Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

16 Pages«<910111213>»
imnchghere Offline
#301 Posted : Sunday, June 30, 2013 7:41:24 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 99 time(s) in 77 post(s)
good Sunday morning. Foggy here in NorCal, but it will burn off and should be a nice day.
Yesterday I went to the local Verizon store and they were able to figure out a way to get me a new air card for minimum cost. I can now use my laptop. Positive side was having to use my phone helped me figure it out.
I tried to read the posts back, but remembering everything is not happening.
Renate, I was so sorry to read about Moses. Sending you big hugs.
Jess, you are busy as usual. Will have to read again about what you are painting.
Deb, I think I saw that you are catching on at the job. It has to be hard to only be there for a day or so at a time.
The days here are good and bad. I know Mom is still in a lot of pain. The pain meds don't seem to be helping. On the other side, we walk a little ever day up and down the sidewalk. She does try to do a little more each day, but I have to watch she doesn't over do. She is frustrated hurting. NOT a good combination. I don't want to make this all about me, so will leave it at that.
I have a new unit to send to from the MB. It is Craftyoldbat who send to me and I will be shipping to her dd or maybe it is hr dil. They come home early next year. I need to send her an email and get the address. Also need to check the CFS thread.
Hello, to everyone. Thanks goodness for FB and people being able to follow me there.
I have 10 more days. Hoping they go well.
Dbson Offline
#302 Posted : Sunday, June 30, 2013 4:37:57 PM(UTC)
Dbson

Was thanked: 58 time(s) in 52 post(s)
Good Sunday evening....
Renate I am so sorry about Moses, you have lost two way too close together....big hugs....take care and know we are sharing tears for you too....the pets become way more than just 4 feet walking around....they leave prints on our hearts...
Jess you are too funny....we all know those lists we make are just 'pipe dreams'......we never complete them. Saw your FB pic, guess that will be caramels....I have your recipe but haven't made them yet....I do plan to do the rolo recipe first.....good luck with the painting.
I need to get to Lowe's for my paint and use the $25 off $250.....I am sure I can spend that amount pretty quick....
Pat glad you got the air card issue taken care of.....I see your mom is still in pain, sorry....never easy to see a loved one hurt, especially our older parents....
I am going to say hello to everyone else and get a quick shower. We had lunch at church, I got home about 1:30, then off to the grocery store and some bargains, then by another a great sale on butter.....plan to walk in the morning, then home and will head to work....night....

Edited by user Sunday, June 30, 2013 5:17:47 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

housefullofrotties Offline
#303 Posted : Sunday, June 30, 2013 11:28:22 PM(UTC)
housefullofrotties

Was thanked: 37 time(s) in 36 post(s)
Hello! Hope everyone had a nice weekend.

Pat~Glad Verizon was able to help you. It's good that your mom is getting out and walking each day.

Deb~I have this feeling you do much better on your lists than I do on mine! Yes, beacuse I don't have enough to do I added caramels to the list! Have a good day at work.

I somehow missed out on the resting part of the weekend. I'm beat! I did break down my list into sub-lists!! Sunday's was completed but still battling the paint job. I'm down to just over drops on my color/glaze. I think I've failed! Tragic news out of AZ. Thoughts and prayers to the families out there.
Have a happy day.

Jess
Gramma Offline
#304 Posted : Monday, July 01, 2013 10:56:24 AM(UTC)
Gramma

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Greetings to the Castle! Rainy and cool in WNY.. thunderstorms predicted for the whole week.

DH and I went on a brief get away for our 40th. Thanks to all for your FB comments.

Renate I am so sorry about Moses passing and the kids having to leave... big hugs flying your direction.
Jess.. face it.. you're just like Deb and Pat.. it would hurt if you slowed down. You'll find you're passing yourself on the highway if you don't slow down.
Deb it sounds like you're a natural at the office. How are DH and little Gracie?
Hellos to Pat and Phyllis and Joanne and anyone else who drops by.

