Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

86 Pages«<8182838485>»
lizzyea Offline
#2461 Posted : Friday, July 05, 2013 12:42:55 AM(UTC)
lizzyea

Groups: Registered

Happy 4th of July friends! It was a crazy day for us here. We started out thinking that no one would want to see the house....so we dragged ourselves out of bed and went down to clean out the garage. About 45 minutes later, a very nice man with his young son walked up the driveway, introduced himself, and said that he and his real estate agent had an appointment to see our home at 10:00. Surprise! Well, to make a long story short, they actually did not make an appointment. Apparently the agent had called, but when he

did not get an answer, he didn't even leave a message, but we told them to come back in 30 minutes and we would have the house ready. We hustled around, got it ready, and disappeared. We returned about 45 minutes later and returned to the garage. The phone rang again and again, we disappeared. Fortunately, that was the last time for today.

We have two more appointments for tomorrow, both in the afternoon, but spaced out far enough that our afternoon is pretty much blown. We are going to try Ruby out in the doggie daycare at a place nearby and if it works, then later, we will leave her there and go to the movie. So far, all we've done with her is drive around town. Our other option is to sit outside at Starbucks, since she can't sit outdoors with us.

Here's a link to the listing for our home on a website with all the photos: http://www.movoto.com/re...egria-202_OC13129485.htm

I hope you can either click on it or copy and past the address into your browser window. And, yes, Laurie, that is "your" room! Pretty lovely, isn't it? I really like the white cabinets. It's just amazing, what a change in color will do. I love the wall color so much, too. It's a very soft off-white and I really like it quite a bit. If I were painting a place for myself, I would choose the same color...just slightly darker. I like the carpet color, too. The stager used lots of browns, tans, and blacks, with touches of greens and very dark reds. It's very sophisticated and soothing. I really like it. I was always drawn to blues before, but I think I can change to these colors very easily! LOL

The baseball gave was really great tonight. Our team won in the bottom of the 9th inning...very exciting. The fireworks that followed were fabulous, too!

Well, I'm going to go and relax a bit before bed. Everyone take care.
imnchghere Offline
#2462 Posted : Friday, July 05, 2013 8:35:09 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

Was thanked: 99 time(s) in 77 post(s)
Good Friday morning. Definitely going to be a *challenge* for me today.

Lizzy, I am going to revisit the pics of you home later. I think the stager did a great job of picking colors and accent items. Is any of the furniture yours?
Hope you can work out something for Ruby. My neighbor put her dogs in my yard when they had a *looker*. The she would go for a walk or run errands.
Sounds like you are getting interest and that is great.
I am happy to be at the end of my CA visit, but I am a little sad also. I hate seeing my Mom in her current state of health, meaning all the discomfort from the pain. Otherwise she is in good shape. Jim and I plan to come for a couple weeks in the fall and spend some time at my sisters doing research and then some time at Moms. By then she may even have had the hip replacement if that is something that can be done.

OK.. enough about my stuff,
Paula, hope you get the laundry all caught up. I am going to wash everything I have on Sunday, so I am taking clean clothes home. I also need to figure out how to package the coveted pictures to carry on the plane. I have a tote bag and the laptop case as carry on. Wishing now I had brought my backpack instead of the tote. The laptop bag gets heavy. Jim always carries it. Oh well, live and learn.
Laurie, how are things going for you. Did you take the job helping your relator?
Carrie, Rhonda, Nancy... hello to you also. Hope you all had a wonderful 4th.
Flee57 Offline
#2463 Posted : Friday, July 05, 2013 1:33:28 PM(UTC)
Flee57

Good afternoon everyone!

