Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

4 Pages<1234>
DeeScraps Offline
#31 Posted : Friday, June 21, 2013 5:04:56 PM(UTC)
DeeScraps

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 716 time(s) in 547 post(s)
Nana Donna.....thanks for the info on where you got the vinyl.

Bingolady...Great card! I like the sentiment and the brad you used with it....also the embossing on the card. Very "bright" patterned paper, very eye-catching and a great use of last week's colors.

We've been having bad storms for the last few days. It's that time of the year, but after several years of very little rain, it's taking some getting used to. I keep turning everything off and unplugging things. LOL.

Dee
TurtleBug Online
#32 Posted : Friday, June 21, 2013 8:18:28 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Was thanked: 939 time(s) in 604 post(s)
Hi Ladies,
You WILL notice my HUGE boo-boo on the top right hand corner. I went to stamp the balloons and put the acrylic stamp UPSIDE DOWN on the block!!! I ended up with a big blob. It was the last thing I was adding to finish the card....so ...snip off that corner and there you have it!Angry Angry Angry

My #1 Sketch Card:
Banners - Celebrationscartridge
Balloon Stamp - CTMH "Life is Tweet" collection
Ovals - Plantain Schoolbook cartridge
Sentiment - CTMH "Life is Tweet" stamp
Spikey Oval - Lacy Labels cartridge
Added buttons and red embroidery thread. Used gold & silver gel pen accents on the stamped balloons and Boo-boo repair. The balloon cuts on the banners I shadowed different colors and added Diamond Glaze for shine.
TFL!! Smile

Edited by user Saturday, June 22, 2013 12:56:59 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked TurtleBug for this useful post.
DeeScraps on 6/22/2013(UTC)
TurtleBug Online
#33 Posted : Saturday, June 22, 2013 12:51:17 AM(UTC)
TurtleBug

My Sketch Card #2 in the Ad Colors:

Flower - Pre-made from Michael's Recollections line...I added the center blue flower.
"Missing You" - Stamping cart...Added pearls to dot the "eyes".
Butterfly - MS punch,I layered three times and sprayed with "Interference Violet" Pearl X and attached it with 3-D Glue Dot for diminsion.
Embossing - CB "Script" folder.
Blue Flowers - Gifted to me by BingoLady... Thanks!Smile
Border - Paper Trimmings cart...I sized in CCR to fit the card.
TFL!!Smile

Edited by user Saturday, June 22, 2013 12:54:53 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked TurtleBug for this useful post.
DeeScraps on 6/22/2013(UTC)
DeeScraps Offline
#34 Posted : Saturday, June 22, 2013 5:34:12 AM(UTC)
DeeScraps

Good morning everyone and a Happy Saturday to you. I hope life gives you time to craft a little today.BigGrin

Turtlebug...Your Card #1 is very nice and cheerful. We would never have suspected you were working around a "boo-boo" unless you told us. You covered it well. Your #2 Card came out great. I like how you used the Ad Colors and the embossing is perfect for the background. Beautiful flower from Michael's and a very interesting bottom border.

Dee
 1 user thanked DeeScraps for this useful post.
TurtleBug on 7/2/2013(UTC)
DeeScraps Offline
#35 Posted : Sunday, June 23, 2013 1:48:29 PM(UTC)
DeeScraps

It's been very quiet around here...what's everyone been doing? I've been sorting my "mess" so I can find things easier.

Question: What do you do with the extra die or Cricut cuts you make? I also have extra stamped images because I always usually stamp more than one in case I want to stack them. It was getting so that I didn't know which ones I had or where they were. LOL

I still need to make the easel card....maybe tonight.

Dee
*NanaDonna* Online
#36 Posted : Sunday, June 23, 2013 4:20:24 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Was thanked: 2594 time(s) in 1355 post(s)
Well hope everyone is having a great weekemd. I FINALLY got one of mu cards done.
Here is my sketch #2 in the ad colors.
Background paper from a K&Company paper stack.
Flowers are Jolee stickers. "With Sympathy" cut using an oldie but goodie cartridge Jasmine.

Hope I get to make another card but not sure I will. We are on the count down days till Miss Emma and her Mommy leave to move back to MaineCrying Crying Crying I still have a few projects I need to finish uo for them to take back with them.
Sorry I haven't been around much, besides all that going on I have been busy trying to make the reservations for our upcoming vacation in two weeks.
TurtleBug Online
#37 Posted : Sunday, June 23, 2013 9:54:39 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

BingoLady
#3 - Very bright and colorful rainbow colors. Cute little "be happy" bumblebee. Are those all seperate circles or part of the pattern?? Very visual effect!