Hugz,
Gramma
RGK Offline
#305 Posted : Monday, July 01, 2013 4:40:44 PM(UTC)
RGK

United States

Was thanked: 36 time(s) in 27 post(s)
Hello in the castle,
thank you for all the hugs. It sure is quiet in the house.
Pat, glad Verizon was able to help you. Sorry your mom is not improving as quickly as everyone hoped. When are you coming home?
Deb, I'm still missing Missa a lot and now Moses is gone too. The pets ARE family. How did your work day go?
Jess, did Monday go ok? I make lists too, always too many items on it. I'm good if I'm getting at least a couple things crossed off. Sub-lists sound more do-able. You're right, those firefighters losing their lives is tragic. Many families and friends grieving. So sad.
Gramma, I saw your getaway picture on FB, looks like you two had a lovely time. Congrats to 40 years of wedded bliss. Catching your hugs.
We're waiting to hear from the kids to find out how far they got today. It's hard traveling with a young boy, baby, dog, cat and 2 cars loaded from top to bottom.--Work was ok but plentiful as always. I need to clean house now that everyone has left. I did the laundry yesterday and the rest will get done when it gets done. I need to start thinking about the CFS cards. Got a bunch of them cut and scored and that's where I'm at. Good rest of the evening to all, Renate

#306 Posted : Monday, July 01, 2013 11:39:49 PM(UTC)
housefullofrotties

Happy Tuesday!

Gramma~Hope you and DH had a great annniversary and great time away! If I end up passing myself I'll probably end up giving myself another list of things to do on my way by.

Renate~Monday was busy but it makes the day go by faster. I expect the same from today. Hope the kids had safe travels.

Jess
imnchghere Offline
#307 Posted : Tuesday, July 02, 2013 8:21:32 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

Day 13 of my trip. I will be heading home on the 9th. It is an overnight flight so will arrive on the 10th. Yesterday was a good day. I had a little stress going Sun/Mon, but Mom and I talked and were able to laugh about it. Lesson learned, even when you get old, you can still *talk* to your Mom and she will make it better, which is what I tell my girls. Have to admit, I did feel silly afterwards.
Today we are going to get our exercise in the yard. She has roses that need to be cleaned up (dead headed) and we need to get a little water on a few of the planters. She LOVES her yard and takes pride in it. Thank God she doesn't have those *gnasty gnats* here.
Gramma, loved the pic of you and dh on FB.
Phyllis, hope you are feeling better. Thanks for taking care of the CFS shipping stuff. I have a full box at home ready to ship to my new unit when I get back, so I will be good. I might even have the beginning for another box. I am going to put the Princess gds to work on Holiday cards before they return to school.
Deb, thanks for the reminder on butter. When we cleaned out the freezer, I realized there is none in there. I usually get it at Costco, but do watch the grocery store for sales.
Renate, hope the kids had a good travel day. I remember those well, with pets and small children.
Going to sign off here, pop over to FB, then put my shoes on and make a plan. I might spend a little time looking at the pictures again. I am still in awe of how many there are and that they are mostly in good shape for being at least 125 yrs old. PRICELESS.
Have super great day everyone.
Dbson Offline
#308 Posted : Tuesday, July 02, 2013 9:20:55 AM(UTC)
Dbson

Good Tuesday to all, had a long day yesterday, lunch wasn't til 2, got a cup of soup, left at 4. I had a roast in the slow cooker all day, hubby cooked new potatoes and we had fresh corn. I tried the microwave in the husk method and boy it was nice to have all those silks gone in the husk. No more work for me until the 25th.

Jess you are too funny about about the to-do list....you better slow down....hope work treats you good today...

Pat are you able to get in the yard today and work? Pretty pics on FB.....is mom any better today? Just saw your post while I have been typing....moms always make it better....been there too.....the pics are a gold mine to you I know. I have been helping two different lines the last couple weeks...I also need to run to the library for a couple pages in a cemetery book...these folks do NOT have markers, but plots were purchased...

Renate did the kids arrive at their destination yet? Wasn't sure how they were going.....but a$$umed by car. How are you and hubby doing? Still sending big hugs.....Miss Gracie sends her love too.....

Gramma hope your anniversary was a smashing success......great pic on FB too.....we had a downpour last night.....

Phyllis how is Cody? Are you getting the electrical taken care of yet?