Pat, sorry your Mom is still in pain. I know it must be hard for you to see that. Sore subject where my realtor is concerned...on all points, not just me working for her. She doesn't really keep in touch with me on anything and I think that's a big part of what she should be doing for me. I don't think she's really following up with anyone who's seen the house. She doesn't respond to any of my messages and now neither is my contractor guy who I need to come back to fix some things. Maybe I'm too needy LOL We're under contract for 6 months. I don't know what we're going to do but I don't think she's much help. I'm just frustrated

Lizzy, glad you had a good time at the game! And yes, my room looks FABU along with the rest of your house! I'm so glad you are getting interest right away. your open house should be a busy one!

paula, what kind of meatballs did you make? I'm making bbq ones tonight, except I just found out I don't have any breadcrumbs...I'm never without breadcrumbs.

nancy, rhonda and Carrie, hope you're having a FABU Friday!

later!
imnchghere Offline
#2464 Posted : Saturday, July 06, 2013 7:44:06 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

Good morning all.. I am moving slow this morning. Not sure what we will do today. Depends on how mom feels. Each day day is different. What is everyone else up to? Monday my sis will be here and Tues night I will be on a plane home. Laurie, you had asked if I would do any sightseeing in SF. No. Been there, done it all, hundreds of times. That is where I went to college and we were stationed there for for 2 yrs. I think I am going to take a bunch of pics of the neighborhood today.
Well, I need to make a mug of tea and my bed. Then check Facebook. Mom is up.
imnchghere Offline
#2465 Posted : Saturday, July 06, 2013 7:45:42 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

Good morning all.. I am moving slow this morning. Not sure what we will do today. Depends on how mom feels. Each day day is different. What is everyone else up to? Monday my sis will be here and Tues night I will be on a plane home. Laurie, you had asked if I would do any sightseeing in SF. No. Been there, done it all, hundreds of times. That is where I went to college and we were stationed there for for 2 yrs. I think I am going to take a bunch of pics of the neighborhood today.
Well, I need to make a mug of tea and my bed. Then check Facebook. Mom is up.
I_M_BLEST Offline
#2466 Posted : Saturday, July 06, 2013 8:06:21 AM(UTC)
I_M_BLEST

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Good morning ladies!

Pat, Hope your day goes well. Hopefully your mom will be feeling well.
My step-father's wife had back surgery last week and is having a rough go of it. Doing rehab so she can get home.

Laurie, we made regular meatballs from her mom's recipe. It had hamburger and pork. Then we had them with spaghetti. They were yummy.
So...what are you up to today?

Where is everyone else??

Lizzy, how are the house showings going?

Today I will help dh with the lawn and work on the to do list I didn't finish yesterday.
Tonight I am being the travel companion for Serina for some Lion's 4th of July celebration. She was supposed to go with the Miss SW MI and the Miss's mom was the TC but they had a death in the family so they are not going. I think it's about a half hour away and it is from 6-11. Oh well, her reign is coming to an end soon so there won't be too many more so I might as well enjoy it. (she turns over her crown in Aug.) Remember you guys....you were here when she won. :)

Gonna go get started, hope everyone has a nice day.
Flee57 Offline
#2467 Posted : Saturday, July 06, 2013 9:57:25 AM(UTC)
Flee57

I just posted a long message and it disappeared...ARGH

Can't retype cause I have to leave

Everyone have a great day

Later!
QtnSasyCarrie Offline
#2468 Posted : Saturday, July 06, 2013 4:54:23 PM(UTC)
QtnSasyCarrie

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hello and happy weekend!

Lizzy loved your house. I think it will sell pretty easily. I used to load the kids and the dog and all there stuff in laundry baskets I kept by the door into the back of the van and away we'd go.

Pat I am sorry to hear your mom isn't doing better. Does she have a pain counselor assigned? I have been following your photos on Facebook.

Paula have fun with Serina today. I love all the Independence Day celebrations going on.

Laurie sorry about the realtor and contractor. Maybe if Deion called. A male voice may do the trick.

We are babysitting Dakota tonight. She is still a handful but a lot better. We now have a shock collar on her and she gets buzzed every now and then but it works beautifully. We can even go for walks without a leash.

