Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

krafty kate Offline
#1 Posted : Saturday, June 22, 2013 12:32:19 PM(UTC)
krafty kate

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 74 time(s) in 57 post(s)
Hi to the Imagine fans Out there,

I know you exist and I'm one of them.

I have been away from the forums and my machines for some time now and I am just getting back into the swing of things and trying to get all my machines up to date so that I can resume my crafting. I have now updated my Gypsy, CDS and E2 and I have also downloaded the CCR.

I never updated my Imagine when the tenuous links were first developed with the CCR, a few years ago now. The forums at that time were full of really sad posts about dead machines and it made me very nervous. My machine was fine and it cut well, so I never bothered. My build number is :-
0111:0025:0229:202A (pathetically low I know).

I now find that the machine is discontinued and ink cartridges might/might not be read by machines that have not been updated!!! The usual PC problems with updates and death have circulated around but there is nothing very recent on this forum, so I'm a bit more worried than usual. I feel tumble weed could blow across the page any moment.

Does anyone know if:-
Updates for the 'I' are still available?
If they are still available, how long will they remain so?

Some links on the forum pages DON'T seem to work any more! Has this forum also been killed off too?

I am unsure as to whether I can or should update my 'I' now, to future proof it or if said update will mean a sad and premature end to a much loved crafting assistant.

If you are still out there Imagine guru's and fans please give any advice/help that you can.

Regards
Krafty Kate
 1 user thanked krafty kate for this useful post.
BJR on 7/1/2013(UTC)
CricutGena Offline
#2 Posted : Saturday, June 22, 2013 1:22:13 PM(UTC)
CricutGena

Was thanked: 997 time(s) in 319 post(s)
Hello! The Imagine updates are still available through Cricut Sync. From the firmware you posted it looks like you are long overdue. It is very critical for you to update this machine completely. It should take at least an hour and a half to complete. You will also need new HP 97 and 98 ink cartridges. The Imagine inks are expired and will not work in the Imagine any more. This update may be hard to install because of the old firmware currently in the machine, if you need assistance please call customer service at 877-7cricut, we can assist you over the phone.

-Cricut Gena
 1 user thanked CricutGena for this useful post.
krafty kate on 6/23/2013(UTC)
krafty kate Offline
#3 Posted : Saturday, June 22, 2013 2:07:05 PM(UTC)
krafty kate

Originally Posted by: CricutGena Go to Quoted Post
Hello! The Imagine updates are still available through Cricut Sync. From the firmware you posted it looks like you are long overdue. It is very critical for you to update this machine completely. It should take at least an hour and a half to complete. You will also need new HP 97 and 98 ink cartridges. The Imagine inks are expired and will not work in the Imagine any more. This update may be hard to install because of the old firmware currently in the machine, if you need assistance please call customer service at 877-7cricut, we can assist you over the phone.

-Cricut Gena

Hi Cricut Gena,

Thanks for the response.

I was worried that I'd have to bite the bullet and update. I just hope that it doesn't kill my machine because I would be heart broken, as I love it to bits.

As I live in the UK calling PC's CS might be difficult.

Do you have a European CS number if the going gets tough?

Regards
Krafty Kate
scrapalette Offline
#4 Posted : Saturday, June 22, 2013 2:25:59 PM(UTC)
scrapalette

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 19028 time(s) in 8503 post(s)
You can find the international number by clicking the SUPPORT tab and then Contact Us.

International customers:
UK: 0808 101 7032
Outside of UK: 0044 0808 101 7032
Hours 2pm – 1am GMT/UTC
email: isupport@provocraft.com
 1 user thanked scrapalette for this useful post.
krafty kate on 6/22/2013(UTC)
krafty kate Offline
#5 Posted : Saturday, June 22, 2013 3:00:05 PM(UTC)
krafty kate

Originally Posted by: CricutGena Go to Quoted Post

-Cricut Gena

Hi Cricut Gena,

One small question............

IF this update kills my machine would PC replace it?

I know that I am outside the US, living in the UK, and you apply strange warrantee rules but if my machine is happy and working and this makes it unhappy and not working would PC replace it?