I was a slug this morning, could not wake up to go walk....shame on me.....but I did get hubby picked up at the shop since his truck still has an issue.....have painted two 16x20 canvas to use above the bed in the apartment. Painted them the color of the bath room paint....a creamy tan.....thinking about flowers or sayings.....need to look at my files and see what I can come up with. The more I can get done today the better for me.

My cousin should be up sometime this month, but her mom has some health issues in the rehab place so i don't know what they decided to do.....

Hello to all that drop by, gotta get busy......

Edited by user Tuesday, July 02, 2013 9:21:40 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

~Phyllis~ Offline
#309 Posted : Tuesday, July 02, 2013 6:36:21 PM(UTC)
~Phyllis~

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Hello everyone. Sorry I've been missing for a few days. I'm still struggling with my aches, etc. I went to the Dr. yesterday and he gave me some strong medicine for my headaches which helped but today I decided to go without any meds to see how I did, bad decision. Pain has been awful. Dr. is treating me for anxiety/stress. The Lorazepam causes me to be too sleepy, not good.

One good thing, the furnace installation is scheduled for Monday the 8th. All the electrical work is done. Cody is still hanging in there, there are times when I think he will be around longer than the vet thinks, he's not giving up and that makes me happy, I'm clinging to the hope that he will fool the vet and beat the odds.

Deb, those painted canvases sound really neat. Maybe some paper roses or something too. I think you deserve to be a slug sometimes, you are always doing something.

Pat, those Mother/Daughter talks can be very good for both of you. Good for you both. I had some long talks this weekend with my SIL which we both needed. It doesn't seem like you are on day 13 already. No problem with the CFS card stuff.

Renate, I hope you are doing OK, I am so sorry about Moses and yes they are part of the family. Please take care of yourself.

Gramma, congrats on your 40th anniversary, good for you to get away.

Jess, what are you painting/glazing? The chateau? I may have missed something somewhere. Sorry you didn't get any rest over the weekend. That was so sad about the AZ firemen, so tragic.

Hugs and prayers for everyone, I think we all need some group hugs.
#310 Posted : Tuesday, July 02, 2013 11:39:23 PM(UTC)
housefullofrotties

Happy MOW! 22 hours in at work, 10 more to go! I'm beat! Hope everyone is doing well. I'm hoping to stop back after my Wednesday list of things to do is done!! Have a nice day!

Jess
imnchghere Offline
#311 Posted : Wednesday, July 03, 2013 8:07:50 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

Happy MOW to Jess and Renate.

Phyllis. so glad the furnace installation is set to be done. How is Cody doing other than hanging in there? You never know when the Dr just might be wrong.
Do take care of yourself. Not familiar with the drug you are taking, but I am guessing it is designed to relax you, thus making you sleepy.
Deb, I am not sure I am artistic enough to do a canvas, but a friend of mine has been doing some. She gets her ideas/inspirations from Pinterest.
Today is Mom's last therapy session. She missed one, but I am not sure if they will make it up. They help some, but she is dealing with pain in her hip as well as her back. She broker her back in March and they said it would take 4-6 months to heal. Once her back heals, she can get the hip replacement, which will alleviate the hip pain.... hopefully.
Anyone have any fun plans for the 4th? Jim is going to eldest dgd's baseball game on Friday. Not sure what he might do Thursday. I know he is missing me just being there, but only 7 more days. I will say this has been a long 2 weeks so far.
Time to get busy here and make my bed. We have been working on a jigsaw puzzle, so I will mess with it for a while until Mom gets up. Such an exciting life I am leading.
Dbson Offline
#312 Posted : Wednesday, July 03, 2013 11:23:37 AM(UTC)
Dbson

Happy Wednesday to you all....I have been going since 5 this morning....walk, errands, grocery shopping and fighting the rain. DSG has a game in the morning at 10 but the game has to be played tonight and I don't think that is going to happen. It has rained off and on part of the day and now it is raining again...

Here is my canvas, 16x20....will be one of 2 that I do for the apt bedroom. Using this above the bed since I didn't buy a headboard...I know, call me cheap....thought about using a wide ribbon as the 'hanger' for it....been thinking about putting flowers on the other one....just kicking around ideas....throw out any thoughts you have as ideas......

