Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

43 Pages123>»
lv2scrap02 Offline
#1 Posted : Thursday, June 27, 2013 12:51:52 PM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 1422 time(s) in 1118 post(s)
Ok girls here we go again....

Another hot and humid day chance of showers all day and thru the week

Grand daughter is napping and I am going to go and do a little scrapping ...

What are you up to today?

Edited by user Sunday, March 02, 2014 8:15:05 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

AlyaMama Offline
#2 Posted : Thursday, June 27, 2013 1:15:12 PM(UTC)
AlyaMama

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 238 time(s) in 200 post(s)
Hello-

Thanks for starting a new thread Nancy, the other one was really long.

We went to Jamal's sister's house, not so fun. SO boring as usual. They all speak Arabic and I chase Layla around the house. Tomorrow off to Jamal's mom's house for lunch, she wants to see Layla and I before we go to the States.

Only 5 more days until we leave. I'm a little nervous about the flight, what if Layla decides she's not going to be good? Oh well hopefully her cuteness will make up for any behvior problems.

Today I worked on more Rmadan Decorations. My freind here went to a bookstore I've had my things in at Christmas time and she said they had NOTHING for Ramadan, so I'm trying to come up with stuff.

Better go to bed, lots to do.

I'm going to go back to the other thread and see what I missed.

Angie
joyfullycrafting Offline
#3 Posted : Thursday, June 27, 2013 1:18:05 PM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Was thanked: 1597 time(s) in 1280 post(s)
We are in the 90's today, and it is supposed to be over 100 for the next week or so. From 70 to 100 in two days!

Meg and I (and of course Merle, cuz he goes everywhere with me now) are going shopping shortly, as soon as she gets out of summer school, to look for lingerie to wear under her wedding dress.

Four days down, one to go, for VBS.

Angie, I bet you will find that having just one with you will be so easy!!!

Have any of you seen the new CTMH cartridge? It looks WONDERRFUL!
AlyaMama Offline
#4 Posted : Thursday, June 27, 2013 1:34:17 PM(UTC)
AlyaMama

Joy- Layla is like having all 4 of them with me ha ha. She's into everything! The only advantage and not sure if it's an advantage is she dosen't really talk.

Went and read what I missed, glad you are back home Joy, TAKE IT EASY!!! Stop straining yourself.

Ok going from what I remember:

Nancy- I wish I could stick to a scheduale. I can;t belive the price of things like aquariums and zoos and stuff. It's a rip off. Is Abigail waking yet? I don't think Layla wears teh same outfit twice in 1 month. It takes me a while to run out of clothes for her.

Sandra great picture, glad school is ending for you. Enjoy your lunch and meeting.

JeanneLee I hope you sell your pool. My parents have a pool and I think they think about filling it in every year. it's alot of work for my dad to maintain. I'll get some use out of it this summer, I plan to get in everyday and swim. Maybe lose some weight.

Ok better go to bed. Lots of crafting to do tomorrow before MIL house, and being bored to death. I can't even bring something to work on, I have to chase Layla and she dosne't have table for me to sit at to glue and stuff. Oh well.

lv2scrap02 Offline
#5 Posted : Thursday, June 27, 2013 4:02:45 PM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Angie... how fast that came coming to AZ already.. you sound so excited. it will be a lot easier with just Layla with you...

Abigail is doing a lot of babbling she says ma ma and da da almost walking letting go a lot and walking then she drops down to the floor..

Joy.. that will be fun for Merle to go under garment shopping. LOL

I wanted to go and scrap today then I said let me do more organizing.

Then polishing kitchen cabinets How the heck I strayed away from my craft room is beyond me..

lv2scrap02 Offline
#6 Posted : Thursday, June 27, 2013 4:18:30 PM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

OH OH a new CTMH Bundle is coming out...

