team won, they also won last night. They have 2 more games but most likely we will only catch one on Monday night.

Pat I am praying your situation improves while you are in CA....never easy to be 'caught' or feel like you don't have the whole story.....sorry your internet card is giving you issues....

Gramma I hope your weather continues to be rain free, hot and muggy and humid is how we live in ALBigGrin and I should tell you that house finally sold down the street....see, you waited to long....

Renate hope your weekend is restful and your work week will be a good one.

Jess have you enjoyed your time at the chateau?

Phyllis how is Cody this weekend? And your brother? Still sending you lots of hugs.....

Joanne I know you have family visiting, have a great time....

Hello to anyone that drops in, I need to get busy and get that bread baked.....
RGK Offline
#283 Posted : Sunday, June 23, 2013 5:58:28 PM(UTC)
RGK

United States

Hello ladies,
Can't believe the weekend is over.
Phyllis, I don't think I will ever get to that point where my house is clean all at the same time. Did the electrician come Saturday to take care of the work? The first one must not have needed the job/money. How's Cody doing today? Sorry about the young man, how sad he got hurt so badly.
Pat, glad your trip was good. Sorry about the issues, I hope it will all work out. I felt like you did when I went 'back', since I have not lived there so long and was out of the picture. Glad you're getting a walk in. Sorry about the Hotspot problem.
Joanne, DS and family are going to Ft Carson. This is the new duty station, never been there before. I hope the fire will be out in a few days. They are leaving soon. Oh can I come with you on your trip to all those wonderful places? You will see more of Italy than we did. DH always worked and we did not have much money to travel...Venice is beautiful, I hope you have time to visit the Venice-island of Murano where they blow glass the old old way and make beautiful things. We watched them work and bought some glass dolphins and fish..the mass transportation system there consists of boats instead of buses and it's fun to get around..I would love to go back and see it all again some day.
Deb, are you done with the apt, did you make the headboard? I have not seen you mention bread in a while, are you going to start making it all the time like before? How was the car show? DH any better today?
Gramma, hot and muggy here too. It will be about 90 for the next few days. We had a t-storm yesterday and it rumbled today but nothing else. Glad you get to see your DGS on the weekends. Yes they are smart at that age and just when you think you got them figured out they surprise you.
Well, my weekend was a busy one. I promised DDIL copies of the Alexander pix. Her PC fried and she lost it all. While I was at it, I went through all the pix folders and removed all the duplicates. It took my afternoon but it's done. Copied them all on a fd for her and one for me. Next I will save them online. I have a bunch of cards cut and scored but that's it so far. Back to work tomorrow. I am taking some time off this week to spend with DS and family.
I hope everyone had a good weekend. Renate

~Phyllis~ Offline
#284 Posted : Sunday, June 23, 2013 9:28:52 PM(UTC)
~Phyllis~

Hello everyone. I have had a headache all weekend, don't know if its the weather or what, it sure drags me down. Cody is about the same, he is not eating as much the last few days which makes it hard to get his meds given twice a day (I have to crush them and put in his food). The electrician did come Saturday and said we only need a sub panel installed (which is what the furnace people said in the beginning). Not sure how we got to the point of replacing the whole service box. Anyway, my DS and DH are doing that, it should be done this week.

My SIL's nephew passed away today at 12:30 pm. He never came out of the coma. So sad, so young. His Mother refused to accept the fact that he would probably not survive. He has no children, was divorced. I'm sure the lady that caused this accident is having a rough time too.

Renate, Italy sounds like a really interesting place to go. Good that you're taking some time off to be with your DS and family.

Deb, I haven't made any sour dough bread in a while, been doing the regular yeast rolls. My brother is doing good, I talked to him today for a few minutes, he called to tell me about Michael's passing. Thanks for the hugs.

Gramma, glad you're getting some hot weather but I could do with a little less heat and humidity, I just can't take it.good luck on your CAS cards, I have my 50 done for this challenge but usually make a few more.

Pat, hope things will work out for your Mom and sister, it's hard to feel like the outsider. Hugs for you too. Bummer on the connection issues, I hate to try and post anything from my phone too, just too small.