Wasn't sure how big that picture would be even though I did resize it.

Pat does not seems like you have been gone 2 weeks, but to you and Jim I am 'sure' it does...hope the rest of your trip goes smooth. sorry your mom had all the pain issues....and as they age it only gets worse.

Jess hope your day went well....

Renate how are you? Still sending big hugs.....

Phyllis sorry you are not feeling well...take care of yourself too....glad Cody is hanging in there...

Joanne how are you? Family still visiting?

Gramma any big plans for you tomorrow?

I have plans to clean house the next couple days....we had thought about a trip Mon-Wed next week but looks like rain those days and I don't care to be off trying to have a good time when it is raining...then my cousin is due up the 15th if her mom gets better....she has an foot infection due to being in rehab from surgery...not sure how the culture they took will come back and that will determine if she comes up.

Guess I better get off here and may just take me a nap.....rain coming down pretty hard and is good napping weather....later.....

Edited by user Wednesday, July 03, 2013 11:31:19 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

imnchghere Offline
#313 Posted : Wednesday, July 03, 2013 11:56:16 PM(UTC)
imnchghere

good evening all and Happy Independence Day tomorrow. I a getting ready to toddle off to bed. Mom had a pretty good day today and we got more done on the jigsaw puzzle. Her physical therapist adjusted her walker and that made a difference. She also suggested not walking as much and also getting her a larger ice pack to use. Friday we will be going to a sporting goods shop to get one.
I can hear some fireworks. Hope they don't last long.
Deb, I LOVE how the canvas turned out. Great job. What size is the canvas? I just might have to try one.
Friday we will be running a few errands. Always nice to get out and about, but Mom does wear out quickly.
I see there is a huge scrapbooking store. Would love to go there, but probably won't happen.

Really nothing new here, so I am calling it a night. Hope everyone has a nice 4th (and a safe one).

Oooops I see now the canvas is 16 x 20.

Edited by user Wednesday, July 03, 2013 11:59:09 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Dbson Offline
#314 Posted : Thursday, July 04, 2013 5:11:56 AM(UTC)
Dbson

Happy Independence Day to all....stay safe if on the road or enjoying fire works.

Pat hope you have a good day shopping with your mom tomorrow...thanks for the compliment on the canvas.

Here is the other one I did yesterday.....I had limited colors for the flowers and may add a small bow to the vase or might add a swirly design...will just have to see once they are on the wall.

Have a great day.....later....
RGK Offline
#315 Posted : Thursday, July 04, 2013 6:57:30 PM(UTC)
RGK

United States

Happy Birthday America!!!
I can hear the fireworks outside, and from the backyard we can see fireworks over the treetops.

I read all the posts and everyone seems to be doing fine. Jess, I hope you don't cross paths with yourself and get another list - LOL. You can always make that "book of lists" and file them in there to be reviewed from time to time. You think that would help?
Pat, glad you are having some quality time with your mom, it is priceless. It looks like you have been a real help for her. Enjoy the next few days out there.
Phyllis, are you better today? Like Pat said it sounds like one of those relaxing meds that make you almost too relaxed and sleepy. Do take care of yourself.
Deb, the canvasses are beautiful, you did great. Yes, you deserved to be a slug for a day. You are always on the go...
Gramma, how are you doing today, did summer come to visit your neck of the woods yet?
I was outside early this morning weeding the rock/flower beds out front. Got most of it done. I worked on the cards most of the afternoon. Reached right into the paper trimmer blade and cut my thumb. The cut is not too deep but it did bleed for a while. I chided myself for being so careless, I mean I use the trimmer all the time... I cut thumb off one of those thin gloves used for food prep to keep any leak coming out from under the band-aid and onto the cards I'm working on.
Oh, the kids made it to Colorado yesterday. They were tired of driving but are ok.
Well, I need to empty the dishwasher and then get ready to turn in.
Good night. Renate
Dbson Offline
#316 Posted : Friday, July 05, 2013 10:52:13 AM(UTC)
Dbson

Happy Friday.....taking a break while the kitchen floor dries then will finish the rest up. Been cleaning ALL day today, rained most of the day too...not sure DGS will have a ballgame tonight. Busy afternoon yesterday, lost dog running the street, 2 neighbors thought it was ours, hubby finally caught it, peed in his truck seat, but it was so scared. Put on FB, got my friends to spread the word on their pages, then as I was hanging signs on the pole in the yard, 2 vehicles came by...yep their poor pup....out of town, put him in a fenced yard and he escaped...sure hope he was not punished...