Sharon can you post a link to the images
lv2scrap02 Offline
#7 Posted : Thursday, June 27, 2013 4:21:23 PM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Sharon you have to tell us how your weekend was

Have a good night all
lv2scrap02 Offline
#8 Posted : Friday, June 28, 2013 5:07:07 AM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Good morning

So what is everyone up to today??

Heavy rain storms last night but didn't cool things down at all...

Decided to keep the Big Shot Express along with my new Ebosser.. I will just store it away

We have people coming from Ohio to see our GRR today hoping the weather holds out

Oh Abigail is here
Have a great day

Edited by user Friday, June 28, 2013 5:09:16 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Shelly Offline
#9 Posted : Friday, June 28, 2013 8:42:07 AM(UTC)
Shelly

United States

Was thanked: 325 time(s) in 283 post(s)
Hi everyone!

Still no baby. DD will be started on Monday, or Tuesday if they are too busy when they call Monday morning. Babysat yesterday for several hours while they went to her stress test and then the Dr and ran a few errands. My GS is one BUSY little guy! Not sure if I can survive a few days of him.

Joy - It sure is HOT out here in the West. We are supposed to have record breaking heat here all weekend. Ugh! Have not had any rain for over a month.

Nancy - Your rain sounds nice. We could use a little. i'm sure you will still get use out of your Big Shot.

Angie - I bet your daughter will be fine on the flight! And if she does act up, just remember that she isn't bothering others as much as you think she is. Most people will be very understanding!

Sandra - Have fun on your trip and visiting with your kids!

Have a great day!
joyfullycrafting Offline
#10 Posted : Friday, June 28, 2013 3:38:18 PM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Got VBS over with! Kids sure love it and don't want it to end, and the adults are always glad the week is over!! Flapper

Yes, Shelly, HOT. Most of the next six or seven days will be over 100, as high as 107 predicted. Really early for weather this hot. It usually doesn't hit until mid to late July.

Angie, your parents pool sounds wonderful about right now. LOL

Nancy, hopefully you will still be able to use your Bis Shot sometimes.

From facebook, it sounds like Sharon is having a great time at the CTMH convention. And I am loving what I am seeing with their new Cricut cart. Now Sharon is thinking about getting a Create so she can use it. Sillly girls.

Sandra, are you gone yet, or are you still here??
joyfullycrafting Offline
#11 Posted : Friday, June 28, 2013 6:49:01 PM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

I am so miffed. NOT HAPPY.

We have hotmail, and were very happy with it. Then all hotmail changed to outlook. Did not really like it, but no choice.

AND NOW, outlook as taken away having our accounts linked. So instead of being able to go from one email account to another with one click, I have to sign out, type in the other account, type in the new email address and password. A big thumbs down to outlook. It stinks.

I am not really done venting, but I guess I will stop anyway.
lv2scrap02 Offline
#12 Posted : Saturday, June 29, 2013 11:31:37 AM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

I did hear something about Hotmail.. I have Outlook and I don't sign in all the time just when I opened the a/c..
\
Guess what!!!!!!!!!

I returned the Craftwell Ebosser... Problem being the machine was a whopping 25 pounds.

Now each time I would have to use it I would need to pick it up and carry it, having a bad back as it is I decided to return it. At least with my big shot Express it isn't heavy at all and right now sits on top of those plastic draws where Ebosser needed to sit on a sturdy desk and table.

Now my E is connected to the lap top I really had no room (because of CCR).. so back it went Free s/h so no money lost. Was a great machine also Steve didn't think he would use it much..

So off to M's bought more embossing folder a new lince called Goose Bumps really nice folders and I used a coupon and got it for 4.99 for 2 folders..

Well hoping everyone has a good day
AlyaMama Offline
#13 Posted : Saturday, June 29, 2013 1:32:25 PM(UTC)
AlyaMama

Joy love Nicks picture. Very patriotic! Sorry about the hotmail, maybe you'll get used to it.

Nancy too bad the new machine was so heavy. Glad you were able to return it. Good thing you didn't sell your bigshot. Everything happens for a reason.