Jess, did you have a fun weekend at the Chateau?

I see Joanne is having lots of water fun.

Guess I'll get off here and start getting ready for bed.
#285 Posted : Sunday, June 23, 2013 11:36:01 PM(UTC)
housefullofrotties

Good middle of the night to all. I hope everyone had a nice weekend and Monday treat you well.

Jess
Dbson Offline
#286 Posted : Monday, June 24, 2013 6:50:49 AM(UTC)
Dbson

Phyllis praying for the family of the young man, such a tragic accident....sad, so very sad. Cody is a fighter......glad the electric part wasn't as bad as you had thought....

Renate for some reason I thought your family was going overseas.....glad they are still stateside...lots of work doing pictures....I have been scanning again for the genealogy project to help the 'new' relative. I still bake bread, but not every few days as I did....I try to have some on hand for hubby to share, I should bake some up on Wed to carry in to work on Thurs...plus need to load up the old microwave from the apt to take to work, then pick up a small one to replace it....still waiting for the thresholds (friend's son took new job with ambulance company) to go down then I can clean. If he doesn't get them down next week I will clean up best as I can since my cousin is due up in a couple weeks to visit. She will be able to stay there or in the house, whatever she chooses is fine with me. I still need to decide on the head board for the apt, may get down to HL this week and will check out some of their prints, canvas pics, etc....

Gracie gets a hair cut today about noon, she needs grooming about every 3 weeks.....finally getting the tear stain issue under control.....we thinking of taking a couple days and ride down to Vicksburg, MS.....we love history, especially the Civil War....even more now that I know about my ancestors and their struggles to survive this time. I need to get these next 3 work days under my belt and I will be free until later in July.....

Hello to all and have a great day.....need to get my day going.

Edited by user Monday, June 24, 2013 6:52:30 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#287 Posted : Monday, June 24, 2013 6:15:30 PM(UTC)
housefullofrotties

Hi! How is everyone?

Renate~Cool to the two years in Italy! I've heard about the Island of Murano. That would be neat to see. The ham in the crock pot was good, nothing special though. We really like them on the rotisserie. Either way is good for not heating up the house. What a busy day on the computer for you but nice to have a big project done. Enjoy the family time. I'm starting with 100 of the cards but know I'll need more. My guess is 150-175 but the RSVPs are still coming back. The place has a maximum capacity of 250 and I'm pretty sure they'll hit that. Glad you liked it!

Phyllis~Sure hope you can get the meds in Cody. Hugs and prayers to you all. The news about your SIL's nephew in tragic. My prayers go out to the family. I am impressed with everything you got done around the house! Hope your headache haas eased, my guess is stress.

Joanne~Sounds like you've got your hands full! Hope you were able to get a lot done at the crop. Enjoy your family time. That is crazy about Hernandez. People can be so stupid.

Deb~Good to see you've squeezed in some geneaology time. Hope you made it to the game tonight. It sounds like the apartment is just about ready to hold a castle crop!!Wink I hope you do get to travel a bit, that would be fun.

Pat~Glad you're in CA safely and had a good flight. I know the stress involved with being so far away from family and the conflicts that go with it. I hope the atmosphere is improving. We're all thinking of you.

Gramma~I picture a big smile on your face as you type about DGS! Good luck on those CAS cards.

My weekend was good and busy. I got those shelter cards done. They were really cute for being so simple. I hope they can be put to good use. Last week was so busy at work and this week is starting out the same. Makes the time go by fast but wears me out. 11 hour work days do me in. Next week I need to do five days of work in three but will love the long weekend. I'll need a full day of sleep after three 11 hour days in a row! I got called for jury duty the week of the 8th but need to call Sunday night to see if I'm needed. I wouldn't mind doing it if the timing wasn't so crappy. Coming off a short work week and getting ready for family coming at the end of the month. Add in stamp camp that needs to be prepped and the wedding thank yous that need to be done. It's just really not a good time for me!! I need to get ready for bed since the alarm goes off in less than five hours! Sweet dreams!

Jess
#288 Posted : Monday, June 24, 2013 11:29:22 PM(UTC)
housefullofrotties

Have a fabulous day!