Have decided I may take the pink vinyl tulips off and add Prima flowers with brads....need to get that done but will have to wait til the house is done.

I read the post, hope everyone has a great rest of their day, I am back to cleaning.....
Nana22Nina22 Offline
#317 Posted : Friday, July 05, 2013 12:30:00 PM(UTC)
Nana22Nina22

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 17 post(s)
Greetings Castlemates.
Hope everyone had a great Fourth. We had a 'street party' in front of our house. Applied for a street closure for the event which worked well. We hauled 3 grills out and had tables with lots of food to share. One of the neighbors plays in a band so he entertained us. Everyone was having a good time until the ever present rain showed up and drove most folks home. Some diehards including DH and I wandered down to another neighbor's who had set up a tent in their front yard. At the end of the evening we put our grill up against the garage. The next door neighbors left theirs at the curb and it was gone this morning. Got a video of the truck taking it but not good enough quality to really help the police. Too bad --it was a real nice grill....
Had a nice visit with VA DD and her family despite crummy weather and some possible food poisoning of DGD#1 and SIL. We think it was the eggs at a morning buffet our last day at Disney. We did get in some boat time and lots of pool time but no beach. Our first day at Disney we had breakfast with the princesses. It was terrific! DGD#1 loved it. DGS#1 got a sword so he was happy too.
Renate - so sorry to hear about Moses. Sammy and I send you lots of hugs. Have the kids gotten to CO yet? That's quite a drive with pets and kids etc.
Phyllis - hope you are feeling better. So sorry to hear about your SILs nephew. So sad... Glad that the electrical issue wasn't as bad as you feared. Hugs to Cody too.
Pat - sounds like your trip is up and down. Glad to see the old pictures are all you expected. The photos of your mom's flowers are beautiful.
Deb - I think a castle crop would be an excellent way to celebrate the newly renovated apartment! Your canvases came out wonderful! Did I read that you used vinyl?
Gramma - glad you had a nice anniversay getaway in MI. Great pic on FB! Are you still planning a trip to Hawaii?
Jess - how are those lists coming along? I get tired just reading about it....
Well it's raining again. Hope it quits before it's time to go to Paradise.
Joanne
~Phyllis~ Offline
#318 Posted : Friday, July 05, 2013 4:47:51 PM(UTC)
~Phyllis~

Hello everyone. Hope everyone had a great 4th of July. It rained here all day and rained out a lot of the festivities that were planned. Thanks all of you for your thoughts, I am doing much better so I think I'll be OK. Cody had a spell today that scared DH, I didn't see it but it appeared to be a collapsing of his legs, I think he got over excited as he was trying to run the fence line with the dog next door. He doesn't realize that his heart will not allow him to get excited and he tries to do things in spite of how close we watch him. DH was in the yard with him when the other dog came out. My friend and I will be going to PF next weekend and I'm praying that nothing happens while I'm gone because I need this time away so bad.

Furnace company called today to tell us they were dropping off the equipment tomorrow morning for scheduled installation on Monday. They said we did not need to be home for the drop off but I'm wondering if they are just going to drop it in the driveway or what, that could be a big theft item. We will be home but was just wondering what the deal was.

Joanne, your 4th sounds like a real fun time, except for the stolen grill, bummer. Glad you had a nice time with VA DD and the Disney day.

Deb, I saw the lost dog post on FB, glad you found the owners. I like the idea of the Prima flowers although it is pretty like it is.

Renate, glad your DS and family made it to Colorado safely, that had to be a tiresome trip. Hope you're doing OK with the loss of Moses, so hard.