Been playing a lot of golf and went to see the big fireworks on the rooftop. That and chores, errands and dogs keep me pretty busy.

rm920 Offline
#2469 Posted : Sunday, July 07, 2013 5:55:46 AM(UTC)
rm920

Good morning all..

I hope everyone is enjoying their 4th of July celebrations.

Pat, sorry your mother is still in pain. Are they still considering surgery? I know your sister enjoyed the break, with you there for your mother. Sorry you didn't get much research done but I know you are excited to have the photos. Safe travels when you head home.

Lizzy, your home looks awesome. It shouldn't take long for it to sell. I also love the colors the stager picked. Hope you were able to come up with an idea for working on your scrapbook without have a huge amount of things out. I love it that I can just leave it as it lays and come and go as I want.

Laurie, sorry your realtor is not working out as well. But it looks so nice it should sell soon. Will keep my fingers crossed for you. I do agree with Carrie - maybe Dion should call. You shouldn't have to just sit and wait for her! Happy Birthday to Sadie!

Paula, how did travels with Serina go? I doesn't seem like that was a year ago!

Carrie, glad Dakota is learning so quickly. Have fun on the links!

Amber and I did spend the afternoon and evening at Michelle's. Nothing special just visiting. Then we came home and watched our city fireworks then I took her home. Work was super busy on Friday as the other lady took the day off. It sure made the day go by fast. Yesterday was doing errands, laumdry, weeding a flower bed and misc cleaning projects. Today I am going to Topeka with a friend. We will do a bit of shopping and have lunch out. Then it is back home to get ready for another work week.

I did become a great-grandmother again yesterday. My step-son's step-daughter (I know, confusing huh!) had her little boy yesterday. And her labor was less than an hour! He is happy and healthy and everyone is excited. Especially his older brother! Hope to be able to get up to see him soon. Now, I am waiting on Meghann. Her little bundle is due August 15th. Then I hope I am finished for quite a while.

I better get busy and get ready. My friend will be here soon. Have a great day everyone.
imnchghere Offline
#2470 Posted : Sunday, July 07, 2013 11:17:22 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

Just a quick note here. I need to shut down the computer. Mom is napping and I tried to do as much as I could on here while she was sleeping. I sent a long note to Jim and also cleaned out my mail box. I find it is easier to do on the laptop than using my phone or tablet.
Laurie, I agree with the other comments re your relator.
My sister will be here tomorrow mid day and then we will head back to San Francisco early Tue. In a way it has been a LONG almost 3 weeks. I will say, my sister needs to acquire patience. It is a virtue she lacks. I hated I wasn't able to go to the cemetery where my Dad is buried. I have been there twice in 15 yrs.
All in all, it hasn't been a bad trip. But for sure I will glad to be home.

lizzyea Offline
#2471 Posted : Sunday, July 07, 2013 5:54:32 PM(UTC)
lizzyea

Hi friends....it's early Sunday evening. My friend, Belinda, is coming over to watch Dexter with us and I just finished up a phone call with Sarah. Things are relatively quiet. Yes, the Open House was today and it looked like there were quite a few people for the visit. Our realtor had to go somewhere pretty quickly but said she would be in touch with us tomorrow. It sounds like we might get as many as two offers on the house tomorrow...so keep your fingers crossed for us. I would be so happy if that were the case, but I try never to get my hopes up for anything.

In the meantime, I have work to do...pay bills, view and download some documents regarding my IRA, etc.

Thanks for the compliments on the house. I really like what the stagers did, too. I really like the colors they ended up using for the family room and our bedroom: tans, creams, browns, blacks, with accents of dark red and dark green. I will likely try to use those same colors when we move. Rhonda, the family room sofa and chair are ours, but not the tables. The dining room table is ours, but not the chairs. The living room tables are ours, but not the sofa and chairs. The girls bedrooms are their furniture. So, about a third of the furniture is ours. They did not use our bedroom furniture, nor our living room furniture.

