Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
CricutLadyBug Offline
#31 Posted : Sunday, June 30, 2013 12:43:14 PM(UTC)
CricutLadyBug

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered

Was thanked: 51 time(s) in 24 post(s)
How I agree with you all on this topic. I am a subscriber to Cricut Magazine and Cricut Create. I will no longer get these magazines. I hate looking at magazines online. I am now losing money too because I signed up for a year of this magazine. Not happy at allAngry with their service. The magazines are always late, so maybe they are doing me a favor. I'll save my money in the long run. Very unhappy and annoyed by their decision to take their magazines digital.

CJ
 1 user thanked CricutLadyBug for this useful post.
BJR on 7/1/2013(UTC)
ValerieSchomburg Offline
#32 Posted : Wednesday, July 03, 2013 6:52:01 PM(UTC)
ValerieSchomburg

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1612 time(s) in 1485 post(s)
I'll just add my two cents.....I don't like digital for magazines, books, carts. Although we are in a digital age, it just seems that we are getting way too friendly with our electronic devices of all kinds. Just not my thing at all. But I do love to go online and look for things of interest, but don't want to be tied to my computer 100% of my life. There are other ways to accomplish things.

So, my days of purchasing carts is probably at a close if they go digi on these too. And I don't think I'll ever be interested in using CCR. Just don't want to have to deal with that kind of stuff constantly.

Marfy Offline
#33 Posted : Thursday, July 04, 2013 1:28:39 PM(UTC)
Marfy

Was thanked: 66 time(s) in 33 post(s)
UCH! I was so disgusted when my CK mag wasso thin. But as to the wave of the future? I think thats all hype. If you look at all the major mags, like GH or Redbook or even O mag, all of them are just as great as they always were, but the price is going lower. Why? Becuase the mags ads pay for the cost of the mag.
So when someone wants to go digital, they just dont have the ads, or theyre greedy.

Edited by user Thursday, July 04, 2013 1:33:02 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

DoodleDiva Offline
#34 Posted : Friday, July 05, 2013 6:39:32 AM(UTC)
DoodleDiva

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
United States

Was thanked: 1240 time(s) in 468 post(s)
I abhor reading magazines digitally! Although, I do have a Nook and I use Audible for reading books; I also read regular books from time to time that are on my bookshelf. I like having the option to choose when it comes to books.

Magazines on the other hand, are a totally different thing at least for me. I tried a few sample magazines on both my Nook and PC and just couldn't do it. I think for me, there is just something about relaxing in a comfortable chair and absorbing pages of a magazine for things I enjoy. Nothing better than all the craft ideas, layouts, altered items,etc. Other magazines I enjoy are cooking and home ideas. If I have to look at these digitally then I just won't do it! Plus, I like the fact that I can rip out idea pages and use them in my craft room, kitchen, etc.

I wonder what will happen if one day there are no more books or magazines? It will sadden me if the bookstores and libraries only sell digital. That almost seems criminal! Gone will be the luster and smell of books on the shelves and the quietness of the bookstore or library themself. Just seems sad to me...

Okay, enough of my soapbox. I am going to the garage and pull out those magazines I was going to give away. I think I will archive them in my craft room library.Mellow
 1 user thanked DoodleDiva for this useful post.
BJR on 7/5/2013(UTC)
jscraftylady Offline
#35 Posted : Friday, July 05, 2013 7:14:33 AM(UTC)
jscraftylady

Was thanked: 2342 time(s) in 1258 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Marfy Go to Quoted Post
UCH! I was so disgusted when my CK mag wasso thin. But as to the wave of the future? I think thats all hype. If you look at all the major mags, like GH or Redbook or even O mag, all of them are just as great as they always were, but the price is going lower. Why? Becuase the mags ads pay for the cost of the mag.
So when someone wants to go digital, they just dont have the ads, or theyre greedy.

I disagree that it is hype and I believe soon even bigger name magazines will be shifting towards more digital content. A good chunk of my family works in publishing. Ad revenue is falling dramatically everywhere. It is far more difficult to target advertising in print and that is definitely the wave of the future as far as companies are concerned. Many of these magazines are lowering their prices just to compete and taking a loss. My digital magazines still have advertising, too.
jscraftylady Offline
#36 Posted : Friday, July 05, 2013 7:16:32 AM(UTC)
jscraftylady

Was thanked: 2342 time(s) in 1258 post(s)
I don't mind reading stuff digitally but I just don't see the point in paying for a digital craft magazine. I can get much better free content online with blogs, Pinterest, YouTube, etc. The one advantage these magazines had was total portability. Now, that is lost.
LizzyCz Offline
#37 Posted : Friday, July 05, 2013 9:07:58 AM(UTC)
LizzyCz

United States

Was thanked: 22 time(s) in 21 post(s)
They lost me after the credit card fiasco. They did refund my money, but never did send me the last of the magazines that I had paid for ( there were a few more months remaining). I just figured it wasn't worth arguing with them anymore. I do not like digital books or magazines either. My eyes just don't do well with the strain and I like having it my hands.