Pat, glad your Mom had a pretty good day. Did you get the larger ice pack for her? Did you get to go to the Scrapbooking store? Guess you'll be heading home soon, I'm sure Jim will be so glad to have you home. Prayers that your Mom's situation will be OK.

Jess, hope you have a fun filled weekend. Try to throw away that list and do some relaxation.

OK, need to get off here and clean up the kitchen and finish watching the Reds game, they're currently behind 3-0 Angry.

RGK Offline
#319 Posted : Friday, July 05, 2013 5:08:56 PM(UTC)
RGK

United States

Hello everyone,
Just got the mail - at 7:30PM. The box of cards arrived from Debby. I'm glad I can send a full box, including my cards. They will be done this weekend.
Deb, glad the lost puppy story has a happy ending. It was nice of DH to pick him up, sorry the pup marked his truck..Have you decided on the flower change on your canvas?
Joanne, sounds like you had a great block party. Sorry the grill was stolen. Also about the food poisoning, hope everyone is fully recovered. Thank you for the hugs from you and Sammy. Moses must be smiling and wagging his tail over all the love he received.--Yes, the kids made it. We have not heard from them since Tuesday, I'm sure they are busy finding a place to rent. They looked at houses before they left here and also have a sponsor assigned to help them.
I cut the grass after work today so it's out of the way. But there is much more yard work to be done, and of course the laundry and the cleaning...
Phyllis, I see you typed faster than I am. Sorry your holiday was a rain event. It did not rain here, and the fireworks were spectacular (saw them on tv). Cody's meds must make him feel ok or he would not be running like that. Sorry he gave you a scare. Glad you are going to get away for a few days, yes you need it. I also would worry about leaving the expensive equipment outside the front door. Would it fit inside your garage? Glad your furnace will finally be installed. I'm doing fine but miss the fur ball of course.
Jess, the week is done, I hope you'll make some time to rest and relax and forget about the lists.
Pat, just a few more days and you will be on your way home. Hope you enjoy your time with mom and sister.
Gramma, how was your day, anything special planned for the weekend?
Renate
Dbson Offline
#320 Posted : Friday, July 05, 2013 6:43:13 PM(UTC)
Dbson

Joanne glad you had some quality family time, sorry about the illnesses, boo to rain on your 'street party'... good to see you back on with us.

Gramma your new 'baby' is adorable....

Phyllis sure wish I could meet you in PF this year, but my cousin will be here on the 14th for a week...we have some cards making plans too....

Renate glad you are doing well...yes, Moses is up there with Prissy and Missa, running around like crazy and giving wet kisses.....I am glad the pup found his home, but I wish they would wash him up and take better care of the dog. I haven't seen him loose again in the neighborhood.

Jess is probably enjoying the weekend away at the chateau.....

Pat saw you were doing some shopping today, hope it went well....

Got the house finished, made it to the ballgame, it was a 4 1/2 inning game, they were up 10-0....so DGS's team goes to a tournament in north Alabama next week, we are planning to go up either Thur or Fri. Not sure the time of the games so that determines when we go.

We stopped by Jack's for a milk shake for supper, I got a burger since I was starved....got some church work to do tomorrow morning.....some veggies for supper tomorrow night if nothing changes my mind...have a great night....

Edited by user Saturday, July 06, 2013 10:11:55 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Dbson Offline
#321 Posted : Saturday, July 06, 2013 10:26:43 AM(UTC)
Dbson

Hello on a wet, soggy Saturday....we have had about all the rain the ground can take...ditches are about to overflow in several places. Phyllis I placed an order for some vinyl sheets, didn't think I needed the rolls of certain colors. Got the 20 pack sampler, so I should be good for a while. We went to run the bulletins in pouring rain, it had slacked off when we left, but is coming down again....

Hope you all have a great day...I am off to craft a bit I think.....
Gramma Offline
#322 Posted : Sunday, July 07, 2013 6:31:47 AM(UTC)
Gramma

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 9 post(s)
"Holy Humidity Batman!!!"

I am literally fresh out of the shower and my clothes are all ready sticking to me.. The heat and humidity combo the last few days has been unbearable.

