Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

12 Pages<12345>»
KauaiMelody Offline
#61 Posted : Friday, June 28, 2013 2:50:13 PM(UTC)
KauaiMelody

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 2181 time(s) in 1024 post(s)
Originally Posted by: lauraa Go to Quoted Post
YOU ARE OBLIGED TO LOVE WHAT I MADE YOU -priceless!!!

I use it often, that way they can't throw it away IMMEDIATELY.LOL LOL LOL

Ok funny story that is a perfect tie in-
When I was a kid my Grandma had this neighbor who was probably a little slow or something, but I was a kid so didn't know any better. He made those crochet doll tissue covers that were all the rage in the 70's.
One day he comes over to Grandmas all excited to give me his gift.
Much to my 7 year old horror he made me a DOLLY PARTON complete with GIANT boobs, long wig, and frilly neon pink dress. I almost cried, but my mom made me thank him. My parents thought it was the funniest thing ever and showed everyone. I was actually scared of the thing and hid it in my closet. Man, I would pay to have that now....

I remember those Dolls. Dolly Parton w/Big Boobs-OhMyGod Mad Cursing How disappointing that would have been as a little girl, and you poor thing, having to sleep in the same room, with this hideous abomination, even if it was in your closestScared Scared Scared

You're right, so many things we got rid of that would have had value today. Just for kicks and giggles, this would be a hilarious swap, and to add insult to injury (no offense Colleen and Lauraa)they would have to be dressed in NEON. As the valley girls use to say, GAG ME WITH A SPOON!!!

Edited by user Friday, June 28, 2013 2:51:59 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked KauaiMelody for this useful post.
gonescrappin' on 6/28/2013(UTC)
DeniseE Offline
#62 Posted : Friday, June 28, 2013 11:57:24 PM(UTC)
DeniseE

United States

Was thanked: 341 time(s) in 308 post(s)
Originally Posted by: KauaiMelody Go to Quoted Post
Does anyone use a 1" circle punch, or cut 1" circles on their machines (using center cut for pics) and put them inside bottle caps? I have been punching these out a lot lately, as a friend of mine has been donating their caps. Anyone order bottle cap pics on line? I noticed etsy offers quite a few at $4.95 a sheet. (That's why I punched my own and used them on the bottle caps on my 4th of July tickets).

I am guilty of buying them on Etsy...but never for 4.95. I have quite a supply and use them for a lot of different things. I am also guilty of buying bottle caps, because we do not drink anything that has caps like that..and I like them flat..lol. So yes I do punch my own...but out of a collage sheet.

Denise
lauraa Offline
#63 Posted : Saturday, June 29, 2013 5:40:43 AM(UTC)
lauraa

Was thanked: 233 time(s) in 196 post(s)
Originally Posted by: DeniseEmmerich Go to Quoted Post
I am guilty of buying them on Etsy...but never for 4.95. I have quite a supply and use them for a lot of different things. I am also guilty of buying bottle caps, because we do not drink anything that has caps like that..and I like them flat..lol. So yes I do punch my own...but out of a collage sheet.

Denise

I think I need to try these too, I love them, so cute on anything!

" Just for kicks and giggles, this would be a hilarious swap, and to add insult to injury (no offense Colleen and Lauraa)they would have to be dressed in NEON. As the valley girls use to say, GAG ME WITH A SPOON!!!"

There would probably be an uprising and overthrow of the governing hostess if this swap went forward.

heaven43338 Offline
#64 Posted : Saturday, June 29, 2013 9:23:03 AM(UTC)
heaven43338

Was thanked: 75 time(s) in 69 post(s)
You can find allot of free printable bottle
caps online too.
I just binged it and got all these http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=++free+vintage+bottlecap+images&qpvt=++free+vintage+bottlecap+images&FORM=IGRE
I have some tucked away but forget to use them on projects, maybe I'll use some on this swap...

2 users thanked heaven43338 for this useful post.
lauraa on 7/1/2013(UTC), gonescrappin' on 7/2/2013(UTC)
KauaiMelody Offline
#65 Posted : Saturday, June 29, 2013 10:00:46 AM(UTC)
KauaiMelody

I think I need to try these too, I love them, so cute on anything!

" Just for kicks and giggles, this would be a hilarious swap, and to add insult to injury (no offense Colleen and Lauraa)they would have to be dressed in NEON. As the valley girls use to say, GAG ME WITH A SPOON!!!"

