Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

Mari Offline
#1 Posted : Thursday, June 27, 2013 11:41:49 PM(UTC)
Mari

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 35 time(s) in 29 post(s)
When did taymeag stop doing auctions on ebay? I noticed today that thye only do buy it nows and with free shipping. I know they were still doing auctions 2 weeks ago. Is this a sign of the times and they weren't making enough money?
 2 users thanked Mari for this useful post.
rhondah* on 6/28/2013(UTC), cricaholic on 6/28/2013(UTC)
Jooniper Offline
#2 Posted : Thursday, June 27, 2013 11:52:12 PM(UTC)
Jooniper

Was thanked: 873 time(s) in 631 post(s)
I noticed that last night when I was looking for a uctions to bid on. Then I did some snooping around and noticed the BINS were all listed Jun 6. So, figured they must have gotten their acct restricted for some reason.

ETA: they only have 110 cricut cartridges listed right now. Last night they were over 200.

Edited by user Thursday, June 27, 2013 11:53:47 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

sewnmachine Offline
#3 Posted : Friday, June 28, 2013 5:44:58 AM(UTC)
sewnmachine

Was thanked: 351 time(s) in 235 post(s)
And their buy it now prices sure aren't any kind of deal. The prices look like just what the carts are going for here on the cricut website.

So yeah..... I wonder what's up?
TammyPuckett Offline
#4 Posted : Friday, June 28, 2013 6:07:52 AM(UTC)
TammyPuckett

Was thanked: 335 time(s) in 195 post(s)
Be leary of retrato22 on EBay! I purchased 2 carts that I knew were pre-orders that had already started shipping by the time I won the auctions. Once I got the tracking info, it showed me that it started at one place, went to another, back to the original location & then finally to me about a week later. I posted a neutral feedback & the crazy lady called my home!!!! I don't know how she even got my home phone! She kept harassing me with e-mails through EBay until I finally changed my feedback just to get her to leave me alone!
 2 users thanked TammyPuckett for this useful post.
rhondah* on 6/28/2013(UTC), Calmom on 6/28/2013(UTC)
rhondah* Offline
#5 Posted : Friday, June 28, 2013 6:42:26 AM(UTC)
rhondah*

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 14758 time(s) in 8873 post(s)
I loved getting the good deals on ebay through Taymeg. Hate to see it end. Maybe they just decided to take a break for a short time. Since it's run by PC maybe someone can let us know.
Mari Offline
#6 Posted : Friday, June 28, 2013 9:15:00 AM(UTC)
Mari

Things that make you go hmmm. It does make you wonder why they changed. I hope it is only a break.
Mari Offline
#7 Posted : Friday, June 28, 2013 9:19:06 AM(UTC)
Mari

Things that make you go hmmm. It does make you wonder why they changed. I hope it is only a break. On a sidenote, i see that auctionalysis has no carts listed, just a few magazines. What is going on lol???
Calmom Offline
#8 Posted : Friday, June 28, 2013 10:05:33 AM(UTC)
Calmom

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 2095 time(s) in 1069 post(s)
I know as a long time seller on EBay, that recently their Seller Fees have almost doubled. This could be a reason Taymeag2010 could no longer have auction style and have the Cartridge sell too cheap.

I do know that Taymeag2010 is NOT the only long time seller that has either switched to BIN or lowered their inventory on EBay.

I went to the Discussion Boards on EBay and I could see anything stand out other then the Fee Increase.
CowgirlUp Offline
#9 Posted : Friday, June 28, 2013 12:21:04 PM(UTC)
CowgirlUp

United States

Was thanked: 897 time(s) in 729 post(s)
I just looked on ebay and they have auctions again. there are 65 current auctions and 385 buy it nows.
 1 user thanked CowgirlUp for this useful post.
rhondah* on 6/28/2013(UTC)
cricaholic Offline
#10 Posted : Friday, June 28, 2013 12:47:33 PM(UTC)
cricaholic

Was thanked: 1198 time(s) in 681 post(s)
Blushing I haven't bought (ebay) carts in a long time.......Laugh ran out of storage room...but I have a bigger room and different storage...ThumpUp so I NOW have room for more carts...I hope she comes back....Scared I don't buy from anyone else....
jenny dennis Offline
#11 Posted : Friday, June 28, 2013 7:12:42 PM(UTC)
jenny dennis

Was thanked: 15734 time(s) in 3800 post(s)
Originally Posted by: TammyPuckett Go to Quoted Post
Be leary of retrato22 on EBay! I purchased 2 carts that I knew were pre-orders that had already started shipping by the time I won the auctions. Once I got the tracking info, it showed me that it started at one place, went to another, back to the original location & then finally to me about a week later. I posted a neutral feedback & the crazy lady called my home!!!! I don't know how she even got my home phone! She kept harassing me with e-mails through EBay until I finally changed my feedback just to get her to leave me alone!

thanks! I have purchased several carts from them and not had a problem but I just got the chalk board fonts I knew it was a preorder but it took almost 2 weeks to get it i did the BIN not auction. I went ahead and gave them the benifit of the dout because everything had been good before but now will think twice before I buy from them again I will not put up with a seller harrassing me I think I would report that to ebay because she should not have done that also if this helps you I saw on a seperate purchase that my phone# was on the paypal where you confirm your address.
Just Rachel Offline
#12 Posted : Friday, June 28, 2013 8:20:20 PM(UTC)
Just Rachel

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 16 post(s)
I had been watching this seller, but, had not yet purchased from them. Being new to Cricut, I want to build my cartridge collection!