We are now talking about needing to pare down how much stuff we will be moving and having to get rid of even more things than we earlier thought necessary. I already had that in mind when I went through things, but my dear husband did not, so he has a great deal of work to still do! Good luck to him.

I saw on FB, Laurie, that you have gone back to having your creative items out! Good for you. I see that a local SB store has crops and I may have to succumb to participating in those. I am sure tempted!

Pat, I know it has been a difficult trip for you. It's hard to know why your sister isn't as patient with your mom as you are; I cannot understand why my sister refused to understand dementia and gets so outraged with my mother's statements. I want to slap her sometimes when just showing some patience and understanding would be a simple act of kindness on her part....but I just shake my head and move on. It's hard to understand why the medical profession is unable to get your mother out of the pain she is experiencing. That is terrible for her. And, I know as much as you would like answers to these same questions, you want to get back home. Life when we have to tend to ourselves, our children, our husbands, AND our parents is not easy. You are a good woman for having come to CA to care for your mother.

Carrie, enjoy your time with your family, dogs, golf, errands, and everything else.

Paula, I'm glad you have been able to spend this past year with Serina. I know it has taken a great deal of time, but it has been a gift of your time that no one has possibly ever given her in such a loving manner before. I'm sure she will never forget your kindness, your patience, and your love.

Well, friends, I need to go and get ready for my friend to pop in. Everyone take care.
Flee57 Offline
#2472 Posted : Sunday, July 07, 2013 10:57:01 PM(UTC)
Flee57

Hello Friends!

Yes Lizzy, I took out my painting stuff! I had to go through several boxes in 2 different closets and in my scraproom to find all that I wanted. Not 5 minutes after I retaped the boxes and put them back, she called. Thank God she didn't want to show it today LOL I knew that would happen LOL I'm working on that white dresser that the lady never picked up. I have put the supplies in the drawers, out of the way but I will leave what I'm working on right on the dresser top. It doesn't look too messy now that I've cleaned it up a bit. I think the showing is parents of someone D works with. They want to move to RS to be closer to their daughter. they have seen it online and really like it. they will have to sell their house first. she told D that her parents have money and they are ok with the price. Fingers crossed everyone!

Lizzy, I think that's fantastic that you might get 2 offers. My fingers are super crossed for you. I don't know if I told you but I sent Kris the link to the house and she loved it! Said it was definitely a million dollar home.

Rhonda! congrats on a new great grandbaby! I'm so glad you and Amber had a nice time at Michelle's. How was shopping in Topeka?

Pat, I didn't realize you've been away for 3 weeks. Home will feel good.

Carrie, how was babysitting Dakota? Did he chew anything?

Paula, I really like that pic of Serina with the fireworks behind her.

Nancy, hope you had a great weekend.

Ok, got the story on the last couple that looked at the house. First, she said she had texted me. At that time I was having problems with my phone. My sister had told me she sent me 6 texts...and I only got 2 so maybe there was just a problem. Anyway, the couple had told her they wanted to move to Rising Sun. When she called them back to get their parents to come see the house, she was told they got another realtor. she found out through the other realtor that they looked at a couple houses in 2 very different areas, not RS. He also told her that they have gone to yet another realtor and they have made 2 offers on 2 diff housed and renigged on both. they think that the couple is finding houses they want to see and they are calling the realtor that has it for sale. Whole thing seems weird. We are supposed to talk tomorrow about some things she'd like me to do and also to talk about the open house.

Ok, I have a huge list of what I need to do before the showing at 2 so I'd better get to bed.

Have a great day everyone!

Later!

imnchghere Offline
#2473 Posted : Monday, July 08, 2013 9:41:30 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

Good Morning. This is likely my last post until I get home Wednesday. The MB on my phone is just too hard.
Lizzy, I am keeping my fingers crossed that you get some offers to get the ball rolling. Hopefully people will be fighting to buy it.
Laurie, I am glad you made yourself a space to do a little crafting. I hope the open house goes well and you start getting some serious offers.
Hello to everyone else. I hope you all have a good week.
lizzyea Offline
#2474 Posted : Monday, July 08, 2013 6:56:10 PM(UTC)
lizzyea

Hi friends!