There would probably be an uprising and overthrow of the governing hostess if this swap went forward.

Oh dear, in light of that , I think this idea should be buried forever.

LoriSjogren Offline
#66 Posted : Saturday, June 29, 2013 10:20:37 AM(UTC)
LoriSjogren

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 2635 time(s) in 1561 post(s)
AAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW, THAT IS SO SWEET (It brought a tear to my eye) I remember being passed over in gym class too, downright painfulCrying

So in Special Recognition of left out NEON, we will make this officially, NATIONAL NEON WEEK.

You are all encouraged to post NEON pics here, in honor of this poor left out entity.

Thank you so much Laura and Colleen, for bringing this to our attention, and giving us the opportunity , to honor the left out and downtrodden. I think , there is a little NEON, in all of us.Laugh

So our mantra this week will be, NEON NEED'S LOVE TOO (proudly plagerized from Colleen)

CONFESSION: My toe nails are neon pink... and I like it!Blushing OhMyGod OhMyGod
KauaiMelody Offline
#67 Posted : Saturday, June 29, 2013 11:28:43 AM(UTC)
KauaiMelody

Originally Posted by: LoriSjogren Go to Quoted Post
CONFESSION: My toe nails are neon pink... and I like it!Blushing OhMyGod OhMyGod

UTTERLY AND UNEQUIVACALLY SHOCKING!!!! ( But I do appreciate you sharing this very private and intimate detail.) Thank you for trusting all of us , you are very courageous and a beacon to all NEON that is struggling to come out of the closetLOL LOL LOL

Edited by user Saturday, June 29, 2013 12:47:16 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

KauaiMelody Offline
#68 Posted : Saturday, June 29, 2013 11:43:12 AM(UTC)
KauaiMelody

Originally Posted by: heaven43338 Go to Quoted Post
You can find allot of free printable bottle
caps online too.
I just binged it and got all these http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=++free+vintage+bottlecap+images&qpvt=++free+vintage+bottlecap+images&FORM=IGRE
I have some tucked away but forget to use them on projects, maybe I'll use some on this swap...

As always, you are a wonderful resource for all things creativeWub I have placed this in our TIP section with featured crafters for handy, easy viewing. Congratulations, you made the featured crafter listCool

Check these out everyone, lots of images to get those creative juices flowing. If you do make a bottlecap, post it here so we can all be lookie loos. These are the perfect size to add to our tickets. You can add crackle, or resin, or glossy accents for protection. I distressed them with TH ink before adding a clear coat for a vintage effect. I tried to punch out an acetate circle, but the acetate got stuck. Going to try to cut out 1" acetate circles on cricut machine to see if I get better results.

So what other projects are you all working on??? Craft or otherwise, love to have you share and especially, look at any pics you have.

Edited by user Saturday, June 29, 2013 11:45:08 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

KauaiMelody Offline
#69 Posted : Saturday, June 29, 2013 11:57:37 AM(UTC)
KauaiMelody

Check out POST #3 when you log on
for our featured crafters tips, shares and ideas. I will be stalking each and every one of you, but in a good way, looking for wonderful posts to highlight all in a handy , dandy, spot.

I FEEL ANOTHER NEON VISUAL EXPERIENCE COMING ON. . .

I am posting this especially for Cricut Crazy. I think she would look rockin with this hair color. . . YOOHOO Barbara, what do you think???!!!(Additionally, the pretty yellow stars could look very nice on a ticket as well, perhaps with a moon too.)

Edited by user Saturday, June 29, 2013 12:57:18 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users thanked KauaiMelody for this useful post.
lauraa on 6/30/2013(UTC), gonescrappin' on 7/2/2013(UTC)
CricutCrazy Offline
#70 Posted : Saturday, June 29, 2013 1:48:20 PM(UTC)
CricutCrazy

Was thanked: 1068 time(s) in 782 post(s)
I am posting this especially for Cricut Crazy. I think she would look rockin with this hair color. . . YOOHOO Barbara, what do you think???!!!(Additionally, the pretty yellow stars could look very nice on a ticket as well, perhaps with a moon too.)