Our new addition "Maggie" is doing well. We get up twice during the night when she makes those pathetic excuses for a howl from her cage and take her out to the bathroom. We think she is doing very well in that department. She hardly eats anything(said the woman that raised great danes and giant schnauzers).

Pat, enjoy the remainder of your Cali trip... and, do you want me to send my cards to you or Phyllis, or Renate? I recall seeing a note from you in an earlier post.

Hope everyone had a super weekend and that your week coming is great as well.
Hugz,
Gramma
imnchghere Offline
#323 Posted : Sunday, July 07, 2013 8:15:51 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

Good morning.. going to be one of those kind of days if you know what I mean. Might need to open a bottle of wine in the fridge. Actually there are 2 in there.
Gramma, Jim told me this morning it is hot and sticky at home. Very comfortable here in the Pacific NW. Of course we have to wait for the fog to burn off every day. You can send your cards to me this time. Love the new puppy. Far cry from a Great Dane.

Have a great day everyone.
Dbson Offline
#324 Posted : Sunday, July 07, 2013 11:03:22 AM(UTC)
Dbson

Gramma you do NOT want to move south....the humidity is awful here too....it has rained and rained....has started sprinkling again since we got home from church...

We were looking at trees on the way to and from church this morning. Noticed quiet a few that are on the verge of leaning a bit too much, soggy ground could be very dangerous.

Pat I think I you still be happy to get home. So sorry about the day you are facing. The flowers you have shared are so pretty....mine have gone to pot this year...

I am going to cook the veggies for supper tonight, table set up on the patio, electric skillet ready and that way my kitchen won't be all messed up.

I hope everyone has a great rest of their day, I need to do a bit of crafting for a friend for gift ideas.

imnchghere Offline
#325 Posted : Sunday, July 07, 2013 11:27:50 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

Quick fly by here. I need to put the computer away and appear that I have a NON electronic life.
Deb, I am sorry about your plants. Jim said he watered the garden this morning while he walked. He skipped mowing the lawn. Hoping it will be ok until next weekend.
Oh the water logged trees are NOT good. Hope none of them come down. I am a little out of the loop on the weather.

Will try to catch up tomorrow maybe.
~Phyllis~ Offline
#326 Posted : Sunday, July 07, 2013 11:45:45 AM(UTC)
~Phyllis~

Good afternoon everyone. We are finally seeing some sun, it's been raining here forever it seems. They delivered the furnace/heat pump yesterday, can't wait to get this over with. DH has been doing some last minute things in preparation for the install tomorrow. Cody slept til noon today, I had to keep checking on him to make sure he was still breathing. DH and I were talking about him this morning and he said "I refuse to put another dog down, too hard, want him to go on his own." We'll see, I don't want him to suffer but we will just have to take it one day at a time. I know how this affected DH with our other dog that we had to put down so hope it doesn't come to this with Cody. DH got physically ill and had to be under a Dr.'s care for awhile. OK, tears falling now, have to get off this subject.

Deb, leaning trees do not sound good. There has been some flooding here too but not close to me. Did you order your vinyl from H&H?

Pat, hope you were able to salvage the day, have you been watching QVC lately? Did the 2 bottles of wine survive?

Gramma, love your new avatar. Maggie is so cute, far cry from a Great Dane but she'll give you lots of loving. Glad she is doing well with her potty training.

Renate, glad you were able to get your grass cut, you must have escaped the rain that we had. Hoping for some nice days. Have you heard from your DS and family? I'm sure they are busy getting settled.

Hello Joanne and anyone who stops by.
RGK Offline
#327 Posted : Sunday, July 07, 2013 12:52:32 PM(UTC)
RGK