Laurie, it sounds like your realtor has been a bit "out of it" if she is just now getting around to talking with you about some things she wants you to do in the house. Where has she been until now? I would suggest that you go ahead and do whatever else she wants you to...but also talk with her about what she is doing on her end, especially an Open House!

As for the couple who is going all around using different realtors: some people think you use whoever is listing the house. They are not very saavy about how the housing market works.

I need to do some bill-paying and dinner-eating so I will be back later.
lizzyea Offline
#2475 Posted : Monday, July 08, 2013 7:52:31 PM(UTC)
lizzyea

OK....I'm back! Suddenly, I have a list of tasks to do that is pretty long. Next week, Terry booked me to go to Raleigh on a house-hunting trip. He can't go and he told me that I was going to make the ultimate decision anyway, so I might as well go by myself!

In the meantime, I have to schedule the house to be tented for termites, schedule another showing for tomorrow evening (yes, we are still showing the house), schedule the dog for an overnight visit to the kennel while we take a trip to San Francisco, etc. Life has suddenly gotten very busy and quite exciting.

Laurie, I see that you've been told to make your house look bigger. Did that come from your agent? Did she give you any suggestions? I sure hope so.

Pat, how does it feel to get home? Are you exhausted? Are there tons of things for you to do at home? I hope not.

Carrie, are you doing anything new since you last posted?

Rhonda, do you have any new pictures of grandbabies? How is work going? It sounds like you are keeping pretty busy. How was your trip to Topeka?

Nancy, are you home from your cabin?

Paula, what are you up to?
I_M_BLEST Offline
#2476 Posted : Monday, July 08, 2013 8:42:04 PM(UTC)
I_M_BLEST

Wow Lizzy, your life did just get busy for sure!!
Hey, DH is going to NC Thur. and will be there until next week. Just think...if I would have gone, maybe we could have looked at houses together, hehehe. Actually he will be in Charlotte. Just a few hours away...
Oh well, what an exciting time for you!!
When is your trip to S.F.?
Pat comes home Wed. She just didn't think she would be on the computer between now and then.

This week I have houses M., T., and W. then I am going up north to go to a little gathering of friends from H.S. A friend is in MI from FLA so she posted a get together so I am going. I will stay with my friend that just moved back from TX. My sister is going along but continuing on to my dad's to spend the night with him. (about a half hour away from my friend) He has been dealing with some health issues so we are trying to get up there when we can. Nothing big, just enough to slow him down and concern us (of course).

So...that's what I am up to. :)

Laurie, I am glad you got out your crafty things. Sounds like you worked it out well with your desk. Sorry the showing didn't turn up an interested party. It will come.

Nancy, haven't heard from you in awhile, what's up??
I_M_BLEST Offline
#2477 Posted : Wednesday, July 10, 2013 4:53:26 AM(UTC)
I_M_BLEST

RHONDA...LAURIE....NANCY.....LIZZY....WHERE ARE YOU GUYS????
I_M_BLEST Offline
#2478 Posted : Wednesday, July 10, 2013 11:24:00 AM(UTC)
I_M_BLEST

I am all alone...boohoohoo

Pat, I see you arrived home. Glad you made it safe and sound. :)

I am leaving town now. Going to a get together with some high school friends tonight. Yesterday my friend that lives in FLA called and said she is at her sister's in MI so tomorrow I will pick her up and we will spend the night at the cottage. Maybe two but I doubt it. So...I will check in when I get back and hope someone is around...

Oh, remember the new house I took? The one where the lady has lung cancer? The lady who told me about the house said it would be an easy quick one because it's just the two people. Last week I found out there is a whole, huge basement that I had never seen. Well...today we did the whole house. They said there would be lots to do because their kids, grandkids and a dog were going to be there for the holiday weekend. So, I took my sister.....well...7 hours, three floors, 7 bathrooms, 6 bedrooms later...we are done. Yea, I need a nap. However I have to jump in the shower and hit the road.