OMG!!!!!OhMyGod Scared I think my DH would leave me if I came home from the beauty salon looking like that ....but thanks for the "compliment ???" I happen to like neon colors as long as they are on someone else ! Razz Searching for bottle caps and cardboard 6 pack containers...hmmmmm sounds like I have developed a DRINKING problem OhMyGod LOL

I think I have figured out what I want on my tickets...so will go back to that in a minute.Love
CricutCrazy Offline
#71 Posted : Saturday, June 29, 2013 1:59:59 PM(UTC)
CricutCrazy

Was thanked: 1068 time(s) in 782 post(s)
Copy and Paste

1. Theme for my ticket strips: Teapots and teacups...silver tea service...

2. Style I would like: Vintage or Retro

3. Techniques for my partner to try: Heat embossing, distressing, silver leafing

4. Embellishments, materials I prefer: lace, doilies, silver charms,

5. Colors that would make me happy: Pinks, Brown, Silver, Ivory

6. I would like my partner to know: I do not want anything BLUE please !!
 1 user thanked CricutCrazy for this useful post.
CrafteerMisadventures on 7/1/2013(UTC)
heaven43338 Offline
#72 Posted : Saturday, June 29, 2013 6:41:48 PM(UTC)
heaven43338

Was thanked: 75 time(s) in 69 post(s)
Uh oh here comes the blue grinchFlapper
But I do like the idea of tea pots, cute theme!
 1 user thanked heaven43338 for this useful post.
CricutCrazy on 7/1/2013(UTC)
lauraa Offline
#73 Posted : Sunday, June 30, 2013 6:19:37 AM(UTC)
lauraa

So what other projects are you all working on??? Craft or otherwise, love to have you share and especially, look at any pics you have.

I'm working on planning out my swaps because I've joined 4 and my limit is 2. Good gravy-I hope I haven't over swaped.Huh Crying Blushing

The only other thing I'm doing is a super simple project of using washi tape to make a cute clothespin magnet. No pictures yet. As soon as we drink some beer, I'll try out the bottle caps.
KauaiMelody Offline
#74 Posted : Sunday, June 30, 2013 8:53:39 AM(UTC)
KauaiMelody

I'm working on planning out my swaps because I've joined 4 and my limit is 2. Good gravy-I hope I haven't over swaped.Huh Crying Blushing

The only other thing I'm doing is a super simple project of using washi tape to make a cute clothespin magnet. No pictures yet. As soon as we drink some beer, I'll try out the bottle caps.

Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh

It is very scary going over the swap limitScared

I am so glad you mentioned the washi project. How nice and simple to put it on a clothespin. I keep forgetting to buy some, have never used it before.
KauaiMelody Offline
#75 Posted : Sunday, June 30, 2013 9:06:52 AM(UTC)
KauaiMelody

ATTENTION ALL TICKET SWAPPERS:( Using Megaphone so Everyone Can Hear Me)

PARTNERS WILL BE POSTED TOMORROW!!!!BigGrin PM ME WITH YOUR ADDIE AND EMAIL IF YOU HAVEN'T ALREADY.

YOU MIGHT WANT TO TRADE PHONE NUMBERS WITH YOUR PARTNER AS WELL, SO WE CAN FACILITATE COMMUNICATION AVAILIBILITY AT ALL TIMES.

REMEMBER TO CHECK IN AT LEAST ONCE A WEEK. Love(Non-Communicators make us worry,causes stress, and may give partners and the hostess nervous ticks, ulcers, and sleepless nights -now why would anyone want to cause that. Soooooooooo please respect this swap, your partner and hostess. A simple JCI will suffice when life gets busy). ONE REMINDER WILL BE GIVEN, AND IF THERE IS NO RESPONSE, YOU WILL BE REGRETFULLY DROPPED.CryingCrying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying

Angels will be found should someone not be able to send. Everyone who makes and sends will receive, so if you have to leave, let me know so I can make arrangements to cover your absence. Talk to me if there are problems, or if you cannot send on time. We can work it out, as long as you continue to communicate, even if I we have to call Dr. Phil for guidance.LOL

Edited by user Monday, July 01, 2013 8:43:40 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users thanked KauaiMelody for this useful post.
Dancingstarr on 6/30/2013(UTC), gonescrappin' on 7/2/2013(UTC)
maria2193 Offline
#76 Posted : Sunday, June 30, 2013 1:18:55 PM(UTC)
maria2193

Was thanked: 119 time(s) in 115 post(s)
You Have 10 pokes, 3 pulls, and one big twist. . . you got me... I'm caving in!!Woot Woot