NanaDonna
#2 in Ad Colors - Very pretty, you nailed the Ad Colors! Pretty BG paper, love the flowers with the long stems. I LOVE using Organza ribbons, they are so sheer, it allows the color or pattern to show through for continuation under it. I hope you get all your projects done on time!

Still have to make my #3 skecth and my Extra Credit Easel card...where has the week gone??? My precious DGS Joey is playing in his first Little League ALL STAR Game on Tuesday. He and my DGD (his sister) will be here Monday and Tuesday all day since school is out... here's hoping I get to craft some!!

OhMyGod Scared We DON"T have a Host for this Wednesday, yet![OhMyGodScared

Edited by user Sunday, June 23, 2013 10:16:32 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

TurtleBug Online
#38 Posted : Sunday, June 23, 2013 10:39:05 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Originally Posted by: DeeScraps Go to Quoted Post

Question: What do you do with the extra die or Cricut cuts you make? I also have extra stamped images because I always usually stamp more than one in case I want to stack them. It was getting so that I didn't know which ones I had or where they were. LOL

Dee

Hi Dee
I certainly hear you!! I have SO many precuts and yet when I need something like a butterfly, a shape like a circle, square, oval, etc. it is never the right size or color I need at the moment, so I cut another. I have one of those 12X12 plastic boxes from Michael's full of precuts and about seven smaller boxes full of them, too. I try to get my DGD to use them when she wants to craft, but she likes using the Cricut and wants to cut her own. WHAT OH What to do with them all!!?LOLLOLLOL

DeeScraps Offline
#39 Posted : Monday, June 24, 2013 5:57:19 AM(UTC)
DeeScraps

Nana Donna....Very pretty #2 card and a good use of the ad colors. The BG paper is very "soothing" and the flowers go perfectly with paper. I hope you don't have to use the card any time soon. Have fun getting your projects finished and your vacation set up.

Turtlebug....You are so right....you never have the right size or color that you need! The really sad part is that I seldom think to even look at the cuts, but now that I have them organized it should be much easier to take advantage of them.

Dee
*NanaDonna* Online
#40 Posted : Monday, June 24, 2013 9:19:53 AM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Originally Posted by: DeeScraps Go to Quoted Post

I still need to make the easel card....maybe tonight.

Dee

Dee, I think we have all had that problem at one time or another. I have gone through a couple of solutions. First I bought one of those multi drawer things that guys use to keep all their screws and nails in and then sorted them in those drawers by theme. Some cuts were too big so then I had a binder with page protectors in it and placed the cuts in the page protectors again sorted by theme. After all that I STILL did not have the color or size cut I needed and kept cutting out more.

NOW
, I have a box that I throw things I cut in and don't use and once it gets filled up and randomly sort them and the "girls" (Bingolady & Turtlebug) get their goodie bagsBigGrin BigGrin
BingoLady Offline
#41 Posted : Monday, June 24, 2013 11:03:45 AM(UTC)
BingoLady

Was thanked: 954 time(s) in 642 post(s)
Turtlebug, #1 came out so nice , with all the bright colors. I don't see
no booboo.

Donna, even thought it's a smpathy card, cause it's sad when you have to make them.
It came out so pretty. I like the paper and the flowers, I like the bling on them.

Come on ladies, we need a host for next week.Crying Crying Love
 1 user thanked BingoLady for this useful post.
TurtleBug on 6/24/2013(UTC)
*NanaDonna* Online
#42 Posted : Monday, June 24, 2013 12:32:53 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

IF you do not get a hostess for next week maybe we can run this challenge for another week since it has been so slow and no one seems to have been able to get to the extra credit yet.

Is that OK with you DEE and the others????
I know it would give me more time to get the sketches and extra credit done.
TurtleBug Online
#43 Posted : Monday, June 24, 2013 4:40:45 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

It's fine by me if Dee is willing to extend her Host week.Smile
DeeScraps Offline
#44 Posted : Monday, June 24, 2013 6:21:54 PM(UTC)
DeeScraps

I think going another week would be a good idea. My mojo seems to have taken a vacation. LOL.

I had all my extra cuts, punches, etc., spread out on my bed today and seriously thought of throwing them all out!!!! I didn't though...and they are all nicely sorted into baggies. I clumped the categories and hope I at least get to use some of them. I've kept the "newer" ones separate, as those are the ones I'm more likely to use. Now I need to tackle the "scraps." I have two Iris plastic hanging file holders. One for patterned paper, which is also broken up into "baby"....Halloween....and Christmas. I will split those up more, but I'm not sure how yet. The other holder is done by colors. When doing cards all these come in handy, but it's time to also weed them out. Some are probably 15 or more years old. LOL.

Anyone have a tip on organizing your smaller paper pads? I try to keep the scraps with the pads.