I guess I didn't see what was so great about the new CTMH cartridge. I couldn't find a book to look through online, but then I wasn't really looking either. I have a list a mile long of cartridges I want to get while I'm in the States. We'll see how many I actually get. It seems my allowance is probably going to go to the kids, stuff for them.

Today I crafted a bit more, Ramadan starts on the 10th I think so I've been making decorations for that. They look so pretty.

3 more full days until I leave. I'm getting nervous. Not sure why, I guess traveling alone with Layla. i know she'll be fine. It's just a lo0ng flight. 18 hours I think then a 4 hour layover in Chicago. My parents are super excited.

Better get to bed, I'm going downtown for a few things to bring back with me.

Talk later.

lv2scrap02 Offline
#14 Posted : Saturday, June 29, 2013 2:39:45 PM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

You are not going to believe this but I went to cut a spellbinder embossing die cut and it got caught in the big shot DH has the whole thing apart to try and remove everything. I guess I didn't have the right sandwich...OMG!!!

lv2scrap02 Offline
#15 Posted : Saturday, June 29, 2013 3:06:46 PM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

One thing for sure this Big Shot Express is made very very well. DH is in the garage now with a Vice unbelievable
joyfullycrafting Offline
#16 Posted : Saturday, June 29, 2013 4:03:05 PM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Oh my goodness, Nancy! I hope Steve can get it fixed!!!!! And I was going to say good thing you didn't get it sold. Oh boy.

Angie, I am glad to hear that your parents are excited for you to visit!! Obsessed with Scrapbooking had pictures of the handbook for the new CTMH cart.

It was 102 last time I looked. We went to the local reservoir to play with Megan and Brandon for a little while today. I had fun. I am not sure about DH.

Jill is heading for Japan tomorrow. She gets to fly business class. She just texted me a picture of the type of chair she has. It is a little pod thing. She will be able to stretch out and sleep. She found a house sitter for Jeffie. One of her co-workers is going to stay with him. She just got home from Kansas City at 1 a.m. this morning!
lv2scrap02 Offline
#17 Posted : Saturday, June 29, 2013 5:08:31 PM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Joy.. how exciting for Jill. My cousin's daughter teaches in Japan she couldn't get a job here on L.I. and went to Japan to teach English. They give her a place to stay rent free plus good pay. In fact her mom ( my first cousin) went to see her for 2 weeks and loved it.

How long is she staying for??

Guess what Steve put the Big Shot back together plugged it in and it works great.

Never thought he would get every screw and nut back. I said you plug it in (just in case) he did embosses great.

I didn't realize I picked up a rubber mat with the sandwich and that is what screwed it all up.

Angie.. time went by fast you will be in AZ before you know it.
What cartridges do you want??

Off to emboss have a good night

Shelly Offline
#18 Posted : Saturday, June 29, 2013 9:49:56 PM(UTC)
Shelly

United States

Was thanked: 325 time(s) in 283 post(s)
Nancy - So glad you DH was able to fix your Big Shot. Mine would never have been able to do it. Not mechanically inclined, but unfortunately he thinks he is. Sounds like you got a nice deal on some folders!

Angie - So excited for you to get to come and spend some time with your family. Are you bringing an extra suitcase? I bet your daughter will be fine! How long are you staying for?

Joy - We have had temps for the past two days of 105 degrees. Broke the record both days and its not going to get any better until after the 4th. Glad I don't live in St. George, as it was 115 there today. You're right, it is usually later in the summer for these kinds of temps.
How exciting for Jill! Hope she brings you back something fun from there. Hope you can get used to your new email account. Sounds frustrating.

Made my DD some thank you cards for a shower she was given. I'll take a pic and post a picture soon. They turned out pretty good I think. Now my other DD saw them and wants me to make her some.

Well have a good weekend everyone!

lv2scrap02 Offline
#19 Posted : Sunday, June 30, 2013 7:38:32 AM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Anyone have a problem signing in????