Just wondering BigGrin

Krafty Kate
BJR on 7/1/2013(UTC)
CricutGena Offline
#6 Posted : Saturday, June 22, 2013 9:50:32 PM(UTC)
CricutGena

Was thanked: 997 time(s) in 319 post(s)
Hello again. The updates do not harm machines, they improve the functionality of the machines. Our customer service department can assist you should you need assistance. Just give us a call, we will be happy to assist you!
-Cricut Gena
sue4e85811d8 Offline
#7 Posted : Sunday, June 23, 2013 3:36:39 AM(UTC)
sue4e85811d8

United Kingdom

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 8 post(s)
I also live in the UK and own an Imagine. I haven't updated it for about 10 months, so I am not sure whether I am up to date either. I am currently on
0123:0035:0240:202C
Version 1.01.
I still have quite a few of the original Cricut Imagine printer cartidges and the ones currently in my machine are working fine even though the expiry date is last year. I might add that Create and Craft sold me the last lot and the expiry date on those was June 2012 and I only bought them in April this year! I am concerned about updating my machine in case it renders my machine unable to recognise the original print cartridges as I have about 4 colour and 4 black and white ones to use yet. To date (fingers crossed) my machine is working very well and prints well too.

Once I have used my cartridges up I will then bite the bullet and update it so that it will accept the alternative HP cartridges.

krafty kate Offline
#8 Posted : Sunday, June 23, 2013 11:43:13 AM(UTC)
krafty kate

Well Imagine fans,

What a way to spend a Sunday, hand in heart sweating over a dearly loved machine and the internet. I had to bite the bullet as the 'I' wasn't recognising print/ink cartridges any more.

It all ended well, I am really thrilled to announce. I was SO worried, as I had not updated for an age.

There were a few sticking points.

The first was when my Cricut Sync was sulking, a quick uninstal and reinstal made sure it was up to date and happy to continue.

The second was when the 'I' asked for cartidges to be installed, I mistakenly thought 'I' cartridge not ink cartridge (despite the pictorial clue on the screen) but I soon sorted that out but then the Sync decided that the 'I' was sulking and it had 'stopped working' and wasn't talking to it any more. At this very moment the 'I', on the other hand, was happily doing a print head alignment, then it did a test print & cut.

My new build number is:-
0126 0025 0239 202C

I hope that this is the new full version.

I can not tell you how relieved I am. My ink cartridges are recognised and the machine seems back to its happy self.

Now I have to work on my Gypsy to find out why after four attempts it is still struggling to load the Imagine Updates, not because I want to use the Gypsy with the 'I' but because if an update is supposed to complete it should. The build number for the Gypsy is 0232 0286

I will continue, hopefully for some time, as a happy Imagine lover. I am sad that it has been withdrawn, it's crafting potential was amazing, a little flawed, but still amazing. I understand how those who struggled with their machines felt and I can also understand why PC came to the decision that it did. It is still, however, sad.

Thank you all for your help/input and advice
Krafty Kate

jody3316 on 6/24/2013(UTC)
Dragonfly50 Offline
#9 Posted : Sunday, June 23, 2013 12:43:45 PM(UTC)
Dragonfly50

United States

Was thanked: 1221 time(s) in 728 post(s)
Glad it worked out for you and that you get many more years of creating pleasure from your beloved machine.

D~
(not an I owner)
 1 user thanked Dragonfly50 for this useful post.
sue4e85811d8 Offline
#10 Posted : Sunday, June 23, 2013 1:50:55 PM(UTC)
sue4e85811d8

United Kingdom

I am so pleased that your Imagine updated successfully and is now recognising your ink cartridges. As I said in my previous message, I am still using the original ink cartridges. Which ones are you using? I am a little confused as to which ones we need to buy when I have to move over to the alternative HP ink cartridges.
 1 user thanked sue4e85811d8 for this useful post.
krafty kate Offline
#11 Posted : Sunday, June 23, 2013 2:31:08 PM(UTC)
krafty kate

Originally Posted by: sue4e85811d8 Go to Quoted Post
I am so pleased that your Imagine updated successfully and is now recognising your ink cartridges. As I said in my previous message, I am still using the original ink cartridges. Which ones are you using? I am a little confused as to which ones we need to buy when I have to move over to the alternative HP ink cartridges.

I brought a load of Imagine ink carts from Create & Craft when they cut the price but my 'I' suddenly stopped recognizing the ones in my machine. After the update I installed my new 'I' ink cartridges.

From what I have read you will need Hp Tri-color 97 & Hp Black 98 when Imagine ink cartridges are no longer available. I believe my update will help my machine recognize out of date Imagine Ink Cartridge & the alternative Hp ones.