Jess
#289 Posted : Wednesday, June 26, 2013 12:38:37 AM(UTC)
housefullofrotties

Holy crickets in the castle! Have a great day.

Jess
Dbson Offline
#290 Posted : Wednesday, June 26, 2013 1:12:49 PM(UTC)
Dbson

Wow, very quiet here.....
Hey Jess.....hope your MOW work day went well...sorry you are going to be working so hard....holidays are always nice, but boy do you pay.
Bought a cake carrier at WM the other day, spent a little time putting my initials on the top in navy vinyl.....turned out pretty nice.....we made it to Austin's ball game last night, we left at the bottom of the 6th inning, they were winning 14-10....they won 14-13, play again tonight but we will be at church. I have walked every morning this week, so far....ran some errands yesterday....supper tonight was done by 10 this morning...fried chicken tenders, potato salad and a blackberry cobbler....I cheated and bought a frozen dessert....I am not a huge fan of blackberries but hubby loves them.....anyway.....I am off to get a shower and leave for church about 4:30, have the bulletin to get taken care of before service......have a great night.
~Phyllis~ Offline
#291 Posted : Wednesday, June 26, 2013 5:21:24 PM(UTC)
~Phyllis~

Hello everyone, yes quiet in the castle. Not much going on around here, still having headaches and my energy is zapped. Extra strength Tylenol is my best friend lately. Jess, I do believe its stress related, I need to get a hold on myself and kick this before it kicks me.

Deb, sounds like Austin's team is doing well. You're still a busy busy person, send some of that energy my way.

Hello Renate, Gramma and Joanne, guess Pat is still having Internet problems.

I may go to my room tonight and see if I can find some motivation to make a card.
#292 Posted : Thursday, June 27, 2013 12:38:30 AM(UTC)
housefullofrotties

Hi everyone! Have a great day.

Jess
imnchghere Offline
#293 Posted : Thursday, June 27, 2013 9:32:58 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

Was thanked: 99 time(s) in 77 post(s)
Hello. Just want to cry. It was so hard to do anything using the phone. Tiny keeboard. Tiny screen. At least I can read things. Not confident I will get to the verizon store any day soon. I need to keep in mind why I am here. Sunshine is out, so we will do very short walks today. She is still in pain which is wearing thin on her. Thanks for listening.
RGK Offline
#294 Posted : Thursday, June 27, 2013 10:25:25 AM(UTC)
RGK

United States

Hello, just checking in quickly. I am working 1/2 days today and tomorrow. Of course I will get way behind with my work but can't be helped. We saw our local baseball team (Indpls Indians)play Tuesday night and win(they play good this year), chilled yesterday and little bit of everything today. I'm getting my baby-time! Dog is in the hospital with pneumonia since yesterday and not coming home yet ($$$).
I read the posts but can't remember all.
Deb, DS was supposed to go overseas but it changed, they're going to Ft Carson CO. Cool that DGS is winning games. Glad you are walking again.
Jess, yes Italy was great to see and live in. Although I was alone much and without TV and only 1 radio station and DH working long hours. But we went to see places on the weekend or went back to Germany to visit family occasionally.--That is a tall TY card-order you committed to. Hope you get a good count soon so you can prepare.--Have a good Friday. Any plans for the weekend?
Phyllis, sorry about the headache. I hope you are better today. I had a weird headache the other day, think it came from the storms moving in. It was gone yesterday. How is Cody?
Pat, sorry you are having all those Internet troubles. Yes, typing on those tiny keys is a PITA.Do you think your mom will need surgery after all? Sometimes it takes care of the pain. Hope you are getting some enjoyment out of the trip.
Well, better see what the plans are for today. We are tired of eating out and want home cooked meals so I will make chicken strips and peppers over rice. Yesterday we had hamburgers, mac and cheese and vegetables.
Hello to all who will stop by. Renate
Dbson Offline
#295 Posted : Thursday, June 27, 2013 6:28:25 PM(UTC)
Dbson

Evening, going to be short, I am tired tonight....very busy day and I also worked till 5, hubby was there for his appt and we left at the same time....tomorrow is my day alone, so I need to be there early with my running shoes on....