I just received a email about Google reader that we have to transfer to another reader !!!

I hate change.

Big shot working nicely now I need to buy a "Solo Adapter" that is what I need to cut Spellbinder Framlets.. I have every adapter I thought I needed along with all size shims, rubber mats. I don't know why I bought these when I can easlly use my Cricut to cut shapes and frames!!!

Hot and humid again and another week of chance of rain and thunder storms...

Shelly would love to see the cards. When Angie was coming to the States the last time we told her to bring empty suitcases with her she was saying she needed to buy the kids undergarment
and we said just let them wear layers of undergarments home and you will plenty of room for carts..

Hoping everyone has a great dayBigGrin

SandraB. Offline
#20 Posted : Sunday, June 30, 2013 12:02:32 PM(UTC)
SandraB.

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
Canada

Was thanked: 364 time(s) in 305 post(s)
Hi everyone;
Well, we made it safely to Van., B.C. last evening. The weather has turned hot both here and at home. It is expected to be hot at home most of the week, hopefully here too. DH has gone with the kids now to pick up their new vehicle...they are soo excited! We were going to go over to Victoria this afternoon to visit SIL's mother, but they decided to wait until tomorrow so they didn't have to rush at the car dealer. Hopefully, we'll still be able to get on the ferry tomorrow morning. Not sure what else is happening so far, just go with the flow.

Nancy: glad dh got your Sizzix fixed, bet you're glad you didn't sell it after all. Thanks for starting the new thread. Hope your GRR visit went well.

Joy: hope dd has a great time in Japan.

Angie: bet you're getting excited now for your visit. Hope your decorations sell well. Have a safe trip

Shelly: hope everything goes well with dd and the new baby. Glad your thank you cards turned out well...pics please.

Better run for now
BingoLady Offline
#21 Posted : Sunday, June 30, 2013 12:56:40 PM(UTC)
BingoLady

Was thanked: 1056 time(s) in 717 post(s)
Hi to all of you ladies, this is one of the things I enjoy doing, is
reading all the things you ladies post. I'm here in Tucson Arizona, and I'm
roasting, it is so hot. I have to wait, until the sun goes down, so I can go
for my walk. I enjoy going to Bingo and making cards. To all of you take
care and enjoy thr weekend.
lv2scrap02 Offline
#22 Posted : Sunday, June 30, 2013 2:45:35 PM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Sandra.. glad you and the family are enjoying yourselves

Welcome Bingo lady nice to meet you. I use to go to Bongo with my mom never fun just played Bingo and ate. LOL

Hot humid here we went down to the Bay and had lunch so many boats on the water nice to see people out and enjoying themselves

lv2scrap02 Offline
#23 Posted : Sunday, June 30, 2013 3:24:15 PM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Dh asked me what did we do yesterday?? we both couldn't remember LOL

Then I said wait we went out for a nice breakfast then errands then he went home and worked on something I ran around town and did some shopping for Abigail and me...

Then the afternoon you worked on the Big shot... he said do you realize how many hours that took! yes all afternoon until early evening!!

The weekends go by so fast.

This week I only have Abigail Monday all day, Wed half of a day and Friday. My DD says I bet you will miss her! I said yes I will miss her but I will also enjoy my time off either to craft or go out with DH. She seemed a little insulted that I was looking forward to the time off!

Well hoping everyone has a good evening/day
joyfullycrafting Offline
#24 Posted : Sunday, June 30, 2013 4:35:29 PM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Hi Bingo Lady!!

Nancy, I so glad that your Big Shot is working again!!! My DH is like yours - he has to know how everything works. He is a GREAT handyman to have around.

It was over 102 today. Kind of warm!

This trip, Angie will have to put all of the underwear on Layla!! LOL

I almost have another dress done. However, this is not a dress for the wedding. I got side-tracked. Flapper Mostly just hand work left. I always put zippers in my hand as I make a mess out of them with a machine.