That's all for now. :)
Flee57 Offline
#2479 Posted : Wednesday, July 10, 2013 9:30:09 PM(UTC)
Flee57

Good evening Friends!

Paula, that's one big house! I'd hire someone to clean it for me to!

I've had a couple of bad days but there's this really awesome Friend I have that listens and then tells me how it is, which is always exactly what I need.

Things are looking up! I have a job interview on Monday WooHoo!

weather's been hot here and we had storms this afternoon. Didn't help with the heat though.

the last showing was a bust. there were parents of someone D works with. They drove by the house, and they looked at the house online and loved it. When they got here, too small for their antique bedroom furniture. Didn't they see the room sizes online. I got really upset. didn't know why they would even bother looking at it. The room sizes are online. But I'm over it. Realtor and I are meeting tomorrow to talk about the open house and to lower the price. Hope that will hlep

Gotta go...exhausted and going to bed

Later!
Nancycs Offline
#2480 Posted : Thursday, July 11, 2013 7:10:10 AM(UTC)
Nancycs

Good morning!

I know I have been MIA again. I feel like I don't spend anytime inside anymore.

Laurie sorry the house isn't selling quickly. It really hasn't been listed very long though has it? Good luck on your job interview. WHat is the job?

Paula so sorry you have been alone.......LOL Wow that is one big house to clean! Do you charge more when you do extra cleaning like that? I hope you are enjoying time with your friends at the cottage!

Lizzy you have a beautiful home! I see you have a back up offer if the first one falls through! Good for you! Will you buy a smaller home now that it is just you and Terry? Good luck on your house hunting trip!! I hope you find the perfect home!

Pat welcome home! I am glad you got to see your mom and look at those great pictures! Sorry it seemed long though.

Carrie I am glad the shock collar is working for Dakota. It can make it hard when a dog misbehaves. Our friends are dealing with that right now and it doesn't help that he is a very big dog.

Rhonda how are you doing?

We had a great week up north. Beautiful weather and relaxing. Now we are back to work and back into our routines.

I hope everyone has a great day!
imnchghere Offline
#2481 Posted : Thursday, July 11, 2013 12:42:08 PM(UTC)
imnchghere

Just a quick hello from me. Suddenly, I have the security code thing back and I just don't have time for it right now. Ridiculous.
Nancy, good to her from you and that you are just busy busy. Hello to everyone else.
Flee57 Offline
#2482 Posted : Thursday, July 11, 2013 5:15:36 PM(UTC)
Flee57

good evening Friends!

I had a nice day today working on digital pages of my Nephew's wedding. I bought them a table top flip album for a shower gift and I'm finally getting around to working on pages. I have some great digital kits that are working out great!

Not as hot here today. It was a really nice day. Blue skies and sunshine with a breeze. Currently 79*. The picture for tomorrow shows just a sun...no clouds yeah!

Pat, is your body on east coast time yet? I love the extra 3 hours flying out but coming back is hard. Oh, I did put that app in for M's. I spoke with a store manager and she said that's the only way they take apps and that there has never been any problems with the site. I hope not.

Nancy, good to hear from you. Glad all is well

later!
lizzyea Offline
#2483 Posted : Thursday, July 11, 2013 6:45:26 PM(UTC)
lizzyea

I just wrote a nice, long newsy message but was unable to get it to post because of the security code. Then it got lost and I am not going to do it all over again. Sorry....I'm busy, but doing OK. I have travel plans but won't tell you about them on FB so you'll just have to guess where I am going and what I am doing. I have plenty of stress but am handling it pretty decently. I have sadness but saw my therapist. I spent time with Kelly and we caught up. I talked to both girls and everything is going well with them. Basically life is decent. Laurie is lucky she has a friend who tells her how the cow eats the cabbage. By now, I hope Pat is back on EDT. I hope Paula is having fun with her HS buddies. It was good to hear from you, Nancy. And, Rhonda and Carrie, give us a shout!
rm920 Offline
#2484 Posted : Friday, July 12, 2013 4:33:45 AM(UTC)
rm920

Good morning all..