Pat sorry about the internet issues, saw the FBI pics...

Phyllis hope you feel better soon....

Renate enjoy baby time.....sorry about the sick dog.....

Hello to all that drop in, I am so sleepy I may go to bed early.....night......

Edited by user Saturday, June 29, 2013 7:23:09 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#296 Posted : Friday, June 28, 2013 12:39:50 AM(UTC)
housefullofrotties

TGIF! I can't imagine anyone happier than me that Friday if finally here. Have a fabulous day!
Deb, you may not have meant to, but you made me LOL!!

Jess
Dbson Offline
#297 Posted : Saturday, June 29, 2013 7:26:32 AM(UTC)
Dbson

Good Saturday morning, been a busy sort of week for me. Yesterday went well at the office, I didn't have anything major come up I didn't know how to handle except putting the phone on 'evening answering', had to get the doc to try and help me, then he found out the greeting was 'old' so he taped a new one, we were out the door. I fell asleep in the recliner before 9 and woke up about 1:45.....that was some good sleep....this morning have cinnamon rolls rising for church tomorrow, going to enjoy a lazy summer day here at home. I hope everyone has a great day and will check in later.....
#298 Posted : Saturday, June 29, 2013 9:16:18 AM(UTC)
housefullofrotties

Happy Saturday! It looks like everyone is managing to keep really busy! Hope everyone is diong well.

Deb~I see that you've been putting in some kitchen time. Glad things went well at work and you were able to get the minor issue resolved. Have you decided on MS?

Phyllis~Thinking of you and wondering how you're all doing. I hope you've managed to get the headaches under control and find some "healing" time in your room.

Pat~Thinking of you as well and hoping things are going a little better out there. Sorry to hear your mom is still in pain. I'm glad your having success with the other projects.

Renate~Getting behind at work is worth the family time! Glad you're enjoying it. Oh no on the dog being sick. How is he doing now? I hope I get a good count soon too. I don't think the bride has a clue how much time is involved or realize that I work a F/T job plus my stamp camp each month. Oh well, I didn't have to do all that I'm doing so I can't put all the blame on her. The wedding will be here soon and then we can move on!

Hi Gramma and Joanne!

I'm home this weekend and Brad is up in Northern WI with friends doing a roof for a friends grandpa. He took the boat so I guess they get some play time too. I made a list of things I need to do this weekend and if you all saw it you'd either laugh at me or cry for me! I don't see any possible way to get it all done! I had a list of things I needed from the store so I stopped at WM on my way home from work. Refused to pay the prices on a few things I needed. Since I had decided to make another run to a different store I checked my pantry for inventory on a few things. Ended up cleaning that and had a huge list. More shopping but also did enough so I don't have to stop before we go to the chateau next week (except for lettuce and tomatoes). Was going to run to Menards to get paint to do a patch job in my bathroom and decided to look more closely at the stacks of paint cans in the basement and found both. Please keep your fingers crossed that the patch job works, if not, the whole bathroom needs to be redone. Need to get a SU! order together to be entered on Monday before work and need to get my ingredient list for stamp camp done. My big project for the day is wedding thank yous. I haven't made a dent in my list. I'll check back in later. Hope everyone has a productive day!

Jess
RGK Offline
#299 Posted : Saturday, June 29, 2013 5:42:09 PM(UTC)
RGK

United States

Hello,
we lost Moses. The pneumonia on top of the cough he's had for years was too much. Have not had much time to let it sink in, busy with DS and family. They are leaving tomorrow.
Jess, you took on too much as usual LOL. Hope you are relaxing at least some time.
Deb, I knew you would do well at the office. Glad you got some rest in your recliner, seems like you woke up too early though.
Hello to everyone else...have a good rest of the weekend. Renate
#300 Posted : Saturday, June 29, 2013 7:33:13 PM(UTC)
housefullofrotties

Renate~I am so, so sorry. My heart hurts for you. RIP Moses. And the kids leaving on top of that. Big hugs to you.

I'm struggling with the paint. It's humid here and the paint is tacky and the primer is popping through in a couple places. Otherwise it's been all cutting and punching paper. Best get back to it. Sweet dreams everyone.

Jess