I'm also in the middle of stamping and cataloging my House Mouse Stamps and my Magnolia Stamps. So I have lots to keep me busy for the next few days....well, we all know it will be longer than that!

Dee
Hannah. Offline
#45 Posted : Monday, June 24, 2013 6:36:27 PM(UTC)
Hannah.

Was thanked: 74 time(s) in 35 post(s)
thanks for extending another week, I seem to be in a rut and not producing anything. I have a queen size quilt to finish for the 10th of July for a silent auction that takes place every year for a charity. So cards are being put aside for another few days. I did make another twisted easel card that I hope you like
File Attachment(s):
DSCF8883.JPG (1,732kb) downloaded 26 time(s).
DSCF8884.JPG (1,704kb) downloaded 15 time(s).
LisaW. Offline
#46 Posted : Monday, June 24, 2013 8:44:36 PM(UTC)
LisaW.

United States

Was thanked: 146 time(s) in 102 post(s)
I would love to have another week also...only seemed to have gotten one done so far. My creativity has flown the coup and would love a chance to try an easel card..haven't done one of those yet.

I just hosted a couple weeks back but if we decide not to extend it another week then I can pick us a few sketches...just won't have any samples made up.

Lisa

TurtleBug Online
#47 Posted : Tuesday, June 25, 2013 2:08:15 AM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Hi Ladies,
Glad we are extending Dee's Host week. Just finished this card and it is 2am here in Tucson. Will not have time to work on my Easel card on Tuesday.....DGS and DGD here all day then off we go to his Little League All Star game. Plan to get started on my Easel card soon!

My Sketch Card #3:

Tag - Spellbinders die, sentiment computer-generated, added a small metal car Brad.
Pattern Paper - "All Seasons" stack
Embossing - Cuttlebug "Clockworks" and "Houndstooth" folders
Orange Corners - Are store-bought glittered photo corners. (glitter hard to see)
Banners - I welded the banners on CCR from the Sports Mania cartridge, which I sized to fit the card, the little arrows and question mark I cut and sized on CCR from the Accent Essentials cartridge. Added Jute cord to the banner.
TFL!!Smile

Have a happy day!

Edited by user Tuesday, June 25, 2013 2:12:31 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

BingoLady Offline
#48 Posted : Tuesday, June 25, 2013 1:28:19 PM(UTC)
BingoLady

Well ladies, here is my Bendi card. I'v never made one before. Believe me
I used alot of my scraps on this card. I hope my teacher likes it.BigGrin
BingoLady attached the following image(s):
# 3 sketch 060.jpg
DeeScraps Offline
#49 Posted : Tuesday, June 25, 2013 3:02:09 PM(UTC)
DeeScraps

Hannah.....I finally got your card to open for me and it's beautiful. I love the colors and all the bling. Did you make the flowers? Just perfect....and what a wonderful remembrance for someone!

Turtlebug...Great card...very colorful and perfect for a vacation card. That looks like a good paper stack to have. I think I just bought that embossing folder. It looks good on the card.

Bingolady....I think you meant to say "Easel" card and not "Bendi" card. You picked a nice selection of cuts. They all worked well together. Now you have another Christmas Card to add to your stash!BigGrin

Dee
BingoLady Offline
#50 Posted : Tuesday, June 25, 2013 3:18:05 PM(UTC)
BingoLady

Oh, oh, sorry, yes my Easel card.Blushing Blushing Laugh
The Bendi card was last week.BigGrin

Edited by user Tuesday, June 25, 2013 3:19:35 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

*NanaDonna* Online
#51 Posted : Tuesday, June 25, 2013 5:42:19 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Hello all, just peaking in. Busy day today, got my nails done then a little shopping
with Emma's Mommy before they leave tomorrow.
I started my sketch #1 yesterday and have the background paper pieces cut out, however it looks like I won't get back to finish it till ThursdayMellow because we have to take Emma & her Mommy
to Phoenix to fly out late Thursday. They will get to spend a day with Emma's Granpy & Granny. They are getting excited to finally be back together as a family again. WE will miss them terriblyCrying Crying Crying Crying. Now off to make dinner.
Hannah. Offline
#52 Posted : Tuesday, June 25, 2013 10:19:53 PM(UTC)
Hannah.

Dee thanks for the comments, yes I did make all the flowers I used Flower Shoppe cartridge. I also did manage to get sketch 2 card done will post it tomorrow. With the challenge being extended I hope to get all the sketches done.
Well done everyone. There are some amazing cards and so much talent. I am surely in great company. cheers....
DeeScraps Offline
#53 Posted : Wednesday, June 26, 2013 5:02:00 AM(UTC)
DeeScraps

Nana Donna and Hannah....I'm looking for ward to seeing your new cards when you do post them.