Nothing exciting going on here. Just dealing with this and that! I have the tree trimmers coming out today to take care of damage caused by high winds the past couple of weeks. And I have a garage door repair man coming out to fix the big garage door. Always something to take care of. I need to get out and mow around the pond. But when I can do it, it is too hot.

Lizzy, safe travels wherever you are headed. Glad you were able to spend some time with Kelly - nothing helps like a good friend!

Paula, I saw some pics on FB. Looks like you had a good time with your classmates. I agree with the others - that is a big house! Glad you were able to have help!

Laurie, will keep my fingers crossed for you job interview. Also hope the realtor can give you some help on ways to help get your home sold! Have fun working on the wedding album.

Nancy, glad you were able to get up north for the week. I understand about always having something to get done.

Pat, have to adjusted back to east coast time? It is fun to travel but good to get home.

I have a busy weekend planned (or it was planned for meBigGrin ) I go pick up Drew and Amber in the morning and we are headed to Topeka for a bit of shopping. Then tomorrow night, Cody is bringing Payton over to spend the night so he and Drew can go to a nearby small town's street dance. I am really looking forward to having her overnight. It has been a long time since I had a little one overnight! I will be sure to take lots of pics to share. I also have pics of my 2 new great grandsons to share as well. Will try to post them all on Sunday.

Have a great day everyone!
Flee57 Offline
#2485 Posted : Friday, July 12, 2013 6:56:43 AM(UTC)
Flee57

Good morning Friends!

Rhonda, what a great weekend you have planned! Have fun with Payton!

Lizzy, sorry your big post was a bust...hate when that happens

Well I think today I will work more on their wedding pages. They are turning out very nice. I have kits that have matching colors to their wedding.

Well, off to start my day. happy Friday everyone!

Later!
imnchghere Offline
#2486 Posted : Friday, July 12, 2013 7:17:44 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

Good Friday morning. I am getting back on east coast time and catching up on lost sleep. And the laundry is under control. Now I need to get moving on things that need done here before our trip to Maine. I am excited to visit a state I have never been to ad we will be visiting one of Jim's cousins either coming or going. She lives in CT.
Laurie, I am keeping my fingers crossed for the M's job and for your house to get some positive interest and sell soon.
Lizzy, I hope everything continues to move forward for you and works out. Wherever you are traveling to, enjoy and have a safe journey.
Paula, not sure when you will be back home, but I hope you are having a good time.
Rhonda, you have quite a fun weekend planed for you. I know you will enjoy having Payton overnight. Looking forward to seeing all the baby pics.
Hello Nancy & Carrie.
This weekend Jim & I have some society work to take care of and yard work. I also want to start getting the old pictures into some order. I am anxious to print some of them out and scrapbook them into my Heritage album. I also have some more current pictures I got from Mom that I want to scrapbook. I think I am going to sign up for a 3 day crop in late August so I can work on some of those pages.
Going to copy and save, so I don't lose this in trying to post.
lizzyea Offline
#2487 Posted : Friday, July 12, 2013 8:19:42 AM(UTC)
lizzyea

Good morning, friends! We have a showing of the house at 9:00 so we need to be up and at 'em early today. Terry is still snoozing, but as soon as I finish this and my coffee, we will hit the floor running. Yes, we are still showing the house in case anything falls through...taking back-up offers. You bet!

I will be glad when this period of time is over and we can move forward on everything. We did some number crunching last night and I will do more this weekend regarding how everything stacks up financially with how much we have spent on this house, and how much we want to spend on the next one, etc. so that we can be free of debt when this circus is over.