1. Theme for my ticket strips: beach, sandy shores, weathered wood

2. Style I would like: cottage by the sea

3. Techniques for my partner to try: distressing, distressing, distressing and/or chunky embossing

4. Embellishments, materials I prefer: sand (embossing), shells, rope, water (glossy accents)

5. Colors that would make me happy: soft blue/grays, tans/creams and/or off white

6. I would like my partner to know: no bright colors please, soft hues only!!

Smile Maria

KauaiMelody Offline
#77 Posted : Sunday, June 30, 2013 3:43:58 PM(UTC)
KauaiMelody

Yay Maria!!!! I had crossed my fingers and toes for you - and it worked!!! Welcome to the wonderful world of tickets with our premier players.BigGrin

CONGRATULATIONS CRAFTEERMISADVENTURES - YOU ARE OUR FEATURED CRAFTER TODAY!!!
Check out the Great Tips #3 for storing cuts, big and small. This will certainly help me. My cuts are filed in my books in my libray -pitifulHuh

Edited by user Sunday, June 30, 2013 4:31:42 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

3 users thanked KauaiMelody for this useful post.
maria2193 on 6/30/2013(UTC), lauraa on 7/1/2013(UTC), CrafteerMisadventures on 7/1/2013(UTC)
KauaiMelody Offline
#78 Posted : Sunday, June 30, 2013 9:13:06 PM(UTC)
KauaiMelody

Originally Posted by: DeniseEmmerich Go to Quoted Post

Denise

At that price, it was for one page DIGITALOhMyGod

maria2193 Offline
#79 Posted : Sunday, June 30, 2013 10:32:00 PM(UTC)
maria2193

Was thanked: 119 time(s) in 115 post(s)
Logged in just in time to see partners posted!!BigGrin

Scibberasjjj, happy to be partners with you!!!Woot Woot
sciberrasjjj1964cb0b Offline
#80 Posted : Sunday, June 30, 2013 11:32:24 PM(UTC)
sciberrasjjj1964cb0b

Was thanked: 36 time(s) in 32 post(s)
Melody-tried to PM you my contact info. Please let me know if you got it. TY
Hi Maria! Can't wait to swap these out.

Edited by user Sunday, June 30, 2013 11:39:17 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Lori fromTx Offline
#81 Posted : Monday, July 01, 2013 2:07:25 AM(UTC)
Lori fromTx

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 10 post(s)
I love that I have Lori sjorgen as my partner. LOL
No for getting who my partner is for sure.
I been digging in my goodies looking forward to this swap.
lauraa Offline
#82 Posted : Monday, July 01, 2013 5:11:00 AM(UTC)
lauraa

Originally Posted by: LoriSjogren Go to Quoted Post

I can't believe I missed this Lori! I wont tell anyone if you wont tell anyone that mine are neon blue! shhhhhh.LOL

I'm excited and a little nervous to have you as my partner Jean! I know this will be fun though, I Do love these little guys.
Are there any colors/themes you'd specifically like or anything goes for kids?
**Except glitter, too bulky, or neon of course!**
Laura

1 user thanked lauraa for this useful post.
LoriSjogren on 7/2/2013(UTC)
JeanP Offline
#83 Posted : Monday, July 01, 2013 6:39:46 AM(UTC)
JeanP

United States

Was thanked: 969 time(s) in 781 post(s)
I'm excited and a little nervous to have you as my partner Jean!
Are there any colors/themes you'd specifically like or anything goes for kids?
**Except glitter, too bulky, or neon of course!**
Laura

I'm sorry if I make you nervousSad I am pretty easy to pleaseSmile

Any colors, even neon is fine!!!! I just want to add them to cards so whatever you come up with is fine. Just can't have glitter or be too bulky.

Do you want all your strips the same or 5 different ones?

Either is fine with me.

Edited by user Monday, July 01, 2013 11:45:08 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

KauaiMelody Offline
#84 Posted : Monday, July 01, 2013 8:37:59 AM(UTC)
KauaiMelody

Originally Posted by: sciberrasjjj1964cb0b Go to Quoted Post
Melody-tried to PM you my contact info. Please let me know if you got it. TY
Hi Maria! Can't wait to swap these out.

Try sending it again, thanksLove

KauaiMelody Offline
#85 Posted : Monday, July 01, 2013 9:19:27 AM(UTC)
KauaiMelody

THIS SWAP HAS OFFICIALLY BEGUN. Wishing you all joyful crafting and super charged creative mojos.Laugh

So happy we are all partnered up and we finally can begin.BigGrin

Here is the Check in Schedule to help keep you on track.LoveA simple JCI is fine.If you are going on vacation or incapacitated in any way, ask your partner to check in for you.