Perhaps they were on vacation. I know the auctions were pretty much constant and I would think doing business would be difficult while away.
MarleneO Offline
#13 Posted : Friday, June 28, 2013 9:19:47 PM(UTC)
MarleneO

United States

Was thanked: 103 time(s) in 80 post(s)

If someone did that to me, calling my home and harassing me, I would NOT have changed my feedback for the better - I would have changed it for the WORSE!!! She has some nerve!
CricutLadyBug Offline
#14 Posted : Monday, July 01, 2013 4:48:46 PM(UTC)
CricutLadyBug

Was thanked: 47 time(s) in 22 post(s)
I too have bought many from taymeag2010 who is a fantastic seller always has many carts and customer service is great. I will continue to purchase their even if its not auctioned.
jscraftylady Offline
#15 Posted : Monday, July 01, 2013 7:02:09 PM(UTC)
jscraftylady

Was thanked: 2305 time(s) in 1240 post(s)
Just won a pink Expression with Pink Journey, Plantin and Accent Essentials for $80! Love taymeag, aka Provocraft.
SouthernVintage Offline
#16 Posted : Tuesday, July 02, 2013 7:23:45 AM(UTC)
SouthernVintage

United States

Was thanked: 801 time(s) in 713 post(s)

This happened just last week on an online order I placed. Not even realizing the company was about 30 miles away until I checked the tracking (thinking my pkg should have already been here from anywhere). My pkg went from company to a p.o. In my area, then to p.o. two hours away, then back to my p.o. It took at least a week. I complained to the company and was told once it went to FedEx, it was out of their hands. I understand that, but they should have given a better option for shipping IMO.
jscraftylady Offline
#17 Posted : Tuesday, July 02, 2013 8:00:55 AM(UTC)
jscraftylady

Was thanked: 2305 time(s) in 1240 post(s)
Originally Posted by: SouthernVintage Go to Quoted Post
This happened just last week on an online order I placed. Not even realizing the company was about 30 miles away until I checked the tracking (thinking my pkg should have already been here from anywhere). My pkg went from company to a p.o. In my area, then to p.o. two hours away, then back to my p.o. It took at least a week. I complained to the company and was told once it went to FedEx, it was out of their hands. I understand that, but they should have given a better option for shipping IMO.

They are correct that they can't influence how FedEx moves their product but they can choose to ship with someone else. If enough people complain, maybe they will.
ScrappinNanaK Offline
#18 Posted : Tuesday, July 02, 2013 5:57:04 PM(UTC)
ScrappinNanaK

Was thanked: 412 time(s) in 201 post(s)
I buy alot of my cartridges from Taymeag2010 If you order more than one cartridge at a time they ship fedex then fedex post I have had packages from taymeag2010 take almost 2 weeks with fed ex and fed ex post then they are delivered by the usps, but order one cartridge and boom it's here in 2 days. Its just that Fed ex and fed ex post are slower than slow.
 1 user thanked ScrappinNanaK for this useful post.
rhondah* on 7/2/2013(UTC)
rhondah* Offline
#19 Posted : Tuesday, July 02, 2013 10:07:14 PM(UTC)
rhondah*

United States

Was thanked: 14758 time(s) in 8873 post(s)
Originally Posted by: soarineagle_98 Go to Quoted Post
I buy alot of my cartridges from Taymeag2010 If you order more than one cartridge at a time they ship fedex then fedex post I have had packages from taymeag2010 take almost 2 weeks with fed ex and fed ex post then they are delivered by the usps, but order one cartridge and boom it's here in 2 days. Its just that Fed ex and fed ex post are slower than slow.

This is good to know. I won two auctions last night. Thanks for the heads up!
MOgoggingirl Offline
#20 Posted : Tuesday, July 02, 2013 11:00:44 PM(UTC)
MOgoggingirl

United States

Was thanked: 407 time(s) in 360 post(s)
I couldn't believe when I won a bid a couple of weeks ago from taymeag for PaperDolls Teen Scene for $17.99! I put in one bid for that price and when I checked a day later, I had won. Seemed kind of funny to me but I'm not complaining! I got what I wanted for the price I wanted to pay BigGrin ThumpUp

Edited by user Tuesday, July 02, 2013 11:01:37 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

ChelaDones Offline
#21 Posted : Wednesday, July 03, 2013 12:29:06 AM(UTC)
ChelaDones

Was thanked: 137 time(s) in 109 post(s)
Well as of this minute Taymeag 2010 has 930 items listed. 535 are auction listings.

I guess they are still in business.BigGrin

~Angela
ChelaDones Offline
#22 Posted : Wednesday, July 03, 2013 12:39:37 AM(UTC)
ChelaDones

Was thanked: 137 time(s) in 109 post(s)

I won 2 auctions from them over a year ago. They shipped quickly and the product was perfect, so I planned on giving them positive feedback. The thing that struck me as odd, was a little computer printed note asking for positive feedback. I gave them positive feedback (since I was going to anyway) and then waited for them to reciprocate. I waited and waited and waited. After about 10 days I sent a rather snotty note to them (through ebay). THEN they gave me positive feedback.
The nerve!

~Angela