I can't pop back until tonight as I will be tied up with doctor appointments all day.

Have a good day, Dee

Edited by user Wednesday, June 26, 2013 5:02:40 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Hannah. Offline
#54 Posted : Wednesday, June 26, 2013 6:21:37 AM(UTC)
Hannah.

This is my version of sketch 2.

I used what I could in the ad colours.

Roses were made using Flower Shoppe cart. and leaves are MS punch.
Paper is DCWV All Occasion a gift from a friend.

Hoping to have sketches 1 & 3 done and posted by tomorrow.

I haven't added a sentiment at this time. TFL

Edited by user Wednesday, June 26, 2013 6:22:50 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

File Attachment(s):
DSCF8903.JPG (1,776kb) downloaded 30 time(s).
TurtleBug Online
#55 Posted : Wednesday, June 26, 2013 1:10:19 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Hannah
Twisted Easel Card - Sorry not able to open. Will comment later.Angry Angry
Wising you good luck getting the quilt done by July 19th!

BingoLady
Same on your easel card...be back later to check.Sad Sad

NanaDonna
Have a safe trip to Phoenix! Wishing Emma & Mommy a safe plane trip back East to join Daddy and Hubby!

Dee
Wishing you a clean bill of health at the Doctor's!ThumpUp

Angry Angry Does anyone at Cricut even care if this MB is functioning correctly!!!!!!!!AngryAngry

Edited by user Wednesday, June 26, 2013 1:11:27 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

TurtleBug Online
#56 Posted : Thursday, June 27, 2013 3:22:37 AM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Here it is 14 HOURS later and STILL not able to open any attachments....3am...I tried...I'm off to bed!!Sleep Sleep Sleep Good Night...I mean Good Morning!!LOL LOL
DeeScraps Offline
#57 Posted : Thursday, June 27, 2013 6:16:25 AM(UTC)
DeeScraps

Good morning everyone.

Hannah....I was finally able to open your card this morning and it's so pretty. I love those colors together. More beautiful flowers too...I think you are becoming our "Queen" of making flowers!

I actually "designed" a card while I was waiting at the eye doctor yesterday. I think it's the first time ever, as I usually just "wing" them. LOL. I hope I get it done today.

Dee
Hannah. Offline
#58 Posted : Thursday, June 27, 2013 7:40:00 AM(UTC)
Hannah.

Thanks Dee for the comments, I just enjoy making those flowers and I am still playing around with the other cuts on the cartridge. I usually make 6 in a variety of shades of each colour so I have them on hand when I need them.

I am looking forward to you posting your first designed card I am sure it will be beautiful. The ladies in the challenge group are so amazing that there are times I think now why didn't think of that when I look at their cards.

cheers
*NanaDonna* Online
#59 Posted : Thursday, June 27, 2013 7:59:12 AM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Originally Posted by: TurtleBug Go to Quoted Post

NanaDonna
Have a safe trip to Phoenix! Wishing Emma & Mommy a safe plane trip back East to join Daddy and Hubby!

Angry Angry Does anyone at Cricut even care if this MB is functioning correctly!!!!!!!!AngryAngry

[size=6]
Well we made the trip to Phoenix to take Emma & her Mommy up there so they could fly out to Boston late tonight. It was a fast safe trip but heart wrenching. It was a very very bittersweet good-bye. We will miss Emma beyond what wordsCrying Crying Sad can explain but I know how very happy and excited her Daddy is that they are all going to be together again.
I will get in my craft room today and see where my mojo will take me, IF I even have anySad . I do have a a lot of cleaning and picking up to do as Miss Emma loved to play with my wood stamps. She would bring one to me every day and say "tatoo tatto" and I would have to stamp it on her arms!Wub

AND as far as Cricut or Provo Craft caring about the MB board working the answer is probably NO THEY DO NOT CARE! If you were to call them and tell them about all the problem they would blame it on your computer, your internet, your browser whatever the excuse of the day is!!!!!!!! OR they would say they are aware of it and working on it ha ha ha ha and that could take them a year to fix. OOPS Sneaky sorry to vent I have called way to many times and have gotten that answer for whatever the problem was!

Edited by user Thursday, June 27, 2013 8:37:42 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked *NanaDonna* for this useful post.
DeeScraps on 6/28/2013(UTC)
SandyOtt1 Offline
#60 Posted : Thursday, June 27, 2013 8:11:52 AM(UTC)
SandyOtt1

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 19 post(s)
Thanks for extending another week. I spent last weekend organizing my paper and embossing folders, will post pictures later, and didnt have time to actually scrap. Looking for a crafty weekend.

Sandy