JULY 1- JULY 7

JULY 8 -JULY 14

JULY 15-JULY 21

JULY 22-JULY 28

*JULY 29 - JULY 31

REMINDERS:

Week of July 1- July 7

Edited by user Monday, July 01, 2013 9:44:00 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

disneyfan52 Offline
#86 Posted : Monday, July 01, 2013 9:42:20 AM(UTC)
disneyfan52

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 248 time(s) in 136 post(s)
Quickie Ticket Swap!!! MAIL DATE IS JULY 31, 2013

SUMMER THEMED PARTNER TICKET SWAP:

Ideas to pick from:

Beach/Ocean/Sea Creatures/ Summer Love/ Summer Activities (Sailing, Fishing, Scuba, Diving,Barbeque, etc.)
OR WHATEVER MAKES YOUR PARTNER HAPPY (Justin Bieber, Lucky Lotto Numbers, Michael's coupons , Barbara's NEON hair etc.)

You will make 5 strips of 5 tickets each - attached but partners can decide between themselves how many they will make for each other, and then let me know. Find out what your partner wants and remember to read Questionnaire. Everyone is required to have one. Post pics of what you have made before you mail them in case your partner needs help posting pics. Tickets can be mailed in a small priority box for protection or a padded envie. A tracking number is required to post on the boards.

Styles to consider: vintage, shabby chic, steampunk, grunge,art deco, Asian, or whatever your
heart desires

Possible Techniques to try: Embossing (Cuttlebug), Heat embossed, Distressed, Stamped,Laminated,Alcohol Inked, Sewn,Painted, Polymer Clay, metal, Resin,Border Punched, Glimmer Misted, Embellished (bottle caps, Flowers,Beads, Found Objects, Die Cuts,etc.)

Strips are:
10 inches long and one inch wide.

Newbies welcome, you will be asked to mail first. Sorry, no flakers.

PM me with your addie, and email address, in case you get locked out.

PARTNERS: ( The first name makes for the name after the / )

1.KauaiMelody /Denise Emmerich

2.CrafteerMisAdventures /Cricut Crazy

3.Denise Emmerich / Kauaimelody

4.disneyfan 52/Gypsy Deb

5.Jean P/Lauraa

6.Gypsy Deb/ disneyfan 52

7.Heaven43338/gonescrappin

8.CricutCrazy/CrafteerMisadventures

9.Lori from TX/Lori Sjogren

10.Scibberasjjj/Maria2193

11 Lori Sjogren/Lori from TX

12.Laurahunter/Dancingstarr

13. Lauraa/Jean P

14.Gonescrappin/Heaven43338

15. Maria2193/Scibberasjjj

16. Dancingstarr/Laurahunter

[h]Are we supposed to do 5 strips the same way or can each strip be different with the same theme???
KauaiMelody Offline
#87 Posted : Monday, July 01, 2013 9:46:39 AM(UTC)
KauaiMelody

Good question Disney. Check with your partner to see what they would prefer. ThumpUp Also, let your partner know what you would like.

Edited by user Monday, July 01, 2013 9:48:03 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

disneyfan52 Offline
#88 Posted : Monday, July 01, 2013 1:47:50 PM(UTC)
disneyfan52

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 248 time(s) in 136 post(s)
Originally Posted by: GypsyDeb Go to Quoted Post
I would like to join.

1. Theme for my ticket strips:
anything beachy

2. Style I would like:
summer time, anything will be fine

3. Techniques for my partner to try:
Whatever you like

4. Embellishments, materials I prefer:
I'm really open to anything

5. Colors that would make me happy: blue, red

6. I would like my partner to know:

I love seeing how creative other people are and I will love whatever you come up with.
[/quote]

Sent you a pm but message box is full!Blushing
KauaiMelody Offline
#89 Posted : Monday, July 01, 2013 2:36:26 PM(UTC)
KauaiMelody

CONGRATULATIONS TO LAURAA -TODAYS FEATURED CRAFTER/POST #3

What a beautiful butterfly frame. :)

Edited by user Monday, July 01, 2013 3:31:35 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked KauaiMelody for this useful post.
lauraa on 7/2/2013(UTC)
DeniseE Offline
#90 Posted : Monday, July 01, 2013 4:28:16 PM(UTC)
DeniseE

United States

Was thanked: 341 time(s) in 308 post(s)
yay partnered with the bos ahhh um hostess.

Denise