Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

carmellapapaleo31456c0e Offline
#1 Posted : Friday, July 05, 2013 1:31:27 PM(UTC)
carmellapapaleo31456c0e

Groups: Registered

HI,

I'm looking to cut out a silhouette of an image I drew. Am I able to scan and and download my own image? I have a cricut mini.

Thanks
CricutGena Offline
#2 Posted : Friday, July 05, 2013 7:34:22 PM(UTC)
CricutGena

Was thanked: 998 time(s) in 320 post(s)
Hello! The Cricut machines are cartridge based and do not cut images from other software. I hope that this answers your question!

-Cricut Gena
deleted Offline
#3 Posted : Tuesday, October 15, 2013 6:42:55 AM(UTC)
deleted

Was thanked: 76 time(s) in 54 post(s)
Just to be clear (I know this is an old thread- just want to clarify for anyone reading this in the future) - you cannot used a scanned image to cut with any Cricut.

Sure you can scan an image, that was not the question. You cannot use the scanned image in the Cricut software to cut with. You can only cut Cricut images (either from their cartridges, or their digital files)
scrapalette Offline
#4 Posted : Tuesday, October 15, 2013 2:19:54 PM(UTC)
scrapalette

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 19134 time(s) in 8556 post(s)
Originally Posted by: snapishbumblebeeb8886413 Go to Quoted Post
Just to be clear (I know this is an old thread- just want to clarify for anyone reading this in the future) - you cannot used a scanned image to cut with any Cricut.

Sure you can scan an image, that was not the question. You cannot use the scanned image in the Cricut software to cut with. You can only cut Cricut images (either from their cartridges, or their digital files)

Actually, you can use scanned images with your Cricut. Although you cannot Import images into CCR, Kay {CleverSomeDay} has a great tutorial on using a special program to "see" your image while in CCR and using basic shapes to create a cut file. She also has another tutorial that shows how to cut your printed image using your CCR file and Cricut.

It's a bit more than just importing an image into a software program and tracing it, but it works quit well! BigGrin
 1 user thanked scrapalette for this useful post.
mhjudge67 on 1/8/2014(UTC)
ablike698003cf946 Offline
#5 Posted : Tuesday, December 24, 2013 8:00:19 PM(UTC)
ablike698003cf946

i suppose you can make it happen by using some image scanning application to scan your image and save image file in local folder.

Edited by user Tuesday, December 24, 2013 8:02:27 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

MaryStillman Offline
#6 Posted : Tuesday, December 24, 2013 8:50:45 PM(UTC)
MaryStillman

Was thanked: 1249 time(s) in 792 post(s)
Originally Posted by: carmellapapaleo31456c0e Go to Quoted Post
HI,

I'm looking to cut out a silhouette of an image I drew. Am I able to scan and and download my own image? I have a cricut mini.

Thanks

How complex is the image you drew? Would you be able to build it using rectangles and circles? If you could, then you can use Cleversomday's method of tracing an image. One of her examples was a clock. If you have something complex, with lots of little cuts, you probably will not be able to do a trace and cut of the image unless you find an image an a Cricut cartridge that is similar and then do some adjustments to that image.

If you are interested in duplicating what you have drawn, then you might want to consider getting a different cutting machine that can use Make the Cut or Sure Cuts a Lot software.

The cricut image library is very dynamic, and after exploring it, many people choose to go with a cricut and purchase cartridges rather then design their own images.

I have the best of both worlds. I use my cricut with my cartridges and have another machine to cut things I have designed.

Some cricut users like scrapalette, can "flex" the cricut and do some amazing things. She's been using the cricut for many years, though and has lots of experience under her belt.

Mary

Mary
lucyimage21288c5f Offline
#7 Posted : Wednesday, March 12, 2014 7:16:36 PM(UTC)
lucyimage21288c5f

Originally Posted by: ablike698003cf946 Go to Quoted Post
i suppose you can make it happen by using some image scanning application to scan your image and save image file in local folder.

i believe this question is about how to scan in a fixed environment, not just any scanning application.