Glad that you had a safe journey, Sandra!

Jill will be gone for a week. One of her co-workers is staying with Jeffie, then later in the week Jeffie will go to boarding.
joyfullycrafting Offline
#25 Posted : Sunday, June 30, 2013 4:40:58 PM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Nancy, I know what you mean about change. Especially when things are beyond my control. I just get something set the way I want it and then someone else changes it.
PedalPower! Offline
#26 Posted : Sunday, June 30, 2013 4:42:24 PM(UTC)
PedalPower!

Was thanked: 62 time(s) in 26 post(s)
Hey girls...found ya'll! Nancy...thank you for the gorgeous birthday card. So sweet of you!

I spent the weekend at my parents' house. Had a nice visit, my son enjoyed playing with his cousin and with the barn cats. He decided to name two of them. He named the mama cat Stephanie and her kitten Cocoa. I was cracking up that he named a cat Stephanie. LOL It was a nice visit, but always good to be home, too.
joyfullycrafting Offline
#27 Posted : Monday, July 01, 2013 7:30:50 AM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Yes, Sonya, Stephanie is an interesting name for a cat! My brother once had a cat named Cat. Very creative.

I guess either yesterday or the day before was record heat. I would still rather have warm then cold. 108 today and 107 tomorrow. We have dry heat.

DH has his first physical therapy appointment this morning. Right before he retired, he fell at school (standing where he should not have been standing) and hurt his shoulder. He has been getting cortisone shots in it,but the last one did not work. Hopefully PT will. If not, it will probably be shoulder surgery.

So sad about those firefighters that were killed. Some of our best friends have twin grandsons that are out fighting fires, but I think they are in Colorado.

I only have to finish hemming my dress (it got too late last night) and it will be time to start on the last dress. Since the wedding is in 13 days! LOL Megan is doing really well. Not stressing about anything. She just wants to get married.
lv2scrap02 Offline
#28 Posted : Monday, July 01, 2013 7:48:59 AM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Good morning girls,

So sad about those fire fighters such a dangerous job...

Joy the wedding is coming quickly glad you are winding down on your sewing..Is she having many people at the wedding?

Patty has a cat called pudding ! 3 dogs Toby, Magnes and Jesabel

Sonya.. glad you liked the card, glad you enjoyed your family did you celebrate your birthday?

Enjoy your Birthday

another cloudy, humid hot day here don't know what sun looks like anymore. Supposed to rain all week yet just spritzing yesterday so able to go out and enjoy the day.

Have a great day everyoneBigGrin

NJsharon Offline
#29 Posted : Monday, July 01, 2013 12:30:46 PM(UTC)
NJsharon

Was thanked: 409 time(s) in 248 post(s)
Good afternoon everyone!!! Hi Bingolady! I love bingo too! In fact I just got back from FL & may just go to bingo tonight, if I am not too tired. LOL

Joy, if you didn't see it already, I have the new CTMH cricut cartridge booklet up on my blog!

Sharon's Blog Site

Also have a special on there for if you preorder before August 1st! So check it out & then PM or email me (NJsharon@hotmail.com) if anyone wants to preorder!

I had a Fabulous time at CTMH convention in Florida! VERY excited about the new artbooking cricut cartridge, even considering getting a cricut again, just so I can use it. LOL

Plus I love the jewelry line! We have a new 'base & bling' jewelry line where you get the base of the jewelry & bling it up with material, paper, sparkles & other embellishments. Really pretty & very affordable. So very excited about that!

Gorgeous new papers & stamps! My favorite stamp is the August stamp of the month!

August Stamp Of the Month
NJsharon Offline
#30 Posted : Monday, July 01, 2013 12:33:11 PM(UTC)
NJsharon

Was thanked: 409 time(s) in 248 post(s)
Oh & this is the gorgeous CTMH necklace I made. Comes in a kit for only $15!! You end up with some supplies leftover too, so you can make some other stuff.

CTMH 'base & bling' necklace kit