Our days have been very muggy lately. We have even had a few sprinkles as well. Very unusual summer weather for us. The mugginess has not made it cool...just muggy! LOL The temperatures aren't high, but it's so humid it isn't cool either!

Pat, I'm glad you are back on EDT and making headway. Maine sounds like a fun trip.

Rhonda, your weekend sounds wonderful. I'll be eager to see the pictures and what a great time you will have with Drew and Payton and just Payton!

Laurie, have fun scrapping and I'll work on calling you later.
Nancycs Offline
#2488 Posted : Friday, July 12, 2013 11:35:00 AM(UTC)
Nancycs

Good afternoon!

Yuck on the security code being back!

Pat you must be driving if you are stooping in CT. When do you leave?

Laurie it sounds like your weather is like ours over the last couple of days. Ours is going to get humid though.I hope the M's job comes through!

Lizzy sorry about the lost message! I am guessing you are going to NC to look at houses!! That will be nice to be debt free to start out your retirement! We have about 2 1/2 - 3 years to be there and that includes the house!! I can't wait.

Rhonda your weekend sounds wonderful! Enjoy Payton and I can't wait to see the new grandbabies!

Paula I also saw the pics! Looks like a great time! Did you stay 2 nights?

Carrie I hope all is well with you!

I posted pics of my new shed on facebook if you want to see my awesome shed!BigGrin We are really happy with it and finally got it painted. We just have one trim piece in the back left. The mosquitos just got too bad by that point. It should take us less that 30 minutes to get that done.

Tomorrow I will be going into town to bring my mom out to do a little shopping. She was having problems with social security saying she made more than she does and wanted her to pay the nursing home more. It was a mess but now it is straightened out and she has money again so she is ready to go out and get a few things.

I hope everyone has a great day!!
Flee57 Offline
#2489 Posted : Saturday, July 13, 2013 4:15:54 PM(UTC)
Flee57

I hate the security code thing. Big message lost! Grrrr

Pat I mentioned a couple places for you to see. Nubble Light in York (most photographed lighthouse) and Portland Head Light in Portland (the most beautiful in my opinion). And if you want to stop at a seafood place in NH go to Ray's in Rye. Go upstairs. Great food and great view! That 9 mile strip of shore in NH is my old stomping grounds...especially once I got my license! If you're looking for a lobstah or scollop roll, go to Wells, ME and eat at the Maine Diner. Scrumdillyicious!

Ok, this one better go through!
lizzyea Offline
#2490 Posted : Saturday, July 13, 2013 9:23:18 PM(UTC)
lizzyea

Good Saturday evening, friends! Not terribly busy these days...just biding our time, I guess until we get really busy again.

Tomorrow, we are having lunch with some friends and then Kat is coming down to spend the night before we head out to NC. She will take our Ruby to the kennel on Monday morning for us. Otherwise, we would have had to take her today and I hate to have to take her those extra days. It is stressful for her and it costs us extra money.

I am getting eager and anxious to get to NC. So far our #1 property has been snatched up by someone else...a huge disappointment for Terry. I've been doing lots of looking since then and figured out that if all else fails, we will just rent a tiny place, sleep on a mattress on the floor, and build our own place until the new place is ready. I know it will be stressful, but heck, I'm not going to settle for something I don't want.

Tonight, I need to print some paperwork from our realtor here and I need to figure out what I am going to take to scrap - in the off-chance I get to do some scrapping. (Keep your fingers crossed!)

Speaking of crossing fingers, how did the showing of your house go today, Laurie? Of course, you won't know for another day or so, right? Sorry for my asking.

Pat, when do you leave for Maine? I did read that you were working outdoors and the gnats got to you.

Rhonda, I imagine you are busy with your weekend of fun and baby stuff! Don't forget we are waiting for pictures of Payton!

Paula, what are you up to?

Well, friends....I'd better do a copy of this and then try to post it. I don't understand the security code business....but I guess I'll live with it. Aargh!

Nancy, your shed is fabulous! Those people shoudl have no problem selling those.