Hope this helps
Krafty Kate
sue4e85811d8 Offline
#12 Posted : Sunday, June 23, 2013 10:53:46 PM(UTC)
sue4e85811d8

United Kingdom

I do not tend to use the Cricut Craft Room as my Gypsy is working just fine (I try not to make it work too hard ha ha)which is why I have not bothered updating any of my machines since last year. I wonder if the last update I did which was last October has enabled my machine to recognise the out of date Imagine ink cartridges and the alternative HP ones as well. Only time will tell when I have to change my ink cartridges again. Thank you for confirming that we need HP97 and 98 when I finally do need to change over. I just hope we can buy them over here.
Kind regards,
Sue
CharleneWhite Offline
#13 Posted : Tuesday, June 25, 2013 5:04:19 PM(UTC)
CharleneWhite

Was thanked: 152 time(s) in 119 post(s)
So my question is.. I have not updated because I had two unused imagine ink carts here not realizing they had expiration dates. Are they no longer any good? I purposefully bought up a bunch of ink when it was discontinued so I could still use my machine. Do I toss the ink and update? Do I use the ink then update when I don;t use the machine a lot so the ink could take a while to run out? Help !!!! Suggestions!
MaryScraps Offline
#14 Posted : Wednesday, June 26, 2013 3:09:31 AM(UTC)
MaryScraps

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
United States

Was thanked: 6880 time(s) in 2797 post(s)
I am using my expired ink cartridges in my Imagine after it had been updated just fine.

You CAN use expired ink cartridges in the Imagine even after the update.

I have been doing it for months now.

I haven't purchased any Hp 97 or 98 yet. I have a lot of expired ink cartridges to use yet.

They work just fine. There were some faulty ink cartridges on the market that do not work.

I had only one such incident of receiving a faulty ink cartridge.

I hope this clears up some confusion regarding the Imagine Ink Cartridges.

There was a thread about this in Cricut chat

I will post the link when I find it. It was over a year ago this topic was addressed.

Edited by user Wednesday, June 26, 2013 3:21:06 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked MaryScraps for this useful post.
BJR on 7/1/2013(UTC)
sue4e85811d8 Offline
#15 Posted : Wednesday, June 26, 2013 4:14:41 AM(UTC)
sue4e85811d8

United Kingdom

Can anyone tell me what is the latest update for the Cricut Imagine please.
krafty kate Offline
#16 Posted : Wednesday, June 26, 2013 4:22:40 AM(UTC)
krafty kate

Originally Posted by: CharleneWhite Go to Quoted Post
So my question is.. I have not updated because I had two unused imagine ink carts here not realizing they had expiration dates. Are they no longer any good? I purposefully bought up a bunch of ink when it was discontinued so I could still use my machine. Do I toss the ink and update? Do I use the ink then update when I don;t use the machine a lot so the ink could take a while to run out? Help !!!! Suggestions!

Since the update my Imagine now recognises 'expired' inks-they were the only ink cartridges I had available to use. I did the update because the machine stopped recognizing the expire ink cartridges that I had in my machine.

I must confess I was going to put off the update, which is why I originally posted my question. I went to deep clean the print heads, as I had not used my machine for a long time and it showed no ink cartridges, once this had happened, my hand was forced and I had to act.

Now my machine is really happy and recognizes the 'expired' ink cartridges. I have just run off a 12x12 sheet of clocks from Heirloom, which looks AMAZING BigGrin

Hope that helps
Krafty Kate
BJR on 7/1/2013(UTC)
sue4e85811d8 Offline
#17 Posted : Wednesday, June 26, 2013 6:18:30 AM(UTC)
sue4e85811d8

United Kingdom

Thank you Krafty Kate. If I had read your previous post properly it would have told me the latest update there. I have been going through previous posts on the Cricut Chat and found the post which tells you the update for the new cartridges and as far as I can see I have that update and have updated since. I have not had any problems with my machine. It prints and cuts really well and in fact I have just had to print and cut a load of very detailed images from one of the cake cartridges to go on my daughter's wedding invitations and they look lovely (even though I say it myself). If it wasn't for the Imagine I dont know what I would have done except pay out a shed load of money to have them made.

I would just like to say thank you to everyone who has contributed to this message board. You are all wonderful people who help each other out when we have various issues with our machines.
 1 user thanked sue4e85811d8 for this useful post.
krafty kate on 6/26/2013(UTC)
krafty kate Offline
#18 Posted : Wednesday, June 26, 2013 9:37:29 AM(UTC)
krafty kate

I don't know if anyone noticed but I never did get this question answeredLaugh Laugh Laugh
BJR on 7/1/2013(UTC)
BJR Offline
#19 Posted : Monday, July 01, 2013 11:38:32 AM(UTC)
BJR

Was thanked: 446 time(s) in 327 post(s)
Exactly I did notice, and also the answer avoided it as well. They need to acknowledge when an update takes out your machine. It has happened with I's , Gypsys and E2's I believe - if there had been no problems with ans update we all would have gladly and blindy done them as we have in the past. BJR.
I definitely would like to know how long the updates would remain available as I am not in a position to do mine right now anyway.

Edited by user Monday, July 01, 2013 11:43:38 AM(UTC)  | Reason: added content