United States

good afternoon,
Deb, I agree those leaning trees don't sound good. Other States are having a drought, wished we could re-direct some of the rain. Congrats on DGS's win, you'll be there to cheer them on to the next level...There are 6 of our dogs running around up there, with Prissy and all the others... Enjoy the card making with your cousin next week.
Gramma, your pup is adorable for sure. I like her name too. Glad she seems to get the hang of this going outside to do her business. Now if she only sleeps through the night huh? It gets humid here too. We have rain in the forecast every day but it has not been that bad or that hot, just humid.
Pat, how is that wine?? Hope you can manage the day. I'm sure you are getting antsy to get home.
Phyllis, I know exactly what you mean about the dog. With Moses the decision was not ours but with the others it was. We always said never again, but not having a dog does not seem so wonderful. I'm thinking of you and sending hugs. We had some rain but not the heavy downpours. Just enough of a pain that makes the weeds grow and grow. I worked early this morning to clear one corner in the backyard that had been on my hit list. I talked with a guy at Lowes, and it looks like making it better will be a long process unless we want to spend a ton of money (not). Have not heard from the kids yet.
I got an email from my sis, my god mother is in the hospital, she will have cancer surgery in the morning. So I called her, and we talked a long time. I hope she will be ok but one never knows.
My 8-yr old pc is not doing well either. Can't load windows to start it. It's the one I am scanning my papers to. I have most files backed up but not all. If they want too much then I just want my files. I wished I had listened to my voice telling me to keep backing up, but...At least it's not the blue screen of death like the last time.
Hello to Joanne and Jess. Good rest of the day. Renate
Dbson Offline
#328 Posted : Sunday, July 07, 2013 2:32:17 PM(UTC)
Dbson

Quick drop in while waiting for the peach cobbler to finish cooking....okra, squash/zucchini/onions, fried potatoes all done....yep lots of 'fried' food but usually that is once or twice a month in the summer. Can't wait til my okra comes in....

Gramma love the avatar....good luck with the training....

Renate so sorry about the PC, I need to call my computer fellow about that 'tablet' and see if it is worth fixing....if not it is a very expensive lesson learned...we have 3 pets gone on to the Rainbow Bridge...

Phyllis still sending you hugs for Cody, we totally understand the tears.....hope it won't be a decision 'you' have to make, those are never easy to do. Hope the furnace work goes quick. Yes I did order from H&H, Oracal 651....

Pat we have had way more rain than the ground needs....sure wish we could share with places that need it. Sorry you had to put away the 'computer'.....

Hello to Jess and Joanne......later....

Edited by user Sunday, July 07, 2013 2:34:13 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#329 Posted : Sunday, July 07, 2013 3:00:44 PM(UTC)
housefullofrotties

Hi everyone! It appears everyone is doing mostly fine!

Phyllis~Are you feeling better? Please take care of yourself. Hope the furnace install goes smoothly. Oh Cody! They just don't understand their limitations. I was trying to do a patch job in a small area in my bathroom. I failed. I don't know what I'm going to do now. Enjoy your time away. You really do need it.

Deb~Thanks for sharing pictures of the canvases. They look great! Looking forward to your re-do!

Pat~Wish you moms therapy helped more. A long recovery for her and then to follow up with hip replacement. Yikes. Should make a world of difference though when it's all done and healed. Hope your last couple of days there are good.

Renate~I think my better option would be to stop making lists! I don't even want to know how much stuff would be forgotten!! Hope your thumb has healed! If I can just get a better grip on everything I can get back to making cards. I'll try harder because it's such an important cause to me.

Joanne~You're keeping as busy as usual. The street party sounds fun, up until the thievery. Sure is annoying how some just don't want to work for themselves and find it easier to steal from others. Hope the food poisoning victims are feeling better.

Gramma~Congrats on the newest member of the family! I have no doubt that she will bring you many years of happiness!

My days off were good and busy. Not ready for it to be Monday tomorrow but that's out of my control! We were invited to a friends for a BBQ tonight but I sent Brad without me. Too tired and have to be up too early. I did call the jury hotline early and I don't have to report tomorrow. Still need to call for Tuesday and Wednesday. Happy so far! I did get 500 border pieces punched for the wedding thank you cards. Does anyone even need to guess how sore my hands are?? That was after cutting and wrapping four batches of caramels! Time to wind down here. I haven't been sleeping good, too much running through my mind. I need to figure out a way to shut it off!! Sweet dreams!

Jess
#330 Posted : Sunday, July 07, 2013 11:33:56 PM(UTC)
housefullofrotties

Happy Monday! Hope everyone has a great day!

Jess